The Taming of a Vixen Ch. 09-11

Story Info
Alyssa and Jason.
10.7k words
4.8
4.2k
4
Story does not have any tags

Part 9 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/29/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You plan on doing what!?"

"I plan on accepting his proposal," Alyssa said defiantly, staring up at him, her naked body seeming so fragile in the dark of the room.

"The man is a bounder and a cad. He's a womanizer," Jamie paced the room, visibly agitated.

"Yes and just what does that make you?"

"Ouch, love, that hurt." He rubbed his chest as if it was a physical thrust she'd made, instead of just words.

"But true, though, isn't it, Jamie? At least he has offered marriage and not crept illicitly into my room at night and taken me the way you have. Now, you have had your fun. Please, Jamie, for me, just go." She walked over to the balcony, unaware of the view she was presenting him.

He watched as her heart-shaped bottom moved enticingly towards the doorway, pausing as she fumbled with the knob and finally opened the door.

She turned, giving him a wonderful cameo view of her profile, her long silky hair hanging in ringlet curls down her back. "Go," she said quietly.

"I'll go, love. But I'll be back."

"No," she said quietly, but he could hear the conviction in her voice. "You won't. If you do, I promise, I will scream next time."

He walked toward her, watching her, seeing her eyes drop as he got closer, as if she couldn't stand to see him anymore. He stopped in front of her, his knuckles brushing her cheek, lifting her chin. He kissed her then, slowly, softly, sweetly, seducing her mouth the way he seduced her body the first time.

Then he lifted his head, hearing her sob, seeing the tears that shone like tiny diamonds upon her cheeks. Jamie wiped them away with the tips of his fingers, dropping one more kiss upon her lips and then he was gone, pulling the door closed behind him.

* * *

"This was left for you, Lady Alyssa," the navy and gold attired footman said, holding a wide silver tray out to her. Upon it, nestled against a tiny square of paper, was a spray of beautiful orchids, their petals creamy white deepening to a dark pink inside.

Alyssa lifted the beautiful flowers, bringing them to her nose before picking up the small square of paper that held her name on the front. "Thank you," she said simply to the footman before continuing her way into the breakfast room.

It was late, but Alyssa had slept poorly, tossing and turning as her heart had broken and tears she was helpless to stop had flooded her pillow. And it infuriated her that she was crying over someone of Jamie's ilk, someone who cared little for who he hurt as he sought his own pleasures.

She toyed with the stem of the flower while she contemplated what she'd do if he came back, only then realizing she was still carrying the note. Unfolding it carefully, she stared at the two words it contained, feeling her fury rising.

The two words, "I'm sorry," were followed by a capital J done in a flourishing scrolling script.

Slowly crumpling the paper in her hand, she turned, to head back up the stairs. She'd change and get her horse from the stables. She had to get away from the house and from him. Jamie, he was here somewhere, one of the guests. How else had he been able to get her the note?

With her mind on that tangent, she wasn't paying attention to where she was heading. It was as if a wall was suddenly in her way, and as she ran into it, it sprouted arms, reaching out to grab her as she stumbled back.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, dropping the note and the flowers to grab onto a dark blue coat.

"Whoa, slow down," the wall said in a deep voice.

Alyssa looked up in shock, meeting Jason's blue eyes, which sparkled with just a hint of mischief. He really was too good looking, she thought. His black brows slashed across a wide forehead, his eyes with their vivid blue irises, full but masculine lips, and the high cheekbones wrapped him up into a package that devastated ladies young and old alike.

"Are you all right, Alyssa? I hope I didn't hurt you with my clumsiness."

"No, no that was my fault," she quickly asserted, feeling strangely out of breath with him staring down at her so. "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"You looked deep in thought," he said, smiling when her head tipped up at the words.

"So you stepped in front of me on purpose?"

"Well, it was one way to find out if you'd received my note and the flowers, Alyssa," he said, bending to pick up both from where she'd dropped them. He held the crumpled note in his hand, staring at it with a puzzled frown. "Does this mean my apology wasn't accepted?"

"They were from you?"

