There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You lost Adam too? You're having a banner day aren't you?"

"George said I was acting like mom before she went to see Doctor Null."

"Are you suffering from the same malady your mother was?"

"What do you mean, 'Separation Anxiety?' I'm not sure, I don't know dad. This is my life's dream."

"So far to satisfy your dream, you fired your best friend, you lost your entire security force, and your future husband. I'm beginning to wonder if your dream is worth it."

"So am I daddy. Are any of our aircraft here, I want to go home."

"Yes, we have three aircraft in Houston, and four in Austin. How are you going to get there?"

"I'll drive."

"I'll have them pull your paperwork, I want them to know you're still alive if you decide not to go."

"Thanks dad. When you're finished here, do me a favor. Take mom on a long vacation. I'd like to be alone."

"I'll take her around the world, it should take at least four months to do. I'll notify you before we come home. You can either stay or disappear, it's your choice."

"I love you dad. Tell mom I love her too."

"What airport are you going to? I will have a flight crew ready."

"I will go to Houston, it's closer to home."

"Enjoy your life baby, make the most of it."

"I will." They kissed and she walked away.

Stephano said to his breast pocket, "She's going to Houston."

"Yes Mister Valentino, we heard. We have her covered."

"Thank you George, there will be a plane waiting for you too. You will be able to hear everything she says."

"Thank you sir, will I be able to talk to her, like I am her conscience?"

"You're sneaky George, but I will make sure you have two way communications."

********************

Stephano said into his communicator, "Find Adam Schiff and do not allow him to leave the property."

"What's going on Stephano? I didn't think you know how to use these communicators."

"Even we have a problem. Laura is on her way home. I don't know if we lost our plumber or not. I'm trying to find out."

"I will meet you at the front left side of the hanger."

"What's a hangar?"

"After I find out if I have a plumber or not, I'll tell you your joke stunk, and how hi."

"Mister Valentino, we have Mister Schiff. Where do you want us to bring him?"

"Bring him to the front left side of the hanger please."

****************

"Hello Even, our guest of honor will be here in a minute."

"Can I get a one minute breakdown of what happened?"

"I can make it shorter than that. Laura turned into Patti."

"No shit!"

"Nooo shiiittt!"

"When did this happen?"

"Sometime between last night at midnight and this afternoon. When I left her last night, except for Adam lying on the entryway floor, she was fine. Something happened today that set her off. She fired her lead agent, and her best friend of 21 years, George Akins. The rest of her agents quit on the spot once she did it. Then she called Adam a bastard. He told her if that's what you think of me don't marry me. He walked off. Now she's running home, just like Patti would. She's going to hide behind those fences, until I tell her that her mother and I are coming home. Then she'll run someplace else where she can be alone. It's just like the last time with Patti.

Even, they are 25 years apart, and they are twins. I had no idea what to do with Patti, and I have no idea what to do with my daughter."

"Here comes Adam, maybe he can give us some answer Steph."

"Hello Mister Valentino, Mister Luck, it's turned out to be a real shitty day."

"That's what we need to talk to you about Adam. Can you tell us why Laura broke down today?"

"It wasn't me. I swear it wasn't me."

"Adam, nobody's accusing you of anything. We are just trying to find out what happened to make her crack. She fired George after 21 years. Something must've happened to make her do it. What was going on, were they fighting?"

"Yes they were. At one point, George told our driver to pull over to the side of the road so he could box her ears. He told her she was acting like a child."

"Where the two of you arguing when George intervened?"

"I guess you could say that, but it was more like Laura reading me the riot act, and I finally put my foot down at one point. George told Laura she had better listen to me or Wednesday she would need help walking up the plank to get into the spacecraft. More words were interchanged, and then George hit her in the back of the head so hard she took a step forward. Initially she thought it was me, but then she looked at George and said, "You hit me."

"I gave you a love tap," George said, "When I hit you, you'll know it."

Laura told him she didn't like him, and George really laid into her. He told her how she abandoned her mother when her mother needed her, and how she treated her mother when her mother was sick. He hoped now that when she was getting sick people left her alone so she got so sick that even her money would not be enough to get her out of a mental institution. That's when Laura said, "George you're fired." Everything went downhill from there."

