Threads: The Island

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everything was blurry, but he could make out a white wall, covered in black picture frames. It looked like black and white photographs in them, but he couldn't make out any of the details. A couple of dark brown leather armchairs sat beneath them, and he realised he was lying on a bed.

Patricia re-appeared in his field of view, and he jerked his head up to look at her. A sharp stab of pain shot through his brain and he closed his eyes for a moment until it eased.

"Can you sit up, Kyle?" She asked gently, her hand touching his face once more.

"Not... sure." He managed to mumble.

"I brought a straw," She said softly, and he felt it press between his lips a moment later. As he sucked he felt a tiny trickle of water in his mouth and then the straw withdrew.

He squinted at her and saw her dipping the straw into a bottle of water, press her thumb over the end then bring it back to him. Kyle opened his mouth and felt the straw on his tongue, followed by another trickle of water. Anothe couple of repititions had his mouth feeling a lot less dry.

"Do you know where you are, Kyle?"

"The Island," He mumbled. His head hurt, but he tried to concentrate and figure it out. Nothing seemed right here. "I banged my head."

"Do you remember how?" She asked slowly.

Kyle frowned as he tried to concentrate. A confusing flicker of memories came back to him. Chatting with Kara and Katie. He was running down the stairs from his suite. The trees flickered past him as he ran. A ladder going down underground. He jolted, stiffened and groaned all at the same time as the physical sensation of being tazered came back to him, mingled with the sound of the gunshot.

"Kyle?"

His hand moved up to touch his head and he saw it was red, covered in what had to be his blood. "I... I got shot?"

"No, Kyle, you didn't get shot," Patricia said quickly. "Do you know where you are?"

"Down the ladder." He mumbled, replaying the images. Why was he running? What was he running from? Or to?

A new memory flickered, of Edwin on his knees, with Kyle pointing a gun at him. Kyle could remember how angry he was, but not the words he snarled at the old man.

Then it all came back.

Descending the shaft, Edwin opening the door, the darkness, the pain and the gun going off in his hand.

"Edwin!" He said sharply, trying to get up. The room swam, but he gritted his teeth and forced himself into a sitting position.

"Kyle. Kyle, stop. Kyle, listen to me," Patricia kept repeating. Slowly her face swam back into focus and she looked scared.

"He's bad, Patricia," Kyle blurted, trying to get his legs off the bed. His eyes darted around the strange room, and he knew he was inside the bunker. "Edwin. No, you shouldn't be here!"

He felt panic sieze him at the thought of Patricia being Edwin's prisoner down here. "How did he?"

"Kyle, stop. Edwin's not a problem any more, just stop," She said firmly, holding onto his shoulders.

The door opened behind her and he saw a pale-faced Katie enter, followed by a grim looking Kara.

Dismay hit him as he realised his sisters must be prisoners too. "Fuck," He muttered. "Not you two too?"

"Kyle," Connor said, coming in behind him. "Hey, how you feeling, buddy?"

Kyle's eyes darted from face to face. His sisters, Patricia, Connor. They were all down here. Where was Edwin? How were they here? What the fuck was going on?"

"I got your sisters and Patricia," Connor said slowly. "Edwin turned the lights off and gave you fifty thousand volts with the tazer. Do you remember that?"

Kyle nodded and grimaced as the pain shot through his head again. He blinked a few times then replied. "Yes. I think so."

"Do you remember your gun going off?" Connor asked, watching him.

"A big bang. Really loud," Kyle replied, concentrating. He didn't know if it was his gun or not.

"When he hit you with the tazer your finger must have depressed the trigger, and it fired off a round from your revolver. Edwin was standing right in the doorway when the gun went off."

"I hit him?" Kyle said, frowning. That didn't make any sense.

"Ricocheted off the door frame and into his neck," Connor said, nodding. "By the time I got the lights on, checked you and then him, he was already dead."

"He's... dead?" Kyle mouthed, barely audible but he knew everyone in the room heard him. He saw Katie crouch down in front of him, and he felt her take his right hand. He barely noticed that she began to clean it with a damp cloth. "I killed him?"

"Kyle," Katie said slowly, drawing his eyes to her. "Listen to me. You didn't kill him. The actions that caused his death were all his, not yours. You didn't even choose to pull the trigger."

"Oh fuck." Kyle slowly brought his free hand up to rub his forehead, a gesture that did nothing to ease the pain in his head. "You're sure he's...."

"Definitely," Connor nodded. "If it's any consolation, it would have been really quick for him."

"Fuck," Kyle murmured, not sure what to think. It was all so confusing, his head was throbbing, his eyesight wasn't right. "We're not prisoners?"

"No, Kyle," Katie said gently. "You're safe, Edwin's gone. You're in the bunker."

"After I found the light switch, I checked Edwin and found him dead," Connor said slowly. "So then I moved you in here and went and got your sisters. Patricia came along too."

"So..." Kyle looked around at the faces, knowing he had to explain what he was doing, why he was pointing a gun at Edwin. "He was trying to blackmail us."

"We know," Kara said flatly, her expression full of disgust. "Connor told us, and Patricia told us too. Fucking perverted sneaky cunt."

"Did he really... Was he really obsessed with me?" Patricia asked quietly.

Kyle nodded then grimaced at the shooting pain. "Got to stop doing that," He muttered, then slowly looked at Patricia. "Yeah. He was crazy. Not right in the head. He made Sarah dress up as you sometimes. Told me I had to leave you here when we go."

He saw her shudder, and he reached out with his left hand, taking hers. He gave it a squeeze.

"He's really dead?" Kyle said a moment later, still not believing it. It hadn't sunk in yet, and he was feeling a little numb. He knew he should be feeling guilty for having killed a man, or concerned about possible murder charges, or even anger, but he wasn't feeling anything.

"Yep," Connor replied.

"If he wasn't, I'd have shot him myself," Kara added, folding her arms.

Kyle looked up at Connor. "He said he had videos."

"Aye, there's a security room full of monitors next door. Every bloody structure on this island is riddled with cameras, and there must be some in the trees too," The Scotsman explained. "Seems like there's barely a foot of the place without a camera covering it."

"They're in our rooms, Kyle," Katie said. "Bedrooms, bathrooms, everywhere."

"Fucking awesome install job, hiding them like that," Connor added, shrugging as he got several angry looks. "If this place ever gets attacked like Necker Island was, then you'll be able to sit down here, call in the cavalry and tell them exactly where all the bad guys are. It's a hell of an asset from a security point of view."

"From a creepy perverts point of view too," Kara added sourly.

"That was how Edwin used it," Connor replied. "And yes, he abused it. But don't consider for one minute getting rid of it. There may come a day when you'll need it and it'll save your lives and dozens of others on this island. Trust me," He finished, tapping his walking stick against his leg, reminding them bluntly of the injury he carried from just such an event.

Kyle hadn't even thought that far ahead, but he didn't like the idea of anyone being able to spy on him.

"Besides," Connor continued, "You three can keep each other honest, and Patricia knows about it too. Just agree to only use it in the event of an emergency, or a serious crime, and make sure the others don't abuse it. There's a more pressing concern anyway, and that's what the hell we're going to do about Edwin."

"I told you," Kara said quickly. "Get him in a speedboat, take him out for a couple of miles and tie an anchor around his legs. Heave him overboard and problem solved."

"That won't work," Katie said quietly. "People will look for him tomorrow, and they'll know he can't have just vanished. We have to either be honest or come up with a cover story that includes his.. corpse."

"Can we ask George Crowler?" Kyle said, thinking aloud. "He knows there's a safehouse here. He did some financial digging for me, and he knows Edwin's up to something."

"That's involving more people," Kara protested immediately.

"Sometimes it's important to involve the right people," Connor said quickly. "If he's already in the know, and he's your lawyer, then there's a good chance he'll help you figure this out."

"Katie?" Kyle asked.

She shrugged. "We could do with the help, I think."

"I'm voting we get him. Patricia, can you go and wake him up and bring him down here please?" Kyle asked. "It'll save Connor climbing that ladder again."

"Sure."

"We didn't come down the ladder," Kara said. "There's a staircase that leads up to a hidden door in the floor of the bar, next to the pool. We came down there."

"Really?" Kyle asked. "How did....?"

"I found it when I had a quick look around. It looks like there's three entrances and exits from this place. The ladder up to the courtyard, the stairs leading to the bar, and a long tunnel that leads off towards either the clinic or the helipad. Not quite sure exactly, but you can check that another time."

"Holy shit," Kyle murmured. "So this place isn't just a panic room then?"

"Feel up to a tour?" The Scotsman asked, smirking. "It's very impressive."

Kyle moved forward to stand up, but got a momentary surge of nausea.

"I might need a hand," He said, blinking and taking a deep breath.

Katie immediately stood up and moved to his left, while Connor opened the door. Kyle's eyes fell to Kara who frowned, but came over to his right.

"Come on then, Kyle," Kara muttered, putting a hand under his arm and taking his hand in hers. Katie matched her on his left.

"Three, two, one. Up," Kara said, and Kyle pushed up with his legs, noting that gravity was trying it's best to confuse him, but he felt Kara and Katie slip under his arms and he was able to lean on their shoulders for some stability. He needed it.

"What a fucking invalid," He murmured, drawing a chuckle from Kara.

"You've got a concussion, Kyle," Katie reminded him. "We should really get the Doctor down here too."

"No," Kyle said, swallowing another surge of nausea as he wobbled on unsteady legs. "The less people down here, the better."

"Says the guy who invited the lawyer," Kara grumbled.

"Whatever," Katie replied. "Want to try and walk forward to the door?"

Kyle nodded and took a tentative step. His knees felt weak, and he got this image in his head of him walking like a Thunderbirds puppet, but he managed a couple of steps, heavily supported by his sisters.

As Katie slid in front of him to go through the doorway first, Kara pulled the door wide and Kyle got a brief glimpse of the doorway opposite. A dark grey woolen blanket lay over Edwin to one side of the doorway, and a massive pool of blood covered the floor, with a big streak of it heading across the room towards him.

Kyle froze. "Fuck."

Katie interposed herself between him and the room. "Look at me, Kyle."

He tried to see around her, but she repeated herself another twice and he settled his gaze on her.

"Kyle, you have to remember, he's the one that pulled the trigger. It's not your fault, okay?"

He took a deep breath, knowing he'd have to see 'it' sooner or later. He was about to move forward when a realisation struck him. The long bloodstreak on the floor must have been from when Connor dragged him in. The sticky sensation on his back was Edwin's blood.

"I have to get this top off," He said urgently. "Now."

Kyle released his hold on Katie and grabbed the bottom of his shirt, but he felt himself immediately begin to topple backwards.

Kara tried to hold onto him and Katie grabbed him, steadying him for a moment, and the two sisters exchanged a look, then lowered him to the bed.

"I've got his blood on me," Kyle said, desperate to get his top off.

"Easy, Kyle," Katie said. "We'll help you, okay?"

Kara stood at his side and began to tug the top up, and with Katie helping hold up his arms, they pulled the top over his head. Kara threw it into the corner, and Kyle grimaced when he looked at it, all covered in blood.

Katie crouched down at his feet and began to work at the laces of his sneakers.

"What?" Kyle began, but Kara cut him off.

"Kyle, you're plastered in the stuff. Right from the back of your neck to your heels. I'm gonna get a clean cloth and some water."

Kyle knew he looked as disgusted as he felt. "Is there a shower?"

"You won't manage it on your own, and besides, Mister Crowler's coming back down," Katie pointed out. She unlaced and removed his left shoe, then went to work on his right.

Kyle began to shiver, perhaps with the cool air on his sticky skin, and Katie noticed.

"We'll get you a blanket or something once you're clean, Kyle."

He nodded and lifted his foot as Katie pulled his other shoe off, then both his socks. She gave him an apologetic look and began to unfasten his belt. "You're gonna have to stand up again, Kyle."

He nodded, and put his hands on her shoulders, felt her hands gripping his waist and he pushed up.

Katie managed to steady him, and working with one hand holding him up she began to unbutton his trousers. Kara appeared just as she was finishing, and Katie turned her head.

"Can you give me a hand? He's covered in the stuff."

Kara didn't look too happy, but nodded, lowered the bucket she carried and came around to the side of him, then unceremoniously tugged hard, pulling his trousers right down to his ankles.

"Going commando, huh?" She muttered, getting a chuckle from Katie.

Kyle felt no embarassment at being naked in front of either of them. The only thing he could think about was getting Edwin's blood off his skin. That and how cold he felt.

"Cloth?" He asked, reaching a hand towards the bucket.

Kara rolled her eyes. "Like you'll be able to do it." She wrung out a blue flannel and then knelt on the bed behind him.

Kyle felt her washing his neck, and to his surprise, she was very gentle and tender with him, moving the cloth in slow swipes, pausing every so often to rinse it and wring it out. It left him standing there facing Katie, who was trying not to laugh.

"It's not funny, Katie," He said, shivering.

"No, just thinking how different this is from the last time I saw you naked," She said, trying not to smile. "Long time ago."

"Seems like a lifetime," He murmured.

"You two aren't going to keep reminiscing, are you?" Kara asked. "Only, I sent Connor upstairs to get you some clean clothes and he'll be back in a minute."

"Thanks," Kyle replied. "The sooner he gets here, the better. This is surreal enough, but I'm really fucking cold."

"I'll hurry up."

Kara's motions became a lot more forceful, working in broader strokes, and in moments she'd cleaned his back, his waist and buttocks and his legs. Kyle was shivering hard now, perhaps a mixture of reaction setting in or the after-effects of the concussion, and the dampness on his bare skin.

"Can I get a blanket or something?" He asked, trying not to let his teeth chitter.

"Jesus, Kyle. You're freezing," Kara said, placing a hand on his back. She got off the bed and opened one of the closets that lined the right hand wall. It was empty, so she opened the second one and found a large white duvet. Grabbing it in one hand, she pulled it out and with her free hand she yanked the blood-stained duvet off the bed.

It took her only a few seconds to shake the clean one out, and then she pulled it back and joined Katie to help him in.

Kyle lay down on his side in the middle of the bed, shaking and shivering as his sisters tucked the soft white quilt around him, hoping to help him heat up, but it didn't seem to be helping. He knew if he just hung in there he would heat up eventually, but the shivering seemed to be getting worse.

"Oh for fucks sake," Kara muttered and pulled the duvet back. She slid in behind him, then pulled the quilt over them both, and as she snuggled in behind Kyle she gave Katie a pointed look. "He'll heat up really quickly this way, and we're both dressed. Get in."

Kyle could feel Kara behind him, her legs nudging into his, and then Katie was sliding in, her back to him and the white duvet was over the three of them. He was sandwiched between his sisters, and he slid his arm around Katie's waist.

It seemed so familiar, the minute adjustments that seemed so natural, instinctive, yet made it so comfortable and intimate and perfect. He could feel Katie adjusting her hips slightly, her hand covering his and pulling it under her ribs, just like she had three years ago. His upper leg slid between hers, and he felt Kara's leg resting on his inner thigh, right behind his, mirroring the bend of his knee. Her upper arm slid in between his stomach and Katie's back, and he felt her fingers slide under him, just as his did under Katie.

Kyle still shivered, but he was held in the warm embrace of both his sisters, and their body heat was already making a difference.

"Kara?" Katie said quietly.

"Yeah?"

"How's that feel?" Kyle could almost hear the note of self-satisfaction in her voice.

Kara sighed behind him. "Yeah, I'll give you that one. I should have done this sooner."

"It is amazing, right?" Katie continued. "It's not just me thinking that?"

"No. Not just you."

"It's just so..."

"Katie?"

"Yes?"

"Sometimes it's better not to talk," Kara said quietly, and despite himself, Kyle smiled.

They lay there in silence for a few minutes, and to Kyle, it felt incredibly comforting. It was a comfort to know his sisters were there, it was comforting to feel their touch, and just to know they cared about him despite what had just happened.

"Hello?" They heard Connor call, and by some unspoken signal, both Katie and Kara rolled out the bed, leaving Kyle under the covers. Katie sat down on the bed and Kara walked towards the door.

"In here," She said.

Connor appeared in the doorway with a bundle of clothes in his arms and handed them to Kara.

"Give us a minute. We've just cleaned him up, and we'll get him dressed."

The Scotsman nodded and turned away, closing the door behind him.

"Right, you," Katie said firmly, hauling back the covers. Kara tossed a pair of dark blue jeans to Katie and dropped a hooded jersey and sneakers on the foot of the bed. She came around to the other side of it.

"Sorry about this," Kyle said softly, now feeling a little embarassed at his nudity.

"Shut up, Kyle," Kara said briskly as she helped Katie maneuvre the trousers round his feet. Kyle had to roll onto his back to get the jeans pulled up, and he felt more than a little self-conscious as he lifted his hips and his cock flopped to the side as his sisters pulled the trousers on.

"You can tuck yourself in, I think," Kara said, grinning at his obvious discomfort.

"Kara," Katie said, admonishing her.

"What? It's not like either of us haven't had close contact with his cock before, is it?"

"Long time ago," Katie said quickly. "Different circumstances too. This is different."

Kara rolled her eyes while Kyle said nothing, focussing on doing up the zipper and buttons.

"Probably easier if I sit up to get the top on, right?" He asked, hoping to move the conversation on.

"Sure," Katie replied, reaching for his hands to help.

1...3637383940...42