All Comments on 'Trying To Measure Up To Saint Greg'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 137 Comments
karan9876karan9876over 9 years ago
Incomplete story

The story needs a better finish. it's incomplete. Ends with a question mark... This one has the potential to have a nice finish so complete it...

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Pretty Good***

Thanks for sharing!!

WILLACWILLACover 9 years ago
agree with karan

Unfinished.....great potential......you usually take it farther.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5*

Finish the damn story

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
almost as intense as it is unfinished ( and that's a lot )

I'm not complaining ...much. There were too many electric turns of phrase and an awful lot of narrative was packed into one page. I love how precariously the narrator is given a hold on reader sympathy. Yes-he suffered outrageous travails but some were brought upon himself by his own admission and canceling at last minute promised fiscal support of wedding is an extemely mean-spirited tactic,, sinking to stepdaughter's level.

My main complaint is where the tale leaves off. Did he walk away from enabling wife or reconcile ? That didn't 'have ' to be answered per se ( although I freely admit I would have loved to have known ) but their first faceoff and conversation after long hiatus following his fit of pique . I needed to hear that exchange to rate this at full marks.

Maybe one day the muse will give this hall of fame author a nudge to grant his fans just a bit more closure. Cant wait .

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Interesting

Good start. It could be the end and that would be okay also. Enough was said to make this a complete tale. Still it would be nice to have another chapter.

Five Stars

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
wrong place

This stopped in the wrong place, it should have either stopped four paragraphs earlier or been much longer.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
QUESTIONS AND WONDERMENT

how the dynamics change over time and space. TK U MLJ LV NV

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Oh come on...

Slirpuff you're pulling a JPB,and that's just not you. This story isn't finished and you know it. I gave it a five because I know you won't let this just sit like this. If you do it will start to smell bad, and your stellar reputation as one of the best, one of stalwarts of the lw genre, a writer with a standard of excellence we others strive to imitate will take a dive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hi and welcome back

If a spouse is separated for two years, doesn't it make it an automatic divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice enough but...

... it needs fleshing out and an end. The way it was written, seems to me the problem was not "St Greg", but the daughter's antics, made possible by a mother who didn't have the backbone to stand up to her. If the author's intention was to describe a marriage under the shadow of the first husband, he should present more instances where the wife appears to be hung up to her deceased first husband.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Confused

Specifically by the last line. Obviously you are implying that he might decide to reconcile. But if he decides not too, he will be in the same situation he was in before the trip. Nothing changes. Either way, she is still his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I have to agree with the earlier comments

I am not one who has ever criticized the way an author has ended a story. I don't need a Hollywood ending. However, because of where you ended this one and the way you ended it, the reader is really left hanging. And I can't believe I'm saying this, as I NEVER want to hear from the wife who is at fault (because they are usually cheaters), but if you were going to add another chapter and work them toward a reconciliation, we might enjoy watching the wife eat a lot of humble pie, as well as the rest of the clan.

This just might be a story I haven't seen here before: what happens when the step-parent takes the place of a beloved dead spouse?

I actually observed this in my husband's family. My husband's uncle died of cancer and his wife remarried. The new husband's situation was much as it was here: he was never treated as a loving member of the family, though he tried to be, nor was he even given respect as his wife's husband; his financial support was expected and taken; the children were always put before the husband, even though they were grown, with families of their own. The solution was divorce, in a religion where it is extremely rare.

You are one of my favorite authors, Slirpuff.

Please give us more martial arts-performing, motorcycle riding heroes. (Yum!)

DV

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
Meh!

Incomplete?

Or was this some lame attempt at trying to be clever?

Looks like another job for Finnish The Damn Story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well, excellent start...

But only a start. Diffidently needs followup. Suggestion is that they will get back together and poor ole Faith does win out. NO.

OldStormyOldStormyover 9 years ago
Welcome back - you have been missed

I enjoyed all but the last two paragraphs of page 1 but where is page 2? As much as I like your work this one left me feeling cheated. No ending and no real indication of an ending.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
A good story...

A good story, but I have to agree with all the comments...Or it have a part 2, or let the readers in suspense take a significant part of interest of it...With an end this is a 4* plus story...Like this is just a 3*...

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
What's up With Wimp Men?

