A Painful Confession: Cliff and Amy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As she finished the meal I thought about my situation. I felt like just leaving and divorcing the bitch. But I realized that would just screw me up and put her in an advantageous situation. I needed a plan. Something that would maintain my integrity and still let her know that things were not okay.

When she called me for lunch instead of staying locked up in the den sulking, I decided to do something unexpected.

"I'll be right there." I called back.

It took a moment to gather my thoughts and resist the anger inside. I proceeded into the kitchen with a placid, indifferent look on my face. Amy had the table set and the food served. She probably expected me to act angry. So I surprised her.

"This looks good." I said as I sat down. "You made tuna casserole. It looks delicious."

We both knew it was one of my favorites. She had clearly taken time to fix it and was trying to please me.

"Its all for you Cliff. I hope you like it"

"It looks wonderful. Can we say grace before we eat?"

Amy's smile faltered a bit. We hadn't said the blessing in years.

"Of course...I mean...if you want."

I closed my eyes and went into a rather short, but pointed prayer about thanking god for giving us this food, our loving home and for giving us each other. I didn't go into detail about being thankful. But it was pointed enough that when I opened my eyes Amy looked a bit shaken.

I finished with a soulful, "Amen.", and then said, "Let's eat."

For the next twenty minutes I ate the delicious food. I forced myself to be pleasant and kept the conversation light and amiable. There were a few awkward moments when she wasn't sure my attitude was authentic. But pretty soon Amy began to open up and respond to my conversation. For the rest of the meal she seemed to accept that I was putting our problem aside, at least for now.

Through the meal we chatted about the weather, our plans for the weekend and any other bland subject I could think of. I know she must have been surprised that I was getting along with her. After a couple days of troubled silence, this must have been a relief. I was still angry of course. But I put on a good show.

Afterward I helped her clean up and she seemed happy. She asked me if I wanted to go out tonight as we usually did. I told her no. I just want a quiet night at home and she seemed satisfied with that answer.

As we both cleaned up Amy accidentally bumped into me a few times. When I didn't complain her she began to touch me and rub my arm. When she tried to hug me I let her. I didn't refuse any affection she wanted to display. But while I didn't outright reject her, I didn't respond either, or make any move that let her think I wanted to reciprocate. We just had a pleasant afternoon meal, like any other platonic roommates would have.

After lunch, Amy found me working outside in the yard. She called me in for a break. I told her I wanted to finish the work I started. She was disappointed, but didn't argue.

Later she came outside and said she was going out for a while. She said she wanted to do some shopping and run some errands. She said she wouldn't be too long. In the past I would have just wished her a safe trip and gone back to work. Not now. For the first time in our marriage I didn't believe her one bit.

I had an idea.

"Give me a few minutes and I'll go with you." I suggested, trying to appear nonchalant. "We can go together, There's some stuff I need to get."

"Oh." She said, looking a little surprised. "Are you sure? I won't be long. I just need to run out for a short time. I'll be right back."

"No. Its no trouble. I'll be ready in ten minutes."

I started up the stairs when I noticed her moving into the kitchen. I waited a moment as she made a call and listened on the stairs as she engaged in a hushed conversation.

"...I can't...not now..." I heard her say into her cell phone. "No...he wants to go with me...I tried to tell him...you're probably right...I can't...I haven't asked him yet...I don't think I should, he's acting weird since I told him...I know...don't say that...maybe tomorrow okay..."

Then she giggled merrily at something he said. I knew she was talking to him. I guess I messed up their plans for the day. Tough shit.

After we got home from shopping, Amy seemed in a pensive mood. I could see she was distracted, but she didn't appear upset. I just let her go on day dreaming about her fucking boyfriend without acting upset.

When we put away the groceries, Amy asked, "You want to go out tonight Cliff? There's a night club some of the girls told me about. They say its nice, has good food and a live band. You feel like taking me dancing?"

She flashed a hundred watt smile that in the past would have melted my heart and make me want to do anything for her. Tonight I just shook my head.

"No."

She was taken back a little by my abrupt refusal. "Why not honey?" She said with a pout. "You know I love dancing and we haven't been out in a while."

"Last time we went out you said I couldn't dance. Remember?"

