The Silver Guardian Bk. 02 Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Astrid stepped forward and shook Theron's hand.

"My name is Astrid and my companions are Brynhild, Freyish and Hilde. We are Dante and Lily's personal guards and are known as the Hellhounds. We are with our Alphas at all times and are pleased to meet you."

Theron and the rest of the wolves got a puzzled look on their faces at the mention of Lily and Dante being Alphas as they had only known them to be the Alpha Heirs of the O'Connor Pack. He spoke hesitantly to Dante and Lily.

"What does she mean by Alphas, Dante? Last we knew you and your mate were the Alpha Heirs of the O'Connor Pack. I'm not following and this is concerning to me, what has changed?"

Lily addressed Theron's question herself. "Much has changed in a very short period of time, I promise nothing untoward has happened or is intended and we will be happy to explain what we mean. We would prefer to wait and explain the situation to your Alphas and Pack at one time, is that acceptable?"

Lily held herself and spoke with grace and authority, portraying herself as every bit the Madame Alpha and Queen she had so recently become.

Theron composed himself not expecting Lily's power and imposing nature before he responded.

"I understand Madame Alpha and that is acceptable. If you and Dante and your retinue would follow me we will escort you to our compound. It is around a 45 minute drive as we live in a rather remote location for Pack security."

Everyone loaded up into the trucks and started the truck to the compound. Light conversation and introductions taking place between everyone during the drive in

A little while later they pulled up the the gates of the compound and were let in. Similar to the O'Connor Pack and the other Packs they had visited there was a general layout that everyone recognized. Some sort of wall or barrier surrounding the compound with houses and buildings inside along with the Manor House. In this case everything was done in log cabins and the Manor House itself resembled a grand hunting lodge with two stories and a large spread to House all of the Pack's and Alpha's needs.

Standing in front of the Manor House were a group of wolves, and Dante had a sense of deja vú of driving up to the Manor House at the O'Connor Pack just after meeting Lily and finding out who he was and being Lily's mate. In the middle was a large man with long black hair and Native American coloring and features. Dante estimated him to stand around 6'3" and roughly 250lbs and knew this was the Alpha of the Kootenai Pack. Next to him was his mate and Madame Alpha, a tall and slender woman with long black hair and also had Native American coloring and features, she was quite beautiful and elegant.

Dante and Lily disembarked the truck as did Astrid and the Hellhounds and approached the Alphas. Astrid and her team flanked Lily and Dante on each side a half step back. The large man stepped forward and offered his hand to Dante as the woman did the same for Lily.

"Welcome to the Kootenai Pack Dante and Lily. I am Dakota Wolfthorn, Alpha of my Pack, and this is my mate and Madame Alpha Aponi Wolfthorn. We get few visitors in our remote Pack and have looked forward to your visit since you contacted us. Please be at peace and at home here, you all are very much welcome and we look forward to what you have to say."

Dante and Lily shook both of their hands before Dante responded.

"Thank you Alpha Dakota, it is a pleasure to meet both you and your lovely mate Aponi. Lily and I appreciate your hospitality and welcome. I apologize for having to change your expected guest list at the last minute but it was unavoidable as significant revelations and changes came to light yesterday."

Aponi responded graciously, "We understand Alpha Dante, unexpected things happen and they are just that, unexpected. It was no imposition on us and everything worked out fine. Would you be able to tell us what you have learned and what has come to light as well as who your companions are?"

Dante smiled warmly at the elegant Madame Alpha. "Yes of course Madame Alpha Aponi, may I suggest that we retire to a place where we can all talk as it is quite a lot of information to cover and I suspect will be quite shocking and surprising to you both and your Pack. If you wish your Pack is welcome to join and hear if you would like as this will affect all of you equally."

Dakota agreed and led everyone into a large great room inside of the Manor House where there were couches and seating enough for everyone present which included a large part of the Kootenai Pack.

Lily started the discussion and quickly ran through the birth and history of the Lycan race that Luna started and blessed them with so she could lead them to the prophesy. While a very few may be familiar with it, through their own experience they also knew that most would likely have never have heard it before. It took some time but eventually Lily finished with what she jokingly thought of as her and Dante's "backstory".

Most of the Pack including Dakota and Aponi were wide eyed and even had some disbelief, but their trust and belief in Luna was absolute and therefore tried to accept what they were hearing and assimilate it as quickly as possible. Dante picked up where Lily had left off.

"In me comes the re-emergence of the original bloodline of the First Champion and the birth of the Silver Guardian with Lily as the rebirth of her own line and my Great Love that was prophesied so long ago. I have even journeyed on my own spirit walk and spoken with the First Champion on our ancestral plain in Luna's domain."

At the mention of this all eyes bugged out and snapped to him including Astrid's and the rest of the Hellhounds as no one but Dante and Lily had known this.

"This has far reaching affects on all of our race and comes with more news that has not been heard since the destruction of the Royal Bloodline nearly a millennia ago. My companions are Astrid, Brynhild, Freyish, and Hilde. They are our personal guard and know as the Hellhounds. I am Alpha King of the Royal Pack, the Order of Fenrir, and my love Lily is Madame Alpha Queen of the same Pack. Our Hellhounds are our Pack as are the rest that are in wait of our return to our seat of power in Germany. Once this war that is coming is finished we will return to our ancient home land and fulfill the remaining pieces of the prophesy and cleanse and unite our race, as it hasn't been before in close to 1000 years. Our Pack had been thought lost to time, but in fact had been hidden and rebuilding awaiting the time when Lily and I were born and returned to them and our race. That time is now and the pieces are already moving and just starting to fall into place. The O'Connor Pack will always be our first Pack but while we will always have close ties and love for them, we are no longer part of their Pack and lead our own now. We will defend and protect them to our dying breath however and during this time until we leave for Germany, will be residing with them."

When Dante finished talking there was silence throughout the room. No one knew what to say and all were having a hard time digesting everything they had been told. Their entire world had been turned upside down and now they were told that the people in front of them were not only the fabled beings of the lost prophesy but also the claimed King and Queen of the lycan race. It would be hard for anyone to accept but they knew that if it was true, that it was Luna's will and that a drastic change had been needed for their fractured race for as long as any of them could remember.

Alpha Dakota finally broke the silence. "That is a great and fabulous tale, it is difficult for us all to accept but we believe in and trust Luna and accept her judgment. It is still a lot to take in and very difficult to believe. I mean no disrespect but it would make it easier on us if there was some way you could prove this to us or show us the truth of your words, is that possible?"

Dante and Lily looked at each other and smiled before looking at Dakota and Aponi and nodding acceptance.

"We'd be happy to. We can start with a simple demonstration and then we can show you the proof of our words. Is there a large area that we can spar in? And I would ask that 10 of your strongest warriors join me for a duel."

As was becoming common for this meeting Dakota was shocked at the request for Dante to duel his 10 best warriors at one time, but if Dante's claims were true he could understand it.

"Yes there is. Let's head over to the training grounds and we can start the exhibition."

***

Dante was shirtless and blindfolded in a ring of the Kootenai Pack's 10 most gifted warriors. Dante had made it clear that he would fight blind and only rely on his sense and Lily's guidance via the bond to him. The whole Pack was gathered and Lily was surrounded by her Hellhounds as was becoming normal for her.

Astrid was a bit concerned as no wolf would be able to engage in this and come out unscathed. Lily smirked and tried to put her and the other Hellhounds fears to rest.

"This is nothing new for Dante and you will be amazed at what you are about to witness. He is a warrior the likes of which have never walked our land and by this point it is truly child's play to him. Nothing to worry about so just relax and enjoy the show."

Dakota stepped up and spoke to Dante and the assembled Pack.

"This will be an unarmed exhibition and duel. Dante will remain blindfolded as he engages our Lead Beta Theron and our 9 most gifted warriors. There is no time limit but serious injury is forbidden, this is after all just an exhibition."

