There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 32

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What company do you work for?"

"Valentino International."

"Please don't tell me Robert is on board."

 

"Yes Miss, Mister Valentino is on board

"Is he all right?"

"He's a little shaken, but he'll be fine."

"Let me make a phone call."

*****************

"Hello dad I've had a little problem with an airplane."

"You went to the pharmacy to get medicine for your mother. How could you possibly have gotten into a problem with an airplane?"

"The prescriptions weren't going to be ready for an hour and a half. I took a ride down Route 171, and an airplane landed on the roof of our SUV. It wasn't my fault dad, honest.

"I can see how that would not be your fault Zoey. Is everyone alright?"

"Yes, and that presents the problem."

"How does everyone being alright present a problem?"

"The airplane belongs to Valentino International, and one of the passengers is Robert Valentino

"Is the Governor with him?"

"I'll ask dad."

"Is the governor with him?"

"Yes and her sisters."

"The governor and her sisters are on board with Robert."

"Get the women out of the aircraft and into the SUV if you can. Disguise Robert as one of the pilots. A helicopter will be on its way to get you shortly. Follow the instructions given by the leader of the Army group."

"Okay dad, I will take care of it now."

"Good girl, you did great work Zoey, I'm proud of you."

"It's been a very exciting day dad. I'm glad I'm still here to enjoy it."

"So are your mother and me."

"I can hear police sirens coming. I want to make the transfer now. Goodbye dad."

Zoey ran into the aircraft, and introduced herself. "Hello Robert, I am Zoey Schneider. I just got off the phone with my dad, and this is what he wants to do. He would like the Governor and her sisters to get into the SUV. He will be sending a helicopter to pick you up and get you out of here before the press arrives. This roadway is far off the beaten path, so we may have as much as half an hour before that happens. Hopefully, you'll be out of here before then. Governor, ladies, if you follow me. Robert, lose the jacket, put on the pilots tie, aviator glasses, and hat. You have now been promoted to second officer. You sir have been a guest on the aircraft. Where were you going?"

"Baltimore-Washington International Airport."

"Tell Robert everything he needs to know about approaches and runways to that airport just in case the police get curious."

Governor Hastings and her three sisters followed Zoey out of the aircraft, and hurriedly to the beat up SUV.

Steve was able to inch the car forward nearly a foot without jeopardizing the aircraft's position, and repositioned the seats for their comfort.

Sandy asked, "How much do you know about us Zoey?"

"Sexually, everything, but you don't have to worry, because were all family. Anything that happens inside the family stays in the family. I take it you know all about me."

"There's been a news blackout on you for about the last four months. What's been going on?"

"When my mother and I came back from Paris she decided unilaterally that I was not going to marry Gordon, and that I was not going into space with Doctor Luck. I thought my mom and dad would work it out, but as time got closer, they both nearly had nervous breakdowns. Believe it or not, it all ended this morning, quite melodramatically... and then this afternoon we were out for a peaceful ride, and an airplane landed on my car. It's been an exciting day."

"You actually jumped?"

"Yes I did. I didn't want any more of the arguing, and the fighting that was going on. I missed Gordon, and I knew if my mother had her way I was never going to be with him. My life was not going to be worth anything without him, so I jumped.

"You were out of your mind Zoey, do you realize that?"

"Yes, and I'll be seeing Doctor Russell until I leave because of it."

"What kind of Doctor is he?"

"He's a Proctologist. He's going to see if he can pull my head out of my ass."

"The police are here. If Steve can't hold them off, I will get out of the car, and help him. When the helicopter gets here, don't run walk naturally towards it, and get in. Don't turn around even if the police yell stop. If I don't get on it's fine. My dad will take care of me, Robert and Steve. More than likely, they won't even recognize Robert's last name. Dad will take care of everything that needs to be done."

Sandi said, "I don't need a scandal before take office."

"How can you possibly be involved in a scandal? You were out for a family vacation in Robert's hometown of Glen Falls New York, where you visited with some of his family friends.

