Wendy Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You should tell Jonathan that you need an assistant," Mary said.

"I can't do that," Wendy laughed. "I'm the assistant. I can't have him thinking that I can't handle it."

"Hey, if you ever really want a cum fix, I know where to get it," Mary said, smiling mischievously.

"What do you mean?" Wendy asked, blushing as she remembered how desperately she had eaten René's cum.

"There's this glory hole," Mary said. "It's a place where people go to get their cocks sucked through a hole in the wall. Totally anonymous. It's in a rough part of town, but I go there from time to time when I'm really horny and need a quick fix."

"And you just suck whatever cock sticks through the hole?" Wendy asked, her eyes wide open.

"Yeah," Mary replied, grinning. "Sometimes five or six of them. And if it's a really nice, big one, I just turn around and put my ass and pussy against the hole and let them fuck me. Talk about not complicated."

"Wow, I can't even imagine a place like that," Wendy said, shaking her head. "It sounds sort of perfect."

"How did I know that you'd appreciate that?" Mary laughed. "René was right, you are the perfect example of not judging a book by its cover."

Wendy threw herself into her work the following week, determined to make progress, inwardly relieved that no mention was made by Jonathan of what had happened, though she did look forward each morning to Mary coming into her office from Jonathan's after she had sucked his cock to kiss her before telling her that she'd be getting the coffee.

"Good morning, everybody," Jonathan greeted at the Friday breakfast meeting. "Who wants to go first? I'm going to save Wendy for last."

"That FreshBooks program is something else," Tom said. "Once we figured out how to set it up for our particular needs, it only took us three days to input all of the relevant information about all of our properties. From that standpoint, we're ready to roll it out."

"But are the properties ready to have it rolled out?" Jonathan asked. "What about training videos?"

"We're pretty much finished with them," Tom said. "We should be able to distribute them before the day's out. Give them a few days to let all of their people complete the sandbox training on the new system and we can roll it out, let the two systems work side by side until we're sure that we can close down the old system."

"That's great news," Jonathan said, smiling broadly. "How about you, Fred?"

"We have approximately 300 units that are categorized as some sort of an upgraded room in our 14 hotel properties," Fred replied. "When I went over the occupancy numbers with Wendy, we came to the conclusion that we only needed 4 or 5 of those types of units at each property. That would be based upon previous, historical demand. That leaves us approximately 230 units that we could convert into condos and sell. When we checked comparable properties, it seems that we could price them starting at $1.5 million, on up to $5-$10 million for the premium suites. There are only 2 or 3 of those at each property. We could raise somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 million by selling all of them."

"And how much of an operational savings would we realize if we didn't have to deal with those units?" Jonathan asked.

"Millions each year," Fred replied.

"Does anyone still think that this isn't a good idea?" Jonathan asked, looking at each of them. "Wendy, do you have any sort of an estimate as to the cost of all of the advertising that you feel we should do?"

"In the $2-$3 million a year range," Wendy replied. "But I'd like to remind you that you're going to be saving almost $2 million a year by eliminating all of the website administrators. "It's almost a wash."

"And the other ideas, a master chef?" Jonathan asked.

"Even with everything, maybe a few hundred thousand dollars," Wendy replied. "And most of that is a one-off expense, not ongoing, like the new photos of each of the properties. The chef will probably cost at least $150,000 a year. The QC program, if we use existing personnel, will only incur transportation costs and the price of a room or two for the weekend. I can't see any way that you'd add more than $500,000 a year to your total costs, which is really nothing for an enterprise of this size."

"Especially in light of getting $500 million if we sell the luxury units as condos," Jonathan said, smiling.

"Don't forget that you're going to have severance costs, though that will also be a one-off," Marge pointed out. "In the neighborhood of $3 million. And converting the hotel rooms to condos legally is going to be a fair amount of paperwork. It will take me a week just for this building. I'll need to hire outside counsel in each of the cities where we have properties that we're converting to condos. That will cost in the neighborhood of $200,000, I'd imagine."

"Does anyone have any reason that we shouldn't do this?" Jonathan asked, once again looking each of them in the eye.

"The real beauty of this is that you don't have to borrow any money to do it," Wendy said. "You'll actually post a profit of several hundred million dollars this year over and above what you normally realize, just by selling the luxury units as condos. We haven't even considered the increased revenue that all of these changes should engender. There just isn't a downside."

"Then do it," Jonathan said. "Make it happen. Everything goes through Wendy."

"I'm not so sure that I'm comfortable with that," Wendy said.

"Why not?" Jonathan asked. "Aren't you capable of managing it?"

"I'm more than capable," Wendy asserted, "but I'm just a PA. This is your company. You own all of it. You're the one that should be making the big decisions, not me."

"Out of the mouths of babes," Marge murmured, smiling.

"We'll discuss it later," Jonathan said after first staring at her for a long moment. "But for now, what do you have to report?"

"After checking, I think that we'd be better served using Microsoft's Azure cloud service as opposed to Amazon's or Google's," Wendy replied. "Amazon and Google are too predatory and they don't seem to have much respect for individual rights to privacy. Microsoft has that as a core of their operational principles. I think that that's important. The price differentiation between the three isn't very much, nor is the quality of the services."

"All of the design artwork is done and approved, by you," Wendy said. "The websites are all translated to a common language and are ready to be rolled out. I've received new photos from two of the properties. That's holding up being able to lock in our advertising. Even if we sign contracts now, it will be a couple of months before the various publications can work it into their magazines."

"Fred, light a fire under the managers of the properties that haven't sent us new photos," Jonathan said. "They have two weeks to get it done or we'll find managers who will."

"I'll call each of them personally today," Fred said, smiling.

"Lock in the advertising," Jonathan said, looking at Wendy. "Have them send the contracts."

"I don't think that we should put out an ad looking for an executive chef," Wendy said. "Too many people will notice and I think it would be better to keep things as low-key as possible. If we do this right, everything will be in place and we'll be running when our competition finds out what we're doing. They'll see things that we're doing and they'll emulate the ones that they see that would help their operations, too. The more of a head start that we have, the better."

"What do you propose?" Jonathan asked.

"I want to use a headhunter service," Wendy replied. "They have the experience and the contacts to know who is available and the discretion to do it quietly. I also need to know how much you're willing to pay an executive chef. Personally, I'd pay the right one whatever he or she wants. What we're trying to do is so revolutionary that trying to save a few dollars in salary would be counterproductive. We want an executive chef who feels wanted and appreciated, one who likes the challenge to do what we're trying to do, and one who won't feel the need to shop his or her talents elsewhere in the hope of getting paid better. We need to make the position irresistible."

"I'll agree, but whoever it is is going to have to sign an iron-clad NDA and a non-compete agreement for five years if they leave," Jonathan said. "If they balk at that, ask them how much money they want to agree to those terms and pay it. Add performance inducements, bonuses for things like additional Michelin stars and increased sales. Vera and I both love the idea that our properties would be synonymous with fine dining. It's something that's near and dear to our hearts. You might consider expanding your advertising to the top food magazines, too. We already have seven Michelin-starred restaurants. Let's start advertising that fact and what our future intentions are. Let's give people something to look forward to, to anticipate."

"And to think that the only thing that I thought you were that passionate about was sex," Marge said, her eyes twinkling as she smiled at Jonathan and everyone laughed.

"I've always had a difficult time telling the difference between sex and food, Marge," Jonathan said. "To me, they're both necessary in order to stay alive and I like the best of each. If you had accepted any of the dinner invitations that we've extended you, you might have learned that," smiling as he saw her flush.

"Anything else, Wendy?" he asked.

"No," Wendy replied, shaking her head.

"Well, I'll be damned," Fred said, laughing. "No new revolutionary ideas?"

"I'd like to see Fred and Marge in my office at 3:00 today," Jonathan said. "I think that we're done here."

Wendy spent most of her day on the phone with the various publications that she wanted to place ads with, stopping only long enough to eat the lunch that Mary brought her. She felt a nervousness when she saw Fred and Marge arrive for their meeting with Jonathan at 3:00, but he had told her that her presence wasn't necessary, that he preferred that she continue working on what she was doing.

"Wendy, will you please join us?" Jonathan asked around 4:00 when he stuck his head in her office. "Have a seat," he said, pulling a third chair over in front of his desk for her. "We've been discussing the division of labor. Tom and Marge have fairly obvious scopes to their jobs and Fred has an enormous responsibility in overseeing all 41 of our properties. Then there's you, my PA, as you reminded us this morning."

