A Perfect Marriage Ruined Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, David," Anna said with a sigh. "He didn't say anything because we've been able to pay off bills with my income, but I could tell by his looks that he didn't like me going back to my old wardrobe. His insecurities began passively screaming at me again."

Theresa sighed too, not because of David's attitude, but rather, it seemed Anna was putting value in her job over her marriage.  If she was as dutiful as she says to improve her marriage, she would've taken the progress made from her bland dressing and built on it. Instead, she opted to reverse the course, dress provocatively, and force David to trust her.

"We go back to trust," Theresa said.

"Exactly," Anna said. "I don't know how I can ever make him trust me again. I'm going to be around men. He needs to accept that. To his credit, he is trying. But it's hard for him. He's never been... macho? For lack of a better word. He's always had hidden insecurities. When we first began sleeping with each other, he was always asking about my former lovers, seemingly trying to size himself up. I guess you could say... literally... trying to size himself up. I think he's always been embarrassed about his penis size, to be honest."

Theresa wanted to roll her eyes. Men and their penis sizes. When have I EVER cared about a man's penis size? Though, I did have that patient recently who was quite open about her love of sucking and fucking bigger cocks. Perhaps Anna secretly enjoyed Jake's big penis more than she realized. Perhaps she's tempted by something bigger... something more exciting. Perhaps David is more perceptive than he appears to be and that's why he's insecure? Having a wife as good looking as Anna must be tough for anyone. Yes, this is starting to make perfect sense. No wonder he's insecure about her new job.

"Tell me about your male co-workers, Anna. How many are there and how would you define your relationship with them. Do you get on okay?"

"There's quite a few and yes I suppose generally I get on okay with them," Anna said as she looked down at the floor. She took a deep breath.

"Do they hit on you... do they ask you out?" Theresa asked.

Anna's head shot up to see Theresa staring intently into her eyes. "I... erm... now and again," she replied, "but it's nothing I've not had to put up with before," she added quickly.

"How do you feel about it... do you like the attention... does it excite you?" Theresa asked, snapping out the word excite.

"I'm sorry?" Anna said with a confused look on her face. "Why would you ask me that?"

"It's a yes or no question, Anna."  Theresa said glancing up at the clock, trying to wrap this up.

Anna slumped back in her chair and took a deep breath. I must be honest with her.  After all, I'm paying money for her confidentiality.

"I've recently thought about times before my marriage that I hadn't thought of in a long time. Back then I was always considered pretty, but underneath the surface I was shy and insecure. Boys would be intimidated by me. Or at least, the boys I liked. The nice ones. And I took that to heart as if I wasn't smart or genuine enough, that I was just a bimbo with no substance because of my blonde hair and blue eyes.

"When I got to college, I began to come out of my shell by being more aggressive and dating different types of guys, and it was so exhilarating. It was like I was a kid on a playground. I gained so much confidence when I realized how desirable I could be. The boyfriends I had told me all the time how passionate and hot I was compared to other girls, and I loved hearing it. I loved everything about intimacy and learning about it... learning about my body and my limits. Learning about boys and what makes them happy."

Theresa nodded, realizing she was getting somewhere today with Anna and wanted her to continue no matter the clock.

"But" Anna continued. "I also had trouble being too naive with boys and their intentions. I realized there are some real assholes out there, particularly the last boyfriend I had before I met David. I wanted to experience all the joys of intimacy, even the naughty things, but I found I only wanted it to be with men I trusted and felt were genuinely good people, because I had been burned too many times otherwise. That's why when I met David, I fell head-over-heels in love. He made me feel so safe and secure, I could just be normal and not worry about what I was doing and if I was making the right choices. He was so perfect for me."

"Was?" Theresa said with a raised eyebrow.

"oh, um... is. Not was. Is." Anna said unconvincingly. "But getting back to your question. Lately I've looked back to those days before David, and to the Jake incident. And even though I made some mistakes with my choices, it was still exciting to let go of my inhibitions, and I felt so alive. It makes me horny to fantasize about those times, to be honest. I picture David in my fantasies because I trust him and his intentions and feel safe with him. But... it's becoming harder and harder to picture him lately. I see a completely different David in my dreams than in my reality. Sometimes I wonder how those fantasies would feel if I replaced David with another man."

Theresa laid down her pen on top of her notebook and clasped her hands together, and thought, Oh, Anna, my sweet, naive patient. Your engine is revved up, and your fool of a husband is too blinded by his insecurities to see it and do anything about it. He's scared of your sexuality and wants to contain you. Do you not see it?

"Anna, you've told me that you're horny - your words, not mine. And you're now working in an environment with quite a few males. For a vulnerable woman in your state that's a lot of testosterone for you to cope with. Although you say you'd never cheat on your husband again, you're also telling me that you're feeling neglected as he barely touches you - let alone makes love to you. You tell me he's uncommunicative, distant and you're feeling unloved. You're confused. You don't know which way to turn. Am I right?"

"Yes, I guess..." Anna said weakly. "So, what can I do?"

Theresa looked thoughtful for a moment. I know I shouldn't be telling my patients what to do, but I was once in her shoes and let my sexual prime pass me by. I don't want her to share my regrets.

"Women are no longer obliged for the sake of conformity to stay in loveless marriages these days, Anna," she said. "Rise up, experience life and take control of your own destiny and find out if what you've got is really what you want before it's too late. I once made the mistake of waiting for things to get better in my marriage, and I was miserable for years, hoping things would change. They never did, and I regret all the things I missed out on. One of those regrets was turning down fun times with other men, if you know what I mean. Now I'm single, but at my age it's not the same."

"What are you suggesting?" Anna asked with skepticism. Is she suggesting I entertain advances from other men?

"I'm putting myself in your shoes. If I were you - a young, beautiful woman and full of passion - I would find out whether your marriage is going somewhere. I'd force the issue. If David doesn't want to talk, he needs to realize he could lose you. If he doesn't want to cuddle you, or if he's too meek to have sex with you, he needs to realize he could lose you."

She paused, to see Anna was still hanging onto every word.

"Maybe you can plan a weekend away with him," Theresa continued, "and..."

"We've been talking about going to his family's lake house," Anna interrupted.  "Maybe this would be a perfect time?"

"Yes, it would. You can bring the kids, but make sure to carve out some time for David and you to be alone. Try to be romantic. See if the weekend away with him and your kids is the family dynamic you want and need. See if he's willing to compromise and communicate. Just get away from normalcy and maybe that can provide a spark."

"A spark would be nice," Anna said wistfully. "I really need his affection in my life. I look at how my father has always been so loving to my mother, and it makes me so happy to see. I want that again from David. I need that again."

"Yes," Theresa said while nodding. "BUT... if is he unwilling to do that, or if the weekend is not what you envision, perhaps it's time you move on. I'm sure there's other men who can provide you what you're looking for. I regret not having done that sooner. I don't want you to have regrets."

Anna slumped back into her chair with her eyes wide open and thought, had Theresa just suggested I give David an ultimatum and consider moving on to other men?

She finally spoke. "Thanks Theresa, I... I don't know what to say. I guess that makes sense, but I'm just a bit nervous facing the reality of not being with him for the rest of my life. I want to be with him."

Theresa leaned forward and took hold of one of Anna's hands. She squeezed them lightly. "I know my suggestion has probably shocked you, but I like you Anna, and I really want to help you through this. I feel in the short time I've known you that we've become more than just therapist and client. I think we've progressed to being good friends."

She released Anna's hand and then stood and walked over to her office door. She opened it and stood to one side to let Anna pass through. "See you next week," she said with a friendly smile.

"Okay," Anna replied. She returned the smile. As she exited the office complex and stepped out onto the sidewalk, she suddenly felt elated. Theresa's words reverberated in her head. Rise up, experience life and take control of your own destiny.

Yes, that makes sense, Anna thought. Theresa does seem to have my best interests at heart. It's nice to have a friend, someone I can confide in, who understands what I'm going through. This is exactly what I needed.

