The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They dressed and breakfasted and wound up in the kitchen drinking coffee as they began the nonsexual portion of their Sunday morning. Lily spoke up, "Let's do some more shooting today, we have the time, and I can use all the practice I can get. Plus, it's really fun, too!"

Dante agreed and smiled at her enthusiasm, "Sounds good, but first let's take a look at our Cabin in the daylight and see what's been done on its construction."

Lily and Dante walked around the Cabin and saw that the foundation and garage floor, as well as the driveway for the garage, had been poured and the concrete had already cured for several days, and that the garage was partially framed out as well. The construction crew had even dug out and poured the foundation for the extension on the far side of the house for the nursery and workout room as well. Over the next few weeks the garage would be finished along with the two additional rooms, and then the bedroom and bathroom would be broken down and deconstructed before rebuilding it a bit larger and to their unheard-of specifications for interior walls that were necessary for all of the new security features.

They were both excited and approved greatly of the progress already made.

Since they had already dressed with shooting in mind, all they needed to do was go back inside and holster their sidearms and for Lily to shoulder her rifle. Lily, like Dante, wore her Custom Carry at the small of her back in her cross draw holster while Dante again carried her large rifle case and Lily carried an extra box of ammunition.

They located the same ridge they'd used yesterday, realizing it would likely become a well-used spot for Lily's rifle practice whenever they were here. Dante bumped up the target distance this time an extra 100 meters and set Lily to work, drilling her on her shooting, giving her plenty of time to practice everything she'd been taught. Dante spotted for her, and after several hours she had gone through most of the ammunition they'd brought and they were getting hungry. They decided to go back to the Cabin and make an early dinner, since it was getting to be late afternoon.

When they got back they packed up a few more boxes around the Cabin and decided to wait on preparing dinner until they'd fully packed the bedroom and bathroom, leaving out only what was essential for them to use for sleeping that night and getting ready in the morning to go back to the compound. When all that was left was the bedroom and bathroom, they stopped to make dinner and eat.

For their last meal at the Cabin for several weeks, they decided on a treat and made surf and turf with a nice filet mignon and lobster tail with garlic potatoes as a side. They sat down to dinner with the fire burning in the background and sipped on a bottle of red they'd opened. Dinner was gentle and subdued, and they enjoyed it immensely, talking about anything that came to mind. They cleaned up dinner and moved to their favorite spot on the couch in front of the fire and cuddled for a while.

After a while, Dante stood up and went to the bedroom, and when he returned he brought his guitar with him, making Lily smile in anticipation. Dante just softly strummed and hummed a few different tunes for a while as Lily listened and relaxed with him. He'd just been messing around for a while when Lily asked him to sing a few actual songs, since she missed hearing his voice while he had been messing around on the guitar.

Dante thought for a minute before deciding on a song. "I think you'll like this one. We've been pretty busy since the first day we met, and that isn't going to change anytime soon, but we've also shared some special quiet moments where we could just sit together and mellow out. This song is about those mellow times; it's called 'Nowhere Fast' and was played by a band called Old Dominion."

Lily smiled when he finished, "I really liked that one, I could see it in my mind and felt like you took me there in the song, like we were teenagers together. I'm definitely going to want you to sing that for me again sometime.

"I can't get past how well you play and how much I love hearing your voice. I love it when you sing to me my love, thank you. Can you do another one baby?"

Dante smiled at her, unable to deny her anything she asked for. "Sure babe, any requests?"

Lily was thoughtful for a moment, "How about a song from your past? Something that means something to you but isn't about us?"

Dante paused, thinking about it. After a couple minutes of silence, he decided on a song. "I listened to this song quite a few times on a military tour in some hellhole. I'd wake up in the morning, put in my earbuds and start my day with this. I would listen to it anytime things were getting rough, and I felt like letting go. It's called 'Fine Again' by Seether. I like the music, but it was always the lyrics that spoke the loudest to me."

He started on the opening chords before he began singing.

... It seems like every day's the same
And I'm left to discover on my own
It seems like everything is gray
And there's no color to behold
They say it's over and I'm fine again, yeah
Try to stay sober feels like I'm dying here...

Lily spoke softly once he was done, "I can't imagine what it was like half a world away fighting in a war like that. It must have been horrible. The pain you carried then, and had always dealt with, being alone even when you were in those awful places, breaks my heart. I'm so glad I found you and can be here to love you and give you the family you need and deserve. I love you baby, always and forever!"

Dante let her finish talking and set his guitar aside. "It wasn't always bad, but yes, I never had a place where I fit in, so I got used to being alone. It wasn't very pleasant, but I'm a warrior, and this is what I do. and I'll still do if I'm ever called on again.

"The difference is that like yesterday, now I'll be fighting for you, for our family and our Pack if ever I'm called to battle again. I won't be alone either this time, I will always carry you with me in my heart and soul, and and even if unavoidable duty separates us for a period, I won't ever be alone again."

Lily straddled his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck, looking deep into his silver eyes. "And I will be there every time you return to soothe your pain, to comfort you and tend your wounds. I will be your sheath that protects you and holds the violence at bay, while I give you my undying love and show you why you do what you do, and why you fight.

"I will wash the blood from your hands and replace it with the warmth of my body and with my love for you. I will always love and soothe and protect you. Just promise that no matter what happens, you will come back to me always, that you will return and whenever circumstances allow, you will allow me to fight by your side and protect my mate."

Dante pulled Lily close to him and kissed her before responding simply but deeply with his own promise, "I will my mate, my love. My Lily."

A short while later they retired to bed, with Lily in her normal spot, and they fell asleep holding each other.

***

12