A Twist of Destiny Bk. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's good to finally meet you," Grace said.

That got my attention and I sat up straighter as I changed back to my normal form, no longer needing or feeling the desire to be female in this gorgeous young woman's presence. "'Meet' me?" I asked with confusion. "Explain, please."

Grace sat down on the edge of the bed beside me and smiled congenially. "I was animated only a few hours ago from my subjective time. My entire gestation period, from embryo to adult, was spent inside of a maturation chamber. During my gestation. my brain was educated and filled with knowledge. Some of that knowledge is of you and every other member of my family, who I know as intimately as if I was raised with them all of my eighteen years of life. Aside from Holly and Adam, you're the only other member of my family that I've ever met in real life, even though I know everything about you already."

"So you have me at a disadvantage," I stated, "because I know absolutely nothing about you. All I know is that, a few moments ago, you were little more than a sperm and an egg, conjoined and working towards creating the embryo that would eventually become you."

"I am an open book to you, Father. Anything that you want to know, you need but ask and I will tell you. And despite my foreknowledge of you, I can already attest to the fact that the experience of you is just as new and exciting for me as it will be for you." She placed a warm, gentle hand on my naked thigh, which sent shivers down my spine. "Think of it as meeting the one person you've always known that you were destined to meet. We have always had a sense of each other, but now we can share in the knowledge that we are real people and not just abstracts of thought or imagination. Thought for me, imagination for you."

I nodded with understanding, amazed at this marvel sitting next to me. For someone who'd just been, for all intents and purposes, born a few hours ago, she was remarkably refined and articulate. Her thoughts were fully-formed and her words were structured in a way that bespoke wisdom and experience, even though she had earned neither. But the sheer force of her character was proof enough that she did indeed possess those two qualities- and more.

"I just can't believe... where do we begin?" I asked. "What do we talk about?"

"Well," she replied reasonably, "I know a great deal about you while you know nothing about me. Let's amend that. I am matured to the biological age of eighteen. I possess every power and ability that you do, with some minor enhancements that really don't amount to much. For instance, I can morph into anyone I wish, just like you can, but I am able to do so without touching the individual I wish to be. All I need is a trace DNA sample, which can come from anything, even a fingerprint, in order to replicate their DNA and 'become' them. I can teleport to any point I desire, like you, but I am able to go to a destination that I have not yet been to- I triangulate the location with data collected from others around me, on a subconscious level and pull my coordinates from the psychic ether. I can transmute objects, just like you, but I don't have to be in direct contact with an object in order to morph it; I use the air around me as a medium. All my other abilities are identical to yours and in no way exceed them.

"My hymen was surgically removed when my body entered into puberty, a procedure that I am especially grateful for, since I am aware of how painful losing one's virginity can be. I love to sing, even though I have never sung a single note in my life. I am fully aware of my natural predispositions as well as the ones which were, for lack of a better term, programmed into me."

I stopped her there. "What do you mean by programmed? Hypnotic suggestion?"

"Oh, no," Grace answered with a wave of her hand. "My brain and engrams were literally shaped. I share many of the same traits that you do, Father, but I am bound to you as a subordinate. In every sense that you can imagine, I am your Second. I am your second-in-command on the Athena (which I know forwards and backwards), your backup in any conflict and, most especially, your second daughter. I am to serve as your ballast, that which keeps you on an even keel. I am meant to anticipate your needs when you aren't aware of them and ensure that your orders are carried out, or carry them out myself, if need be."

We then heard the sound of the family car approaching the house down the long driveway. I swung my legs off the bed as she stood up gracefully. "If there's more," I said, "I'll have to hear it later. Kathy and the kids are home early. I'll go prepare them for meeting you."

Grace gave me a pretty smile. "You don't have to worry about it," she said softly. "I know them almost as well as I know you. It'll be fine. Relax, Father."

That she could sense my unease wasn't a surprise to me, but it was strange to be on the receiving end of that particular ability. I was so used to have the upper hand in knowing what others felt without having to reveal my own emotional state, but with Grace, I realized, I would be unable to hide anything. She could read me like an open book.

