Threads: The Island

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That makes two of us," He replied.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we swap around? I kinda need a hug."

Kyle didn't bother replying. He simply stood up slowly, let her slide down the bath and sat down behind her. Patricia leaned back between his legs and half-turned so she was lying on her side, her face resting on his chest.

He gently brushed his fingers down her arm, an intimate touch, and she took his hand in hers.

"You okay?" He asked a moment later, wrapping his other arm around her.

"Might need a few more of these in the next few days," She admitted.

"Any time you like, Patricia."

They lay there for another ten minutes until Kara called through to let them know Mister Crowler had returned with Brian Kane in tow, along with a yawning Captain Wales. Kyle and Patricia quickly dried and dressed, then went out to meet them in the lounge of Kyle's suite, with the doors securely closed. +6 To their surprise, Brian greeted them with warm handshakes, admitting a moment later that he suspected for a long time that there was something off about Edwin, and that when Mister Crowler told him what had happened, he wasn't really that surprised.

Mister Crowler then briefed them on Brian's suggestion on how to deal with the situation. It seemed very simple, so much so that Kyle kept looking for holes in it.

Over the next couple of hours, Edwin's body was to be wrapped in the bloodstained rugs, taped up and secured in trash bags and brought to the top of the hidden staircase. At seven o'clock in the morning, Brian and his team would gather every person on the Island in the Clubhouse for a meeting. As soon as everyone was there, Kyle and Connor would carry the body through the deserted Island to the pier where Captain Wales would be waiting onboard the Betsy. Connor and Captain Wales would then take Edwin's corpse out to sea, weight it and sink it, while Kyle joined his sisters in the Clubhouse. Brian and Mister Crowler would then tell the staff that Edwin had been dismissed with immediate effect for allegations of sexual assault on a member of staff, and assault on Kyle when confronted about it.

The story would be presented that while the staff were in the Clubhouse, Connor and Captain Wales were transporting Edwin to a waiting aircraft at Guadeloupe, where he would be flown back to England. His personal items would follow in due course. In the meantime, Mister Crowler would be taking over as interim Manager until someone else could be appointed.

"As simple as that?" Kyle asked. "You honestly think they'll accept it?"

"You can't tell the staff what actually happened," Brian Kane stated. "You can't keep a secret if a hundred people know about it. So it's a lot simpler if you don't have a corpse. You have a live person who's been dismissed. If you dismissed him, then you would want to gather everyone together and let them know, and you would whisk him off the Island pronto. In effect, that's what we're telling them."

"It has to be believable though."

"He wasn't liked, Kyle," Brian replied, shrugging. "People will believe bad things about people they don't like. It is absolutely important though, that when you move the body there are no drips of blood or evidence of anything untoward."

Kyle and Connor both nodded.

"I'll help you downstairs," Katie said a moment later.

"No," Kyle said immediately, shaking his head. "I have to do this, and if Connor wants to help, then that's fine, but you or Kara aren't helping me. I have to do this. My actions, my consequences, even if it was all his fault."

"I don't want to help," Kara said immediately, frowning. She shrugged apologetically. "Sorry, but I don't."

"Well I don't either, but I'll do it," Katie said, frowning at her sister.

"Well, I'll do it myself," Kyle said. "Besides we'll need both of you down at the clubhouse to lend weight to the seriousness of the meeting."

"Work it out among yourselves," Mister Crowler said, cutting them off. "Are you content that this is how we'll deal with the present situation?"

Katie and Kara nodded, Connor shrugged and Patricia didn't say anything, but Kyle looked at Captain Wales. "What about you, Captain? You're being asked to be a part of this, and it's not a nice thing being asked of you."

"Son, I was a US Navy SEAL for nearly twenty years," The sailor replied. "I've served all over the world, done missions that will remain classified until long after I'm dead, and I've done things in service to my country that I can't ever talk about. As for this?" He shrugged. "This is nothing. It's disposing of the trash in a way that keeps it clean for everyone involved. Don't be worrying about me, Kyle."

Kyle thought for a second, aware that everyone was watching him closely. "Okay. Let's do it. Brian, how will we know when it's safe to bring Edwin outside?"

