Threads: The Island

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kyle suffered another burst of nausea as he swung himself upright, but he was a little relieved to note that it seemed to be getting less intense, and didn't seem to last as long. With luck he'd be able to get back on his feet soon.

Kara came round with the top and the two of them helped him pull it on, then took a foot each and laced up his sneakers.

"Better?" Katie asked.

"Much," Kyle agreed. "Can't wait to get a shower though. And thanks for this, you two. You didn't have to and I really appreciate it."

"I don't know," Kara said, sounding weary. "We get into bed with him when he's naked and he thanks us for putting his shoes on? He's definitely a weirdo."

Katie chuckled, while Kyle managed a smile. "And thanks for everything else too," Kyle added.

Connor knocked on the door and opened it. "That's Patricia here with Mister Crowler."

"Okay," Kyle replied. "We'll be right out."

It took a few minutes, but with Katie and Kara's help, Kyle managed to get on his feet and out the bedroom door. The living space was small but well furnished, with a couple of sofas and armchairs facing a large TV, a dining table and an open plan kitchen off to the right, and four doors leading to other rooms.

Kyle could see another heavy door, similar to the one where Edwin's body lay. It was at the far right end of the room, and Patricia stood waiting there with a very serious George Crowler.

"Thanks for coming, George," Kyle said as his sisters helped him to a seat at the table.

"I take it that's Edwin under the blanket?" The lawyer asked, a stern expression on his face.

"Yeah. Connor wrapped him up," Kyle said, not turning to look. He didn't want to see it.

"I'll ask everyone to go into a different room, and I'll interview you each one at a time," The old man said briskly. "Kyle, you're first. Just stay where you are. The rest of you I'll ask not to discuss this until I've spoken to each of you."

Kyle turned to see his sisters, Patricia and Connor all standing there.

"Off you go please," George said firmly.

As they drifted off, the lawyer sat down opposite Kyle and looked at him. "Start from the beginning, Kyle."

It took nearly two hours before George Crowler finished his questionning of each of them, finally satisfied that there wasn't already a cover-up in place. While Kyle sat drinking a bottle of water and silently thanking whatever chemist had invented paracetomol, the old man sat them down at the table and spoke to them.

"Firstly, I wish you all to understand that I needed to know there wasn't already a cover-up in place, and that what you were telling me was the truth. I am satisfied for now that this is the case. Second, from a legal point of view, we're in mixed territory, as it were."

"How?" Kyle asked.

"The law states simply that if you're being blackmailed you should contact the police, not take matters into your own hands. Nor should you hold someone at gunpoint. As for the killing, you fired the weapon due to the attack from your assailant, and you didn't pull the trigger of your own volition. The fact that there was a ricochet would suggest the most you would be charged with would be something along the lines of manslaughter. The fact that you were investigating a potential blackmail and allegations of sexual assault stands in your stead, particularly as you were effectively the manager of the person in question. Further, the already proven deception of denying knowledge of the safehouse, the attempted manipulation and seduction, and his attempt to blackmail you into leaving Patricia here on the Island suggest that he admitted guilt and you were correct in your attempt to detain him."

"Right," Kyle said, frowning as he tried to figure out if he was legally guilty of something or not.

"Further complicating the legalities is the unique situation we find ourselves in concerning jurisdiction, specifically that the Island is technically a sovereignty in it's own right and doesn't fall under the laws of the United States or the local laws of Guadeloupe, which is technically part of France and is subject to EU law, despite us having requested the assistance of the local police or customs in the past."

"This Island is it's own country?" Katie asked.

"Technically yes, although we enjoy a partnership of sorts with Guadeloupe, yet we retain our own rights as and when it suited Mister Tripps to exercise them."

"So we're like the sovereigns of the Island then?" Katie said slowly.

"In effect, yes," Mister Crowler stated. "In addition there are technically no laws written down for the Island, nor is there a police force, a court system, or a method of legal representation."

"So what happened if someone was stealing or some shit like that?" Kara asked, looking very confused.

"Mister Tripps or Edwin fired them. Investigations were usually conducted with the Head of Security for the Island, and a decision was reached by the ranking person on the Island. There's never been anything as serious as a death to deal with before."

"So as one of the three ranking people on the Island, I could just decide that the matters been investigated and declare Kyle not guilty of any crimes?" Katie asked, watching the old man.

A slight smile twitched at his lips. "In essence, yes, Miss Katie, you could declare your brother exempt from prosecution, and issue a pardon to Mister Grant too, however it would be most irregular."

"Nothing about this week has been regular," Kyle muttered. "What do we do now, George."

"Nothing," Katie said quickly. "I'm declaring you not guilty. Kara?"

"Fuck it, yeah. I'm with Katie on this. Not fucking guilty."

"That's a majority, George," Katie said simply.

The smile vanished from the lawyers face. "I beg you not to consider going down that route."

"So what route are you suggesting?"

"That we brief Brian Kane as Head of Security, explain to him that Sarah approached Kyle and made allegations against Edwin of sexual assault and blackmail. During the course of your investigation you began to suspect that Edwin was also keeping back the location of a safehouse faciility from you and your sisters."

"Okay," Kyle said, nodding slowly.

"During the course of your investigation you asked me to find any evidence that such a facility might exist and you asked Connor Grant to assist you with protection, surveillance and investigation. Your investigation confirmed that Edwin visited a safehouse facility late each night, that the allegations of sexual assault were verified and you decided to detain Edwin with Connors assistance."

"That's pretty much what happened anyway," Kyle said.

"The difference being is that Sarah initiated the whole thing, understand?" The lawyer said firmly. "You didn't know who you could trust, or if you were under surveillance yourself, so you kept it close and didn't involve anyone you didn't know."

"As in Brian Kane, the Head of Security for the Island who worked directly for Edwin?" Kyle said, catching on.

"Exactly," The old man nodded. "So, you and Mister Grant detained Edwin as he was entering the safehouse, and he admitted the sexual assault, threatened to blackmail you and your sisters and you refused him. You then ordered him to open the safehouse, during which he manipulated you into splitting up, nearly trapping you behind the door. Then he turned all the lights off, at which point you pulled a pistol. Edwin hit you with the tazer forcing your finger to fire your weapon while you toppled to the ground and got concussed. The rest is simply as it happened. Mister Grant joined you, found the light switch, attempted medical treatment on Edwin but found him dead, provided you with medical treatment then sought assistance."

"So pretty much as it happened except that Sarah initiated it, and I only pulled a gun when he tried to escape into the safehouse?" Kyle asked.

"Yes, and put that way, Brian Kane will be able to find no fault in your actions."

"So what do we about him?" Connor asked softly. "We can't leave him there."

"I would suggest we speak to Brian and ask him for suggestions on how to explain the situation," George said. "If it's okay with each of you, I'll go and see him now and explain the situation to him."

"Fine by me," Kyle said, yawning despite feeling wide awake. "What time is it?"

"Three thirty," Patricia replied.

"Jesus," Kyle muttered, surprised it was still the middle of the night. "So what do we do now?"

"Connor, have you had a look at the entry system?"

"Aye, I've had a look. I take it you want me to add these three as users?"

"Yes, please. We will require access again in the future, and I would suggest that no-one is permitted access unless either Katie, Kara or Kyle is present," The lawyer replied. "Further, it would be wise to remove any other users from the system."

"I can do that. Danny Tripps was smart enough to leave an instruction manual next to the computer controlling it," Connor replied, smirking.

"After that I would suggest you all return to your rooms and await a visit from myself and Mister Kane. Connor, can I suggest you perhaps stay around the main house for the time being too?"

"Sure," He nodded.

"So does that mean I can get a shower now?" Kyle asked, knowing Kara had washed him clean but still convinved he had the old mans blood on him.

"As soon as you've sorted out the access protocols," George nodded.

"What about him?" Connor asked, jerking his thumb at the corpse on the far side of the room.

"We'll deal with that after we've spoken to Mister Kane." At that the old man nodded and stood up. "And no alcohol for the time being please."

"Okay," Kyle said. "Connor?"

The Scotsman nodded and led them to the Control room. Kyle was still a little unsteady on his feet, but with Patricia holding his hand, he was able to cross the room with little difficulty.

The control room was astonishing to each of them, as they saw the images on the array of monitors, with one of the large screens showing a picture of Kyle's room from above his bed, another showing footage from a camera in the corner of his bathroom above the shower. The other screens showed a variety of areas around the Island, some of the garden areas, some of the main house, a couple of Edwin's apartment and the courtyard outside the kitchens.

Connor directed their attention to a small desk at the side of the room, where he asked each of them to press their hands on a scanner, and then asked them to come up with a password. They settled on a six digit number, and Kara was sent out to test it. She got back in with no difficulty, and when Katie did the same, the five of them left the bunker.

Kyle hadn't been up this way yet, and he followed the stairs that went up from the bunker's kitchen area, then right, then left and into a small landing with a carpeted metal staircase topped by a flat door that he could see lifted on counterweights.

Connor pushed a button on the wall and there was a barely audible click. The ceilng swung upwards, revealing the interior of the bar area, next to the pool. The five of them climbed the stairs and Kyle looked around, surprised to see them behind the bar counter. Connor pushed a button recessed into the section of the floor that was currently up in the air, and it swung down and merged seamlessly with the bar floor, hiding the access point to the safehouse.

"How do we get it open again?" Kyle asked, seeing four blank faces looking back at him.

"I guess you go back down the ladder," Connor said, shrugging. "There'll be an instruction manual downstairs to open this one, I'm guessing."

"i hope so," Kyle muttered.

He followed his sisters and Patricia upstairs and Katie and Kara sat down on his balcony, taking their usual late-night spots. Connor took the fourth chair and Patricia sat on the arm of Kyle's seat, draping her arm around his neck.

Kyle picked up his cigarettes from where he'd left them hours ago and lit up. Kara took one, as did Connor, and to his surprise, so did Patricia.

"I thought you only smoked when you'd been drinking."

"I wish I was drinking right now," Patricia muttered. "That's good enough for me."

"I take it we're not leaving at lunchtime anymore?" Katie said a moment later.

"Can't see it," Kara replied.

"I'll take care of it," Patricia said without moving. "We can delay the departure until tonight, but we don't want to put it off much further than that."

They sat there in silence consumed by their own thoughts until Katie stood up and came over to give Kyle a hug. "I'm going for a shower. Glad you're not dead, Kyle."

"Me too," He said immediately.

"Me three," Kara added, clasping Katie's hand and giving it a squeeze as she wandered off to her suite.

"I could do with a shower myself and some clean clothes, if that's a possibility Kyle?" Connor asked.

Kyle nodded and Patricia got up. "You can use my room. I'll get you some of Kyle's clothes."

"Help yourself to whatever you need, Connor. And thanks for getting my back, man."

"Nae bother," The Scotsman winked. "I know you haven't dealt with anything like this before, but I have. Guys like that. They're like dogshit and sooner or later someone has to deal with them. Better he's dealt with and dead by his own actions, than he gets his hands on your sisters, or Patricia here. It's never a pleasure, but sometimes it's good to see karma in action, know what I mean?"

Kyle frowned but nodded.

"I'll get showered and then I'll be back out here, smoking your cigarettes." Connor headed inside with Patricia, leaving Kyle and Kara out on the balcony.

"So how you doing, Kara?"

"I wish you'd told me everything that was going on," She said bluntly. "I can see how you didn't know if it was safe, but from now on, you don't keep any secrets from me, right?"

"I only did what I thought safe to do, Kara," Kyle said after a moment. "I'm sorry if you feel cut out the loop, but I didn't want you in danger."

"I can take care of myself, Kyle."

"I don't doubt it," He said quickly. "But I thought I could take care of myself too, I had Connor protecting me and I had a gun, but as Katie pointed out, I nearly died. If that ricochet had gone another way, or if he'd pulled a gun instead of a tazer it might have been game over for me."

"Well I don't want that to happen to you," She said quickly. "That's why I want you to talk to me in future and don't keep anything back. You might have noticed but I'm not good at trusting people. I've lived most of my life feeling alone and taking a step forward to try and trust you and Katie isn't easy for me, Kyle. When you keep secrets it feels like you're betraying me."

Kyle rubbed at his head and took a last drag of his cigarette before stubbing it out.

"I get that it's not easy for you, Kara. I understand that. You've had a life I can barely comprehend, but I'm here for you, anytime you want to talk. I didn't involve you because I thought we were all being watched and if I told you, I was worried you'd become a target. That's why I kept it secret. It won't happen in the future though, okay? I'm sorry you feel betrayed, but I didn't keep it from you as a betrayal, but to keep you from harm. Don't ask me not to keep you from harm though, because that's not gonna happen."

"Just don't ever lie to me, okay?" Kara stated.

"I won't. That has to be quid pro quo though."

"What?"

"Quid pro quo?"

"Yeah. What's that mean?"

"Oh, it's like..." Kyle shrugged. "If I do it, you do it. We both exchange the same, fair trade kinda thing."

"Why didn't you say that?"

"I did." Kyle said, smiling slightly. "I won't keep any secrets from you, so you don't keep any secrets from me. Fair enough?"

Kara nodded. "Cool. Which reminds me, I'll have something to tell you about, but not just now. It can wait for a day or two."

Kyle nodded. "If it's not life-threatening right now, then I'm happy remaining in the dark."

She smiled briefly. "Yeah, it's definitely not life-threatening. Go get showered, Kyle. I'm going downstairs to get some coffee."

"See you in a bit."

Kyle headed inside and through to his bedroom, spotting Patricia coming out his bathroom.

"Is Connor in your bathroom?" He asked.

"Yes. Come on in here," She replied. "I've drawn you a bath. Thought it might help you relax a little."

Kyle nodded slowly. "That sounds great. I hope you're getting in too."

She rolled her eyes as if he was dumb. "Of course I am."

"I'm showering first though, just in case." Kyle was all too aware that he'd been covered in Edwin's blood and wanted to make sure it was cleaned off.

He followed her into the bathroom, and he could see the tub with it's usual blue-green coloured water from the concoction of bath salts. Patricia stopped him and helped him off with his top, then efficiently removed her own clothes while Kyle kicked off his sneakers and trousers.

She headed into the shower first, getting the water running and when Kyle joined her, she washed his back from head to heels while he did his front. As soon as he rinsed off, she turned off the water and led him out to the bath.

"Want a hand getting in?" She asked carefully.

Kyle shook his head. "I can manage."

He did wobble once, but soon he was sat in the blissfully hot water and moments later Patricia slid in behind him, her legs sliding around his hips, his body resting on hers.

"Close your eyes, Kyle," She said softly in his ear, and he did.

Patricia began to slowly soap him up, working his muscles one at a time to try and ease some of the tension from his frame. Kyle had no idea how much time had passed, but he felt good in her arms and the familiarity of her touch soothed him.

She bade him to sit forward and her hands began their work on his back, working the kinks out his muscles and trying to ease the tension in his frame.

"How you feeling?" She asked eventually.

"Better. More relaxed," He added, slowly opening his eyes. "My head's still sore, but much better. Thankyou."

"My pleasure," She murmured, lowering him back down into her arms. "I'm glad he's not watching us any more, Kyle. I'm glad he's gone."

"I didn't want him dead," Kyle admitted. "But it feels somehow... inevitable. Like I can't think of how else it could have ended well for us without him being dead."

"It was an impossible situation," She said quietly. "Did he really want you to leave me here?"

Kyle sighed. "He did. I didn't tell you before, Patricia, because I needed you to react normally, but I think Edwin's been spying on you for some time. Like a stalker."

"How did you know that?" He felt her arms wrapping a little tighter around him, seeking her own security and comfort, he guessed.

"Sarah told me," He replied slowly, knowing he didn't want to tell her the next bit, but knowing he really had to. "He used to make her dress in a business suit and a blonde wig, then make her strip and touch herself in the shower while he jerked off on her."

There was silence for quite a while as Patricia processed it. He knew she must be feeling violated, disturbed, and probably a whole lot of other stuff too, but he resisted the urge to talk, wanting to let her deal with it in her own way.

"I take it back," She said a few moments later, her tone low and grim. "I wish I'd shot that bastard myself, right in the balls. Urgh! What a...."

"Fucking creep?"

"And then some," She replied. "Urgh. I guess my days of fingering myself in the shower are over."

"If you ever feel the need and you're not already in it, you can do it in my bed any time you like."

"I know. It's just..." She sighed. "He really did all that?"

"I'm afraid so."

"Then I'm glad he's gone. We just need to figure out what to do now. I don't want you getting arrested or anything, Kyle."