"Nevertheless," I said, "I'd like to give them a head's up before they see you."

"If that's how you wish to do it, Father, then I will wait here until you call for me."

Chapter Thirty-Three: An Exception to the Rule

"Honey," I said as Kathy and the kids returned home with their load of groceries, "I need you to sit down. We have to talk." The kids exchanged glances and started to drift back to their rooms, but I added, "All of us need to talk."

When they all were seated in the living room, I quickly retrieved Grace from her hiding place in the bedroom. As I led her into the living room by hand, under the watchful gaze of my family, I tried my best not to look like the proud father that I was. Her undeniable beauty captured the attentions of my wife, son and daughter so completely that I'm not even sure if they had managed to work themselves past their feelings of surprise. When the two of us stood before them, I introduced her. "Kathy, Holly, Darren... this is Grace... my daughter." I then went on to explain what had happened while they were out.

Kathy, in particular, studied Grace for a very long, quiet time. When I was done with my story, she nodded thoughtfully and then looked at me. "You're serious, aren't you?"

I nodded my head solemnly. "As a heart attack, which is almost what I had when Holly- the future Holly- told me what was going on. I honestly don't know how to move forward here. I've been assured by the future Holly that Grace will be welcomed into our family, but it's just so... abrupt that I don't know how that will happen."

My wife, without taking her eyes off of Grace, who had remained quiet the whole time, simply said, "David, honey, I think it'd be best if you find somewhere else to be for the next hour or so."

The subject was not up for negotiation or discussion and it was evident in her tone, absent-minded though it seemed. I didn't even try to protest and simply 'ported myself to the Athena, where I could run some diagnostics on the ship and try to keep myself preoccupied while my family decided what to do with our newest member.

---------------------------------

My going to the ship turned out to be a good idea, all things considered. I walked around the ship aimlessly, poking my nose in here and there. Of course, I was clothed, but that's only because I have it ingrained in me to be in public places with clothes on, even though I never saw another living soul because I didn't have a crew (yet). But it was nice for me to get a more visceral "feel" for how the ship was laid out, despite the fact that I was the one who built and designed it. After a short time, however, the silence aboard the Athena started to feel a little creepy. A ship is supposed to have sounds on it. Its primary purpose is to convey people from one place to another. Even at rest or docked she should have someone aboard her, kind of like keeping her company. I also wondered about the problem of not actually having people to crew her.

The other Guardians were trained up on how to use the ship's controls, but I doubted that they would be too terribly excited at the prospect of gadding about space. They went to Kholain because it was part of The Mission, not for the thrill and excitement of discovery and exploration. To them, there was more than enough to explore and discover back on Earth without mucking about in space. I, however, found the idea very enticing. The Athena is a good, strong ship. She should be put to use, damn it.

But I held fast to my belief that Humanity, as a whole, still wasn't ready to be in control of the technology represented by the Athena. So what do I do as a solution? Do I go around the planet and look for people I can trust, who are smart enough and who would take it seriously? Perhaps, but I wouldn't be able to find them right away, and certainly not without pissing off a lot of other people. Such a recruitment of crew would have to be both clandestine and very specific. In the meantime, though, I was stuck without anyone to help me man this ship.

Or was I? I walked through Sickbay and the holographic doctor appeared. "Please state the nature of the medical emergency," he said briskly. I regarded him curiously for a few seconds. Of course I recognized him- he looked just like the actor who'd portrayed him on Star Trek: Voyager. I made a mental note to fix that. I thought an attractive female doctor would be far more relaxing to work with. She'd be no less talented or capable than the Mark I , but she'd be a hell of a lot easier on the eyes. "Pardon me, Captain," the holo-doc said cautiously. "Are you injured or sick? Do you require medical attention?"

I shook my head. "Negative. Thanks, anyway." He vanished into thin air without another word and I was left alone to my thoughts once again. A moment later, I smiled and headed for the bridge.