Jason stared into her surprised face and almost chuckled. He hadn't thought when he'd left the note that she might think they were from Jamie and not him. "Yes, were you expecting an apology from someone else? I certainly hope I shan't be called to rescue your honor again so soon. I'm hardly healed from the last gentleman who needed to be taught a lesson." He chucked her lightly on the chin as she paled. "That was a joke, vixen. No need to be upset about this." His hand waved at the bandage on his forehead. "I'm made from hardy stock."

"B...but what have you to apologize for, Jason?" she asked, confusion apparent on her pale face.

"I upset you last night, Alyssa. It was the last thing in the world I wanted to do. I was rather heavy handed, announcing my intentions the way that I did." He ducked his head, only missing the shuffling foot from appearing to be an overgrown school boy called to the carpet. "I hope you'll accept my apology and my wish to call upon you?" He held out the orchids.

Alyssa couldn't help but laugh. "I'm thinking you were a hellion as a little boy. How many scrapes did you get into, than brought your mother flowers to get out of?"

"It's that apparent?" he asked, chuckling. He bent his head closer to whisper in her ear. "I had my mother wrapped around my little finger, but don't tell her I said that. She thinks I didn't know."

Alyssa was lost in his scent, the spicy aroma of man, mixed with outdoors and leather and a faint hint of cigar tobacco. She laughed at his words, accepting the flower from his hand. "I can imagine she loves you dearly."

"Probably more than I deserve," he chuckled, taking her arm and turning her back toward the breakfast room. "You haven't eaten today?"

"No, and actually, I'm famished," she said, feeling lighter now than she had when she'd left her rooms.

"Good, I like a woman with a hearty appetite," he said, chuckling when her face flushed. "And I'd love the chance to get to know you better without hordes of your admirers wanting to come and shoot me in the skull."

"Perhaps, when I come to know you better, I'll be the one to wish to shoot

you in the skull."

"You shoot and ride? Remind me to make a note to myself to lock up the guns in my house after we are married."

"You seem pretty sure of yourself, Your Grace. You are so certain of my answer to your unasked question?" She raised a finely curved eyebrow up at him, sitting in the chair he pulled out for her.

"Oh, I have it on good authority that I am hard to resist when I want to be." He sat down himself, choosing the chair next to hers and turning slightly in his seat even as plates of food were sat in front of them. "You could say a little birdie told me."

Alyssa dug into her food, enjoying the taste with a relish that was unusual for her. She enjoyed the Duke's company as much if not more than the food, finding him open to any topic. He listened to her, as her father had always done; not treating her as if she were only a female and as such, not equipped with a brain.

"All right, I'll concede, the Americans have done a fine job of self government since they won that bloody war. But you must allow that it wasn't very sportsmanlike of them to fight the way they did. Jumping from the bushes and such to waylay our poor unsuspecting troops. Deuced ungentlemanly of them."

"It's a new type of world, Jason," she laughed, waving her fork at him. "We must acclimate ourselves or become extinct to the new order."

"Next you'll say that women deserve the same rights as a man," he said, laughing when she opened her mouth. He quickly stuck a forkful of his eggs in it to keep her from speaking, laughing even harder at the glare she gave him. "Only kidding, love. I'd never, ever joke about the rights of women." He placed his hand on his chest and gave her his most honest expression, laughing when she scoffed at him.

"And you say the Americans were unsportsmanlike," she grumbled after swallowing the food he'd shoved in her mouth.

"Well, I could have kissed you, but I thought you'd prefer privacy for that."

"And who says that I want you to kiss me?" she asked him, her eyebrows raised.

"You do, love. It's apparent in your eyes and in the manner you keep glancing at my lips as we talk. You want to know if my kiss will be the same as it was last night in your garden, or if that were perhaps a fluke. A bit of faerie magic mixed with the moonlight and champagne to befuddle your wits." He leaned closer, watching as her face tilted up, her smoky eyes staring into his. "I think kisses should be such, enchanted, magical and with a bit of mystique. They should capture the imagination and not just the lips, don't you think?"

Alyssa jerked slightly, as if suddenly waking from a spell. She reached for her glass of juice to take a sip and settle the heavy beating of her heart. He was seducing her, not with touches and kisses but with sweet words and gestures. And it was working. She could feel her pulse beat between her thighs, a throbbing caused by the sound of his voice. Clearing her throat, she sipped her juice again before turning to answer him.

"Your Grace has a glib tongue that dances just like those faeries you speak of."

