The Rescue Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You'll get no trouble out of me, I fully intend to make use of the couch out here," I point out. "Now go and hit the showers already, I want to shower too before I pass out from exhaustion."

"All right, I'm going but you're taking the bed and I'm taking the couch. You're the one that's wounded not me," She says and heads into the bathroom but pokes her head right back out. "Oh and speaking of we need to check that bandage of yours too. Make sure my stitches are holding up."

"Yes ma'am, after my shower. Now scoot."

She sticks her tongue out at me then shuts the door. I chuckle and head into the living room area to see what kind of amenities we have available. There's no way I'm making her sleep out on the couch tonight but I'll save that argument for later. I snag a beer from the mini bar and head out to the balcony to watch the beginning of the storm as it takes shape over the sea. I lean back in my chair enjoying the cooling breeze and with a satisfied smile drift off to sleep.

I awaken to Michelle softly saying my name.

"Kenny, wake up," She says quietly.

I open my eyes and see that darkness has ascended and the rain that had been threatening is now a steady downpour.

"I'm up," I answer pushing myself to an upright seated position. "Must have dozed off."

As my eyes adjust to the soft light spilling out of our room I see Michelle wrapped in a big soft white robe, her hair only slightly damp from her shower which tells me I've been out for a little while. All clean from her shower she's a vision of womanly beauty reminding me of the first time I laid eyes on her. Her athletic body has filled out a little more since college but she's still supple with the right kind of curves in all the right places. It's just now that I've really paid attention to her body, we've be running so much I haven't really had the chance to notice. I'm glad that I'm taking advantage of the opportunity that's presented itself. I have to force my face to stop the smile that was creeping its way onto my face. If she notices my staring, she ignores it.

"You did, for about an hour now. You looked so peaceful that I just sat out here watching it rain and let you sleep but now that I'm feeling like a person again I'm starting to get hungry. The little things we managed to snag while on the run isn't cutting it now."

"Sure no problem. My stomach was rumbling and this beer wasn't all that filling," I answer getting to my feet and follow her inside staring at her backside despite the fluffy robe doing its best to hide it.

Forcing my eyes away from her takes a Herculean effort but I manage it before she catches me and I start wondering what kind of dream I may have been having to be feeling all these things right now.

"How was the shower?" I ask.

"Amazing. This may just be because it's been so long since I've had a real shower but it felt incredible," She states.

"Did you leave me any hot water?"

"I tried to. It's had an hour to recharge itself or whatever so I'm sure there's plenty now," She tells me. I see the menu beside the phone and pick it up. "I was gonna try and order room service myself but I wasn't sure what you'd want."

"I'd eat anything right about now but thanks for waiting. What are you in the mood for?"

"I know this is bad, being in Italy and all but I want a cheeseburger, a greasy cheeseburger with fries and a pickle. Like Chef Smitty's at the mall makes, you ever go there? It's been way too long since I've had one and I'm craving American food right now."

"Yeah I go there every once in a while when I'm down that way. It used to be a hell of a drive from Calabash to there but now that I'm in North Myrtle it's not so bad," I tell her as I pick up the phone and dial the front desk.

I try and think of how to translate that into Italian but give up and decide to just use English because I'm still half out of it. I think the pills that the doctor prescribed to fight infection also makes me a little loopy. I phone in the order and the very understanding clerk assures me the meal will arrive shortly.

"You want to lie back down until the food gets here?" She asks.

"Better that I don't, I really need that shower."

"So how do you like living in North Myrtle now?" She asks as I get up to head to the bathroom.

"It's nice enough I guess. I'm sure that you already know that I got a new boat with my bonus from the Voss's and it just seemed that to move was the smart play. It's easier to get charter clients now since the marina's nicer."

"So you live on the boat?"

"Yeah it's not as bad as you'd think. Nice gentle rocking that puts you to sleep at night and hey, if I don't like the scenery I just weigh anchor and find a better spot."

"It was nice on the research ship I was on. I thought I might have trouble getting to sleep but as you say, the rocking really helps," She tells me.

"Did it help with your insomnia?"

She shakes her head. "No I still woke up in the middle of the night and wandered the ship. Felt eerie being the only one up and about kind of like I was the only one on the ship. The only time I slept through the night was when you and I were in the village."

