The Rescue Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Love you too. Call Lissa."

"Yes ma'am."

Michelle hangs up the phone and grabs the pajamas we bought her from the bag. Her eyes dart to the closed bathroom door as she contemplates how long she has to get into them before I'm finished.

"I wonder how red he'd get if he caught me naked?" She thinks then shakes that thought from her head.

"You can't let Addison get to you," She tells herself but even as she does her hands undo the robe allowing it to fall.

Exposed, she stands there for a moment staring at the closed door wondering what would happen between the two of them if he opened it right now and saw her. Would he apologize and close it quickly or would he come to her, throw her on the bed and make love to her like she's been imagining that he would?

"Damn it Michelle, get your head together," She nearly curses aloud as she quickly grabs the pajamas tugging them on.

Part of her breathes a sigh a relief once she's clothed but another part of her wishes she would have found out the answer to her question.

"Bingo!' Jay yells out to his compatriots in the basement office of Agent Paul Trent.

"I take it that you have something?" Trent asks half annoyed at the outburst.

"She called home just like I told you she would," he states turning his laptop around so Trent can see it.

"You know that means jack all to me don't you?" Trent asks.

Jay just grins a little wider before Micah steps in to explain.

"We know that she's called home once already, probably from the airport in Morocco where we just missed them. She was using a phony charge card that Grayson had made a few years ago. This time she called her friend Addison Voss meaning we now know exactly where they're staying."

"Tapping her cell paid off. I crosschecked the names we got from the flight into Italy to the people staying at that hotel and we got a hit. They're checking out tomorrow, probably to the flight to New York since it's the first one back to the states," Jay states.

"Good work. I guess you'll want us in the air tonight?" Micah asks Trent.

"Yes but it looks like we'll have to fly into southern Italy. Everything in the area they're in is closed down due to the storm."

"Sir, you said We?"

Trent nods. "He's being a pain in my ass, one that I want to see dealt with personally."

"Your call sir. Let's get going before they close up everything," Micah states.

Trent and the team all get up and head out to the airport to charter a flight into Italy.

After getting my pajama pants on and my shave out of the way I go back into the bedroom finding Michelle now clad in her pajama's but still on the phone.

"I'm decent if you want to take a look at the stitching now," I tell her.

"Sure, someone wants to talk to you first though," She tells me.

I take the phone from her and take a seat on the bed beside her. "Hello?"

"You asshole," Scott says hearing my voice. "I can't believe you went there without any backup."

"Nice to hear your voice too Scottie. Thanks for wondering how I'm doing."

"Michelle filled us in on exactly how you're doing. Getting shot yet again huh?"

"Just a flesh wound." I tell him.

"It is not Scott!" She calls out so he can hear her then she presses the speaker button so they can hear her too. "I should know, I'm the one that had to sew him back together."

"Jesus Michelle, I can't believe you had to do something like that," Lissa says and I realize they're on speaker as well.

"It was all I could do to keep my hands from shaking. I thought he was going to die on me."

"I know the feeling all too well," Lissa says recalling seeing Scott lying in a pool of his own blood just a summer ago.

"Ladies Ken and I aren't planning to check out on life anytime soon are we?" Scott says.

"No we are not. Too damn stubborn to die."

"More like Heaven doesn't want us and Hell's afraid we'll take over."

"Oh good lord Michelle are you hearing this macho bullshit?" Lissa asks.

"Yes and I'm about poke Kenny here in his bullet wound so you guys can hear him scream like a five year old girl."

"I would not scream like a five year old girl. More like a seven year old probably," I tell her.

I can hear Lissa and Scott laughing as Michelle just shakes her head.

"You are too cute sometimes," She says to me.

"Uh oh, watch out for him then Michelle. That's when he's the most dangerous," Scott says.

"The only thing in danger from me is the burger we ordered, if it ever gets here."

"You're in Italy and you ordered a burger from room service?" Lissa asks.

"My fault Lis, I'm craving anything American right now," Michelle says.

"I get that. You've been gone nearly a year and I've missed you like crazy."

"I've missed you too sweetie."

"See how high we rank in their friend zone Grayson?" Scott asks.

"I missed you too Scott," Michelle says. "And Kenny knows I kind of missed him too."

