The Network

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,653 Followers

"And you'll get it if you ever try that again." I felt her control returning as link got lighter and felt her love laced with less anger. I got images of myself across her lap having my bare ass beaten by a baseball bat. She had obviously put a lot of thought into it, they were very vivid. Samantha laughed and covered her mouth. I decided to risk a stupid statement.

"Oh baby, that looks so kinky." I figured I looked a mess with chapped lips and sleep encrusted eyes but, I tried to make it sound sexy. The anger in the link dissipated. I knew I would pay for making light of her pain but, I would pay later in much more agreeable ways.

"I am just glad you screwed up and didn't die you pervert." More loved flowed in and I knew I was forgiven. She pushed off of me and gave me smile a which seemed out of place with her watery green eyes.

"Are you okay." I said to Samantha, "I wasn't sure I finished. Did I get it all?"

"Yep, clean bill of health. I think I was the only one not affected by the whole thing since I was out cold. That's if you don't count my hair." She did seem to be the rational one.

"Well you scared the crap out of us. If it wasn't for Mother, none of us would have made it." My voice was coming easier now. I made a feeble attempt to sit up but, decided laying down was a better idea. I just noticed there was an IV in my left arm.

"Don't try to move to fast Robert. You've been out of three weeks. They can't explain you're collapse but, Tom has convinced them to keep it private." Rebecca reset the sheets and sat down lovingly next to me. She placed a straw back in my mouth while holding the glass. I drank some more and realized how hungry I felt.

"Where's Mother." I needed to apologize for not telling her everything until the end. Without her, it would never had worked.

"She's been kind of off since the surgery. She said you taught so much about what was forgotten. She somehow helped you by making promises but, she wouldn't say to who." Samantha seemed a little worried. "The network is concerned, Robert. She has been seen talking to trees." I smiled as well as I could. Mother was a smart woman. I really liked smart women.

I felt out for Mother. It was easy now, kind of like riding a bike. I found her just north of San Francisco. I sensed frustration and tenseness that wasn't apparent in our earlier link. It just didn't fit her soul as I knew it. I sent calmness as I strengthened the link. "Stop that, you want me to tell the girls you're sharing." I smiled at the thought of the girls being jealous of the old woman. "And I'm not that old!" In my weakened state I was sharing more than I intended. It didn't bother me much since we both knew too much of each other already.

"I'm breathing so I must be in your debt." I still sensed her agitation.

"And you're going to pay my dear boy. When I saw what your were doing I was able to find a particularly old soul with so much knowledge. His roots ran deep and he brought so much power I thought our link was on fire. When I shared your attempted sacrifice, he triggered the burst. They all knew what was needed. It was costly for them, not like what it would have been for you but, costly none the same." She paused a moment before continuing, "Trees only want three things Robert, water, sun and children." I sensed more frustration, "Nature gives them the first two so I promised the children." I remembered the trees I couldn't connect to, the ones distracted by the young minds. They were enthralled and loved the eclectic, unfiltered thoughts that burst from their minds. Her agitation increased.

"What's upsetting you Mother." I could have just pried into her but, I felt I had done enough intruding for a life time. I had promised myself to only see what each soul wanted me too.

"I'm on a bus with thirty five kindergartners. It's a damn field trip to the Redwoods to pay my debt. I have to watch these little rats all afternoon. Even with the teachers I run ragged keeping them in line. No discipline whatsoever." Her frustration increased as she described her duties. "The old one loves it, I can't even share with him when they are running around him. God, he is insatiable, this is my third trip." I was trying to hold back my laughter. Imagining Mother, the strength behind the druid network, having to manage unruly and unlinked kindergartners was too much. "Laugh now Robert, they loved your soul. They haven't felt an Arch Druid in over five hundred years. Your children will be a particular delicacy." I laughed out loud kind of freaking out Rebecca and Samantha. Me, with kids, like that was ever going to happen. My soul belonged to my girls and I wasn't going to complicate my life with rug rats.

"What's so funny Robert." Rebecca sensed my link with Mother. She was concerned that something may be wrong. My laughter seemed out of place.

I was trying to recover from the laughter so my statement was halting but I had to share it with the girls. "Mother...thinks it's time ... we had children." Me a father. I would suck so bad it was laughable. My sides were hurting.

A sudden warmth filled my soul. Love swamped out my laughter and passion filled the void. It was an intense solid love, a love of need, a love of want. It was blissful and full of promise. It was instinctive with little control behind it. It was so powerful it leaked around everything. I couldn't have blocked it if I tried.

"Babies would be so wonderful." Samantha was in heaven. I felt her as a mother loving, bonding and cherishing.

"They would be so beautiful." Rebecca was on the same cloud if not a bit higher. I was fucked.

Mother smiled, "Who's laughing now, Daddy." and severed the link.

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,653 Followers
1...456789