The bridge, just like the rest of the ship, was devoid of life and activity. A few minor systems monitors were displayed at the Ops station, but other than that, it was like a dead place. I knelt down on the deck, placed my palm flat on the carpeting and closed my eyes. A few seconds later, I stood.

"Computer, activate holographic bridge crew." A split-second later, five people in Starfleet uniforms appeared in front of each station and promptly took a seat. "Computer, scan my clothing. This is to be the standard uniform for all holographic crew members with a single colored stripe going down the right sleeve of each tunic. Blue for science and medical, red for command, gold for engineering and security. All others will have a white stripe. Execute." In the blink of an eye, each crewman's uniform changed to suit my preferences while they worked at configuring their workstations to suit their preferences.

"Status report," I called out, wondering who would respond.

The nondescript individual at the Ops station, sporting a gold stripe, stood up and faced me. I didn't recognize him, but he seemed realistic enough. "All ship's systems are running at peak efficiency, Captain. Engines are powered down and in stand-by mode. Nothing else to report." Then he sat back down and went back to... well, nothing.

"I'll be in my ready room. Please contact my personal residence and transfer the call there," I said as I turned around and walked towards my personal office. When I took my seat behind the desk, the desk monitor came to life and showed that I had an active call waiting. I activated the call and saw my wife's smiling face. "Hiya, honey. Is it safe for me to come back yet?"

"You may come back now, my love. By the way, who was that I just spoke to a minute ago? Is he a new member of the team?"

"Nope. He's just a member of my new holographic bridge crew. I figured I'd be a little productive up here while I waited for you to decide if you're going to kill my daughter."

Kathy let out a small bark of laughter. "Kill her? Ha! She's fantastic, honey! Why on earth would we do something like that?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I barely know the young woman, myself. Hell, you've had more time with her than I have. I have almost no idea what she's like. I was worried that she might upset you somehow."

My wife chuckled lightly and waved me off. "Switch off and come home, honey. Everything's fine."

"I'll be home in a few minutes, then. Love you."

"I love you, too, David. Home out."

The screen went blank and I strode onto the bridge. "Who has the Conn while I'm not here?" I asked openly.

The Ops officer stood up. "I do, sir."

I nodded at him curtly. "I'm leaving the ship. Standing orders are to keep the ship in stationary orbit above my residence. You will not respond to any hails except from authorized subspace stations. As far as anyone else is concerned, this ship is running silent. Notify me at my residence if anything serious comes up."

"Yes, sir."

I 'ported home, which probably gave that holographic officer a little something to chew on. His psychology is oriented to the Trek universe. When a person leaves the ship while it's in orbit, they usually do so using a transporter pad. I, however, have absolutely no use for a transporter.

------------------------

They were sitting, all four of them, in the living room, spread out on the three separate couches therein, and laughing about something. Holly was alone on one couch, Darren had the one closest to me to himself, and Kathy and Grace sat beside each other at the center sofa, where she and I usually sat. The media control center that usually separated us had been stowed so that there was nothing between the two women. It took me a few seconds to realize that, in my absence, everyone was now showing only their skin. With a cursory "scan" of the emotional climate in the room I was surprised to find that my family genuinely was getting along.

"Hello, everyone," I said congenially, satisfied that there would not be any fireworks as I willed my clothing to reduce itself down to my normal wrist strap and effectively making me just as naked as them.

Grace stood up while everyone else stayed seated. "Hello, Father," she said happily and opened her arms to receive me in a hug. I approached her but did not fail to take the opportunity to appreciate her nakedness, even though naked is exactly how I left her just an hour before. As I got nearer, I noticed a slight glint coming from her hairless pussy mound and, when I was finally in front of her, I could smell the heady scent of arousal pouring from her body. "It was fine," she whispered in my ear. "I'm home."

"And so am I," I whispered back. When our embrace ended, she lightly touched her lips to mine in welcome, but there was a whole lot of promise behind the kiss, as well. I looked down at my seated wife, who was studying us carefully with a bemused smile on her face. "Hello, my love."