"That was quite a while ago and I was just kidding."

"If you were kidding why did you dance with all those other guys and leave me sitting by myself at the table?"

"That's...uh...I don't remember that..." She mumbled.

"And two weeks ago you went out with your friends." I reminded her. "You said it was girls only night. But now that I know you're with Cody I assume that was just a cover to go on a date with him, right?"

Amy's smile disappeared.

"No...Cliff...that's not right..." She blurted out. "I-I didn't...it was..."

"Come on Amy. You said no more secrets right?"

I laughed. She was lying and we both knew it.

"We know you've been fucking around for months, hiding your affair from your dumb old husband. I can tell by the guilty look on your face that you're lying. He was your date that night and I'm sure that bastard took you dancing, right?"

Amy just stared at me. Her face went a little pale and she looked tentative as she struggled with a response.

"So tonight, why would you want to go out with a stumbling idiot like me that can't dance, when you could be out with a young stud like him?"

"I'm sure you'd just compare me to him all night long. Since he's young, hot and ready to fuck, your boring old husband would lose out in the comparison."

"...oh honey...that's not...no Cliff...I wouldn't do that..."

"Sure you would. You've been doing it for months."

I could almost see the wheels turning in her head. I had just thrown out an unproven accusation. But it seemed I was right, she was out with that shit head that night. Should she continue lying about her activities that night, or confess the truth? Eventually she couldn't decide and just sighed in frustration. She spun on her heels and went upstairs to the bedroom.

I went into the den for a while to keep away from her. Later when I came out I found her in the kitchen. I went in to get a beer. Then I went to the living room and turned on the TV. She showed up a few minutes later with a glass of wine.

"Mind if I join you?" Amy asked pleasantly.

I noticed she had changed. She was now wearing a thin tank top that fit tight to her breasts and left her arms and shoulders bare. She also was wearing a pair of tight, skimpy shorts. I couldn't miss the scent of her spicy perfume.

"Suit yourself."

I was sitting on the sofa this time. I moved to the side giving her the rest of the sofa. She made it a point to sit right next to me.

During the TV show Amy grew more amorous. She must have finally noticed that while I was pleasant to her, I was anything but romantic. When I didn't make any move to touch her she moved closer to me and leaned against me. She was so close her leg pressed against mine and I felt her boob rubbing my arm.

I knew the wine had her a little high, maybe even a little horny. She certainly wasn't drunk. When her head moved close to my neck I picked that exact moment to say, "I need to use the bathroom Amy." I politely moved her back, got up and walked away.

As I left the room I saw her look at me funny because I almost never fail to respond to her advances. I finished up in the bathroom. But instead of going back to the living room, I went into the kitchen.

"You want more wine Amy?"

"No more. Not now."

"Okay."

"You coming back?" She asked. "This show is getting good."

"Not right now."

I purposely stayed in the kitchen for a while. When I thought it was long enough I left the kitchen with a beer and went straight into the den, shutting the door behind me. As expected, Amy opened the door a few minutes later.

"Whatcha doing?" She asked with a smile.

"Just some stuff I need to get caught up on."

"You don't want to watch the show?"

"Better not."

"Oh. Okay."

She was still standing there as I kept my attention on the computer. When I didn't look at her I could almost sense her frustration. I knew she was puzzled. After such a nice dinner I'm sure she hoped there'd be a thawing in the atmosphere. A minute of so later I felt her hands on my shoulders.

"Whatcha looking at now?" She asked, glancing at the computer screen and pretending to show interest.

I had pulled up some paperwork from an account I was working on. It was a complicated financial spreadsheet. So I knew she wouldn't know what it was.

"I got kind of busy on Friday and didn't finish this." I told her. "I didn't think you'd mind if I missed the show."

"Oh...of course not."

I shivered when she began rubbing my neck. She knew I like having my head and neck rubbed, and she made the massage suggestive as she could. Her hands were moving around my neck, scratching my head a bit. I could smell the alcohol on her breath when she leaned down and kissed my head lovingly. I just ignored her.

It took ten more minutes for her to get the hint that I wasn't interested. Finally she just walked away and went back to the living room.

"Could you shut the door please?"