I said to Adam, "I have to ask you a very selfish question, and I know this is a very hard time for you to answer it. Are you coming with us on Wednesday? You are the only plumber we have. We don't even have an apprentice. Without you we are "Up shits creek without a paddle." We have a lot of smart people on board, and I'm sure some of us can learn how to do it. You had years of experience, and they had to put you through months of accelerated training to bring you up to a passing level. I need an answer now: yes or no."

"I'm going with you Doctor Luck. There's nothing left for me here, and there is no hope of me getting Laura back. Mister Valentino has been through this before, and George has lived through it vicariously with Mrs. Valentino. I don't want to be around and watch Laura go insane. If she does get well one day Mister Valentino tell her... tell her I will always love her."

"I will Adam, I'll make sure she knows."

"Adam do I remember correctly that your father is an air traffic control supervisor?"

"Yes Mister Valentino he is. Why, what are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking of cooping my daughter up in an airplane for three hours or more and letting her listen to her conscience, are you there George?"

"Yes sir, I'm right here, and you say I'm sneaky."

"Adam can you get your father on a private line?"

"That's not a problem Mister Valentino."

******************

"He's on the phone Mister Valentino, my father's name is Barry."

"Mister Schiff, my name is Stephano Valentino, my daughter is quite taken with your son as you probably know, and right now there in the middle of the tiff. With three days to the wedding she's trying to escape home to think. I'd rather keep her closer. I need a favor from you if you can do it."

"What do you have in mind Stephano?"

"Two of my airplanes 51 Victor India and 85 Victor India are at the general aviation terminal at Houston. Do you have any influence there?"

"We have been known to help each other out every now and again Stephano. What do you want us to do?"

"I want you to put those two airplanes as far out in left field as you can, and forget about them for like three hours or so. You can call it a test for your paperwork. My pilots will tell the passenger that it is a severe weather air-traffic control hold, and they will be off as soon as possible."

"That's easy enough, why don't you send something nice up to the tower as a thank you."

"How many people work up there?"

"There are roughly 30 up there."

"How about at your place?"

"216."

"You are rather sure of that last number."

"I better be, that's my job."

"Thank you Barry, I'll call you when to release those airplanes."

"I'll be waiting."

"George are you there?"

"Yes Mister Valentino I am here."

"You get into 85, let Laura get into 51; that's the older aircraft. I'll have yours serviced completely with a full buffet, and hers with a partial and make it look like it's a left over, and no ice.

When she finds out this was a set-up, I'm hoping she's in outer space and not with me. She will tear me from limb to limb if she still on the ground. I better let her mother in on this, or I'll catch hell from both ends."

********************

"Hello dear how was your day?"

"What's wrong, what did you do?"

"I haven't done anything, I called and asked how your day was."

"That's the problem. It's Sunday, it's the middle of the afternoon, and you are calling to find out how my day was. What's wrong?"

"The next time I call you remind me to have a gun pointing down towards my foot so I can shoot myself."

"Come home, I have a gun, I'll pointed at your foot, and I'll shoot you, right after you tell me What's wrong!"

"What could possibly be wrong? Laura fired George. The remainder of her agents quit. She called Adam a bastard and he walked off telling her not to marry him. Laura is now on her way to Houston to catch a flight to Glen Falls. She sounds more like her mother to me than she does like herself. I guess that's about it."

"How long ago did this happen?"

"It happened within the last hour."

"What have you done to try to cauterize these wounds?"

"George and his team are in a girls club getting sloshed. Adams in the woods getting laid. Laura is looking like her mother more and more each minute."

"I heard it the first time Stephano, I'll talk to her. Who is covering Laura?"

"George and his team are covering Laura."

"Where is Adam?"

"He's with Even sulking."

"Tell Even to get him drunk."

"I don't think that would be a good idea."

"Tell Even to get him drunk."

"Patti it would not be a good idea."

"Why not?"

"He came home drunk last night and she nearly ripped off his left arm."

"How do you know that?"