Then you were flying to Charleston to visit us, and you were you were nearly killed in an aircraft accident. What is so scandalous about that?"

"You know what we are doing with Robert."

"The same thing I wanted to be doing with Gordon. I'm very happy for you all. Personally, I like Doctor Luck's idea best. I call him dad when I'm in Texas. He's like a second father to me."

"I'm almost afraid to ask what his idea is. Most of them are so crazy they defy logic. However, they wind up making him millions of dollars a year because they work."

"Dad thinks you should get pregnant by telling everyone you're going to use in vitro fertilization. However, you're going to use a close personal friend, who may or may not be standing by the aircraft. You should tell everyone you are too afraid to get married, because of what happened to your mother early in her life. The images of her being ravaged by your father still haunt you, night and day. It doesn't matter to you if the baby is black, white, or Asian, but you want a child of your own, before you are too old to carry a one.

There is one more thing the good Doctor said. While you are trying to become pregnant, your sisters could announce that they are going to undergo the same procedure. They don't want an only child running around the governor's mansion. It would be totally unfair to the child to live in such a big house alone.

If you want, you can say this trip to upstate New York was for the initial tests to have these procedures performed at a private clinic. They can search and search all they want, and they will never find the place that it was performed."

Sandi said, "You don't know how long I have wanted to have a baby. I just couldn't find a way to have one with the man I love the most. You've just given it to me. I believe you've just given it to all of us. What do you think Danni?"

"Come to our offices when your periods are due, and I'll start doing blood tests. You can make the announcement this month, and we will announce it before your inauguration. It should cause quite a stir."

"Military helicopter approaching at 9 o'clock. Wait for my signal, and then do as I told you to do."

****************

As the Blackhawk helicopter was approaching from the northeast; the television trucks were speeding to the site from the northwest.

Zoey waved her arms to the helicopter indicating where she wanted it to touch down. Once she got a thumbs-up from the flight deck of the helicopter, she ran out of the way, and signaled the women in the car to start moving towards her.

The helicopter touched down about thirty yards from the SUV, and the police moved to intercept them. Armed military personnel hurried to put a barrier between the women and the police.

A police Sergeant asked the Lieutenant, "What the hell's going on here?"

"I'm sorry Sergeant, but this is a very tricky diplomatic matter. These are Saudi women. They were out for a good time, without their high-ranking husband's knowledge or approval. If their husbands saw the way they were dressed, and their faces were made up, these women would have had their heads cut off. We would have been blamed for the insult to their religion.

Back here, there would've been a row of testicles lining General Moore's desk, starting with mine and ending with Colonel Bradman's. I like my balls exactly where they are, if you know what I mean."

"I know exactly what you mean Lieutenant. Thank goodness you got them out of here before those newshounds arrived. There would be nothing I could do to erase those tapes. How did this aircraft wind up hitting Miss Schneider's SUV?"

"Hold on one second Sergeant."

The Lieutenant listened in his earpiece, and said 'Yes Sir' repeatedly. When he finished speaking he pulled his headset off.

"Goddamn spooks. Is one of those pilots named Robert?"

"Yes, Robert Valentino."

"The emir's sons' concubine would like him to join her in the helicopter. Isn't that nice, they bring their concubines with them."

"What the hell else are they going to do with their money?"

"How about paying us back for protecting their asses?"

"There is a novel idea, if I ever heard one. I'll go get him for you."

"Would you bring Miss Schneider with you, also? I might as well get her out of this zoo."

**********************

The helicopter landed on the military side of the Charleston Airport, and three long black limousines awaited for its blades to stop. The side door popped open, and an agent went inside. He handed each of them a black headscarf, and a long gown, which would conceal their identities. One at a time, with Zoey and Robert mixed in, the six of them entered the center limousine.

Zoey was amazed to see her mother and her father sitting together in the rear seat. It was the first time she seemed confident, and relaxed, while sitting next to her father. This more than anything else made her very happy.

She kissed her parents, and asked, "May I be allowed to make the introductions?"

"Go ahead Zoey."