Kathy grinned up at me. "Hello. Welcome back. I'm sorry I chased you off, but I wanted to size up the competition." There was a very obvious glint of playfulness in her eyes. I began to wonder if the scent of arousal was coming from Grace or Kathy. Knowing my luck, it would be coming from both.

"And how does she rate?" I asked with a smirk.

Kathy glanced at Grace, who wore a happy smile. "She'll do."

"Oh, will she?" I asked as I bent down to kiss my wife. I saw it as a positive sign that she did not rebuke me and kissed me just as eagerly.

"Oh, definitely," Kathy said as our lips parted and I sat down beside her. "If I gotta share, it might as well be with her. I sure as hell can't compete."

"Hey!" Holly said sullenly. "Chopped liver over here!"

Kathy looked at our daughter and giggled. "You don't count, Imp. You're my flesh and blood. I see you more as a surrogate rather than a competitor, like an extension of me. Breed with your father as much as you want and I won't twig, but this wonderful young woman here... I had to be more sure of her."

"And I'm glad that you find me satisfactory," Grace said diplomatically from where she stood and then looked around the room. "I seem to have lost my seat."

Kathy waved it off. "Bullshit. Just sit on David's lap. He won't mind."

"The hell I won't!" I said jokingly. "Too much skin-on-skin contact with that minx and I might regress to my Neanderthal stage."

"Honey," Kathy said sardonically, "you don't have a Neanderthal stage. We were born in the same year."

"Racial memory," I countered.

"Jackass," my wife returned and then looked up at Grace. "Go ahead. He's yours. I can't do anything with him."

Grace laughingly took the invitation and sat down on my lap. I almost jumped when I felt her soft-yet-firm ass cheeks make contact with my thighs. It didn't help that she planted herself in such a way that my cock, which wasn't exactly erect but was definitely giving the matter some consideration, was situated right beneath her naked quim. "Oh, you can do plenty with him, Kathy," Grace said as she wrapped her arms around my neck for balance. "You just have to use your imagination a little."

"I dunno," Kathy said sourly. "I'm pretty imaginative and I have yet to figure out a way to control him."

Grace kissed my cheek lightly. "But that's just the thing. You don't control him. All he needs is a nudge in the right direction and he'll pretty much follow your lead from there on his own."

"Like a lamb to the slaughter," Holly added.

"You can't have a slaughter without the laughter," Darren joined in.

I smiled and said, "Baaaaaah."

"I thought Neanderthals only grunted," said Grace.

I shrugged. "They did. Until they met the sheep. Ask any Scotsman."

"Oh, Dad," Darren groaned, "that's just baaaaaaad."

We all laughed lightly at the joke and, when I died away, I absentmindedly started to stroke Grace's smooth, naked thigh. "So did I miss out on any juicy details while I was gone?"

"Some," Grace answered as she glanced down at my caressing hand. "But nothing that we can't cover later. Nothing important, anyway. I will say, though, that this has, so far, been a very enlightening experience to meet all of you. While I was in my maturation chamber I was fed with all kinds of knowledge and data about each of you, but the reality is so much richer than the bare facts."

"What kind of facts were you given?" I asked.

"Standard stuff, I guess. Likes and dislikes, weights and measurements, public records, olfactory memory, images for recognition... mostly it was just statistics. I could get the sense of who all of you were through the hard data, but hearing your voices shape words and seeing your body language gives it all a better context. It's like... you know that saying 'a picture is worth a thousand words'? Well, imagine if, instead of the picture, all you got were the thousand words, committed them to memory and then got to see the picture."

I nodded with understanding. "That's a very poetic way to describe it. I just find it incredible that you came out fully-formed and capable of articulate speech."

"From what little that I saw of it, the future does seem very impressive," Grace agreed. "But I like to think that I'm a true denizen of this time period rather than the one I was grown in. I don't have any frame of reference for that time, really. I was asleep for practically all of it."

"Well it certainly seems to have agreed with you," Kathy pointed out.