"I was there when she did it. Adam is wearing a sling today, because she went easy on him."

"I bet that must have hurt."

"It hurt me and I was only watching."

"What evil plan is happening now?"

"Two of our aircraft are going to be sitting at the far ends of Houston airport on an indefinite hold. Our dear Laura will be in one, with a limited food tray and no ice, while George will be sitting in the other with a full buffet speaking to her as her conscience.

Of course if you wish to call her on her cell phone, you may do so. If it's turned off, she's in aircraft 51. You can get her through our control center. She can run but she can't hide. Oh she wants us to go on an around the world trip so she can be at home alone for four months."

"Like hell, let her go around the world, I want my bed."

"Okay, you tell her, while you're speaking to her. She should just be getting to the airport about now. Give her another two hours until she's locked in, and frustrated, then give her a call."

"Okay sweetheart, when are you coming home?"

"I'll be leaving here as soon as I check in with Even."

"Okay, I'll see you soon."

Stephano walked over to Rod Laver, who was buried under paperwork.

"Rod I need a favor."

"Sure Stephano, what do you need?"

"I need you to pull Laura's paperwork out of there. I don't know if she's going or not. She had a huge fight with Adam and George, and she's running home to Glens Falls. She can easily make it there spend two days, and be back for Sunday afternoon's launch, but I don't know. I think the safest way to play it is to pull the paperwork and just keep it on the side. Tuesday and Wednesday are holidays and no work will be done. If she goes the paperwork goes back in. If she doesn't the paperwork is already removed, and no one has to rush around looking for it."

Rod looked at the stack of paper, and then at Stephano. "It looks like my Wheaties are going to come in handy today. I'll take care of it Steph, all this needs to be filed alphabetically anyhow."

"I feel for you Rod, I really do. Take care."

*******************

George and his team were cleared through the security gate, straight to aircraft 85VI. As soon as they were seated, the copilot was on the radio.

Houston Ground Control, this is November 4285Victor India, request clearance to the 'Penalty Box.' Penalty time unknown."

"4285Victor India is cleared to the penalty box. I have no idea what you guys are up to, but have a good time."

"Thank you Ground Control, 51 Victor India will be there to hold our hand shortly. We are trying to mend a lover's quarrel."

"85, please tell me you're joking with me."

"With the amount of money the Valentino's have, I wouldn't dare joke with you."

"One word of advice 85, Park with the nose of the aircraft away from the sun, otherwise it's going to get awful hot in there."

"You are a wonderful person Ground Control. You can expect some gifts coming your way shortly."

The pilot of the aircraft 85 turned on company frequency to see if aircraft 51 was on the net.

"51 this is 85 over."

"85 this is 51 go ahead."

"51 the tower just gave me a wonderful idea. Point the nose of the aircraft away from the sun. It will keep you cool, and the passenger compartment hot. You can tell Miss Valentino that you're running the air conditioner at full power, while the aircraft is being baked, by the sun. If she tells you to return to the terminal, tell her you'll lose your place in line for a take-off to the northeast. It looks like a two hour delay now, and if you lose your place in line, you may not be able to take off until midnight, or early the next morning."

"Are you sure this is cleared by Mister Valentino? I don't want to lose my job."

"I don't want to lose my job either. I got my orders directly from George, Laura's primary. If he says this is what were supposed to do, we are going to do it."

"Okay Artie, I'm on board. I hope she doesn't have a cell phone on her where she can get the weather for the Northeast. It couldn't be nicer up there if it tried."

"You can always tell her the problem is over the Shenandoah Valley, moving northeast, and the FAA is closing down the airports just to be safe. If she doesn't believe you tell her to call her father."

"I love you Artie, you always know how to pass the buck."

"I'll take that as a compliment Lewis, although I do feel a blade close to my spine. I've just reached the penalty box, and I'm pointing the nose of the aircraft southeast. I'll see you soon."

***************

"I'm sorry Miss, I can't let you through security. You do not have any identification on you."

"I left my purse with my father. Don't tell me I can't get on my own aircraft."

"Miss if you continue to make a scene I'm going to have to have you arrested."