"Okay." She said as she pulled it closed behind her.

I breathed a sigh of relief. After being my sole lover for so long Amy still turns me on a lot. All the shit she was doing was designed to get me horny and it was working. But I was determined to remain disinterested in her feminine charms. I had no intention of sharing them with another guy.

It took me three hours to finish the work. When I went upstairs to bed I found her asleep. She was wearing a very revealing nightie with matching panties. I guess he wanted to seduce me. In that skimpy outfit it sure would have wet my appetite for sex. She planned to surprise me but grew tired from the wine and fell asleep.

Sunday morning I got up before Amy. When I finished getting dressed, I fixed a nice breakfast and took it to her in bed. She was surprised.

"What brought this on Cliff?" She asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"I just wanted to give you something to eat, before we go to church."

Amy's smile disappeared. "Church? We haven't gone to church in years."

"I know. But it would be nice to start going again. We haven't been as close these last few months, I think going to church would help us reconnect."

"I don't want to. Sorry."

"I already told your parents we were going."

"WHAT??" She cried. "My parents! Why'd you do that??"

"Because I thought you'd want to go." I answered calmly. "But if you don't want to go just stay home. I'll just have to explain that you're too tired for church and changed your mind."

Amy's blue eyes drilled into mine like lasers. I knew telling her about her parents would force her to go. She certainly didn't want to act like she was snubbing the church. Disrespecting her husband was okay, but not disrespecting God.

After church Amy was irate. She found out that my threat about her parents was a hoax. Making it worse was the Pastor's sermon was about the sin of adultery, so the point was spot on. She put on a pretty smile as we left the church as she shook hands with the Pastor and his wife. Then she let me have it.

"You bastard. You got me good this time. I know you never told my parents a thing about church."

I didn't dispute her. It was the truth. But it did put a bug in her ear about cheating and that was the point.

She tried to get me in an argument the rest of the day. Probably to have a reason to get out of the house. I didn't take the bait. I just kept smiling and telling her that church was good for her, while she yelled back that I was a liar and was just trying to manipulate her.

Our after Church Dinner was a sober affair. I kept trying to engage her in conversation, but she didn't want to talk. That didn't bother me one bit.

Later in day she told me she was going out for a while. No explanation this time, she was just going out. As she got ready to go, I went to her purse and removed her cell phone. I went through her messages and found that she had been texting her sister, who told her that she didn't know anything about church. She also text her boyfriend and arranged a meeting with him this evening.

I was pissed as hell at the shit he was telling her. Complimenting her on her hot body and how great she was in bed. She responded and made arrangements to see him later at a local restaurant. Using her phone I sent him a text that I couldn't wait to see him, but that I'd be a little late, probably around ten o'clock. Since he'd have to be at school early, it will be inconvenient for him to be out waiting for her when he had to work tomorrow.

I removed the battery from her cell, put tape over the contacts and reinstalled it in her phone. Then I went out to her car and pulled off one of the battery contacts. Now she had no phone and no car.

Since we no longer had a home phone, only our cell phones, there was no way to contact that asshole to cancel her date. I just sat in the living room watching TV, waiting for the shit to hit the fan.

Amy came downstairs dressed casually but nice. Not slutty, but the tight sweater and jeans fit her slim body nicely. She looked quite respectable. She was still angry at me and shuffled past as she went out to her car.

"I'll be back later." She said abruptly.

"Where you going Dear?"

"No where for you to care about." She huffed.

"Okay. Have fun."

Less than five minutes she was back.

"Cliff! My car won't start." She said clearly upset. "Can you look at it?"

"What happened?"

"How do I know? I just won't start. I turn the key and nothing."

"Let's have a look."

As I stood over the engine with the hood raised, Amy walked away trying to call on her cell phone. I just puttered around for a bit, as she began cursing.

"What the hell! My phone isn't working either."

"Really?" I responded with surprise. "Is the battery charged?"

"I thought so. Damn it! Now what!"

"You want to use mine?" I asked, holding out my phone.

I knew she needed to call her boyfriend but hated to on mine because I'd know who she called. I saw her glancing around, trying to figure out what to do.

"Naw. That's okay. I'll call later."

"Well I don't know what's wrong with your car." I told her with a shrug. "I guess we'll have to have it towed in the morning. But I can drive you where you're going if you want me to."

I gestured to my car and she just stared at me for a moment. Nothing was working out for her date.

"I-I...I guess I don't have to go..."

"You don't want to go now?"

"No...I'll just wait till tomorrow."

"You'll need me to drive you to work then, right?"

With a forlorn look Amy sighed, "Yeah. I guess so."

I got up in the night and found her purse. I removed the tape from her cell phone so she couldn't blame me for messing with it. Monday morning I drove her to the school. Amy didn't have any choice but to accept. She was quiet the whole way and didn't look pleased.

I knew that she and asshole went to lunch together sometimes. But I doubted they had a chance to fuck during the day. Too many kids around. According to her they were fucking after school at his apartment.

I got half a dozen calls from Amy's school. I knew she was desperate to tell me that she'd get a ride home, no doubt from her boyfriend. I just ignored them. I made sure to leave work early and got to Amy's school before her last class let out. I waited for the kids to leave the room. When I showed up in her classroom she was quite surprised, and not too happy.

"Hey honey. Ready to go home?" I chirped happily.

She leveled a harsh glare at me.

"I called you all day Cliff. Why didn't you call me back?"

"Sorry. I was pretty busy today."

"I wanted to tell you I've already arranged a ride home."

"Oh really? Well, no matter. I'm here now so lets go."

At that moment a tall, athletic guy with dark hair breezed into the room. He moved easily toward my wife like he expected her to come over and kiss him. Of course I recognized him right away. It was her boyfriend Cody. I'd seen him before but I didn't take note of him that much then.

A few feet away he looked even younger than I remember him. More like a college Frat boy than an adult Teacher. He had on sneakers, shorts and a tee shirt which displayed his his muscular arms and legs. He's an asshole but he was good looking and did appear to be in great shape. I could see why Amy was attracted to him.

Amy's eyes widened when he arrived. Cody looked a little confused.

"Oh...Cody...uh..." She sputtered. "I-I was just telling uh, Cliff that I..."

"...that she already has a ride home." I said completing her sentence.

I kept my cool because I knew there was a possibility he'd be there. He looked surprised to see me. When he recognized me he smiled annoyingly and glanced from me to my wife.

"Oh hello." He said extending his hand. "I'm Cody Bakerfield."

I ignored it and replied coolly, "Yeah. I know who you are."

Trying to diffuse the tension, Amy squeaked, "Cody this is Cliff. My husband. I think you met him once."

The young man's confused expression softened a bit as he remember me.

"Oh that's right. Yes. Cliff Wilson. I remember you. Nice to see you again."

"I'm sure it is."

"I remember we met at Parent's night a few months ago. I've heard a lot of good things about you from Amy. She holds you in high regard."

"Not high enough I guess." I replied with an edge.

I glanced warily at my wife. She looked like she was holding her breath.

"Amy let's get outta here." I said wrinkling my nose as if the smell bothered me.

She began to gather her things as Cody turned to me.

"Excuse me for a minute Mr Wilson. Can I call you Cliff?"

I scowled and ignored his question.

"What the hell do you want?"

"Just a minute of your time Cliff. I know there's some tension between us. I guess its understandable. But there doesn't need to be. I know Amy let you know about our friendship."

"So?"

"So, I just wanted to make it clear that I have no animosity toward you and I do respect the strong, loving relationship you have with you wife."

"Is that why you're fucking her?" I asked.

Across the room I heard my wife inhale sharply with concern.

Cody nodded sympathetically. "Yes, its true. Amy and I are good friends and we have expressed our friendship intimately. But that doesn't mean we don't respect you and your place in her life. On top of that neither of us wants to do anything to damage your marriage or your family. We can only be friends and no more than that. She's always said she loves you and only you."

This is one slick talking mother fucker I thought.

Cody continued his speech with a smile.

"I hope you won't resent my friendship with Amy. She has been a wonderful influence on everyone around her, including me. Once we got caught up in our relationship, we realized we should have come to you before we became intimate. That was all my fault. She was totally proper in her behavior and it was me that took things further than I should have."