I scratch my chin; the four-day growth of beard is starting to annoy me. "Yeah but you were exhausted so that might have had something to do with it."

"Come on, don't you want to take credit for curing me Kenny?" She jokes.

"Sure. Who knew all you needed was an unconscious body lying next to you to sleep through the night?"

Lightly she punches my good arm. "Jerk. Get your butt to the shower before I call down to the front desk and get you put in the janitors closet."

"Yes ma'am. Money for a tip is on the table if they get here before I'm out. Oh and call Addison when you get the chance and let her know what our plans are."

She nods. "Okay. Don't forget, we've gotta change that bandage and take your meds so you don't get an infection."

"Yeah and Michelle... thanks for taking care of me," I tell her.

She almost makes a joke out of it but when she looks at me and sees the seriousness in my eyes, she nods.

"It was the least I could do for my white knight," She says smiling shyly.

"I don't know about the white knight thing but I am glad that you're safe," I tell her and head into the bathroom while she picks up the phone and gets the desk clerk to connect her to an international operator who helps her make the call home.

"Michelle?" Addison says once the call is connected.

"Hey it's me. Back from the dead and all that," Michelle says on the other end.

"Honey, don't even joke about that. I really thought that I'd lost you."

"I'm sorry sweetie. I'm fine really. Better now that I've had a shower and I'm lying here in a fluffy robe in Italy of all places, relaxing. Can you believe it?"

"Uh huh, so if you're lying around in a robe then where is Kenneth at?" She asks with a grin.

"Taking his turn in the shower and stop thinking like that; we're behaving ourselves," She tells her.

"Uh huh, sounds like that situation could change any minute," Addison giggles.

"We're just friends, well friends again Addison, that's all."

"And look how well that turned out the last time."

"Yes, no one would believe me so I ran away to Australia," Michelle says.

"Oh ha ha, very funny. You know what I think? I think you're going to pick up right where you and he left off before you left for Australia," Addison says.

"That won't be happening he's still weak from being shot."

"So he was shot, okay. We just knew he was hurt but not how. "

"Ken was shot?" Alex whispers not wanting to draw attention.

Addison nods. "He is okay right Michelle?" she asks.

"He's fine, it's just his shoulder. It happened over in Africa when we he was trying to get to me. I stitched him up and made him see a real doctor once we got to civilization. Other than maybe another scar to add to his collection, he's fine."

"Are you sure Michelle? Here wait a second, tell Alex he'll know," Addison says handing the phone to Alex.

"Michelle? I'm glad you're all right," Alex says. "Now what's this about Ken being shot?"

She explains to him everything that happened, at least everything that she's been told up until getting to Italy.

"He seems okay to me but the doctor in Dakar could have told him that he was going to dead by next week and I wouldn't know," she finishes.

Alex chuckles. "Michelle, he's too damn stubborn to die from a single gunshot wound I promise you that. Besides it sounds like he's fine and that you did a good job patching him together. I can't believe you were able to transfuse him like that using yourself as the donor."

"I did what I had to do. I wasn't about to let him die on me out here."

"We'll get him checked out by a doctor here once you get home just to be on the safe."

"Thank you Alex and please set up the thing with a doctor. I want to hear what's going on in a language I understand."

"Sure thing. Okay, Addison's about to kill me if I don't give her back the phone."

"I was not!" Michelle hears in the background. "I was not going to kill him but I might withhold sex from him... oops, that slipped out." Addison states into the phone this time.

"Oh my god Addison!"

"I didn't say anything. You didn't hear anything. International calls are notoriously buggy and you heard someone else talking about sex, not me."

"You and Alex huh? It's about time," Michelle says laughing.

"Alex said that Kenneth would say the same thing but I didn't want to tell you until you got back. Didn't want you thinking that I was..."

"Bouncing on your hobby horse while I was struggling to stay alive?" Michelle suggest still laughing.

"Bouncing on my... That's so wrong Michelle."

"You're the one that used to call it that not me but don't worry about it. I'm glad you had someone to help you through this thing."

"I'm very lucky that he's here with me, that true."