"Will everyone please remove your head coverings please."

"As you know the first one is the hardest dad, but I'm going to take a guess. I believe he is Robert Valentino."

Zoey cringed, because she knew her mother was going to hit her.

Payne did not disappoint her daughter. She smacked her on her arm and left a good size red mark to remind her not to do it again.

"Okay, I have been chastised. Mom, dad, the new governor of the State of Maryland, Sandi Hastings."

Payne and Dycke extended their hands and congratulated Sandi on her win.

"I have been a fan of your great uncle and your father for a very long time. I almost wished that your great uncle had not appointed your dad to the Supreme Court. I believed he would have made an excellent president. I will be watching you very closely, and several of my friends will be doing the same. You have the right pedigree, and perfect timing. In six or ten years, one of our friends will knock at your door, if you don't disappoint us. This person will ask you an important question. If you answer correctly, doors will start to open for you, and you will start to meet the right people. No one will tell you what to do; they will suggest what you should do. As your father used to do with President Atwater, when you say you want something done and you know it will never be done, always have the name of the fall guy at your fingertips. If you want gun-control legislation pushed through the Congress that will take every assault weapon off the street will it pass governor?"

"No, it'll never make it through the Congress. The National Rifle Association, the gun manufacturers, and every other special interest group will fight it tooth-and-nail."

"So who is your fall guy governor? Why, as President of these United States, can't you get these horrible assault weapons off the streets of our cities?"

"The bill will never get past the Congress."

"That is exactly what your father told President Atwater to say, and he was correct. Do you remember going on the campaign trail with your dad?"

"Yes, I was a junior in college."

"How many times did you hear the future president say "I'm not going to promise you anything, because the Congress is not going to allow me to give it to you? Unless you give me a bulletproof Congress, I'm not going to be able to move this country forward."

"Mister Schneider, we heard it at home, before it came out of Uncle Clark's mouth. We were forced to sit on the couch in the living room, and listen to my father deliver the speech over and over again until it was perfect. When it was perfect, he started to tinker with it to make it even better. He drove us crazy with it, but when he was finished, and Uncle Clark delivered that speech to an audience, it was absolutely perfect. The talking heads at the new stations couldn't pick any of his speeches apart, because they were all impeccable. He would never take credit for them. He would always give the credit to the speech writing team. Uncle Clark used to ask him, "When am I going to meet my speech writing team?"

Dad used to say, "You're married to her. Miss Julia is your brains. Miss Julia is your strength. Don't fuck up, or she'll kill you. I think that's the only time my dad ever cursed."

As they approached his building he said, "Your apartment is one floor below mine. We will show it to you on the way up and give you your key cards, and elevator codes. You can decide how long you wish to stay, or how soon you want to leave. I don't know what they're going to do with your aircraft, but I have plenty of them on the flight line, and they can take you home anytime you wish. There is a pink aircraft there that belongs to Payne. She can fly you home as soon as you're ready. Your bags will be here within the next two hours, or as soon as Steve can get them away from the aircraft. We are attempting to change the flight plan, and the names of the people that were on board the aircraft, just in case the NTSB gets too nosy. If they do, I have friends that can come down very hard on them. If it's alright with you, instead of being so formal, we could go on a first name basis."

"Thank you Dycke, I think that would make all of us much more comfortable."

"This apartment belongs to Christian Chase, a very good friend of ours. He lives in New Mexico, and I can't convince him to move east, where we could use his computer talents more effectively.

Your refrigerator is freshly stocked, and there is a very nice assortment of wines at your disposal. Agents will guard each of you every day, individually, and together. Don't worry about restocking the refrigerator, or cleaning the apartment. Maid service will be available every afternoon after 2 PM. Will that be acceptable to all of you?"

"You did all this since Zoey called you Dycke?"

"There were two of us. We made a list of what needed to be done, and split it in half. Payne did her part, and I did mine. I don't think it took us ten minutes, did it dear?"

"No it didn't. I wish it had taken longer, because waiting for things to happen at the accident site was nerve-racking."