"I've got a radio for you. I'll call you on it and just ask you to make your way to the Clubhouse. That'll do for a code to say 'move the body'. Just radio me back once the Betsy is on it's way."

"What will I say then?"

He shrugged. "Something simple. 'Be there in a minute' will do, I expect."

Kyle looked to Connor. "Want to get started?"

"Aye, might as well," The Scotsman replied. "Now that I'm all showered. Hey, what about the clothes with blood on them?"

"Give them to me," Patricia said. "I'll wash them in the bathtub."

"Okay," Kyle replied, looking at each person in the room. "And thanks, all of you. Your help and understanding won't be forgotten."

Captain Wales grinned as he stood up. "Just remember that when it comes to payrise negotiations, son."

It took Kyle and Connor forty minutes to wrap Edwin's body in the rugs, then tape it all tight. Another layer of trashbags was secured tight around that, then every joint was sealed with tape, with another layer over the top of it all.

They were both plastered in the sticky blood and the smell of it was in Kyle's nostrils, making him feel nauseous on more than one occasion. Strangely the close proximity of the body didn't make him feel uncomfortable, scared or upset, perhaps because it seemed to him that it was really just a body. It seemed uninhabited to him, perhaps disassociating it from Edwin, the personality, making his job of wrapping it a little easier.

They brought it up to the staircase under the bar, then returned and began to scrub the floor clean, sorting the place out in anothet twenty minutes. Kyle suggested they stop for a cigarette before heading back upstairs and they took the opportunity to have a look around the underground safehouse.

The main room was broken up into sections in an open-plan style, with a lounge area at one end, a small dining table half way up and a kitchen area at the other end. Two doors led from the kitchen, one to a food storeroom, the other up to the bar. Opposite the dining table was two doors, one leading to the kitchen courtyard above, the other to the room with all the CCTV cameras and security controls. Other doors led to a bedroom and a small bathroom with a shower cubicle.

Overall the place was spartan and simple, but it had several home comforts, ranging from a unit with several hundred DVD's in it, a couple of laptop computers and a bookcase full of classics. In the security room there was a couple of cabinets, and Connor found the keys in a drawer. The first contained a selection of pistols, shotguns and rifles, along with ammo, body armour, torches, batteries and a pair of night-vision goggles. The other cabinet contained cases and cases of DVD's, each marked with a serial number.

Kyle wanted to have a look and see if he could find an index of what was on each DVD, but Connor reminded him they had to get cleaned up again before the staff started appearing to begin their morning work. On the plus side though, he'd found the schematics for a hidden button in the bar that would allow the hatch to be opened.

They returned to Kyle's suite, got cleaned up and changed, and then sat on the balcony waiting for the call from Brian, chain-smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. Time dragged on and on, but at quarter to seven some of the Islands security staff appeared and asked everyone to come immediately to the clubhouse. Ed grumbled like one of the grouches on the Muppet show at being ushered out his room, Casey looked a little sheepish as he and Margarita appeared in the same clothes as the night before, and while it took ten minutes, eventually Kara and Katie departed with them.

Patricia came over to Kyle and bent down next to him. "See you down there, Kyle. Be careful and make sure you compose yourself before you come in, okay?"

"I will," He nodded.

She gave him a peck on the cheek then left.

Without a word, Connor and Kyle headed down to the bar and opened the hatch.

The wait was frustrating and Kyle tapped his foot impatiently on the steps. He also realised that the covert activity was a little frightening, but a little exciting too.

"Is it weird that is a bit... exciting?"

Connor laughed. "In my line of work when it gets exciting that usually means somethings gone wrong. What you're experiencing is adrenalin and anxiety, probably frustration, impatience, fear and probably a whole load of other emotional shit too. It's only natural given the circumstances, but just try and chill. Be patient. It'll happen when it happens, and then it'll be over and done with, and you're on to the next part of the job."

"Fucking weirdest night ever," Kyle muttered.

"You're doing okay, Kyle," Connor said a moment later.

"What? With a concussion after I killed a man?"

The Scotsman shrugged. "It's a lot to process. I've seen people lose the plot, panic, go numb. Some folk chunder."

"Chunder?"

"Aye, vomit."

Kyle chuckled. "Good word."