"Yes, you are. Alex is a great guy."

"Don't I know it. Speaking of great guys, I can't believe you treat something like your great guy getting shot so nonchalantly Michelle."

"Sorry, it's hard not to when you're around him. He acts like it didn't even happen half the time but then I'll see him wince and it'll remind me that he has a hole in his arm," She tells her. "I was scared to death he was gonna die on me that first night so maybe I'm being a little overprotective of him right now. Once we get home, I'm sure that'll change."

"Speaking of home, we need to talk about your boyfriend Justin."

"He isn't my boyfriend and never was my boyfriend," Michelle states.

"I know you told me that before but then when you up and went to Africa with him I figured that things had changed."

"No, things didn't change and he's not why I went to Africa in the first place. I had my own reasons for going there. Oh God, he's not there is he?" She asks.

"He came with us to the airport when Kenneth was leaving. Words were exchanged and he punched him," Addison says.

"Kenny punched Justin?"

"No, Justin punched Kenneth. He didn't tell you any of this?"

"No he didn't. Why'd Justin punch him?"

"Maybe I shouldn't have said..."

"Well you already did so spill it Addison."

"Damn it, I've tried really hard to work on that. Well since the cat's out of the bag already I might as well tell you. Kenneth was so pissed when Justin blamed you for being left behind. Dad grabbed him so he wouldn't do anything but Justin hit him anyway."

Michelle shakes her head. "Sounds like him. I guess it's no wonder Kenny didn't tell me."

"It gets worse I'm afraid. Justin was pretty belligerent once we got back to the estate calling Kenneth an asshole, me a spoiled rich bitch so I told him to crawl back under whatever rock he came from and leave us and you alone. After that he...," She pauses wondering just what she should tell her.

"Addison what did he do?"

"I think he was going to hit me but Alex stepped out of the shadows and decked his sorry ass. I think he broke his nose, at least I hope that he did."

"Oh my God Addison, I'm so sorry."

"Don't you apologize for that creep. At least he's gone now. I hope that's all right with you."

"That is totally and completely fine. I don't know why I got together with him in the first place. He tried playing all nice and caring but I could just tell that it wasn't genuine but I guess I was just lonely."

"You're not alone now are you Michelle?"

"Don't start in on this thing between Kenny and me, Addison. It's complicated enough that I've slept with him the past few nights without you throwing your two cents in."

"You slept..." Addison starts to ask loudly then noticing that everyone is looking at her she shrugs. "You slept with him?" she whispers.

"Not like that Addison. The hut we shared at the village had just the one bed so we shared it but nothing happened. He was a perfect gentleman."

"You wanted him to jump your bones though didn't you?"

Michelle sighs. "My mother isn't anywhere near you right now is she?"

"She's talking with my dad at the moment so you're safe. Look, I know you used to have a thing for Kenneth, more than friendship and don't bother denying it because I know you Michelle. You've kissed him and slept with him already, why not take the next step and screw him?"

"Addison! Are you out of your mind? Look even if I still had those feeling, which I'm not saying that I do, he's been shot and I doubt he's in any type of mood for... for what your suggesting," Michelle says.

"Unless he was shot in the crotch, then he'll be up for it, believe me."

"Oh my god, Addison I cannot believe you just said that. My mother is there with you for God's sake."

"Don't worry they can't hear me, they're still chatting with each other," Addison assures her.

"Still, don't say things like that," She says then hears the shower turn off. "He's getting out of the shower. I've got to go."

"Have fun tonight."

"Addison! Shit, you made me forget what I was supposed to tell you. We're flying in to New York tomorrow evening sometime we think and then seeing if we can hop a flight home," Michelle tells her. "I'll have to call you from the airport in New York and let you know what we find."

I exit the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist and find Michelle still on the phone seated on the bed.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were in here. Where did you put the pajama's we bought?" I ask.

"I think we put the bag in your duffel so we didn't accidentally leave them in the cab," She tells me blushing slightly.

I step over to the duffel and rummage through it.

"Never knew this thing was a black hole when I bought it," I comment.

"They probably shifted to the bottom," Michelle tells me as I continue to look.

"Of course they did. Still talking to Addison? Tell her I said hey."