At that Dakota yelled begin to start the duel. Theron rushed Dante from behind and was about to deliver a powerful blow to Dante's head when Dante suddenly just disappeared. Theron suddenly gasped and grunted as he was lifted off his feet by a crushing blow that Dante delivered to his solar plexus and thrown across the room. Dante had moved so fast as to appear to be gone, shocking all but Lily. The rest of the warriors had hesitated seeing Theron be taken out instantly. That hesitation only lasted a moment however and they all rushed him at the same time. Dante moved like a ghost between them all delivering trauma and crushing blows as he moved through them like a specter. No one but Lily had ever witnessed anything like it before and within 30 seconds all of the warriors were either unconscious or incapacitated. Dante ended exactly where he began in a low crouch before he stood and removed his blindfold.

Dakota slowly approached Dante absolutely shocked at what he had just witnessed.

"I have never witnessed such speed or brutality and grace before. That was truly a sight to behold and I still cannot believe what I just saw. I pray we never see you come upon us as our enemy for we will have no chance to hold onto our lives."

Dante grinned before relaxing and shaking Dakota's hand.

"There is no chance of that. We came here to build alliances and find allies in our war against Viktor and his forces. We will be fighting with you and for you so that we remove this black cloud that has fallen over our land and people in North America."

Dante paused before looking at Lily and nodding. Lily walked over to him preparing for the second part of the exhibition. Dante turned back to Dakota.

"We have one more exhibition we'd like to share with everyone. Lily and I will spar with each other, but I must warn you and everyone else to remain out of the ring and until we are calmed and done to have no one approach us for their life will be taken if they do. That is not a threat but rather an unavoidable consequence and one you will understand once you see what you are about to witness."

Dakota and the rest of the Pack including the Hellhounds nodded solemnly. Everyone stepped back and braved themselves for the next part.

Lily grinned at Dante excited to spar with him since they both loved it so much.

Lily addressed everyone right before they began. "We will not be sparring for long but this will be armed combat. Please be careful to abide by what we asked."

Dante and Lily squared off against each other. Dante closed his eyes and took a deep breath holding it before he let it out. Steam left his mouth as his mouth, eyes and chest began to glow a brilliant blue-white. He had entered his War God state and was ready. Electricity was arcing across his skin and body, he took a step forward as lightening flew between his foot and the ground, the crackling filling the air and raising the hair on everyone around. He crouched down and quickly drew his blade sending a wave of lightening hurtling at Lily. Lily's eyes and hands flowed a brilliant emerald green as she channeled her power and gifts from Luna into her. The lightening struck her crossed daggers and she flung her arms out scattering the lightening away from her before she rushed forward like a bullet to engage her mate. Dante and Lily began slicing through the air at each other twirling and dancing around so fast that everyone struggled to track their actions with their eyes as sparks and lightening showers around them. Lily did a backflip catching Dante's chin with her boot sending him back before he spun low and launched himself at her temporarily pinning her to the ground underneath him. Lily twisted and snaked her way away before they regained their feet and engaged in their dance of destruction once more. After several minutes Lily disengaged and called out to her mate.

"Enough Dante, it's time to end."

Dante froze mid-step before he straightened up and slammed his hands together pulling them apart as a massive bolt of lightening ran between his hands popping and sizzling in everyone's ears. He shouted out a roar that shook everyone assembled to their core and slammed his hands back together and let out a cleansing breath before the glow enveloping him started to lessen. Lily walked up to him without fear and kissed him lovingly and she slowly and gently ran her hands and fingertips along his face and neck and chest, calming him and bringing him back to reality. Shortly he had calmed and was brought back to normal by his Queen and love.

Dante and Lily turned to the assembly and saw that everyone was ashen and their jaws were hanging on the ground. Lily let out a little giggle as Dante chuckled softly to himself. Astrid and the Hellhounds were the first to compose themselves and quickly walked up to them and surrounded them at a respectable distance again. Eventually Aponi and Dakota step forward and approached them before they both kneeled in front of them.

Dakota spoke reverently. "Thank you for indulging us and showing us the truth. There can be no doubt, you are the Silver Guardian and your mate is your Great Love. You are our race's King and Queen and we swear allegiance to your cause and will fight with you in this war. You can count on the Kootenai Pack and we will join the council you have setup and all work together to end this dark pall that has befallen our people here in North America and wipe out Viktor and his allies. Thank you our King and Queen, and may Luna and us all celebrate your return and rebirth of our ancient bloodline!"

Dakota and Aponi rose as did the rest of the Pack that had followed suit. Astrid stepped forward and spoke reverently as well.

"From here forward let it be known that our Alpha King and Madame Alpha Queen have returned to our people. They will be known as the Silver King and her, the Emerald Queen. May Luna bless them and guide them in uniting our race and cleansing the darkness and disease that have infected our people."

Dante rubbed the back of his neck a bit sheepishly as Lily tried not to fidget before he spoke.

"Thank you and we are honored and blessed. We know this is what Luna intended and fated for us but we both come from simple and humble beginnings and never intended for any of this. It's going to take some getting used to being royalty and the leaders of our entire race. In truth only a very few know this and for the moment we are King and Queen to only a very few. In time we know we must and will become that for our entire race but for now we will try our best. In private we are just Dante and Lily, so when possible please treat us as such. In public and formal occasions we do understand however and thank you for the respect and honor."

Astrid and the other Hellhounds beamed in pride at the Alpha King and Queen. Lily broke the silence.

"There is still a lot to discuss and bring you up to speed on Alpha Dakota and Madame Alpha Aponi. Can we speak privately and finish what needs to be done, there is still a lot to cover."

Aponi and Dakota relaxed and smiled warmly at them before she responded.

"Yes of course, let's head to our office and we will have some food delivered. Once we are done we will have dinner and then everyone can retire for the evening before leave tomorrow morning. We wish you luck on your next stop and look forward to the next allies' council meeting."

With that the Pack dispersed and the Alphas and Hellhounds headed back to the Manor House and their office. Several more hours were spent going over logistics as well as tasks and plans to prepare for the upcoming war as well as increased vigilance and training of their own Pack to prepare for the conflict. Plans were made and agreed to as well as understanding of the support and leadership that Dante and Lily and the Order of Fenrir Pack and their allies would be providing, both in logistics, manpower and finances. Everyone was coming together and pitching in to prepare for what was to come.

***

Dante and Lily were seated back on the Learjet with Astrid, Brynhild, Hilde and Freyish. They were en route to Wyoming and their next stop and we're relaxing before going through the whole process again. They knew their visit to the Thunder Basin Pack would likely be similar to their time with the Kootenai Pack.

Astrid has something on her mind she wanted to share and caught Dante and Lily's attention.

"Dante, Lily, I know you both said that until we witnessed it we wouldn't understand just what it meant to be the Silver Guardian and his Great Love and once we did we would understand. I just want to say that you were absolutely right. Nothing would have prepared us for seeing that and I'm glad we saw it in a controlled setting so that we would not be surprised and distracted if it happened during battle for the first time. None of us could have prepared for that and we feel confident that we can now honor your request and keep our primary focus on protecting Lily and your unborn children. We will still be guarding you both and acting as your blade and shield, but we are at ease with the decision. We are all honored and privileged to be your personal guard and Hellhounds and serve under you as your Pack. Our brothers and sisters in Germany are being kept up to date as time allows and all are anxiously awaiting the return of the Silver King and Emerald Queen. Your Pack is honored and cannot wait to be lead by you upon your return."

Dante and Lily smiled warmly before Lily spoke.

"Thank you Astrid, but it is us that are honored by you all and our Pack. We are looking forward to meeting and leading the rest of our Pack and providing for them, but we know what we must do before that can happen. That is why we are traveling to all of these Packs and doing what we have to do that we can end this war and move onto cleansing and uniting our people. Just remember though, we try to be simple people and in private there is no need to be formal with us, we are just Dante and Lily. That goes to you too Hilde and Freyish and Brynhild. We love and accept our Pack but we are not tyrants and we don't demand all the honorifics and crap when it's just us."