The Haunted Whorehouse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Marie's expression turned serious as she heard that and it didn't escape Jamie.

"Come on, don't tell me you believe in that after all? Have you experienced anything?"

What he had said seemed to fit with her dreams but they were only dreams, and anyway she wasn't prepared to discuss her sexuality with him so she lied.

"No. Not at all. I was thinking how everything is sexualised these days, even ghost stories apparently. In this case it has been positive though if it has kept the house safe from vandalism. Four broken windows is quite enough but I shudder to think about if the furnitures had been smashed as well: grandma spent a fortune to renovate and return everything to the original look as far as she could get it."

"I would love to see it all at some time, I haven't visited a whorehouse before, must be a sight to see."

"It is and I will invite you when I'm finished. Just don't expect any whores, I won't provide them." Marie laughed.

With that they returned to their painting.

Marie was surprised how slow the work progressed. After two weeks they weren't even halfway on the outside and Jamie explained it:

"All the decorations takes a steady hand and with different colours the paint has to dry in between. It is actually a bit like painting a picture at times, though with a preset canvas. The porch will be a hell of a job since it is closer to a visitors eyes, every detail clearly visible. Three more weeks I figure until we are done with the outside. I have been wanting to ask you, and I hope I'm not entering your private sphere, but how much time do you have? When are you returning to work."

"Returning to work? Oh, that's not a problem, I am retired. This will be my job now, taking care of the house."

"Retired? At your age? Sorry, but that is hard to believe. You can't be more than 25 or so. Are you a stock broker or something then?"

"No, no, nothing like that and I am 32, not25, but thanks anyway." she smiled.

It was their usual lunch break and they sat on the lawn in the sun. The late May sky had cleared and the sun was warm if not scorching. Perfect weather for working outside and they both wore cut off jeans shorts and t-shirts.

25 she thought. Either he was overly diplomatic or half blind. She had retired herself because she felt too old for her job, competing with kids no older than 20. She could afford to quit, so why keep going against the odds? Her husband hadn't liked what she did either...

Her new life had become a routine. The sexual dreams every night that kept her sated, waking up invigorated every morning, cleaning the house until Jamie arrived and then painting the house and the outhouses.

The breaks spent at different places in the garden, always talking about this or that. It was comforting to feel normal and the work showed progress, if slowly. Being outside in the sun was nice and Jamie was good company.

Another week passed and then one morning her phone rang while waiting for Jamie's arrival. It was him and he sounded upset.

"It's Jamie." he said "I can't come to work today, don't know how long this will take. There was a fire at my house, in the garage, but it spread fast and I have to find some place else to stay while they fix that as well as the smoke and water damage. The car is ruined too."

"Oh God, are you okay? Were you there?"

"I was there, asleep when the alarm went off. Yeah, I'm okay, some minor burns but nothing worth mentioning. My life is turned upside down though, a lot of damage to the house, my things soaked with water and smelling of smoke. Pretty much total chaos. A lot of work to get things straightened out. I'll call you when I'm ready to continue on your house."

Marie was shaken by the news. She had experienced a home fire herself years before and could well imagine how it was for him, but she was lost for words at the moment. Jamie finished the call before she got her head into gear.

After walking around the house for a while, getting nothing done, Marie got the car keys and left. Fifteen minutes later she parked at his house and could see the damage for herself. A fire engine was still there and the crew seemed to inspect the ruins of what must have been the garage and the car to make sure it would not reignite. Jamie stood on the pavement talking to a man, so Marie got out of her car and walked over to them.

"... will cover all your expenditures for damages, moving and so on, but this will take time." the man said to Jamie as she reached them "Show receipts for anything and we will transfer the money in a day, or if you want to do some of the job yourself you only specify it and report the time it took. Within reason of course."

"Thanks, but my first priority is a place to stay and to save what I can of my belongings. Can you help in any way with that? There isn't exactly an abundance of houses available in the area." Jamie replied.

