All Comments on 'The Lady at the Store'

by gemlesgross

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
StangStar06StangStar06about 11 years ago
Snickers!

Okay let's explain that. My favorite candy bar is a milky way. If I can't find that I eat a snickers. Snickers is like a milky way but with nuts. There's the one tiny thing I don't like and a lot that I love. The story was extremely well written. There were a couple of typos but nothing major. I absolutely loved the characters and the dialogue was razor sharp. If it wasn't for those damned nuts this would be pure chocolate nirvana.

This is one of the most romantic stories I've ever seen. This is the heart of the new 21st century romance. It's taken us over 2000 years to realize that as people there is someone for everyone. This story expounds on that. What I love is the hero's willingness to stand up and say "fuck convention I like old fat women." There are if you judge by the number of porn sites that cater to older women and large ladies thousands of guys out there like him. He meets his version of the perfect woman and through a series of mis-steps and misadventures connects with her. For me the only nuts in this milky way is the gay husband. I wish he was a memory or he died of cancer or he died saving a school bus full of kittens. I have no problem with gay characters or even a gay romance, the husband even works for me if he stayed just a friend. But this marriage just seems built for frustration. How do their kids feel?

For a romance to truly work the partners have to be able to get together and the husband blocks that. I love this story, maybe a part 2? Great job

Alleykat86Alleykat86about 11 years ago
My hubby made me read this

He was right. It's a good story, but I can't get past the cheating.

If your husband is fat do you cheat? If your husband is ugly do you cheat?

If you suddenly want someone else do you cheat?

The woman never should have married the guy in the first place.

My hubby called this a 21st century romance. I see it as the same old

Thing. A flawed woman who should have been more patient. There

really is someone for everyone. She should have waited for a guy

who really got her instead of settling for what she could get. And the

husband is a cheater too. They should never have gotten married.

And as for my hubby's comment on different types of women, his type

Had better be small blond women who live with him. I liked the story

But to be perfect she should have divorced her husband before

Hooking up with someone else.

KindEyesKindEyesover 4 years ago
Tender and warm

Wonderful and real. Just beautiful!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous