Vanessa and Veronica Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Katrina sweetheart," Ethan said, "Meet Luc Gabriel, mate to our Vanessa."

Katrina let out a sigh of relief; whatever the issue had been was resolved for the time being. She walked over to Luc who as Rik had done kissed the back of her hand.

"Welcome." she said softly.

"The honor and pleasure are mine." Luc replied.

"Luc, Rik." Ethan called, "why don't we have a drink in the study?"

The brothers looked at each other and then at their mates before following Ethan. As soon as they were gone, the room erupted in excited chatter. Katrina hugged both girls thankful that they had been found in the way that she wished that she had been found.

"I suppose you'll want a wedding?" she teased.

"Of course we do!" Veronica replied speaking for Vanessa.

"I am so happy for the both of you and I like your mates." Katrina said, "so when would you like to have the wedding and tomorrow is too soon." she added laughing. She knew the twins well.

"Two weeks?" Vanessa asked.

Veronica gave it some thought, "two weeks is fine." she agreed.

Katrina got pens and some paper and handed some to each girl. They both knew what to do, it was the same thing they did when they were old enough to help plan their birthday parties. Each wrote down what they wanted for the party and then compared notes. The last step was to consolidate the list that way each of them had something that they wanted for the party.

"We'll meet a couple of days from now and begin planning." Katrina said.

********

Ethan handed each brother a goblet of wine and invited them to sit down. The stern, intimidating father that they had seen not that long ago was gone but was barely beneath the surface.

"I just wanted to give them a few minutes to talk." Ethan said as he sat down. "I suppose you know that I had both of you investigated."

"We are aware of that fact." Rik said, "It didn't surprise me in the least."

"Really? Why is that?" Ethan asked.

"I would have done the same." Rik replied.

They talked about other things and finding out that they all had a mutual love of sports.

"Katrina doesn't watch but the girls do, they were athletes in high school." Ethan said.

"That is good news." Luc said as he visualized Sunday afternoons watching whatever sport happened to be in season on television with Vanessa at his side.

After fifteen minutes they rejoined the women in the living room. The two couples said their goodbyes and headed out to their car leaving a happy but pensive Katrina and Ethan alone.

"Are you alright?" he asked hugging Katrina from behind.

"Our babies have grown up." she said softly.

"Yes they have but what else?"

Katrina hesitated.

"Tell me." Ethan urged.

"I was just wishing that we had met like that and how happy I am that their meeting was a good one."

"I was thinking the same thing." Ethan replied squeezing her tighter.

*******

Vanessa and Veronica were talking at the same time and at a mile a minute.

"Where are we going to live?" one would ask, "I don't know." the other replied before the question was completely asked. Neither Rik nor Luc could get a word in to make a suggestion. Finally Luc whistled and spoke when there was finally silence.

"I have a suggestion." he said.

"You have the floor." Veronica said.

"Thank you." Luc said and continued with his idea, "Our home has two wings that are fully furnished and is connected by a communal living area which includes a kitchen. My suggestion is this, Rik and I will buy the house and you and Vanessa move there."

"I think that is a good idea." Rik said.

Vanessa and Veronica looked at each other and shrugged.

"We want to see the house first." Vanessa said.

"That is no problem." Luc said, "So my love, what do you like to eat for breakfast?"

*******

The vampire sat at his desk with his feet propped up thinking of what his options were. He hated the Sinclaire family with a passion that he couldn't even begin to describe. They had taken something very precious from him and he wanted to take something from them.

That he had waited so long to decide what he was going to do had just complicated things. Once he decided upon his course of action and began to make plans the mates of the twins showed up. He was going to take one of the twins and he really didn't care which one. He only wanted Ethan and Katrina Sinclaire to feel the pain of loss and to feel the helplessness that accompanied that loss.

He had let several opportunities pass him by thinking that he had time and that another opportunity would present itself but now he had the mates of the Sinclaire women to contend with. For now all he could do was watch and wait. He would learn the habits of the males and go from there but he did do something that helped ease his rage at the Sinclaire's.

Vanessa and Veronica Sinclaire were in for a surprise when they went to their lab the next time. The vampire chuckled as he imagined the look on their faces and regretted not being there to see it. He stood up and stretched to his full six feet one inch height and vanished from where he stood, he had places to be.

12