All Comments on 'Thoughts Ch. 01'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
NoooOO !

I'm hooked . Can't you do 4 chapters at a time ,though , like Rehnquist ? I was so ready for a full meal of LW excellence & got fobbed off with a scrumptious aperitif..

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
NoooOO !

I'm hooked . Can't you do 4 chapters at a time ,though , like Rehnquist ? I was so ready for a full meal of LW excellence & got fobbed off with a scrumptious aperitif..

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
STORIES GALORE

condoms break, pills didnt work, more info needed before we smirk. TK U MLJ LV NV

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

Good start as a DHHer's story is.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 12 years ago
A slow start . . .

. . . and sort of uncomfortable for me, probably for some other guys too if they are honest. DG, you captured the early, and awkward, years all too well. One of the nice benefits of age is that you can let much of that uncertainty and awkwardness slip into an I don't remember that compartment.

You've got the start of a good story, the pace was slow at first but did pick up, let's see where it goes from here.

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Realistic

Yeah, brings back some memories of my early years. I think all young couples go through a period of adjustment, to each other, to regular sex, to kids altering everything. Your young and horny all the time, some cheat, some don't, some swap, most don't and over time you either grow together, or grow apart.

Looking forward to the next chapters, but now you have gotten me thinking about my first marriage again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
sorry

I skip this one. I don't need to read a depressing story where a cold assed guy (maybe now regretting when he got old and lonely) lists up (like a telephonebook, and as boring too) what he fucked up by not thinking, not knowing....

thanks but this is the first of your stories to skip.

Phantom1925Phantom1925over 12 years ago
Admirable Effort

Interesting story though dull in places & if the narrator is 65 now how did they have "sex tapes" when he was in his 20's?

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
He is too human!

He is definitely not an icon of virtue. He even sounds like a candidate for wimphood!

The mouse is correct, it is well written but there is nothing delightful about it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Honesty

The good news is that the story comes across as honest. The bad news is that the story comes across as honest. I'm making myself read it because I think reading it is a learning experience. We need stories on Lit where the guy is not always a hero and the wife is not always a witch. Both of these folks seem pretty human although the wife's attitude seems without explanation other than just being an unpleasant person.

Good writing as always. A subtitle might have been "Assholes: 40 Years Together".

katibkatibover 12 years ago
Good Start

Realistic, believable, and if depressing as some claim, well that's the human condition. But it also is a bit wordy.

DG HearDG Hearover 12 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

This story is about a man who went through life, like many making a lot of mistakes. It isn't a quick read, that's why I didn't post it all at once. Five chapters all together three have been submitted. Ch. 4 will be will be submitted Monday and a long chapter five will be submitted Tuesday.

Please stay with me, it is an interesting story. Thank you for all the comments.

With respect

DG Hear.

movermoverover 12 years ago
Blue Movies

is what they were called back then, Phantom, 8mm and lasted 2-3 minutes. Great! No audio, but didn't miss much. Check out todays dialog in porno flicks/tapes/dvd's/netflix.

Good story, great start. May seem to drag at times, but that is what real life does. Thank you.

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 12 years ago
Provokes a couple of observations...

I'm very curious as to where this story is going.

One reason has to do the the age and length of marriage: let's face it, a 65 YO divorced woman isn't all that likely to find another man - the demographics are all against her. On the other hand, a guy of 62 might be able to find women — divorced, widowed, never married — 10 years YOUNGER than he is to date, marry, etc.

A second consideration is: unless they had become a lot wealthier than the story suggests, then splitting up their assets at their age will likely result in one or both of them living in relative poverty. I've seen various studies that suggest that a surprising number of women fear growing old, alone and poor. Yet this woman seems to be so angry/disgusted/bored or whatever, that she is willing to dump her husband. (It doesn't seem like he was going to get rid of her, even if they had grown apart.)

So I look forward to getting, as Paul Harvey used to say, 'the rest of the story'.

Thanks again, D.G., for a well conceived, well written, story.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Good start to a lifetime saga.

Nice gentle narration, enjoying my read...thank you Mr. Hear.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very good start

Looking forward to the next four chapters. Five stars so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Bobnobbi you're a cunt for stealing my first word. But it was Uncomfortable.

It was also lowbrow, raw, real and extremely well writ. This isn't my tale, but if you equate the varying strands of human behavior with a hemp rope we're never too many twists away from one anothers' take on life.

Loved the sensuality of Carol. I'm with her all the way so far. Our protagonist has a great heart. But has he almost gone too far down Cretin Lane? Is he gonna fuck his slightly morally frigid(good for her or buzzkill?) but, obviously, happy to be faithful, wife up? Has he pushed and cajoled her to becoming someone she didn't ever want to be and that he's surely going to regret?

If she doesn't give him another blow job for twenty years, is she blowing someone else?

All will be revealed.

Hemp rope doesn't work, right? Though maybe for some of our friends on LW..

It's obvious you're used to receiving enormous accolades, DGHear. Well deserved...Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A nothing story going nowhere

If you just want to spend your time without result, read this. This comment is placed AFTER reading to conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Congratulation !!!

You managed to depict the perfect idiot. They can't get any worse, this is the tops (or the pits). If a guy like that really existed he should enter the Guiness book of records as the stupidest creature ever to walk this earth. Honestly, I don't think that record is likely to be broken anytime soon. The story is so so, maybe too early to judge.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Although This Story Isn't Traditionally Engaging, It Is SO True To Life

I know so many couples like this. The set up is very true to life and the characters have an honest feel...nice start.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago

Fair start -

Rambling but we were warned

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
so far it is dark and depressing

Have to wonder if it worth the time to keep reading

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Interesting Start

Here we know that the husband is a fucking cheater but we don't really know about the wife. Fucking prick. I still hate cheaters. I'll continue...

No rating

yet

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
Very good start, but

I don't know if I liked hearing the ending first. Maybe we'll get back to "real time" and more of life will continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bad start to a series

Tom is a 100% asshole. He seems to be the rotton apple in the bottom of the barrel. Whatever happens to him he deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What

What a nothing story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Thoughts Series Info