Wimps, cowards, mama's boys; call them what you like,I don't mean cuckolds I mean guys that get played by a woman and get their feelings hurt. After being married for 5-1/2 years why is he paying for a wedding for a selfish brat? Whose idea was that and why didn't he say NO! He is a wimp, he doesn't stand up for himself or what is right. He is afraid of being rejected and alone, but his fear has him so far away from doing what is right for himself and others that he can only be classified as a coward. I get it: a woman or a few women have hurt his feelings. So what?

There is more to life than a selfish wife. First off, there is his own survival. Once he has that under control, there is having His Own kids. Raising someone else's kids does not count, unless your sperm doesn't work. You were programmed for survival and procreation. If you want to be happy, fulfill your programming. If by some chance your sperm is malfunctioning, then adapt and adopt some kids and make them your own with 100% commitment to them. Survival and procreation are more important than one selfish woman or her brats. A wife at best is only a factor in this equation and she can be replaced. The only time in your life where a woman should be "everything" to you is when you are a helpless infant feeding from your mommy's tit. From that point on in normal male development you should be slowly separating yourself from mommy. After you hit puberty, you should start to view women differently. You should start view them as sexual partners at the very least and if they have decent character, then as potential wives.

The feminization of western culture seems to be confusing men as to the role and the value of a wife. This has all come along in the 20th century along with technological and social changes. I can assure you, there are still good women out there. The problem with this story is that this guy was actually paying for a wedding for someone who was not his daughter. He never should have been paying for it. She always treated him with disrespect. He should have nicely pointed that out at the beginning instead of compromising his way into this mess. Weddings are too damn expensive to be giving to ingrates. The daughter should have had plenty of insurance money from her "wonderful" dad to pay for the wedding - if he was smart and wonderful enough to have provided a decent life insurance policy.

The bottom line is that a single divorced guy should be looking for a wife and future mother of his children, not a mommy, and certainly not a mommy with a bunch of spoiled kids. He created his situation by mot taking control of his life and acting like a spoiled, hurt little boy.

Bill1104Bill1104over 9 years ago
I loved it

Some stories are too short because they are so good. This is one of them.

Like the other commenters, I'm interested in more. However, I'm not sure that "more" wouldn't just evolve into another story. It's 5* for me just as it is.

Bill1104

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
One tries to make allowances in second chance relationships

For those of us IN relationships, it seems so easy. For those of us NOT in relationships, it also seems easy.

It isn't.

For every tantrum by Faith, there is the cup of coffee in bed, lovingly brought up by Linda. For every sneer done by Debbie, there was a very nice magic moment on a vacation. These moments are given short shrift by authors all the time.

And for every slur by the kids, there was probably a time HE exploded too. So to make peace...to try to enact change in the other person, he did what mature people do and waited. How quick does it take to get over infidelity? How quick to recover from a lost spouse? Well...that is the amount of time that should be given for THIS major change as well.

He thought a peaceful and generous heart would calm the waters. They didn't. Call him a wimp if you will. While he might merit SOME condemnation, I have no beef with the guy. It was his life to live and he didn't put up with it forever. Just until he had enough. That he didn't act as quickly as a random commenter says as much about them as him.

Give your editor my thanks, Slirpuff.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Very enjoyable story

I agree with Bill104. It would have been nice if this one were longer.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 9 years ago
I agree with Carvohi...

...it did remind me of JPB and his notorious endings (or lack thereof). Very glad to see you back and I'm hoping for a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well you set the scene, now where is the story

this comes up as a very long prologue without follow up, there is no marriage, no divorce, no respect, and tremendous humiliation, possibly now you can write the story

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 9 years ago
No Story

Just an intro.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I hate the way she starred at him

Now, if she had *stared* -- the actual spelling -- it might have been better.

This author has a habit of taking a good idea and half-baking it, and doing so very badly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
better then the rest

of the garbage posted on this day at least your not a sick fuck.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
One star

This should have been titled "Portrait of an Asshole." There was nothing to like about the narrator, who seemed like a selfish prick. There wasn't much of a plot, either, nor anything remotely interesting. At least it was short.

The absence of anything remotely erotic should have destined this story for the "Non-Erotic" category. Why was this story placed in this category? Because it has a wife in it? Or because the author wanted lots of comments and views? I'm guessing the latter.