"We Scots have invented a few here and there. Some of them are even understandable."

"Aye," Kyle tried to say in his best Scottish impersonation, drawing a grin from Connor. Just at that the radio crackled, and Brian gave them the all clear.

"Let's do it," Connor said. "I'll take the feet, you take the upper body and I'll go in front. Take your time, alright."

Kyle nodded and moved to the corpse, wrapped into a neat cylinder with the rugs and trash bags. On Connors signal they lifted the body and Kyle grunted as they carried it up the steps and into the bar.

It felt really bizarre to be carrying a wrapped up body in broad daylight through a place he'd come to love, but with short steps, Connor and Kyle made their way through the main house, took the right onto the path past the kitchens, and then a few minutes later onto the beach.

Captain Wales was waiting for them with the gangplank ready and engines running, his crew sent to the clubhouse like everyone else.

They carried Edwins body along the pier, feeling exposed in the open, but Connor kept feeding Kyle advice to keep him calm and all too soon they were placing the body out of sight in the lounge of the catamaran.

"We'll take it from here, Kyle," Captain Wales said as Connor slumped into a seat. "And don't worry, no-ones going to cross paths with this perverted fucker again. Not even Nemo the clown-fish."

"Thanks, Captain," Kyle said, shaking his hand. "Connor, see you when you get back. And thanks again."

"Nae worries, Kyle."

He helped them cast off and then radioed Brian to let him know he'd be there in a couple of minutes. A smoke on the way there did nothing to reduce his nerves, but he kept taking deep breaths and felt a little calmer by the time he got to the clubhouse doors.

The inside was packed out, with nearly a hundred people there. He made his way to where Kara, Katie, George Crowler and Brian Kane waited on the stage and as he joined his sisters, the Security Chief called the room to silence.

"Thankyou for gathering here, and our apologies about the lack of notice, but we're dealing with some unusual circumstances here," He began, speaking loudly to the room. Kyle noticed the amount of frowns that looked back at them and he set his face in a neutral expression.

"Now, approximately ninety minutes ago, Master Kyle went to see Edwin in his apartment. With him was Connor Grant, a guest on the Island, and as many of you know, a Security specialist. Master Kyle was approached by a member of staff who will remain anonymous with allegations of sexual assault committed by Edwin on her on a number of occasions. After investigating the matter with the assistance of Mister Grant, Master Kyle approached Edwin and notified him he was under investigation."

A murmur ran around the room, and Kyle knew that every set of eyes on the room had looked at him.

"During the course of questionning him, and presenting evidence, Edwin attempted to assault Master Kyle, admitting his guilt during the attack. Thankfully Mister Grant was on hand and rendered assistance."

Another ripple of whispered conversation rushed around the room, gradually ceasing when Brian held up a hand for silence.

"At this point, lacking evidence for a criminal case, but knowing him to be guilty, Master Kyle dismissed Edwin from his position of Island Manager with immediate effect. Arrangements were made to fly him back to his home country of England, and Master Kyle has just returned from escorting him personally to Captain Wales' catamaran. Mister Grant is rendering his assistance to ensure that he is put on the aircraft waiting for him and they are on their way to do that right now."

Kyle could see many of the expressions had turned to smiles, some hidden, but many of the staff seemed pleased by the news. The rest looked either uninterested or weren't showing what they thought.

"Now obviously this leaves us with a post to be filled and Mister George Crowler has been asked to fill it on a temporary basis until the vacancy can be filled. In the meantime I'd like you all to render him every possible assistance in ensuring a smooth transition."

Kyle took a deep breath, knowing there was a couple of things that needed said and took a step forward, bringing a rushed whisper from the staff that quietened as he waited to speak.

"I'd like to add a few words," Kyle said loudly, looking around the room. "This situation with Edwin has come as a surprise to us all, but it's been dealt with. If there are problems on the Island then we want to know about them. You can trust me, and the same goes for Kara or Katie, and we all have the utmost faith in Mister Crowler too, so again, if there's problems, we want to know about them."

He paused for a moment, formulated his next point in his head, then continued.

"Next, I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know how impressed we've been over the last week. This place is a paradise, a piece of tropical heaven with the highest levels of service and standards that take a lot of hard work to achieve. We want to let you know that we're very grateful for all your work, and that we appreciate the commitment to excellence that you display in your professionalism and approach every single day."