*****

That night Anna sat David down after the kids had gone to bed and proposed the weekend trip to the lake house. To her absolute surprise, David was fully on board with it and thought it was a great idea. She mentioned to him that it would be good not only for family bonding, but for their marriage. He agreed and said it's been on his mind too, causing her to smile larger than she had in a long time.

"I love you!" she blurted it out and gave him a tight hug. She was extremely relieved she didn't have to face the reality of potentially separating from him if he was unwilling to compromise.

That night, for the first time in a long time, they made love. Even though it was a bit clunky because David spent most of it trying not to picture Jake with his wife, which actually was harder work than the physical act of sex.

He finally accomplished unclogging his mind by reminiscing to the very first time he made love to Anna, and how elated he had been, having never felt so special before. He thought back to how hot she was that fateful night... the way she moved, her moans and groans, how she was much more eager to fuck than he'd ever anticipated. Flashing back to that time now caused him to spurt his load inside his wife sooner than he'd hoped.

Anna wasn't disappointed he came before she orgasmed; rather, she was simply glad they had sex in the first place, and she was pleased David was able to get release. As he got up from the bed to clean himself off, she pulled the sheets up to her neck and smiled. Perhaps things were finally going to get back to normal.

Chapter 12

David took a sip of coffee as he enjoyed hearing the early-morning birds while sitting on his back patio. It was Friday and he didn't have to report to his temp job today; instead, he was looking forward to a weekend trip to the lake house with his family.

Things were starting to shape up well in his life after some rough patches. He finally found some steady work with a good company, and he was hoping to get hired full-time. And now he could focus on improving his marriage.

Anna and he were getting along better, but she had just left for work wearing another stylish dress that showed off her shapely legs, causing a knot in his stomach. He could only imagine how eager the men at her office were to gaze upon her today. He had asked Chris to poke around at her office to find out if anything concerning was going on, such as whether any men had taken an interest in her, but he hadn't heard back from him.

He decided to text his friend to see if there was any news. He smiled to himself knowing that surely Chris wasn't awake yet and would probably be annoyed at getting a text this early. But David's blood pressure raised every time he thought of Anna in an office with men, and perhaps Chris giving him good news would calm him down so that he could have a relaxing weekend at the lake.

After he sent the text, he got up to refill his coffee cup, but he was stopped when his phone suddenly rang. It was his boss, the guy he was hoping to impress in order to land a full-time position at his temp job.

"Good morning, Mark!" David said cheerfully.

"Mornin' Hutchison," the boss replied gruffly, sticking to his usual method of communicating on a last-name basis.

"What can I do for you?" David asked.

"Hutchison, I've got some good news and bad news.  Whad'y want first?"

"Good news first," David answered swiftly, having already felt good vibes on this Friday morning.

"Your next paycheck will be good," Mark said flatly.  "You'll be paid overtime for your hours."

"Well, that does sound good! But what's the bad news?"

"You need to report today and work this weekend," Mark replied.

David went silent and nearly dropped his coffee mug.

*****

- Hey bud, just wanted to follow up with you to see if you picked up any scoop on your visit to Anna's workplace. Give me a ring when you get a chance. -

Chris read the text after waking up and checking his phone. He laid back down in his bed wishing he didn't have to get up and face the workday, especially since he had morning wood and wanted to relieve himself. As he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, he reflected on David's text and how to respond.

He had been quite delighted how his relationship blossomed with Anna Hutchison ever since she had reached out to him for help a few months ago, but lately their interactions had become more infrequent. Part of that was due to Anna becoming busy with her new job. It also seemed David was making a better effort of reconciling with her, causing Anna to be less curious and inquisitive towards Chris about her husband.

But after his recent visit with Hank and seeing the various candid photos he took of Anna, Chris's lust for her rekindled hotter than ever. She was so lovely, and that body of hers... wow! He couldn't get her out of his mind! He knew she normally dressed great, but the outfits in the pictures Hank showed him were stunning on her.