Yet another example of an incredibly boring story about marital difficulty, intentionally miscategorized by the author and ignored by the admins. In other words, just another ordinary day at Literotica.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Excellent story as far as it went

FTDS may have to finish this one. "What we have here is a failure to communicate" could be the subtitle of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hey, there's a neat new trick i can use...

if swingerjoe, or flc pan a story, I can pretty well bet that I won't mind it at all myself.

So all I gotta do, is look for their negative comments to find a decent one. The more they get their back up, the more I will probably like it.

Thanks heaps, singerjoeline and frontlinecustardburper, you guys are a great help.

As for the story, it's not the greatest, but at least it's about a guy who grew a set of actual testicles, even if it took him a while, so Steve, don't worry, we all don't hate you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Disappointed

I was so excited to see a new slirpuff story.

And this had the potential to be a really good one but all you have us was the bare bones outline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What was this?

Crap or real crap? one!

Alberta  AlAlberta Alover 9 years ago
Forever

It has been forever since you published your last story and I am so glad to be able to read one again.

JounarJounarover 9 years ago
1* fuck these unfinished/open ended stories

Unfinished or 4 paragraphs to long, take your pick. Major plothole of why Steve and not joint Steve and Lisa money was paying for the wedding, just felt off.

@swingerjoe

Oh do fuck off you hypocritical wanker. You bleat over and over for people not to post negative comments on your precious cuck stories, then YOU bitch and moan on all non cuck stories.

judge1179judge1179over 9 years ago
Continue?

Before I vote I want to ask if you'll continue this story. This was too short for me to vote any higher than a 3. Once it is finshed I may be able to raise it to a 4 or even a 5.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 9 years ago
different premise from the usual

It was surprisingly true to life. I know of an actual wedding where the step-mother cancelled the honeymoon suite she was paying for without telling her step son. In that case it was all the fault of the step mother and the young couple was blameless. But things like this really happen.

The story isn't finnished. All the drama was left to the end- and we were all left hanging.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 9 years ago
pretty good story

he did the right thing, it took him a while but he got out in time

Charley49erCharley49erover 9 years ago
Did not like

the ending. Unfinished. We not need another BOB writer. Too many already. A little more dialogue illustrating the conflict between the daughter and Step. And at least one confrontation where Lisa supports her and not husband. And a better explanation why he did not get divorce. That is just ridiculous premise. Of course he would have unless you have a better explanation. At the moment because of ending this is just a tolerable 3 star ending. This does not need to be a BTB story, but I think there needed to be a few consequences for the daughter. Not just a ruined marriage.

Charley49erCharley49erover 9 years ago
Oh,

The Boss is a a-hole. He should not have arranged the meeting to include Lisa being paired with him. Nobodies business.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
While I appreciate his situation, it's a situation he also made.

Every time he gave in, then at the end, he cowardly walked away and that, I have no respect for. He could have put his foot down. He could have made a limit and stayed within it but he didn't and he made HIS family pay that price.

Sorry but being a man means being unappreciated. It means getting the short end of the stick and still walking talk. It also means that if you have a problem with someone, you work it out with either words or your fists.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
That is what is missing

I didn't get the sense that the wife was part of the problem besides not reining in her bitch of a daughter.

If she had constantly been carping at her husband, his dissatisfaction would have been more reasonable. But it really didn't come off that way.

Because separating from his wife on the very CUSP of his major problem leaving...that's just a bit stupid and short sighted.

I saw what you were trying to do, but it didn't get properly applied.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This is it again?

WHAT THE FUCK!

You are normally a good author, so why not write a "story" instead of half of one.

I hate to add you to the growing list of writers I don't read anymore but I'm sick and tired of wasting my time reading stories that just stop half way through.

3 stars, half a score for half a story.

jasonnhjasonnhover 9 years ago
The Steves don't add up

On one hand you have Steve the successful VP. On the other you have Steve the indecisive husband. I fully get how he could go through the marriage, trying to interact with the spoiled brats and the mother who insists on spoiling them. I get the "just try to get along" message.

But when the little snot whose wedding he is paying for DELIBERATELY cuts him out of the rehearsal dinner and the wife thinks that is an "innocent mix up"... What a crock. A very appropriate response.

Lisa's problem is that you do not take anyone's side against your husband unless your husband has been totally unreasonable. Not your kids, not your girlfriends, not the people you work with, not your parents, NO ONE. Not if you want your relationship to be healthy.

The disconnect comes when Steve leaves. He has decided the marriage is over. They have not communicated in any way since he left. He wasn't trying to teach a lesson. He is gone. He can certainly afford a divorce. A VP of a corporation makes decisions. There is no upside for letting this linger and fester. A VP would take care of things and move on. If you cannot make decisions like that you won't be a VP very long. VPs tackle problems and FORGE resolutions. I don't care if it was a get back together or a divorce resolution but the "Aw shucks, I just can't make up my mind" resolution is inconsistent with his portrayed character.

Oh, a couple sloppy language issues as well. "There" instead of "their". You have been at this too long to be making these types of errors.

Over all an OK story but not enough thought to the characters.

TexasBBTexasBBover 9 years ago
Nicely Done

Nicely different take for a LW story. Definitely would like to see a Part 2 to this as it's a really good setup.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
crapy ending

I hope that another chapter is coming because this could have been a great story instead of just a good story

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001over 9 years ago
FD45 - the wife was part of the problem

This paragraph from the story may be construed as the wife's comment (and hence her being part of the problem):

All I'd heard for the last year was, "Greg wouldn't have done it that way, or Greg was such a loving husband and father too bad he's gone, and Daddy would have loved Robert."

Even otherwise, wife never put her foot down in his support with the (now) adult kids even at the end.

I'd say the protag stayed on too many years in the marriage. The first time he was compared to St.Greg without the love and the first time he saw (ungrateful) kids put up with him just for their mother , he should have packed his bags. Paying for the various stuff and then canceling is cowardice though - he had years as "persona non grata" and the absolute last moment for him to scoot (with any shred of respect, because he encouraged them by staying on for >5 years) was when he was asked to pay for St.Greg's brother's tuxedo.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
story

great story and i can see that happening very easily sure hope there is another chapter to this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
gave it a 4

only because you didn't finish it. I enjoyed what was written like almost all of your stories. please finish one way or the other.

Smitty19

TalenhawkTalenhawkover 9 years ago
Not up to your usual level

Not a bad story but I hate it when the story ends in an unanswered question. Its like making it a two chapter story but only ever writing the first chapter.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ON 2ND THOUGHT

are we sure St Greg didn't commit Hari-Kari. TK U MLJ LV NV

labigqlabigqover 9 years ago
Not up to your standards

.

eightytuneseightytunesover 9 years ago
Why Bother?

He finally did what was right.

To bad it took so long.

Don't drink and dream? Oops. Meant don't drink and think and plan!

Regards to the messenger. Good job. Forget about the naysayers, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Glad!!!

Been to long! Enjoyed it. You know how to put words together. Another soon, hopefully?

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 9 years ago
Well written

What there was of it. I think it deserves a second chapter for those of us who lack the imagination to figure out an ending. Still, what there was is 5*.

rjordanrjordanover 9 years ago
A pleasure to read

While stories with a definite end are sometimes more satisfying, stories that stop at a critical point are sometimes more intriguing. I enjoy both approaches to storytelling when handled by a master.

IronDragonIronDragonover 9 years ago
You can't compete with a ghost.

I learned that a long time ago. I made the mistake of getting into a relationship with a widow who lost her husband in the first Gulf War. The first time I did something wrong, she compared me to him. He was the "Saint Greg" of our relationship. After 5 months of hearing "Tom" this and "Tom" that, I broke up with her as gently as I could. I told her that I couldn't compete with a ghost. He was dead, but he was still there every second of every day with us. She begged me not to leave, but like Steve in this tale, I'd had enough. I told her that I hope she gets past what happened eventually, but I couldn't take it anymore. I hope she finally moved forward with her life and stopped comparing everyone she dates to her dead husband.

This wasn't as tough of a read for me as I thought it would be, though. Great tale of a guy doing what he has to do to get out of a toxic situation.

5 Solid Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good read!!

Please add a second chapter...Thanks

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 9 years ago
Very True.....

This tale is a very common problem in relationships regarding mother and her children, IMO daughters are the worse ¡

I have been in relationships with a single mothers with children. Teenage ones are difficult mainly due the hormone period in their lives which cause more tension than normal problem children.

If I could turn back time I would never go there again with a woman who has teenage or children approaching teenage years.

Live is difficult enough with out added complications.

Perhaps the children do love you, perhaps they repress their feelings out of respect for their father, maybe they do not want to like you regardless how pleaseant or caring you are towards them. You are just damn either way with the children and with the mother !

