All Comments on 'Triad Ch. 07'

by SteveWallace

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The affair and other continuations

First let me say that I really loved "The Circle" Some have said that it was great but suffered from two many characters allowing for insufficient space for character development as additions to the circle started to pile up. Maybe that is true in part, eg. the addition of the four construction workers.

However I think that Triad has all the good and has avoided that small chuckhole to date. It is built on a different foundation from the circle, but Wallace's relationship theory is very similar and very appropriate for fantasy writing and possibly could have real life application if the right people were involved. Sadly their wouldn't be very many of them to chose from.

I was disappointed at first with the affair here between Anna and Sean. Mostly I wondered how it would eventually be resolved. The parallels between this and a soap opera drama are numerous and I wondered if the only way was "but the affair was only a dream of Jim's" a technique used in the past by daytime drama. But chapter 7 closed that episode brilliantly.

Now I see another opportunity. You know Sean is going to do this again and again with other actresses. So Tracey is going to get sick of it and divorce will come. (It is Hollywood.) So is this an opportunity for Tracey to come live with the Triad temporarily or at least derive significant emotional support from them?? And she brings a baby along!

arrowglassarrowglassabout 8 years ago
You got me again!

I am still addicted to your prose!!! Looking forward to more!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSteveWallace@SteveWallace
3396 Followers
A note on the story Loosening Up: Yes, it has many many characters. A PDF is available upon request listing the characters and placing them in some kind of perspective for the reader. Just email me (see below). Well over 18 ... even 30, hell 40 is way back there, oh hell, o...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Triad Ch. 06 Previous Part
Triad Series Info