"Only kind of?" I ask.

"What do you want from me? I was swimming and working with Great Whites like I'd always wanted too. Do you think I had time to spare you a thought?" She asks and I can tell that she's teasing me.

"I suppose not. I mean it's not like I spared you a thought either."

"You are such a liar. You still wear the shark tooth I gave you which means you thought about me every day."

"Michelle be nice to the man that saved your life!" Lissa scolds.

"Yeah Michelle," I say chuckling.

"Lissa, don't encourage him. Besides he knows I'm just playing with him."

"Okay, just as long as you both play nice until you get home. When will that be anyway? Scott and I want to be there."

"We're getting a flight into New York tomorrow night that much I know," I say then look to Michelle.

"And the Voss's are sending their jet to meet us there so I think we should be back in Myrtle sometime late tomorrow. Probably very late so I don't want you guys to have to fly home and then wait at the airport half the night for us," Michelle tells them.

"We don't mind Michelle, you know that," Scott says.

"Of course we don't mind. If I'd had my way we'd have been in Africa the moment I heard about what had happened trying to find you," Lissa tells her.

"I know you would sweetie and I truly appreciate it but I'm glad you guys were able to refrain from coming because if you came and something happened to any of you, I'd never forgive myself. Kenny comes and gets shot now I've got to wash his car for three months once we're back," She looks at me with a grin when she makes that last comment.

"Make her do it in one of Addison's bikinis!" Scott calls out.

A picture instantly forms in my head and I can't work my brain to even attempt a response.

Michelle looks at me and laughs however. "I think you might have broke him Scott."

"Ow, Lis!" Scott says.

"I hit him for you Michelle."

"Thanks Lis. Scott, at least wait until he gets me home before you break him. He's even drooling and I'll have to clean that up."

"Sorry Michelle, I was just trying to get him an incentive for when he gets you home is all."

"I wasn't drooling, I just forgot how to swallow there for a second. I'm good now and Michelle knows that I don't expect anything from her once I get her home. Her safety is incentive enough for me," I tell them.

"Not for me. I expect lots of hugging when I see you," Lissa says.

Michelle laughs. "I'll rest my arms until I'm home then."

"You do that. Michelle, I love you. Please get home safe. My heart can't take another few days like these past ones," Lissa says.

"Love you too Lis and we'll be safe. I promise. See you at home," Michelle says then hangs up.

"It's nice to have people that care for you." I tell her.

"And you too. I like how Scott was looking out for you with the Addison bikini thing."

"He was just joking Michelle."

"Maybe so but you can't tell me that you wouldn't like seeing these in those skimpy suits Addison wears," She says arching her back so her full breasts display themselves and stretching the purple tank top to it's limit.

A sound comes from my throat, kind of a half choke half groan as I can't help but stare at the wonderful sight before me.

She giggles. "Great now I broke you."

I nod unable to speak wondering to myself if this is what an aneurysm feels like. She smiles at her effect on me then lets her eyes drift downward. Her gaze pauses as it falls on the shark tooth that she gave me and she reaches out touching it.

"Okay, no bikini car washes since your brain shuts down just thinking about it but I do plan on catching up on our movie nights and cooking about twenty meals for you."

"Twenty huh? Is that the going rate for saving a life these days?" I ask now able to form a coherent sentence.

"I just threw that number out there. You tell me how many you want and I'll cook them for you."

"I like cooking too and you don't have to do anything for me. I saved you and you saved me, so we're even or at least I consider us even."

She nods at that for a moment then smiles. "If you say so Kenny. It's not like I'm going to force you to eat my cooking."

"It's not like that."

"It's not? Sure does sound that way to me."

"Now, don't take offense to something I didn't say."

"You said no to free meals did you not?"

"I did but your cooking isn't why."

"Then what is? Has my personality changed so much that you don't want to hang out with me after this? Or is it that you have someone special in your life now and I'd be getting in the way?"

"It's neither of those things. It's just that... well I don't want to impose on you when you get home. You've got a life to get back into and I don't want to come around and be a constant reminder of all of this."

She ponders that for a moment as she has me sit on the bed so she can examine my wound. "I'm at one of the nicest hotels I've ever been in, I'm in Italy, a place I've always wanted to visit, I saw Casablanca and most importantly I'm safe. I have no problem with you coming around and reminding me of this."

"You know what I'm talking about."

"We survived it right? I may have a couple of bad nights from the memories of the aid station but I want you to be a part of my life once we get home."

"I'd honestly like to be part of your pajamas right now if I'm honest." I tell her with a chuckle.

"Way to cheapen the moment Kenny. You're still impossible you know that?" She asks as she turns on a nearby lamp bathing the bed in more light so she can see clearly.

"Says the lady who shoved her beautiful breasts out at me a moment ago."

"I was just... beautiful huh?"

"Yes all of you is beautiful but please don't give me another opportunity to open my mouth or I'll really say something regrettable."

"There is a way to control that you know?"

"Kissing you comes to mind but I've already seen how that movie ends," I tell her as her fingers delicately pry the bandage on the front loose before letting it fall to the floor.

She pauses briefly when I mention kissing her.

"Sequels change things all the time," She says under her breath. "How's your shoulder feel?"

"It's a little sore right now but I think that's because I moved it around a bit while taking my shower," I answer.

"You knew that wasn't a good idea at the time didn't you?"

"Yeah well, I wasn't about to ask you for a sponge bath or anything. I might not be as tough as I once was but I'm not going to stoop to that."

"I don't know about that, from what I hear there's still a tough guy inside of here. How's your jaw by the way?"

"My jaw?" I ask confused.

"Addison told me that it got in the way of Justin's fist before you came out to find me."

"Oh that."

"Yeah that. Why didn't you say anything Ken?"

"The guys you're boyfriend Michelle what was I supposed to say? Hey, glad you're safe and all, by the way your boyfriend's an asshole who punched me in the face just so you know. I'll just lay here and bleed out now, thank you very much," I pause realizing my tirade came out a bit too harsh. "Sorry I'm still tired. I shouldn't have called him an asshole."

"No what you should have done was knock his damn head off."

"What?" I ask.

"I need to set something straight with you right now, Justin was never my boyfriend he was... well he was... I don't know what I want to call him."

"Asshole?" I suggest only half jokingly.

She nods. "It fits but let's just say that he's someone that we don't have to worry about again and leave it at that."

"Addison take care of that for you?"

"More like she and Alex took care of it for me. She told me that Justin was still acting like a jackass when they got back to the estate and Alex clocked him one for you."

"And he always tells me that he's a lover and not a fighter."

She giggles at that. "Funny you should say that. Addison told me that the two of them hooked up during all this."

"Really? I want to say about time and how could they at the same time. That's weird right?" I ask.

"Unless I'm weird too because I thought the same thing when she told me but then I'm glad she had him to help her through this," She tells me.

I nod. "Yeah, I get that. Alex has had a thing for her for a long time and if it took this to get them to finally come together, why not?"

"Exactly. So why'd you do it? Let Justin hit you, I mean."

"To be honest with you, I was going to hit him first but Mr. Voss grabbed me because he could tell I was about to. Justin took his shot, I had a plane to catch so I left," I tell her and pause.

I look at her and can tell she's waiting for the rest of it so I tell her.

"He left you there. He left you alone with those guys and then basically blamed you for not getting on the truck. I knew what kind of people were in those militia groups and I knew what could have been done to you by them. I grabbed him, I shouldn't have but I did I was just so pissed, Mr. Voss grabbed me before I could, how'd you put it? Knock his damn head off?" She nods. "Too strong?"

I chuckle. "It was just right if you ask me. Anyway, he took his shot however and don't you dare apologize for that. I had it coming for a lot of reasons."

"Okay I won't apologize but I think that you have this coming as well," She answers then leans up and plants a soft kiss on my lips. It happens so quick that before I can respond, she's already pulling back.

"Thank you," She whispers before going back to her examination. "Addison said that they could fly up to New York and meet us there if we wanted. I told her we'd talk about it and let her know tomorrow. I hope that's all right?" She asks while carefully examining the entrance wound.

"That's probably a good idea because it'll be late when we get there and you don't want to give me that chance to screw up another hotel room rental right?"

"I'm not so sure that you screwed up this one. You've done nothing but share my bed since you found me," She teases.