"It was tough for us to convince the local Army people to get the helicopter to the accident site quickly. I had to get the Army Chief of Staff on the phone, and have him explain the facts of life to the base commander."

Robert said, "It sounds like something my mother would have done."

"Well at least my daughter and five of her little friends didn't try to start a nuclear war."

Robert shook his head. "I swear my mother has not learned how to keep her mouth shut. I'm amazed that the Russians don't have our pictures, names, addresses, and cell phone numbers."

Cindy's mouth was so wide open. Robert used his finger to close it. It was a mistake, because once it was closed, it started working again.

"What did you do, and when did you do it. I don't want to hear any bullshit out of you Valentino. I swear I'll neuter you if you try."

"Do you see what you started now Dycke?"

"You're among family Robert. What is said among family, stays within the family."

Sandi said, ""I've swear I heard that quotation earlier today."

"I can't imagine from who."

Payne said, "Miss Schneider, I think you and I are going to talk later on today."

"Yes mother."

"What did you do Robert?"

"We were playing a computer game on a laptop, but it was really slow. We decided to use my mother's Cray 4 instead. She didn't know I was able to bypass all of the security devices, including her 'Retina Scan' to get into the Cray's crypt. I had been doing it for so long, and I never got caught, so it was easy. We inserted the games computer disc into the Cray computer, made a few changes and adjustments to the program to make it harder, and run faster. Then we hit play. What we didn't realize was we took down the entire Russian defense signals network when we did it. They could not send or receive messages on their digital telephones, broadband, Wi-Fi, or telemetry systems. The Russian military was in the dark, and they did not know what happened, or why.

Our parents were upstairs by the pool having a cookout, when the feds raided the place using helicopters, and police cars. We didn't know anything was going on, because we couldn't hear what was going on. The lead agent went over to my mother and told her she was under arrest. She asked him why. He said to her, 'I cannot tell you, it's a matter of national security.' She took out her cell phone, called the director of the FBI, 'Michael Free', and asked him what she did wrong now. She's having a cookout with her father and six friends, poolside.

The director told her what was happening and thought she was the cause. My mother looked around the area and yelled, "Oh no, the kids."

She dropped her phone, and started running towards the house, with my father, Mister Chase, and the FBI man chasing her. She got down to the basement and saw that the door accessing the Cray was open. She walked into the room, and yelled, "Don't anyone move."

When Michael Free told the President who did it, and how it was done, he had a problem. Where do you put six 9 year-old children in prison, for spying on an enemy government, while using a toy program? His prosecutor would be laughed out of court, during opening statements. The jury, while looking at these six clean-cut prepubescent children, and listening to them testifying, in perfect, clear English, would send any prosecutor home with a migraine. They had to arrange a plea bargain, and the prosecution had no cards to play.

The children, their parents, attorneys, and the Attorney General were asked to attend a meeting in the Oval Office to work on a deal."

As the President took his seat, and looked at the defendants, he felt like an idiot. As a former prosecutor, he knew a losing case when he saw one.

"Good evening children, parents, counsel, I would like to make this as quick and painless as possible. There will be no record of this event, no probation, no anything against any of these children, or their parents. I need one thing in return. I need all copies of this program destroyed. If this is agreeable this meeting is over."

My father stood up, thanked the President for his offer, and advised him that the programs had already been destroyed, in front of an FBI agent.

The President smiled. "This meeting is adjourned. It was great doing business with you."

"Mr. President, you still have two problems."

"What are they Mr. Valentino?"

"My daughters, Laura, and Anna have photographic memories. If they see it, hear it, or read it, they do not forget it, ever. They will try to forget this program, but it will always pop-up in the back of their minds one day or another. My dad did not know that I was photographic at the time. It got me out of a lot of work.

"Laura Valentino, do you have instant recall?"

"Yes sir."

"What is on my desk, starting on the top right side?"

Laura closed her eyes and rattled off everything that was on his desk, including the piece of paper the sleeve of his jacket was now covering.

"Anna Valentino, do you have instant recall."