Lets have Chapter 2 !

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
@FD45

I agree that while the wife did not certainly help the situation, she did not come across as a shrew. The daughter deserved the disrespect, but not the wife. Yes, there were some subtle hints that she was also making comparisons. However, the way she was written, the tone of her words and actions, did not communicate that. He should have talked with her, tried to get her to help, then walked away if she simply didn't have it in her to help. But to hurt her in such a dramatic way? I have read stories about wicked wives who deserved to be burned - she ain't it. She clearly loved him. Her crime was being passive.

He should have had the balls to not be used as a doormat for his daughters wedding. But, he should have expected this kind of treatment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It is not joke!

I wrote this funny thing in a previous comment. JustPlainBob had a comment from about 2004 or 2005. JPB COMPLAINED THE AUTHOR DID NOT END HIS STORY!!!

This is not joke JPB complained about unfinished story from about 2004 mor 2005!!!

BTW 5*****

Duna

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
Potent Story

Enjoyed it a lot! Speaks to the critical nature of communications. If Hubby managed his executive domain the same way he managed his family (yes, HIS family!) the CEO would not want him back ... he'd have made him gone!

The second time Baby Daughter was snippy, you sit all those living in the house down (and the address doesn't matter!) and explain that he is sorry Greg is dead but that he didn't have anything to do with that. The question is (and will continue to be) whether GREG would (if he could) approve of the way Sweetie and Greg's children were treating Greg's widow and her new husband!

"Are you representing how your father would want you react to the decisions I make? It is irrelevant whether he would make the same decisions or not! Would Greg recognize that I am making decisions to the best of my judgement, ability, and sincerely in the interests of this family?"

Detecting insolence and dissension within his company would have Hubby counseling with valued employees the first time, and firing them the second, as well as any managers under Hubby who allowed such divisive employee behavior!

It should fall directly on Sweetie to understand her role in managing her nearly adult children. If she persisted in taking the kids' side, then Hubby could, with clearly stated regrets to all, separate from her until she came to grips with her priorities. If not to Hubby, then divorce.

As it seems to be turning out in the story (which needs NO sequel), the CEO recognizes that reconciliation is not just possible, but preferable! Hope Hubby

a) recognizes that CEO has Hubby's best interests in mind (as well as the organization's.)

And b) learns from the CEO's actions how to manage misguided employees!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The good solution

Generally the single mom question has only good solution with younger kids wich is the common child-children. In that case the earlier kids have half sibling(s). Many smart single moms know this.........In this story the kids and the pair were too old for such solution.

Duna

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I Guess

I guess Finishthedarnstory will have to finish the story.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
-3

Unfinished sucks! Cheers!

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Would you do this?

Two failed marriages and letting a twenty year old step-daughter walk all over him. Then running way at the moment his predicament as being resolved and not speaking to his wife. How did he manage to be a successful executive when he does not seem to be very good at personal relationships?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Needs to be finished.

Needs to be finished. Although if I were the guy, bite the bullet and pay for your divorce and move on. May be even quit your current job.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 9 years ago
It isn't very often that Slirpuff misses the mark...

I really loved the premise of this story. It's fresh and different for a LW story, yet I'm sure one that has been experienced by thousands of men, every day. I would love to see this wonderful author do a complete story based on this outline. All the characters need to be fleshed out better. The plot could be a real spring board for building conflict between all the members of the family. Please, Slirpuff, give us the well crafted story that dwells within you!

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 9 years ago
I understand why you ended it this way

She got a dose of what he was forced to endure for so long. Can they continue? That is up to her, she needs to change the dynamics of her life to allow him to be a part.

You can't win a battle with a dead man without looking bad. If you choose to continue with a second chapter this will need to be dealt with. I will read whatever you decide to do with this, if....

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Interesting Story

I would have liked to hear from Faith and Robert what they thought of whole situation. The author suggests that their only interest was to plead for mother, but it really would depend how it was. That is why I wish that it were detailed.. viva voz.

Personally I would have considered the moment to act when informed that the uncle would represent the ghost. If the uncle wishes to give away his niece he ought to buy her (i.e. pay for the whole wedding) But even that only be possible after a long heart to heart.... Come on,, he has to know where enemy headquarters is located!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No Common Sense

Lisa just went along on her cloud, happy with new hubby, and never thought about his feelings...just assumed all was good.