He forced a smile onto his face. "It's important that we don't let the shadow of events last night fall over us, and that we continue to achieve exactly what we strive for. We're delaying our departure until tonight because we want to be here to deal with any unresolved issues, and because we'd like the opportunity for just a few more hours here. Let's forget what happened this morning, and make it a great day, okay?"

Kyle nodded and stepped back between his sisters. To his surprise a small round of applause broke out, and for want of a better response, he nodded again.

"Where did that come from?" Katie muttered.

"Just thought they needed reminding that they're the guys who actually make this place what it is," Kyle said quietly. "A pep talk of sorts."

"Commitment to excellence?" Kara murmured, leaning into him. "That was from one of the briefing papers, right?"

"Exactly," He said, winking. "It's a good line."

"They seemed to like it."

"Okay, people," Brian Kane said, calling the room to order again. "I'm going to hand you over now to Mister Crowler. Thanks for your patience and thanks for listening."

At that he stepped back and Mister Crowler stepped forward, Kyle could see all eyes in the room were on the old lawyer. "All team leaders. Please put your teams to work and come and see me in the next two hours. I'll be in Edwin's office in his apartment. Thankyou. Dismissed."

As the staff were all wandering out the door, chatting over the revelations they'd just been hit with, Kyle looked at Mister Crowler. "You kept that brief."

"I'm a big fan of letting people do the work they're employed to do," The old man smiled. "You nearly gave me a heart-attack when you stepped forward there. Nicely done."

Kyle shrugged. "No biggie. So can we head back to the house now?"

"The boat got away?"

Kyle nodded. "No problems."

"Good. I'll see you at lunch," George replied, turning to leave. "Brian, let's go."

"Work calls," The Security chief said, nodding at Kyle on his way past.

"Brian," Kyle said, grabbing his hand. "Thanks for this. All of it."

"No problem, sir, and if you don't mind me saying, Edwin was a bastard. I'm glad he's... off the Island."

It was two hours and forty minutes later when Connor finally appeared. A nervous Kyle greeted him and took him into the bar, glad to escape from the incessant mocking from Ed, who had decided that Kyle got beat up by an old man and was reeling out every relevant joke in his repertoire.

"How did it go?"

"Fine," Connor said, nodding his head. "Captain Wales turned off his GPS and headed mostly West for an hour or so. Nothing but water for ages, and then eventually he stopped, we chained an anchor round the corpse, added a charge, put a hole in the trash bags to let the air out, and put him over the side."

"Wait. What do you mean by a charge?" Kyle asked, frowning.

"Captain Wales idea," Connor said firmly. "Last thing you want is a body washing up on the beach or being discovered by scuba divers or something, so you make sure there's no body to find."

"So you exploded it?"

Kyle could mentally picture it and the thought of disposing of a body at sea where no-one would ever find it made him feel sick. Worse was the knowledge that they were going to explode it into pieces on the bottom of the ocean. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, reminding himself that Edwin was a piece of shit and had killed himself by his own actions.

Connor fixed him with a steady gaze and continued his report.

"He sank like a stone after we put him over the side, and we hung around for a few minutes, but the corpse didn't come back up, so we turned East again for a hundred metres or so and triggered the charge and waited. All clear, so we continued back to the East. About an hour later, Captain Wales turned the GPS back on and used it to navigate back here. He doesn't know the precise spot, I don't have a clue, and there's no way he's washing up on a beach," Connor concluded. "It's done, Kyle."

Kyle nodded, feeling a little relieved that it was done, but sick and disgusted all the same. "Thanks, Connor. For everything."

"Aye, you keep saying that, Kyle," The Scotsman replied, smiling a little. "I think I told you before a few days back. I like the chase, the imminent threat, and as my experience goes, this wasn't a big drama. There wasn't a kidnapping, or a pitched battle, no car chases or anything crazy, but it was good to do some work again. It's been a while."

"You sure I can't recruit you to head up my security detail?"

He shook his head. "I get bored with babysitting people when there's no specific threat and me and bored don't mix well. If you ever get one though, just give me a call and I'll be right there."