"I-I didn't mean to imply that I was dissatisfied," Wendy said.

"No, you made a good and valid point, that you were being asked to make decisions that were over your pay grade," Jonathan said.

"Well, yes," Wendy agreed uncomfortably. "I mean, who am I to be telling Tom or Fred or even Phil what to do, to make decisions that affect them? I'm your assistant, not their boss. You're the boss."

"Indeed," Jonathan agreed, nodding, a slight smile on his face. "So if I want you to make the decisions that I've asked you to make, you need to have a different job title."

"What!?" Wendy gasped.

"Let me ask you something theoretical," Jonathan said, sitting back, his fingers steepled beneath his chin, his blue eyes sparkling. "Do you remember what you told me that you wanted when you applied for the PA's position with regard to your future here?"

"Yes," Wendy replied, feeling her face heating up.

"With that in mind, would you opt for a higher salary or more stock options, theoretically, that is?" Jonathan asked.

"Stock options," she replied without hesitating.

"Why?" Jonathan asked.

"Because then I'd be investing in myself," Wendy replied. "I'd know that my remuneration would be dependent upon my performance."

"Pay up, Fred," Jonathan said, holding out a hand.

Shaking his head, Fred extracted his wallet and then a $1 bill from it which he handed to Jonathan.

"Fred thought that you'd go for the big salary," Jonathan explained, smiling. "I knew that you'd go for the stock options."

"How?" Wendy asked.

"Because you have pride," Jonathan replied. "You are so determined to prove yourself. You'd never make a safe choice like a guaranteed salary when you could bet on yourself to do better."

"Okay," Wendy said.

"I have therefore decided to create a new position, one that has never existed in this company before," Jonathan said, "and I hope that you'll agree to accept it."

"What position?" Wendy asked, hardly daring to breath.

"Chief Operating Officer," Jonathan replied, smiling at the shock on her face.

"You...you're not serious!" she gasped.

"I'm very serious," Jonathan said. "You get your $500,000 a year and 1% of the stock in options that can't be realized for 3 years. In 3 years, if the company performs in accordance to your vision, the salary will become $5 million and the options will increase to 5%, which you must hold for 5 years before you can sell them. I get the right of first refusal in the event that you ever want to cash out any of your options."

"I-I can't believe this," Wendy said, gasping for breath.

"Just in case you're worried about stepping on any toes, I've thoroughly discussed this with Fred and he is in complete agreement," Jonathan said.

"You are?" Wendy asked, staring at Fred in astonishment.

"Yes," Fred replied, smiling. "Quite frankly, I wouldn't want the job. I've got enough to do with the job I've got. My wife wouldn't be too happy, either. She likes seeing me from time to time," he said, laughing.

"Just for your information, and you'll have access to this information in your new role, I pay Fred $3 million a year and he now has options on 5% of the stock that he's earned over the years in bonuses," Jonathan explained. "So far, he's never exercised any of his options. What are your options worth today, Fred?"

"In the neighborhood of $750 million, I imagine," Fred replied, smiling. "When your new ideas work, I expect that to at least double, so make no mistake about it, I'm rooting for you. When you tell me to jump, I'll only ask how high. Anything you need, any way I can help you, you only have to ask."

"Sometimes it's nice to wake up in the morning," Marge said, smiling as she saw the tears running down Wendy's cheeks. "I'll have contracts ready to sign Monday morning. Congratulations, Wendy. I know that you're going to do a splendid job."

"Thank you," Wendy barely managed to say, so choked up with emotion was she.

"But all of this presents a problem," Jonathan said, a stern look on his face.

"Wha-what problem?" Wendy asked, still stunned.

"I'll need a new PA," Jonathan replied, smiling. "One that will work for both of us. That will be your first assignment as the COO of the Clandestine Group."

"That's easy," Wendy said, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand and smiling. "Mary."

"That is just priceless," Jonathan said, roaring with laughter. "What will we do for a receptionist if Mary's our PA?"

"I guess her first assignment will be to find a new receptionist," Wendy said, now smiling.

"Why don't you break the news to her?" Jonathan suggested, a big smile on his face. "I can't wait to see this," he laughed. "Go on, call her in here."

Trying to compose herself, Wendy went to the door and opened it.

"Mary, could you come in here, please?" she asked.

"Sure," Mary replied, smiling as she got to her feet and followed. "What's up?" she asked, eyeing the group sitting in front of Jonathan's desk.

"I know how much working here as the receptionist means to you," Wendy said, still standing.

"It's the best job in the world," Mary said.

"That's why this is so difficult for me," Wendy said, biting her lip to avoid laughing, but giving an entirely different impression to Mary.

"What is?" Mary asked suspiciously.

"I'm afraid that we can't use you as our receptionist any longer," Wendy replied.

"What!?" Mary gasped, her face paling. "Wh-why not?"

"Because we want you to be the new PA," Wendy replied.

"The new PA!" Mary gasped. "You're not serious! That's your job."

"Not anymore," Jonathan said, smiling. "I decided that she was no longer needed as my PA."

"You're firing Wendy?!" Mary gasped, her eyes wide. "That...that's crazy!"

"Actually, Wendy's being promoted, too," Jonathan replied, enjoying himself. "When she signs her new contract Monday morning, she will officially be the new Chief Operating Officer."

"Holy Shit!" Mary gasped, then laughed. "Holy Fucking Shit!"

Jonathan was laughing as Mary jumped up and down several times like a teenaged girl. Fred had tears running down his cheeks, he was laughing so hard, and Marge's smile was from ear to ear.

"Hey, does this mean I get a raise?" Mary asked.

"What do you make now?" Wendy asked.

"$36,000," Mary replied.

"I've been getting $50,000," Wendy said. "You should, too," she said, turning to Jonathan for approval.

"This is one of the new responsibilities that comes with the job," he said, smiling. "It's up to you. The only thing that you need to ask me about is making any major changes. It's now all up to you."

"Oh, I am so going to get laid tonight," Mary said, even Marge bursting out in laughter.

"I think that we can call it a day," Jonathan said, getting to his feet. "Have a nice weekend, everyone, and congratulations to both of you."

"Hey, what about the receptionist?" Mary asked Wendy as they rode the elevator down. "Who's going to do that job?"

"That's your first job," Wendy replied, smiling. "Find someone. Whoever it is has to be able to do the job and fit it, especially fit in. The sooner you find someone and get them trained, the easier your life will be, because I need help, a lot of help, and I plan on keeping you busy. And then there's Jonathan."

"I hope I still get to suck his cock every morning," Mary said.

"That's something that you'll have to take up with him," Wendy laughed.

Wendy ate dinner down in the restaurant, pinching herself a few times just to make sure that it was real, even ordering a bottle of champagne to celebrate, then laughing when she realized that she wasn't even going to have to pay for it. Going back up to her room, she undressed and sprawled on the bed, her heart beating with excitement as she still tried to absorb what was happening to her, what had happened to her.

"Hello," she said, grabbing her phone when it rang. "Yes, this is Wendy Rose," she said, hitting the speakerphone button.

"Wendy, I'm Sara Riletto," the voice on the phone said. "I...my husband Tony and I are friends of Sonia and Carl Withers."

"Ohhh! Hello," Wendy said, her nipples hardening.

"I don't mean to intrude or be rude, but Sonia told me a bit about you and suggested that I should...that we should get to know you," Sara said.

"I see," Wendy said, smiling. "That's nice. I really like Sonia and Carl. If you're friends of theirs, I'm sure that I'd enjoy meeting you."

"Oh, would you?" Sara asked. "I was so hoping so."

"When would you like to meet?" Wendy asked.

"Well, are you busy this evening?" Sara asked. "I know it's a bit late, but...you live at Destinations, don't you?"

"Yes, I do," Wendy replied.

"Well, we live right across the street at The Carlton," Sara said. "I didn't know if you'd be out or had any plans and I just couldn't resist calling. Another night would be nice, too."

"Actually, I'm home and don't have any plans," Wendy said. "I just finished dinner."

"Then why don't you come have some coffee and cognac with us and we can get to know one another?" Sara suggested hopefully, the eagerness in her voice impossible to miss.

"I think that sounds like a nice idea," Wendy replied, remembering Mary and realizing that she wouldn't mind some attention herself, to celebrate, she told herself, smiling. "Say, 10 minutes?"

1...345678