All Comments on 'The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 08'

by DaddyIrishman

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Jbro123Jbro123almost 6 years ago

This chapter was better written, technically, not just because it contained sex. Keep up the good work.

It will be interesting to see how you develop the story you have the potential to make quite a different style of shifter story out of it.

2027fred2027fredalmost 6 years ago
Spotted a mistake in this one

Still great though and It was an easy mistake to make but hard to spot you spelt pubic as in pubic bone as public so it became public bone a bone for all made me laugh keep up the great work you have certainly come far from the first chapters not just in spelling but in sentence structure and all the good stuff keep up the great work and keep making it better.

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback

Appreciate the feedback and comments, it’s my first story I’ve ever written in my life so I don’t expect it to be perfect but I’m glad that overall the mistakes seem to be small ones and nothing that is overly distracting from the story itself. Appreciate the compliments as well and glad it seems to be enjoyed for the most part.

As of this morning everything up through chapter 14 has been submitted to Lit and is just waiting to be approved and posted so several more chapters are coming just as soon as the admins get to them. Hope you keep reading and enjoying and making comments :)

- DaddyIrishman

prsstaridprsstaridalmost 6 years ago
Questions for chapter 8

Unlike some of the other commenters, I'm more interested on the story than the sex acts contained within. My question is you didn't mention the reaction to everyone watching when Dante's eyes and Tattoo started to glow. I would think that that would cause quite a stir and freak out some of the Pack. Also why didn't Michael come back for the ceremony. His sister is getting mated and a new pack heir (Dante) is becoming the next Alpha. So far you have not even mentioned that he has been informed. Just a passing comment that he is back east at school.

What is this packs relationships with other packs around them? Are they part of any alliances? What is the average lifespan of Lycian's in your story. Are their elders that could be consulted about Dante's unique qualities? Maybe from other friendly packs?

There has to be a reason for Luna create a silver guardian and send him to meet his destiny. That they don't know what a silver guardian is very reveling so something huge is going to happen and Dante is needed to meet it.

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Response to Questions

Hey Prsstarid,

Great questions and appreciate you voicing them as I’m sure others may be wondering as well, plus I love the comments and feedback!

I will try to answer what I can without giving away any spoilers. What I will say first is nearly all of these are answered in later chapters in the book. The questions on lycan specifics for my world (how long they live, alliances, Pack structure and history, the start of the lycan race etc) are starting to be addressed in chapters 15 and 16 about halfway into the first book. The significance of Dante’s uniqueness and strange happenings is addressed very late in Book 1 as well. That being said I don’t want to issue any spoilers so if you’d like to know before it’s posted feel free to email me (daddyirishman@gmail.com) and I can respond privately to them. There are alliances that come up later as well as investigation into what’s going on with Dante as well. Lycans can live upwards of 350 years or longer in this world and reach Elder status at 150 years.

As for the Packs reaction to Dante and Lily glowing during the ceremony I’ve purposefully ignored and downplayed it since I didn’t want it addressed this early and for the purpose of the plot and story they are aware of it but not addressing it yet. It WILL be addressed though just not at this time.

As for Michael, since Dante and Lily’s mating happened in just two days and basically he didn’t have time to come back from school and wasn’t there because of it but is aware of it. As for his reaction to be “displaced” it is addressed in just the next few chapters, all of which are already submitted and waiting for approval to be published so it will be out soon. Also it isn’t heavily discussed or talked about for a specific reason for the plot but will be addressed adequately very late in the story. He is not being thrown under the bus and forgotten, it’s just not the right time in the plot to handle it yet.

Hope this answers some questions,

- DaddyIrishman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter. I'm with the few others and say I'm more interested in this story and characters then the sex and other shit. This didn't flow with the story, been here since you started and its a top for me so far but I'm sorry if the rest is anywhere close to this then Damn. Ox

prsstaridprsstaridalmost 6 years ago
2nd try to respond to your followup

I really don't want you to spoil the plot for me publicly or privately. I will try and wait patiently for you to proceed at your own pace but I will admit my patience has been worn down after all the kids and grandkids. I just wanted to have you address if you had not already done so my questions after reading this chapter.

You might want to consider posting to a different site due to the editors here having to approve stuff. I don't hold them in high regard due to their censorship of other stories I had been following. I went in to more detail on my first try at this response and surprise, surprise it didn't make it to the public comment section. Email me if you want more detail about it.

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanalmost 6 years agoAuthor
More Chapters

Hey Gang,

Those waiting on new chapters may be waiting awhile. Everything up through Choater 16 has been submitted but it may be a week or longer before Lit approves and posts everything and there is a backlog of 8 chapters to be approved and posted. For those not wanting to wait I have everything up through Chapter 15 posted on my WattPad account.

You can read it here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/150755913-the-silver-guardian-bk-01

Enjoy,

- DaddyIrishman

TexBeethovenTexBeethovenalmost 6 years ago
Exclamation points

I take your point about the exclamation points, Fana197trip, and thank you.

Frankly I'm kind of torn. If the narrator is saying something like, 'it was the best orgasm of her entire life', it kind of cries out for an exclamation point, but if the participants are in the midst of a sexual frenzy (or a battle) that goes on for several paragraphs, I agree that those 'superlative marks' can lose their impact rather quickly.

As an editor (and in this series Daddy Irishman is being kind enough to include my efforts as a collaborator), I try not to follow a set of rules for grammar and punctuation, but rather look to their effect on clarity and drama. So if someone says I'm doing it wrong, I don't mind so much even though they're probably correct, but if they say I'm being incomprehensible or boring, I take that more seriously.

While I have the microphone I need to say that Daddy Irishman is terrific to work with, and the lycan world he's creating for us is an exciting place in which to spend serious amounts of time! (There! Exclamation points! So there!) lol

TexBeethovenTexBeethovenalmost 6 years ago
P.S.

Fana197trip, the use of the word 'genitals' was mine. Since the situation was a group of lycans becoming acquainted with the newly mated pair, I wanted to convey that their exchanges, even though they involved each other's private parts, weren't being done in a sexual way, but more of a casual, 'hi there, nice to meet you' kind of way, such as dogs or wolves would normally do. A polite courtesy, but no big deal. So if it didn't titillate you, I'm content. If on the other hand if it destroyed your mood altogether, then I failed and I beg your pardon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous