The Sultanah Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
YKN4949
YKN4949
5,885 Followers

I felt the weight of my decision and the flame inside of me was stoked higher. I suddenly felt the true depths of my power and the extent of my destiny. After shoving these two, inconsequential items into the past with other childish things, I could suddenly see the distances ahead of me. I felt no fear, only joy in the tasks ahead and excitement that I could start so soon. The day's business was still far from finished.

* * * * *

It was dusk and Cin, Saygili, Maderşahi and I were walking through the battlefield together. It smelled of blood and shit and we could hear the screams of the wounded. The towns people were out, picking the pockets of the dead and searching for valuables. Some soldiers were with them, but Saygili generally kept discipline intact. I didn't really care, I had more important matters at hand. I ignored the gore and misery and headed towards the living prisoners. There were many. No one alive had escaped. As I walked, Saygili debriefed me on the results of the battle.

"Nearly half the lords of Temsilci were killed in the battle. Not half of the ones present. Half of them total," Saygili explained, "Dusman faired better, a third of those present died. But we have taken over half the total prisoner. There were around 20,000 common prisoners."

"Take me to the nobles," I said coolly. We picked our way through the dead until we came to a circle of horsewomen. They had dismounted but we found them using their horses as a fence. There were almost five hundred noblemen in the circle. They looked exhausted. Angry. The circle of horses parted and my small party crossed through the lines and entered.

We just happened to enter near the spot where King Sican himself sat with his hands above his head. His cool features were coated in blood and he looked near exhaustion. However, he still appeared formidable and I could sense his hate emanating off of him. I already knew that his son had fallen in battle. As he saw me, he rose quickly.

"You deceitful bitch!" he began. I suppose that I could have pointed out his hypocrisy, or note that he was hardly in a place to call names, or simply protest that I deserved greater respect. But I did not have time for that. My realization regarding the nature of my fate had cast the "King" in an entirely new light as well. Besides, there were optics to consider.

"Maderşahi, kill him now," I said.

"Wha..." King Sican began but a sword sliced through his throat instantly and he dropped a corpse on the ground. I didn't even look at him again. He was beneath notice. Although his men noticed. Eyes grew wide and a hushed conversation passed back and forth between the assembled armies. No one killed Kings. Now one killed the most powerful King in the known world. Men looked at me as though I had lost my mind. But everything came naturally to me now, I knew exactly what I was doing.

"That was a rather large ransom you decided to forego," Saygili said with awe, looking at the corpse. He was, of course, correct.

"Some messages are more important than money," I said. Then I spoke louder, so that all of the lords and the horsewomen, my legions, and even the captured common soldiers beyond in the field could hear me more clearly, "The region known as Dusman has been in rebellion from the Empire for centuries. This man, the Outlaw Sican, has claimed to be the 'King.' As he openly professed his treason, there was no need for trial. Bütün Dünya does not recognize underkings and so the outlaw was killed." This point had come home to me so clearly when I had seen Sican arrive a few days before. I could not conceive of why the Empire had ever tacitly offered legitimacy to the descended of raiders and pirates. I decided that I would revoke that legitimacy, as was my right as the only true Empress in the known world. However, there was more than just this. I had other rights to the other men standing and sitting around me.

"Further, I do not have the troops necessary to taken prisoners at this time. To the common soldiers. You have been misled in your treason. By rights, as soldiers, you belong in my legions. Join me now and accept your full pardon and a role ensuring the continued glory of our empire. The legions today are reborn. Your presence in the army will ensure the safety of your families at home," This was for practical, rather than magnanimous reasons. Of course, I truly believe that the common soldiers surrounding me were simply doing what they had been told. And I felt for them in their awkward position. But I would have disposed of them easily if I believed it was in my best interest. As things stood, I had large ambitions and insufficient means to make them a reality. By offering a chance to serve to my enemies, I bound them to me in gratitude and would swell the ranks of my own army.

"To the so-called vassals of the Outlaw Sican. Your treason was as great as his. I cannot trust you. Whatever land you held for him is forfeit and belongs to me. I will appoint governors and maintain ownership on my own terms. These will not be feudal territories. The true Empire is reborn this day. You are lucky that you get to die on such a momentous day. I feel for you no personal animosity. Nonetheless, good bye," And with that, I snapped my fingers. The Anaerkis did not hesitate. The Lords were unarmed but still attempted to run and fight. They were exhausted and overwhelmed, the struggle did not last very long. Hemmed in and panicked again, they died like their king.

I have thought about that moment many times. Wondering often why I was not, as I suspected I would be, haunted by my actions. I ordered the death of the rebel nobles in cold blood. Perhaps it was a crime. I know I lost even more money on ransoms for those men all together than on Sican himself. I honestly could not hold 500 prisoners, not with the plans that I had. But such transactional consideration would be cold comfort for a "moral" woman, for the private woman I once was.