"We have nothing prepared, no. All we can do is to pay for expenses and recommend people for you to contact. You could rent a caravan as a first step."

"That won't be necessary Jamie." Marie cut into the conversation "I have a huge house and you can move in there. The stable is empty and can house your things until they are cleaned and dried."

Jamie turned around, not aware until then that she was there.

"Marie? When..."

"I can rent a trailer to transport your stuff and help you load and unload if you want to do it yourself. Otherwise you just hire the help and I will drive you around where you need to go. Just tell me what you need me to do."

"You don't..."

"Are you from the insurance company?" She asked the other man and he nodded "This won't be a problem, right? You still cover his expenses if I house him at my place?"

"Of course. It makes no difference to..."

"Great, let us get started then Jamie, time's wasting."

The two men stared at her when she turned around and walked back to her car. Then they exchanged a look between them and Jamie shrugged his shoulders before he followed her. He knew her well enough by then to recognise her determined mode, and in truth it would save him a lot of trouble to accept her invitation.

They rented a trailer and moved some of the more delicate things, like his paintings and other art, while hired hands took care of the rest. It took them all day and the stable was quite full after the furnitures had been spread out inside to allow them to 'breathe'. His clothes were for the most part only smelling from the exposure to the smoke and hung outside in the breeze to ventilate.

Except for dinner Jamie spent all that first evening with his art, looking for damage and moisture on the canvases and setting them out to air. At dinner he had his chance to speak to Marie, hopefully with her in her normal, less determined, mode.

"Marie, thank you for all the help, storing my things and letting me occupy the top floor in your home. It is very kind of you and I appreciate it more than I can express, but you didn't have to do it really."

"I know, I became obnoxious again, didn't I? Decided for you and not letting you say what you thought. I'm sorry Jamie."

"No. Well, yes you did but obnoxious is too strong a word for it. I am very grateful anyway and you helped a lot even though I would have managed anyway. What I am wondering is how a soft-spoken and timid woman like you can change into a totally different person who control any situation with confidence?"

"It's not confidence, rather fear. In this case though I knew what it was about, I have had a house fire myself years ago and remember all those details that took so much time. I can't help with them since I don't know what they are for you, but I can be a friend and try to help. I think I owe you that. Anyway, this house is big enough for both of us so why not let you stay here?"

"You don't know me very well, I could be a sex-crazed murderer for all you know and you invite me to stay under your roof."

"I have been around you long enough to take the chance. I may know more than you think and if I should be wrong I can defend myself."

"Okay. Anyway, thanks for everything. I won't disturb you more than necessary. May I borrow your car tomorrow, with you as my chauffeur? I want to buy a car to not be dependent on you and then there are a few of those details you mentioned to take care of. If things work out I might be able to continue painting the house in the evenings at least."

"Sure, anytime, and the paint can wait if you have other things to do."

On the top floor Jamie had trouble falling asleep that night. He was tired enough to sleep standing up but with what had happened his mind was on alert. A new place with its own sounds, a new -- or rather very old -- bed that was huge but not as comfortable as his own. There were many things that kept him awake but finally he drifted off.

He woke up with heart pounding some time later, shivering from something cold moving over his chest. It had a soft feel, teasing him, but he was unable to identify it. He reached for the bedside lamp to turn it on but was stopped by that cold... something, that pulled his hand back to his side and in under his body. It was then that he realised that the covers were off and so were his shorts that he always wore in bed. He learned it by something wet and cold closing around his cock.

The old truth that cold was the best way to get rid of an erection didn't seem to apply this time. Instead he got even harder, harder than he ever had experienced before, and he gasped as that wet cold pressure started to move up and down.

Then it stopped and disappeared for a while but when it returned it covered more of his body: the outside and top of his thighs, crotch, abdomen and -- a few seconds later -- two places on his chest as well as his lips.

It felt like... yeah, someone straddled him with hands on his chest and lips against his, but cold as death itself. He tried to roll away but was firmly held down as if by a great weight. He tried to get his arms out from under him but they were pinned.

Once more something closed around his cock, all the way down on it. Still it was as cold but not as wet as the first time, and then it began moving up and down. He felt the cold on his thighs and abdomen move at the same rhythm as the pressure on his chest changed too. A cold point pushed his lips open and slipped in to touch his tongue.

'Christ, some... thing is riding and tongue kissing me!' he realised, and it was effective too: he was about to come at any moment. Surely it couldn't be Marie, she would have had to lay in an ice packing for an hour to be so cold, and anyway why would she force him? A word would have been enough to convince him. She was a solid person too and this... thing was only cold touches without substance. His thoughts turned to the stories he had heard about this house, about sexual ghosts: fuck if it wasn't true after all!

He came hard from the ride but to his surprise his warm cum landed on his chest and belly. Of course, something without substance couldn't contain it, could it? Then again, it had held his arms and forced them down, and he sure could feel the pressure on his body. No wait, he couldn't feel the pressure any more, not even the cold. What the fuck just happened? Had he woken from a dream after coming or what?

Marie wasn't aware what went on upstairs, she had enough with the new development of her own dreams to care anyway. Nothing was covering her body once again but this time there was a cold pressure on top of her and that cold rod that pounded her was relentless. What felt like fingers of ice had hold of her shoulders and pushed her down with every stab inside her. How could it arouse her this much to be used like that? She hadn't asked for it and not taken any initiative for it to happen. She was a passenger taken for a ride, a shivering cold and exhilarating ride that would soon make her come.

She gasped and moaned from the treatment, rising higher and higher towards the climax. Her body started to clench up, her breath caught in her throat for a second and she erupted with clenched teeth to hold back a scream.

No more had her body relaxed again when the cold pressure disappeared, but only long enough for her to sigh from relief that it was over. Then the cold returned and the icy rod was back inside her. God, a ghostly gangbang dream, that was all she needed! Didn't need, she corrected herself but changed her mind again as another orgasm took her.

At breakfast Marie and Jamie sat silent in their own thoughts, glancing at each other once in a while.

"Have..." they both finally said at the same time to break the silence, and stopped abruptly.

"You first." Jamie offered, happy to hear her voice at last.

"Have you slept well? I mean, after the fire and everything, and in a new place and a new bed?"

"I had some trouble falling asleep and woke up one time but I feel very well rested I must say. And you?"

"Fine, I wake up once every night too, or if it is a dream, but I sleep very efficiently here. Any strange dreams?"

What was she aiming at? It was almost as if she knew about... but no, she couldn't, could she?

"Define strange to me please. All dreams I can remember has been weird one way or another so I can't really say what qualifies."

"You know, freaky things, ghosts and stuff. Remember what you told me about the stories regarding this house? Things like that would likely pop up in your dreams now that you live here."

"I also told you that I didn't believe in those stories so that ought to disqualify me from having any dreams along those lines. Is that what you dream about after I told you?"

"Not really. Well, sometimes I do but most of the times I can't remember my dreams."

Was that a lie or the truth, she asked herself? If the sex was her dreams it sure was a lie but it seemed so real that it almost had to be true. But that would mean that ghosts existed. Or that she was insane. or...

She realised that Jamie was speaking to her again.

"...go look for a car. If you want you can stay here and I will come get you when it is ready to be picked up. Might be more fun to stay here than to look at cars and wait in offices."

"No, I'll come with you, no problem. Might actually be fun to meet some people in town, I bet the gossip about me is juicy."

"I think you may be right about that, and now I will be a central part in it too. But neither of us will hear a word of it."

Jamie got a car that day and took care of a few other things of importance. A couple of drying fans was rented for the stable to hurry up the drying, textiles were sent away to be cleared of the smell.

They returned to the paint job a week later, at least part time, and finished the outside. Jamie asked Marie if she would mind if he painted pictures of some of the rooms in the evenings. It was after all what he did for a living and the house had many motifs to offer.