He didn't divorce her or she him so I just wonder...if either had dated since then - all over, otherwise...he didn't hate her and she obviously cared for him so...maybe she got some common sense!?

BTW, the ending was fine, welcome back Slirpuff and THANKS!!!

SlirpuffSlirpuffover 9 years agoAuthor
Finish The Story

The finish will be posted next Thursday... Have two endings and need to pick the right one...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WTF?

Got so many negative comments you have to hurry up and write a second part.

Why didn't you post that this was a multi parter?

Coz it wasn't, this is bull fucking shit. You should be ashamed slirpuff

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
some have said

Some of the comments have tried to "whitewash" Lisa's part in this.

When Lisa married Steve it is almost certain that she gave her word to forsake all others.

This means:

Her daughters come second.

Her son comes second.

In any disagreement with others she takes her husbands side.

Lisa permitted and thereby assisted her children disrespecting Steve.

She permitted and assisted disrespecting her marriage.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
I have to disagree, twocrows......

When you marry a woman with children, it's a package deal. And with any woman, her children should always come before any man. Yes, the kids in this story were pure assholes. Did they cross the line? Yes. Was he fighting the ghost of the dead first husband? Yes. But he should have known that going into marriage. He was never going to be "Dad". Ever. The kids were too old for him to develop a parent/child relationship. He was always going to be Moms husband.

LastoftheGreatMikeysLastoftheGreatMikeysover 9 years ago
Actually...

When you marry someone THEY come first. When kids are involved you do have to set that aside at times, but as the kids get older and need less parental supervision and guidance that has to fade. If you marital relationship is not maintained then it will end after the kids grow up.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 9 years ago
Confusing End

Will he really dive back into the same (cess) pool for some nookie?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Women with daughters are trouble.

They expect, weather they live with mom or not, to be the princess of that household. If their mother spoils them, then your expected to also. Many times they move back home, because there is 2 paychecks in that household now. I used to work on my daughters car, because she needed it for college, but then I was expected to work on her daughters car too. Her daughter used to loan her car out for days at a time and when it finally returned, I was expected to fix it....not! All I was was a free mechanic with a wallet. And I could not ask nor expect a damn thing in return. if the first husband is a saint, you can't compete. If the first husband is an asshole, you have to do reparations for his actions.....not

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
um so what the fuck is this story all about?

after all he has been through... He is going to meet his ex anyway?

the way steve handle the "mistake" of the wrong address to the wedding rehersal was pretty weak and small

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
what's missing?

the same backbone he hoped the groom would find, let's hope he finds it instead of the worm at the bottom of the bottle.

when marrying a mother, replacing the father of the children is impossible. being a friend is unmanageable. It is one of the most difficult positions to be in.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
gag

Jesus...I can't believe it. This is the longest stretch of sucky stories I've ever gotten sucked into, and no not all by the author as this is the only one of his I've read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5 Stars

I can see how a conflict arises when you marry a woman with a family. Good Story. Beats anything the scum willing cuckold swinger writers are putting out in this category. I see swingerjoe is moaning again, which makes it a story worth reading. Yep, it's in the right category. Glad you're back Slirpuff, hope you stick around so some of us have something worthwhile to read. Sick and tired of the pussies that call themselves writers in this category. (ML)

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
which is why

That the woman will put the children before her husband is all the reason a man should ever need to never marry a woman that already has children.

Let them grow old alone, after her children go on to their own lives.

How was it HIS money paying for the wedding instead of THEIR money?

She had a fairly high paying job too.

He had to know that he would never get respect from the daughter by then, so why was it all from his pocket?

The time to look at the mother and tell her "It's all on you now." was long ago.

The "wife" let her husband down at every turn when the children disrespected him, which was also disrespecting her since she chose to marry him.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years ago
I'm not a fan.

The endings not a problem or the length. For me the narrator come across as a sanctimonious sack of shit. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good short one

Like most of your stories

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Divorce?

I think divorce is a little extreme.

I know they had their arguments, but did he ever really let Lisa know how isolated he felt?

At a MINIMUM, I don't care that it's Faith's wedding, he is her mother's husband, he has never abused Faith, and he is paying for the wedding (though as someone else said, why wasn't Lisa paying?), and HE should have insisted on giving away the bride. Excluding him was an unforgivable insult. And why wasn't his WIFE telling him where the rehearsal dinner was? For that matter, why didn't they go together?