"Ha, I do believe the point goes to me on that one love, for that wasn't an answer. But why do you persist in calling me Your Grace? I thought we'd become a little more...personable than that." He lifted his own glass, clinking it lightly to hers.

"Oh, all right, Jason then. But that doesn't change the fact that your tongue can twist a word to fit the way you wish it to." She could feel the blush in her cheeks and silently cursed her fair skin.

"If I promise to make my tongue behave and not allow it to do anymore twisting of words, would you ride with me during the hunt?" he asked, moving a little closer and enjoying the flush upon her cheeks.

"I promised to ride with Cat. She isn't as familiar with the hunt as some of the others and didn't want to look the fool."

"I think, from what I've seen of your friend Cat and my friend Teddy, that they shall be well occupied during the hunt and you shan't have to worry about her. So what do you say? Ride with me? Dance with me later? Marry me

tomorrow?"

Alyssa burst out laughing. "Anything else? Perhaps I should produce an heir

by next week?"

"No," he said, leaning even closer and whispering in her ear. "That is definitely something we want to take our time about, and practice often and well."

He stood before she could respond, loving the way her cheeks turned so pink, her lips parted as if she were shocked by his words. "I shall see you later, my love. In time for the hunt." He leaned over her hand, kissing her fingers before turning her hand over, laying his lips against her palm before closing her fingers over it. And then he was gone.

Alyssa stared at her closed fist, her heart thundering in her ears. She sank back against her chair, a small smile forming upon her lips.

* * *

Alyssa was seated upon Vixen's Boy, waiting as the others prepared for the hunt. She felt a measure of the excitement in them that she also felt at the beginning of the hunt. But she hated the chaos as the others, not taking the matter as seriously, were not yet mounted and ready to go at the chosen time.

She refused to look for the duke, even as she felt disappointment that he wasn't waiting for her when she had arrived upon the field. Instead, she concentrated upon Vixen's Boy, keeping the high-strung stud calm amidst the other horses and the air of excitement that she knew he could feel. His muscles were jumping under her hand as she leaned down to pat his neck affectionately and she spoke calming words into his ear, laughing as he whinnied in response.

"Hmm, it's a lovely sight, a woman who rides as well as you do on a spirited mount," a voice from behind her said.

Her pulse sped and she took a second to calm her smile before turning to glance at him. He was a handsome vision, fawn breeches tucked into knee-high riding boots, wearing a white shirt and a sky blue coat that matched the shade of his eyes. His hair was windswept and he was without a hat, perhaps due to the bandage that still wrapped his forehead. It gave him the look of a wounded hero and her heart sighed.

"Thank you, sir. You sit a horse well also, though I don't think that is your normal mount," she said, eyeing the gray gelding.

"No, my stallion pulled up lame, and I wished him to rest and not give in to the temptation that these hunts inspire. I borrowed this mount from your stable. I hope that is all right?"

"Of course, J...Jason," she said, stumbling only slightly upon his name. "You may borrow what you need."

"I...no, forget I spoke," he said, looking at her with admiration apparent in his eyes.

"No, please," she said, her curiosity teased.

"I was about to ask if I could borrow your heart, lovely lady. But then I realized that that would be a foolish request, for if I were to borrow it, you could ask for it back. I wish to own your heart and give you possession of my own, Alyssa," he said drawing nearer until his legs brushed Vixen's Boy's side.

Alyssa stared up at him, her eyes huge. Then she burst out laughing. "A bit of faerie magic and a huge helping of blarney is what you have there, Jason. But it was very prettily said."

"Oh," he exclaimed, grabbing his chest with one hand and easily controlling his feisty mount with the other. "A direct thrust to my chest and into my heart. How shall I ever survive such a blow?"

"I expect the same way you deal with any woman with the intelligence to see through the thick layer of flattery you put upon your words, Jason." But she had to chuckle at his antics. And inside, she had to admit that he was helping her put aside the hurt of what Jamie had said and done.

Winfred walked past, fifteen of his charges on leashes in front of him. They were well behaved now, save for the barking. But the excitement was contagious and Winfred called one of his helpers to take a few of the dogs, using whistles to keep them in line amid all the horses.

