Woodland Creatures

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank god I had a spare key outside my door, hiding atop the frame. I hurried inside, throwing the plastic on the floor before running to the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror. Dirt and blood streaked my face, running down my neck and over my breasts and belly. My hair was matted with blood, sticking to my cheeks, and back. "What the fuck?" After further inspection, I didn't see any injuries on myself and assumed they were from the animals. I shook myself, banishing the bizarre morning. I took a shower, turning the water as hot as possible, scrubbing myself until my skin was pink all over.

I dried off and dressed before plopping at my computer desk, head in my hands. Droplets of water from my still wet hair showered the desk, dampening the stack of documents I'd brought back from Washington. Wanting to find anything to distract myself from my fucked-up morning, I shuffled through the papers, finding the note my aunt had written me.

I wish we could've spoken more in depth about this, but I made a promise to your mother, a promise I will vow 'til death. But that time has come. You are the youngest descendent of a long line of preternatural individuals. There is no easy way to disclose this information and it may take you some time to understand, to accept what you are. The things that go bump in the night are real and we are very much a part of this group of mystics. Our family is inflicted with a curse, an illness akin to an autoimmune disorder which forces our bodies to change during...

I stopped reading, my stomach churning, my head spinning. No. There was no way. I shook my head. I looked down at my hands, the hands that had been covered in blood just that morning. What was Aunt Karen saying? I scanned the note again, chewing my lip. Lycanthropy. Werewolf. My heart thudded against my ribs and a fresh sweat broke out over the nape of my neck. Rereading the note again, I focused on the last lines.

...I apologize, my dear niece, for not disclosing sooner. Your mother didn't want this life for you and boasted about your normalcy as you grew. But I see the wolf in you, waiting. She's there and one day may break free when you meet your mate. The last thing I'd ever want for you is to have her pounce upon you without your basic understanding of your history, of what you truly are. I fear your lycanthropy is latent, poised to come through. I have documented on numerous occasions of this very instance. Once a latent therianthrope meets their destined mate, however silly this may sound, their creature comes forth, causing the change to be swift and powerful.

You may never have to deal with the challenges your mother and I went through, what every member of our family has endured. It pains me to think of you discovering what you are one full moon without warning under these circumstances. I tried to reason with your mother, but she never listened.

I've provided all the research I could gather from various sources throughout the world on the topics of therianthropes. From were-wolves, to were-seals, even a were-lynx or two...

I let go of the note and it fluttered to the floor. Werewolves? What? Mymate? I snatched the rest of the paperwork, sifting through it. Pages and pages of information, first hand interviews, details into people's lives. Pie charts. Bar graphs. Statistics. Not just people—supernatural individuals. A name caught my eye.

Dr. Lee Gonzalez.

I gathered all of the papers, including Aunt Karen's note before running to my bedroom to pack my suitcase.

*****

I'd caught a last-minute flight to SeaTac, lucky there were any seats left on the soonest flight. By the time I reached Seattle, I realized I still had Lee's number. I called her, I texted her, desperate for her to answer. Nothing. No reply. Before I started off North with my newly acquired rental car, I sent her a text.

I don't know what's happening to me. I know you don't owe me anything but, I need your help. Please.

Once I reached the island, I sent her another text, begging her to meet me in the woods behind my aunt's house, where we waited to catch a glimpse of the lynx. Now I knew she was that very lynx.

A 'latent' therianthrope is what Aunt Karen wrote in her note. She studied were-creatures, that was her life's work, funded by countless underground organizations. A were-zoologist/biologist disguised as an average biologist. It was incredible. I read through the documentation, save Lee's because I felt it far too personal to go through. I wanted to hear it from her, if she ever spoke to me again. From the way she reacted, I assumed she wouldn't be talking to me for a while, if ever.

The lone piece of fruit hung low on the branch, a sinful pale pear. It was alone on the tree, isolated among the orange and crimson leaves. I reached for it, grasping the ripe surface when someone cleared their throat behind me. Whipping around, I met the steady hazel gaze of the very woman I longed to see again. "You're here," I said breathlessly.

She nodded slowly, eyes narrowing. "Yeah, I am." Her hair was shorter than it had been just weeks before, styled in lazy, black spikes to form a faux hawk. Hands in the pockets of her black jeans, her stance was non-threatening and laid back, but I could see the fire ragging in her brown eyes at the sight of me. I had to hold myself back from falling to my knees and begging her for forgiveness.

"Lee, I'm so—" before I could finish my apology, she was upon me with animalistic speed.

Moving swiftly, she pressed my body against the pear tree, lips inches from my face. Her knee rested hard between my legs, causing me to gasp with the sudden pleasant pressure. Her breath stirred the fine hairs framing my face. "Why did you leave?" she whispered. Her hands clasped around my wrists, holding them to my sides.

I tried to speak but was captivated by the golden specks in her hazel eyes. Her lips touched mine, the kiss soft and tender. I closed my eyes, eager to feel her tongue caress my own. Another gasp left me as her teeth captured my lower lip instead. When she let go, her pulled back, dropping my wrists and stepping away from me. "Why did you leave?" she repeated quieter. I swallowed back my yearning and tried to steady my breathing. A deep throbbing had settled within me, a fervor I'd come to associate with her and only her. As she moved further from me and turned her back, I longed for her to take me as she had before, beneath the dense canopy of trees, our bare bodies lying upon a bed of pine needles

"I...I don't know," I admitted finally. Her back was still to me as she laughed, turning her head slightly to peer at me. The scant light peeking through the trees caused her raven hair to shimmer, the tips of her spikes silvered.

"You're afraid, aren't you?" The intensity of her stare caused a shiver to run through me. I gripped the rough tree behind me for support as I nodded. I knew it was the predatory stance that caused my fear but also the guilt of abandoning her.

"Yes." What was I afraid of? Our connection? My true identity?

"Good. You should be." She faced me again, a wicked smile upon her plump lips. Without conscious thought, my breath quickened as she approached me again. She trailed her fingers over my cheek, traced my jawline down to my neck before her lips crashed to mine in a fury. I hadn't realized how much I missed her. Her tongue darted between my parted lips, caressing the roof of my mouth as her hands clutched my hips to hers. I wrapped my arms around her neck, pushing my body flush with hers as she devoured me, lighting a ravenous fire within my belly. She sparked a hunger only she could satisfy, and she knew this. How did she know this? Oh, right, she'd done this to me. Well, sort of. I moaned into her mouth as her thumb eased the waist of my jeans. She chuckled, moving away to stare into my eyes. "You think I'll give it to you that easily, Brooklyn?" she breathed.

I whined, licking my lips as I nodded. I knew better. There was no way she'd give in that easily, especially how I'd left. Her jaw tightened, nose flaring as she stepped away from me. Brows knitted, she opened her mouth but quickly shut it.

With an indignant snort, Lee walked away from me, disappearing into the woods. My chest heaved as I tried to catch my breath and I longed to be in her presence again. It took me only seconds to realize just how bad I had fucked up. She'd known what I was before I did, tried to tell me.

I moved away from the tree, rubbing my back where the bark yanked my shirt up, scratching the skin. When she stepped up to me, I was enthralled, transfixed. How had I gone from such an outspoken player to hypnotized by the very thought of Lee? I wanted her, needed her like the air I was breathing. A light rain began to fall, hitting the leaves of the trees around me softly. To learn my entire family were werewolves was startling at best, frightening at worst. I wouldn't have believed the note if I hadn't experienced the phenomenon of waking up buck ass naked in the middle of an empty back yard with dead rabbits surrounding me. That type of situation makes one reconsider their beliefs.

Lee was mad at me, and rightfully so. I couldn't deny the level of bitchiness I exuded when we saw each other last. While she tried to express her desire to further what we had into an actual relationship, I'd opted to leave, to sever our contact with one another. Of course, I suffered for this in my longing to be with her. Dry leaves crunched under my feet as I made my trek back to my aunt's home. Would Lee ever talk to me again? How would I manage to be a werewolf? How did one deal with such an anomaly?

I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with anyone but Lee again. She was my mate, however bizarre the notion was. And I blew it, obviously.

As I reached the house, the sun was beginning to set, the gray clouds were diminishing as twilight approached.

The last person I expected to be anywhere near the house was standing on the front porch, staring at me. "Lee," I whispered. Her arms were folded over her chest, lips a thin line and brows drawn together. I gulped back my trepidation and walked up the stairs to her. "My aunt. She left me a note. She told me you'd understand."

She squinted her eyes at me as she moved closer. "You really didn't know?"

I chewed my lip. "No. How didyou know?" I whispered.

Lee touched my face, her palms warm on my cheeks. "I just knew. It's something innate, I've noticed. We can sense each other. Plus, like I've said, your aunt and I were close. She told me about her research, about you." She inspected my face, curious. "What all do you know?"

I laughed, closing my eyes in disbelief over the words that were coming out of my mouth. "I'm a werewolf, my entire family were werewolves, and you're a were-lynx. I also know I can't live without you."

She nodded, lips shifting into a wicked smile. "That about sums it up." And she kissed me, possessively, her mouth warm and gentle. Her arms wrapped around my body and I sighed with comfort, the contact enchanting.

"So," I murmured against her, causing her to pull back. "Does this mean we're..."

"Mates?" Her voice was a whisper, as tentative as I felt.

I nodded, dropping my eyes.

Her fingertip brought my chin up, forcing eye contact. "It would appear that way," she chuckled. "Want to see something cool?" When I nodded, she stepped back, stripping her shirt and bra. I tried to keep my eyes off her breasts as she unbuttoned her pants and dropped them to the ground. Suddenly, her skin rippled, muscles tensing. At a short sprint, she bolted off the porch, transforming midair into the beautiful lynx I saw weeks ago in the woods. Although I'd figured it out at that point, I was still dumbfounded seeing her in that form, finding her beauty incredible.

"Oh, my God," I whispered. I stepped down from the porch, kicking my shoes off into the gravel. I pulled my jacket and shirt off, then my pants. My body was vibrating, the need painful. A clawing from within begged for my permission and I surrendered. I shifted, my body convulsing as I hit the ground. Not nearly as graceful as Lee's leap, I transformed. Claws broke through my fingers, fur encasing the length of my body. I closed my eyes until the pain ceased. Standing, I wobbled, Lee padding up to me, pressing her face against my neck in her lynx form. It was incredible. I could feel her, hear her, coaxing me toward the tree line, the moon full and heavy against a pink backdrop, hanging over the tops of the trees.

And we ran, the wind pressing against my face, ruffling my fur, dirt beneath my large paws. A sense of belonging washed over me as Lee and I weaved through the trees beside each other, something I'd never felt before.

I was home.