Maybe it all boils down to this: I was the Sultanah, the actions that would be moral for a normal person were no longer moral for me. Sometimes, in defense of a monarchy, in defense of absolute power, personal immorality is a virtue. It had taken me a long time to learn that, it was the final lesson necessary to make me fit not just for my throne, but for re-conquest. And I had taken that lesson to heart and applied it well. Time and time again I was asked to do what I believed was both right for my Empire and wrong for my soul. I always chose duty over self. And I was always, in the long run, successful. If a Sultanah's actions can be judge by results rather than by some arbitrary moral standard, my decision was a success. All 20,000 commons joined the legions

* * * * *

The rest of the campaign developed quickly. Without even waiting for a night's sleep, I quickly organized all of my new troops into legions under trusted subordinates. Saygili remained in overall control. I appointed Loyalist lords to other posts. From this point forward, appointment to official government posts, not the possession of private honors, would be the mark of distinction, as it was in the old days before the Empire began to crumble.

The heads of society in Dusman and Temsilci had been decapitated in the Battle of Şehir. More importantly, my legions moved faster than the news. Within a few days march, we had arrived outside of the capital of Dusman. There were few soldiers guarding the walls (which were not nearly as formidable as Şehir) and none of the important nobles were left to lead them anyway. We assaulted the walls easily, carrying them within an afternoon. All minor lords found were put to the sword. The commons were pressed again into service. Actually, they joined willingly, seeing their mates and knowing there was a chance for plunder in far off lands. They had no loyalty to any false King who became rich on their toil and they would follow whoever led them properly. We left Dusman with more soldiers than we'd arrived with. And we went straight for Temsilci. Again we arrived before the new and captured the capital there as well, even more easily. Again, the legions blossomed.

Finally, news reached Surgun and they sued for peace. I reluctantly agreed, knowing that it would take time to consolidate my gains. I did not recognize Surgun and their 'king' referred to me as 'Sultanah and Empress,' in my letter. I would deal with him later. In the meantime, I took the land for myself and gave the riches to my allies, the Anaerki. In a lightning campaign, the Empire was back, ballooning to several times its size. I felt little elation in the conquests. Instead, I felt a deep, calm satisfaction. I was putting things to right and I could feel the rays of Gunes support shining down on me, approving everything I'd done.

* * * * *

Just a few short months later I was standing in palace, preparing to walk out onto my balcony. Through the curtains, I could hear the people in the streets below, I could sense their excitement. They had come from all over the empire, from the farthest reaches of the old 'kingdoms' of Temsilci and Dusman to show their affection and submission. I was excited as well. After all, I held my first born child in my hands. Ilişki had been born just a few days earlier and she was as beautiful as her mother, who was on her way to a full recovery from a harrowing pregnancy (Nislani was nothing if not dramatic). An heir to the Hanedan dynasty. And today was the day when I would introduce her to her adoring subjects. She was, as Cin predicted, a woman just like me. And one day she would be their Sultanah. And the Sultanah of more lands not yet re-conquered.

Beyond the curtain, I could hear Cin speaking to the crowd, "All rise for Varis, Sultanah of Ülke and first of her name since the founding of the Hanedan dynasty, Emperor of Bütün Dünya, Lord-Mayor of Şehir, Conqueror of Dusman and Temsilci, restorer of Imperial dignity, living representative of Gunes on Earth, Defender of the Faith, and scourge of the Earth!" A smiled crossed my lips as I pushed through the curtains, holding my daughter. I did not smile from joy. That was no longer a public emotion that I was capable of feeling. It was something else, something that would surely terrify my enemies. I smiled because every word of Cin's address was true. And I wasn't nearly done yet.

The End

So that is it. I appreciate everyone who read the story (or will read the story in the future). I hope that it kept your interest through all this time and was more than just a quick porn story (but I also hope it was still hot). I am unlikely to return to Varis' life, or even to Şehir. That was a ton of work and I think I have said everything I wanted to say. But I still want to know what you think about this story (either this chapter or the whole thing). I am going to keep writing for you, so I want to know what works and what doesn't. And if someone comes up with a truly excellent idea for a sequel or a side-story, I am totally willing to re-think my decision.

To the people who asked about the inspiration for this story, it was simply a desire to write about a medieval fantasy world in a Near Eastern locale. I guess a lot of it is very loosely-based on what happened to the Byzantine Empire (Eastern Roman Empire), except there was no revival there. Also, good eye to the person who cracked the code on the names. English words translated on Google into Turkish (and then sometimes scrambled up a bit to ensure code wasn't broken for really important names).

*****

Note: I honestly write so that I can hear the comments you all give. So please just tell me what you think. Even if it is just a sentence or two (though I always prefer more). Consider that your payment for a free story. And if you like this, I beg you to read my other stories and comment on them too. I know who my loyal readers are and I really appreciate you. Thanks!

YKN

P.S. I do one edit of my work and I try to be thorough. But I figure when it comes to handing out free erotica, you all would be better served getting it fast (if a little rough), than waiting for me to polish it like I was getting paid for my work. Especially on a massive project like this, it took a year to write and could take longer to edit. So, in short, I know there are some errors and I don't really care that much. Don't complain about the soundtrack in your porno, don't sweat the typos in your erotica. Thanks.

YKN

YKN4949
YKN4949
5,885 Followers