Soon, they caught the scent and set about baying. The signal was given and the hounds were loosed. Alyssa reined in Vixen's Boy and turned him before giving him his head. He loved to follow the hounds, to race through the fields with his mistress upon his back.

Her hat went sailing and a laugh trailed behind her as the duke urged on his mount, trying to catch her. They soon lost the rest of the hunters as they trailed behind, Alyssa moving off the trail of the hounds after the fox and

slipping onto a trail that led into a forest, Jason not far behind her.

"I hope you don't mind," she said when he moved up next to her as she stopped her horse. "I love the chase, but when the hounds trap that poor animal, well, what happens next I don't count as sport." She gave a very ladylike shudder.

Jason slid from his horse, ducking under its head and lifting his hands up to Alyssa. She slid into them easily and he lifted her down, pulling her against him before her feet could reach the ground. Her hands went to his shoulders, sliding to his chest as he bent his head to hers, taking her lips in a kiss that had nothing to do with passion.

It was soft, almost friendly, as if to say hello, and thank you for being with me.

He smiled at her as he lifted his head. Throwing a companionable arm around her, they walked further down the trail.

"What's down here?" he asked curiously.

"A small stream flows through these woods. There is a place where it's been dammed and it fills a little hollow every year. I usually come here when I can and go swimming during the summer when it gets hot."

They talked of inconsequential things as they walked and finally reached the small pond. It was wide at this time of year, the water deepening until it would be just above her head. Alyssa felt the urge to do something crazy, but she could only imagine what the duke would think about her if she gave in and went for a swim.

Instead, she sat upon the bank, slipping off her half boots to wiggle her toes into the grass. Jason sat beside her, not saying much.

"Does your head hurt you?" Alyssa asked him suddenly.

"A bit," he admitted reluctantly.

"Here," she said, scooting until her back rested against the bark of a tree

trunk. "Lay your head in my lap and rest. Since I am the cause of your wound, it is the least I can do to be your pillow."

He did as she said, laying his head into her soft lap. His eyes roamed over her, even as her hand came to his hair, softly stroking the silken tendrils. He could hear the insects buzzing in the air around the clearing, smell the scent of the grass and Alyssa's own unique fragrance. His eyes grew heavy and he closed them, enjoying the sound of the water rushing from the small stream into the pond and then flowing over the tiny dam in a pretty waterfall.

"Did you mean it when you said you wished to marry me?" she asked softly, wondering if he'd fallen asleep.

"Yes," he said without hesitation, his eyes flashing open to stare at her. "I find myself thinking of you all the time, Alyssa. I wonder where you are, or what you're thinking. I remember how we met and I smile when I shouldn't. You are constantly on my mind. This has never happened to me before."

"So I've become an obsession, and that's a good reason to marry me?"

Jason laughed; he couldn't help it. She said things no debutante would have the nerve or the confidence to say. She certainly didn't giggle or prattle on about things like clothing or who danced with who at some ball. And she made him laugh. "Well, if I were to profess my undying love and devotion for you, you probably wouldn't believe me."

"Yes, there is that," she said, tipping her head to the side slightly. "Still, a girl could only hope to hear such words when a man offers marriage. Most would, you know, even if the feeling wasn't there."

"I can only use the excuse that I have too much respect for you as a person to use such blather in an attempt to sway your judgment."

It was Alyssa's turn to laugh now. "Nicely said, Jason. You'd have me believe you actually respect me, and care about what I thought. You do know, if you were to press your suit to my father, he'd probably accept and have us wed before the fortnight was out?" She jerked when he sat up suddenly, moving so that he faced her, his mouth but inches from hers.

"I do not wish to marry your father, Alyssa. So his wants and wishes matter little to me. It is you and I that will have to deal with each other and change our lives around. Not your father." He lifted his hand, touching her cheek with the back of his hand, a gesture that seemed so familiar to her. "I do not wish an ordinary marriage of convenience where I shall bed you to attain an heir and then move on to a mistress or six."

"Or six? I am impressed if you have that kind of stamina, Jason," she quipped.

He chuckled as she meant him to, and then fisted his hand and tapped her gently upon the chin with it. "That wasn't what you were supposed to get out of that sentence, vixen."

"My father was married before he met my mother, did you know?" She continued when he shook his head. "It was arranged; his father and hers got together and made a deal almost before the children were born."