He couldn't get over how big her tits had become since she'd had Grace. Chris had a big tit and nipple fetish for as long as he could remember, and certainly Anna's breasts seemed to fit his criteria admirably now. He was left to wonder whether she had thick, sensitive nipples or whether they were hard, little rounded nubs. He wondered if she would moan if he nibbled on them.

All these thoughts, images, and fantasies of her finally led him to a dangerous conclusion as he lay in bed on this Friday morning: He was going to go all-in on his pursuit of Anna and was no longer going to wait around. Now that David had tasked him to keep an eye on her at the office, he could use his double-agent status to manipulate both sides and wheel the circumstances in his favor.

It was rather devious of him to plot their demise, considering what they had gone through in their marriage recently, but for once HE wanted to the be the beneficiary of something big, especially something David has enjoyed. To the outside world, they were a perfect loving couple and model family, but Chris knew otherwise. No doubt he had some guilt about wanting to drive another wedge in their marriage, but he rationalized that if Anna was willing to cheat on David again, this would only prove their marriage wasn't meant to be and he'd be doing them a favor.

His brain began plotting his next move before responding to David's text. Anna was his holy grail and he felt now was the time to make his move, David be damned.

Chapter 13

David Hutchison had spent the morning getting his gear together for the impromptu work trip suddenly required of him. He still hadn't notified his wife yet, nervous how she would react to him canceling the trip. He likened it to popping a balloon. There had been a lot of positive momentum building in their marriage towards this trip, so he knew it was a setback.

He still hadn't heard from Chris and was itching to receive a callback to see if his friend picked up any scoop on his visit to her workplace a few days prior. He was dying to know if there might be other men behind her sudden reversion to her old wardrobe. No matter how much he tried to shake it, he still couldn't squash his suspicions. He knew he was being paranoid, but he couldn't control it.

The call finally came later that morning.

"Hey buddy, how are things?" Chris said in greeting.

"Wish I could say things were better," David replied. "This new temp job I'm doing for the State's contract just notified me I have to travel out of town this weekend. Anna, the kids and I were supposed to go to the lake house today. She's not going to be happy I'm cancelling."

There was a noticeable pause, as Chris pondered the news. This is certainly interesting. Perhaps I can egg David on that Anna should be happy for him, not upset. Maybe that can cause a fight between them.

"You have to do what's necessary to make a living," Chris finally responded. "Anna shouldn't complain, she should be happy for you."

"She's always been understanding," David said defensively. "But she was really excited for this trip. You know, family bonding and all that. She planned to use it to work on our marriage, whatever that means."

There was another pause as Chris thought. The plot thickens. Certainly, Anna won't be happy he's cancelling. I know how much she wants to improve their marriage. If I can push David towards arguing with her, that would make it worse...

"Right, but Anna seems to make everything about her," Chris said distastefully, which surprised David because his wife always seemed to be unselfish.

But David wasn't in the mood to debate Anna's personality. Instead, he cut right to the chase and asked, "so tell me, do I have anything to worry about after your visit to her office?"

Time to calm David down, so that he gives me room to work on her, Chris thought.

"None," Chris said quickly, causing David to let out a sigh of relief. "I spoke to the boss himself. She has not flirted with anyone and has been ice cold towards any advances. The reason for her going back to her usual wardrobe has to do with making sales. Ole' Hank wants his customers eager to do business, and if the first thing they see walking into the office is Anna dressed nice, well..."

David pondered his comment without replying. Yes, he was happy to hear she wasn't flirting with men, but he wasn't exactly comfortable with his wife being some show-pony for customers. Chris sensed his hesitation, so he continued.

"But like I said, she's not flirting with other men. She's just dressing nice for the sake of the job. I think you should ease up on her."

After a pause, David agreed. "You're probably right. Thanks for checking in on her."

"Anytime," Chris said. I plan to do more than just check in on her.

"I mean, I trust her and everything," David said scratching his nose, which indicated he perhaps didn't fully believe his own statement. "It's just... you know, what we dealt with before at her old job..."

1...345678