"You go right ahead. No need to ask permission for anything, you live here too you know."

"Thanks, but I prefer to ask anyway since it is your house."

So he started with the saloon -- or huge living room as it now was -- and spent several hours on it before he sighed and sat passive, looking at the canvas. Marie entered from the kitchen right then and noticed his expression.

"Anything wrong Jamie? You look a bit exasperated."

"Well, yeah. This room looks fantastic in itself, sexy, erotic, but it is dead. There should be men and women here to give it life. Women in fancy dresses or in there underwear, even naked. It is an old whorehouse after all and the furnitures suggests so too, but without women it isn't."

"But can't you add some women out of memory? Surely you have seen films with a setting like this?"

"Yes of course I have, but the problem is to make it look natural. Dimensions, shadows, positions, details that I can't even remember if I don't see them. Take you right now as an example. The light from the chandelier highlights your hair and face but casts shadows under your...hmm... bust. You're wearing jeans shorts and a t-shirt, who knows how an old fashioned dress would reflect the light and cast shadows? I can't do it justice without living people."

"Can't you hire a couple of models then?"

"Out here? In the middle of nowhere? No way! I have tried to get someone to pose for me before, fully dressed and in public that is, and got nothing. I don't think it would be easier in here dressed as whores... Then there is the dresses, I don't have any and they would be expensive to get, just as models from out of town would be."

"Well, give it up for tonight Jamie. It's getting late, perhaps we can think of something tomorrow."

"Yeah, right. Very likely..."

After a stimulating night for both of them (as usual and separately) Marie had a suggestion.

"Jamie, I think we should have a look up in the attic."

"What for? We checked that as well as the roof and basement before we started to paint and it looked alright."

"I know, but that was not what I was thinking about. Grandma was very interested in the history of the house as I have told you. She renovated the house and got suitable furnitures. There are several chests in the attic, I saw them when we were up there, but I haven't looked inside them yet. Perhaps there are time typical things there that may help."

"Okay, if you think so I don't mind but I strongly suspect that all we will find is moths and dust."

They went up to the top floor and Jamie opened the hatch in the ceiling to the attic and pulled down the ladder. With electric torches in hands they climbed the ladder and stumbled on a chest almost at once. Letting their torches move around they noticed many more as well as a few knapsacks.

"Perhaps we should bring them downstairs instead of opening them up here?" Marie suggested "If they contain anything useful we can't leave it up here and if not we should throw it away."

"Good point. It might also prevent us from swallowing more dust than necessary. Go fetch a rope and bring it up here so that we can lower the chests without climbing the ladder."

An hour later they sat in one of the bedrooms on Jamie's floor with the first chest open between them. Old books filled it and opening one it was dated 1879.

"Not exactly up to date but wow!" was Jamie's comment.

The next chest contained a pair of revolvers and framed photographies. Some portraits, some group photos, all of them of women. On the back of each a name and a year was scribbled.

The first knapsack they opened made Marie gasp for breath -- as much for the dust released as the contents. Dresses, old style. She picked up the first holding her breath and held it up in front of her. It was full length, reaching the floor, and wide. The shoulders were bare but the sleeves long. It sure was generous revealing a lot of bust and the waist had lacing at the back to narrow it and lift the bust even more. The colour was was a dull red, probably hampered by the dust.

The next was almost identical but blue with white trimming and the last one had short sleeves and was yellow.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed "These can't be originals, can they? I mean, they look almost new to me except that they need washing."

Jamie took a closer look at the red dress and suddenly laughed.

"Machine wash 140F, no tumbling." he said and shook his head "I don't think so, no."

"Well, that is a relief in a way. I would be afraid to clean them otherwise. So grandma ordered time typical dresses to be made too."

Their continued search resulted in more dresses, underwear, shoes, hats and accessories.

"I think this will solve your problems with the painting Jamie." Marie said after they had brought all the clothing down to the wash room.

"In what way? I agree that the clothes fit in with the rest, but there are no bodies in them, still no life."