"Kenny says Hey."

"Is he standing there in just a towel right now?"

"Kind of kneeling at the moment," Michelle tells her as she watches the muscles of my back while I rummage through the bag.

"Even better."

"It's nice," She whispers.

"I'll be he looks great like that. His muscles, all wet and glistening... mmm."

"Mmm hmm..." She answers not really thinking at the moment as she watches droplets of water making their way down my back. "Very nice," She comments louder than she wants to.

"What was that?" I ask thinking she said something to me. She flushes crimson, looks away and points to the phone.

"Nice that you are all fine Addison," she says trying to cover her slip up but it sounds so stilted that Addison cracks up laughing.

"You got busted!" She says in a singsong voice. "You are so gonna jump him tonight."

"I could so kill you right now," she whispers into the phone.

I finally find the bag from the airport and hold them up.

"Got'em. Hey are you all right, you face is really flushed?" I ask.

"Really? Uh... I might be allergic to something in this robe," She states while her friend laughs at her on the phone.

"You should probably take it off if it's turning you that red," I tell her.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?"

"I'd love it but it'd be rude of me to mention that right?" I ask with a smile.

"Depends on how much blood loss you've had at the time mister. Don't think I forgot what all you said in the Aid Station."

"I told you to leave after that things are a little dark," I confess.

"I'll just bet that it is. Now go shave before someone mistakes you for a werewolf or something."

"Owwwwlllll... be right out," I joke before I head into the bathroom.

"You guys are too cute!" Addison states.

"Don't think I forgot that I have to kill you when I get home Addison."

"Nah, you love me too much," Addison says with a giggle. "Hey, we could fly the plane up to New York and pick you guys up there if you wanted? Spend a few days in the Big Apple shopping, what do you say?"

"I dunno we'll probably be pretty tired."

"I'll bet that you will."

"From jet lag Addison, not from... you know..."

"Sex. Hot foreign country sex with your werewolf man," Addison says.

"He's gone to shave so he won't look like a werewolf much longer. Beside it's not any hotter if you do it in a foreign country," Michelle argues.

"You just didn't have the right guy before. Trust me, I know guys like Justin and they are all about themselves," Addison teases her.

"You don't have to tell me that."

"Besides you've wanted this to happen between you and Kenneth for how long now?"

"We've only ever been friends Addison, why would you think that I wanted something to happen?"

"Because I know you sweetie and I know that you have strong feelings for him. Stronger than just friendship. You ran from it once, don't run now you've been given a second chance."

"The Australia thing was a great opportunity for me."

"I know that, he told me the same thing after you left but so is tonight. Take advantage of it like you took advantage of that."

"I'm not sure that I can. There are consequences now if it happens here like this," She tells her.

"Like usual, you're over thinking things Michelle. Think of it as a thank you for saving me from the bad people."

"I can't do casual sex Addison."

"You just told me that you and Justin..."

"I know I did just don't remind me okay? It was a bad time for me. I can't just do casual sex with Kenny. I'll want something more just like I wanted before and this time... this time he might be the one to tell me we're a mistake."

"Michelle does that honestly sound like what will happen? Seriously, the guy flies halfway around the world to find you, gets shot in the process and doesn't just say "That's enough for me" he keeps going until he's got you. Does that sound like a guy that's going to tell you that the two of you sleeping together is going to be a mistake?"

"Maybe, maybe not. He and I have a lot of things that we have to talk through before I can be sure. Addison, I have to be sure this time because I can't take it if I screw this up with him again."

"Okay, okay, I know when to back off. I was only teasing you a little anyway. And in all seriousness, I love you and I'm so glad you're safe. Michelle if you don't mind a little advice, talk to him tonight while this all still fresh in your mind and see what happens. I wish you the best." Addison says.

"I love you too, even if you tease me. Kenny and I will talk and see what comes from that, I promise."

"I tease because I love. Oh and for god's sake call Lissa. She's been worried sick about you and ringing my phone off the hook since all this started."

"I'll do that right now."

"All right and hurry home please. If I rack up any more cell phone charges Dad will have to buy the cell phone company just to pay the bill."

Michelle laughs. "Love you sweetie."