"Can someone vouch for me? Can the pilot of the aircraft identify who I am? I own the fucking thing. I only paid $48 million for it, I should be allowed to fly in it."

"Are the ownership papers in the aircraft?"

"They damn well better be."

"Call your pilot, and have him bring them to the security desk. Until he gets here I would advise you to keep quiet."

Laura was about to tell this TSA flunky exactly where to go, but decided to hold her tongue. She was pissed off enough already, she did not want to go to jail because of it. She called the control center and had them patch her through to the pilot of aircraft 51.

"Mister DeMarre, this is Laura Valentino. They are holding me in the security area because I don't have any identification on me. Would you please bring the ownership papers from the aircraft to me so I can shove it down the guys throat please?"

"Miss Valentino, I have more experience with these $12 an hour TSA employees than you do. I would suggest you put a smile on your face, when you show them these papers, because he still could keep you off this aircraft. Your picture is not on the ownership papers, and it is required under the law for you to have a picture ID to board a civil aircraft. So be nice to him until you're on the aircraft. Then call him and tell him to go fuck himself."

"I will heed your advice Mister DeMarre, I want to get home."

10 minutes later, Captain DeMarre greeted Laura and went to the front of the line to show the paperwork for the aircraft to the agent. Laura's signature was all over it, and the guard asked her to sign several pieces of paper to prove it was her signature.

Laura had flames coming out of her ears again, but she smiled, as the captain directed her to do, and the signatures matched perfectly.

"You may board your aircraft Miss Valentino, but this is a one-time exemption. The next time you had better have a picture ID, or I will send you back to get one."

"Yes sir, I appreciate your kindness."

The Captain pulled her by the arm out onto the tarmac as fast as he could, and Laura started to scream epithets at that agent he had not heard from a woman's mouth ever. He decided at that moment to lock the cockpit doors as soon as he started the engines. He valued his life more than he valued his job.

Laura was not listening to the first part of the conversation between the pilot and the control tower, but as they were taxing towards the runway she heard the pilot say, "FUCK!"

The aircraft continued taxiing normally until they reached the end of the runway, crossed it, and went to an area where another aircraft was parked, and waiting for takeoff instructions.

"Miss Valentino, I have some bad news for you. The FAA has put us on an indefinite ground hold due to bad weather approaching the Northeast. We are waiting to find out what number we are for takeoff clearance. If we had stayed at the gate for three more minutes, you could have sat comfortably in the executive lounge area. Now you have to spend that time here in the aircraft the entire hold time. I am very sorry."

"It was not your fault Captain. I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible, and I did. Neither you nor I anticipated this. How long before we know what number we are in line?"

"It should take the computer, in Virginia, a few minutes to give us our slot Miss Valentino. I'm going to shut down one engine to conserve fuel, but I will be running the air-conditioning at full power to keep the aircraft as cool as possible. It is very hot outside, as you know."

"Thank you Captain, it's very considerate of you."

Lewis set the cabin temperature at 79°, which was guaranteed to make Laura hotter than she already was, and sleepier. It would be the perfect atmosphere for George to mentally berate her. It was time for Laura to grow up, and learn to compromise. He taught her how to be strong, but now she was too strong, to the point she was overbearing.

Patti was the same way. It took an equally strong man to tame her, and to love her unconditionally. Stephano's fights with Patti were thermonuclear, and their make-up sessions took weeks, but they survived everything and married on the one term she would not compromise on. She had to be a virgin when she went to her marital bed.

25 years later, Laura was running away days before her wedding. Like her mother and father, she and Adam had played at the sexual games, but had not had intercourse. She was a virgin, like her mother, and three days from now she would go to her marital bed pure. That is if she married Adam, and at this moment, it was not looking good."

"Miss Valentino, our slot number is 486."

Laura screamed. "There are 486 aircraft ahead of us?"

"Yes ma'am, that's not many aircraft at all. It's about 2 hours, probably less. They will see we are not going to land at any major airport, and slide us around about 200 miles west of New York. Depending on how bad the weather is over Pennsylvania, it could be less than an hour's hold, because we are going to Albany, which is never busy."

1...456789