"I'd apologize for that but since I was unconscious for those nights I don't think I should be accountable for them."

"Maybe not but I'll be keeping my eye on you if I'm able to keep my eyes open for long that is."

"You think this is bad, wait until the jet lag hits once we get home."

She can't help but grin at the mention of jet lag when she flashes back to her conversation with Addison. Her delicate fingers slide gently over the sutures she herself stitched just a few days ago again giving them a very critical eye. I take notice of it.

"The doctor said you did a fine job," I assure her.

"You'll forgive me if I don't take your word on that. The doctor could have asked what kind of butcher fixed your wound and you wouldn't tell me," She points out.

I take hold of her hand and pull her face up so I can look into her eyes. "You told me when we met that I shouldn't lie to you; I haven't forgotten that so I'm not lying. The doctor said you did a great job and I say you did a great job. Take the compliment exactly as intended Michelle." The way she's looking into my eyes, I find the urge to kiss her just like she kissed me a moment ago but I stop myself fearing that I'll over step some boundary, real or imagined.

"Hell, I'll barely have a scar to add to my collection," I tell her as I look away from her.

This causes her to take a look at the rest my chest and torso where she finds the beginning of my scar collection. Deftly her hand traces a couple of wounds that sit low near the ribs on my left side.

"I never saw these up close before. What are these from?" She asks looking them over.

"Another AK-47, same as my shoulder. Three more and I get a cool t-shirt," I joke.

"Not funny Kenny. These look different than your new one."

"I didn't have anyone near as skilled as you there to do the stitching," She smiles at attempt to assuage her feelings of inadequacy even though I don't think for a second that she believes me.

"These I remember quite well unfortunately," She says as she comes to the two consecutive scars that run about four inches parallel to each other that I got when I was working security at the Voss's.

Her two fingers trace the scars lightly causing me to tighten my grip on the sheets so I don't groan out loud as her feathery touch electrifies me.

"Chloe did good work, you can barely notice them. What about these here?" She asks, her fingers outlining three consecutive knife swipes hiding in my chest hair.

"That was from a bar fight that turned into knife fight but this is all Alex's fault; he's the one that picked the fight."

"You just ended up on the pointy end of it, is that it?" she says.

"I was trying to break up the fight and next thing I knew," I wave my finger in air like it's a knife making slashing motions. "Luckily for me the guy was drunk otherwise it would have been a lot worse."

"I'm not sure I'd call these lucky," she says before moving back up to my current wound, gently pressing it. "Does this hurt?"

"It's a little tender," I answer.

She continues to lightly probe around the wound leaning in so close to look that I can feel the heat coming off her skin and the smell of peaches from the body wash she used. My breath catches in my throat as I inhale her scent trying to savor them for as long as possible before she pulls away. Finally satisfied that the wound is okay she takes notice of how close we are to one another and that her hands are resting on my naked skin. Looking up at me, we're practically nose-to-nose. She mumbles an apology then gets to her feet as fast as she can.

"Is it hot in here or something? Do these windows open?"

Without waiting for a response, she opens two of the big windows overlooking the sea. The breeze wafts billowing out the white curtains and her long blonde hair as well. The smell of the sea and the rain mixing together floats in with the breeze.

"There that's better, isn't it?"

"Much better," I just barely answer after finding myself enthralled watching her. "I'm sure the back is good too. No need to check that if you don't want," I mumble not sure I can be trusted to keep the situation platonic if she gets so close to me again.

"No, I should check it. The doctor said to make sure there were no signs of infection."

With that she climbs onto the bed and leans in close. "We were very lucky it went through clean. I don't think I could have pulled a bullet out of you as well as stitch you up."

The light is not as good so she leans even closer, I can feel her warm breath on my cool skin. Goosebumps break out across my flesh and she notices that I stiffen up.

"Did that hurt?"

"No, I felt your breathe and it kind of tickled," I admit.

Her fingers move from the wound to some scaring on my upper back.

"You know, you never did tell why you got out of the Navy. Did it have to do with these?" she asks.

"No some of those are older than my time in the Navy and others are from the glass I flew through at the aquarium that time. I forget which is which at this point. They're mostly cosmetic anyway. It was the scar on my forearm that got me my medical discharge."