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
CARVOHI -- dude let me explain WHY this story is AWFUL

The KEY was wedding. First Steve was intentionally given the wrong address by the bride THEN he was told that even though he is paying for EVERYTHING he is NOT walking her down the aisle ?

even worst what did this wimp of man/ husband so or say when he was informed of this ?

NOTHING...in the story Steve says and does NOTHING. All we are told is this

...". Even my lovely wife had shut me out." what the FUCK does that mean?

Btw which part is LOVELY? her shitting on Steve OR the kids shitting on Steve? **** Yet this KEY incident is not even raise 1 time in this chapter 2

Because of this KEY failure of the story when Lisa says alot of folks came down on her for they way she treated him... but we dont READ about this and this kills the story.

Lisa says she is in counseling but we dont KNOW anything about this and given how the KEY wedding incident is NEVER talked about in chapter 2 ... the author needs to go in detail about this

The same problem with the story exists when Lisa says her grown kids are Now remorseful and have matured

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Harry

Get your head out of your ass you fucking retard.

Nice to see you back. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Good start and follow through!

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Very good story

The fact is that he should have reacted more strongly. His wife was caught in the middle of a fire fight. The thing is that this should have shown uṕ in the courting period and they should have talked it out then so that they would not suffer later.

BTTapBTTapabout 9 years ago
Needed longer treatment

This was told in first person, conversational style, and I felt like I was sitting at the bar next to the guy tell me his story. While I got the impression that the young daughter was a spoiled brat, I did not get the vibe that the wife devalued the protag enough merit his spiteful abandonment. I wouldn't have bought him a drink, patted him on the shoulder, and said, "you did the right thing, buddy.". Or if I did, I wouldn't have meant it. More development to justify the break would have made this a more satisfying outcome. I know there is a part 2, but based on this story, I don't feel the protag deserves another chance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
1*

he is just a wimp. should have grown a pair way earlier. needs editing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Damn

The question is, did he know what he was getting into when he married Lisa? If she loved him, why wasn't she on his side? Why was there a side? He did what he had to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Should have talked to the kids

And spent time with them BEFORE he got married. That would have told him all he needed to know. And when they left him at the house drinking coffee, why would he need to drive back to the house? Why wasn't he packing the minute they left? He should have been long gone. And as to his Boss making those comments, he should have pointed out that he was performing fine for the last year and one half. Why else would he have been asked to speak? And why couldn't he pass on that request? Was he the leader? Why would everyone in the Company know anything about his private life? He stays to himself, which means he concentrated on work, not on spreading gossip. That's why his bosses comment made no sense. Without a life outside the job, his performance should have been superior. He should have requested a team change and not to speak. Better yet send one of the other people in his place. Then this mess would, indeed, be over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A tough situation, no doubt. But it was partially his fault, . . .

so he should give her a chance. The daughter and son-in-law coming to him for forgiveness and reconciliation was huge, and he should have tried to mend fences. So no sympathy from me. People make mistakes and can grow and get wiser. He should have met them half way.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Quibbles...and a tangent.

Thought there should have been at least one example in which Elder Daughter dissed Our Hero Hubby, and maybe actively took Bridezilla's side on an outrageous demand.

Also thought Slir coulda dinged Bridezilla. During the 'camp on doorstep' scene, ask Robert (in amazement) "Hey, don't tell me you're still married to this spoiled brat? I had you pegged for brighter than that!""

SixishSixishalmost 8 years ago
Baby

Guy sounds like a great big whiner to me.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
WORMS FOREVER CAUSE TROUBLE

whether its in a bottle or attached. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fuck! I've read about 5 stories in the last few days and 4 or them had no ending.

What the FUCK!

A good story writer like Slirpuff should know better and have more respect for his readers. Another few paragraphs and this was an easy 5 star story. As it is, 2 is the best I can do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hey Anony-dufus!

Did you bother to notice that there IS a part 2? Obviously not. Dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* Wimpy Husband Crap

A typical Slurppowdepuff standard

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NFW!

He's a friggin wimo for sure. He should of gotten the divorce as-soon-as he could. Brakind all ties with her meant he'd never have to have anything to do with her and her spoiled rotten children. I'd of told my boss to shove the corporate retreat up his ass because my life outside of work was none of his friggin business. Either that or I'd of told him to, "take this job and shove it!"

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous