Aidan and Katie Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chloe sat and studied our entwined fingers for a long time before she looked up and smiled. There were tears in her eyes, but from the smile they were not tears of sadness. They were tears of joy.

"I love Brittany; I can't imagine my life without her. It's not just the sex..." she giggled, "Though that is awesome, it's that she makes me so happy. We sit and watch a movie and just touch our legs together or hold hands and my heart feels full and happy. When we snuggle together, sometimes we don't even kiss; we'll just trace each other's face with our fingertips." She blushed and giggled. "I had a tiny orgasm one day from just doing that." Chloe's face had become radiant. "I love her; I just love her so much..."

I smiled, envious of her joy. "Have your parents seen you sitting like that? Do you guys jump apart when they come into the room, or do you just sit close when they're not there?"

Chloe looked confused for a minute and then realization dawned on her. "We don't even think about it. We're just together and that's all that matters. It's like no-one else is there."

"Your dad may be one thing, most fathers are clueless unless there is a boy in the vicinity, but are you sure your mom doesn't suspect anything?" I asked gently. "Have you dated any boys since you and Brittany discovered that you were in love?"

Chloe immediately said, "No! That would be cheating. I broke up with Cole Harrison right after Brittany and I made love for the first time. It wasn't fair to him or Brittany."

I smiled, "OK, does your mom ask about boys or dating or anything?"

Chloe sat for the longest time thinking about that. "I don't think that she has asked about any boys since I broke up with Cole."

I could see that she was beginning to get there. "Does she ask you how Brittany is doing? How does she look at Brittany when Brittany and you are together? Does she give you and Brittany space in the house like she gave you and Cole?"

She sat for a few minutes considering my questions. Then she looked up at me, wide-eyed and whispered, "She knows, doesn't she?"

"I believe she suspects and she's giving you the room as an adult to figure this out." I said. "Your mom is obviously very aware of your feelings and trusts you to do what's best for you. I'm not guaranteeing that this is the case, but I think that if you talk to her you might be pleasantly surprised."

Chloe pulled her hands from mine, got up and came around the little table and hugged me around the neck. "Thank you Katie, I think I can do this now." Then she gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek.

She sat back down with a huge smile on her face. The smile disappeared as soon as she took a big slug of her coffee. "Ugh, that's cold."

"Do you want another, do you want to go home or would you like to take another home?" I laughed.

"I'd like to take one home for my mom and I, but I'm going buy them and I'll buy you another." She smiled.

I didn't argue, I just smiled and walked to the counter with her. The transformation in Chloe was remarkable from when we walked into the coffee shop. She was timid and nervous when we came in and she had regained her normal confidence and self-assurance.

We got our coffees and I drove her home. I thought about what I had told her and decided it might be best to make sure she understood that it might not go well. Before she got out of the car I cautioned her, "You may think you know how your mom is going to react if you tell her, but please don't be hurt or shocked if it doesn't go that way. But, also know that I'm here for you, no matter what happens."

She smiled, "I think I'll be OK, no matter what happens, I've got Brittany's love and your friendship and support. If it gets tough, I can live with anything that happens because of Brittany and you."

She got out, walked to the door and her mom met her there. Miranda smiled and waved and I waved back just before pulling away. When I got home I took off my clothes, especially my sopping wet panties. I should've felt badly for getting so turned on over two eighteen year olds making love, but I didn't. I got myself off in the shower and then later in bed.

The next morning I woke up early and decided to get to school early and try and figure out what I needed to do with Senior English. I hadn't been there very long before Chloe was knocking at my door.

I smiled when I saw her. "Good Morning Chloe, how are you today?"

She ran over and hugged me in my chair. She took me by surprise and we rolled back three or four feet, with her hanging onto my neck and dragging her feet across the floor. We both ended up giggling as we banged into the wall behind me.

I peeled her off of me and looked into her smiling face. "Is everything all right?"

She kissed me on the cheek and then stood up. "It's better than OK, Ms. Cunningham."

I smiled at her easily returning to my proper name in school. "How's that?"

"I told my mom everything." Chloe's smile was big enough to light the room.

"Aaannnddd?" I smiled.

"Not only had she figured it out, she was very supportive." Chloe grinned. "She thought it might be coming and had already prepared my dad and my older sister. We talked for a long time and she told me that she had been in love with her best friend, too. They had experimented but decided that they needed to try to have "normal" lives. Mom even made air quotes when she said normal. They parted when they graduated from high school and have never seen each other since. She told me that she loves Daddy, but she thinks about and misses her friend every day. I talked with Daddy and he seemed sad that I might never have babies, but I told him it was too early to think like that. It seemed silly; we wouldn't be talking about babies yet, if I had told them I was in love with a boy."

"I think Mom called my sister when I was talking to Daddy because my sister called me later from college. She told me that she was happy that I had found someone to make me happy. She did tell me that I shouldn't come out in high school because it can be a terrible, brutal place to be different. She had a good friend that came out as gay in high school and he had to move. The jocks made it miserable for him. He tried to just live with it, but his parents were scared for him and they moved to a different city. He had to go back into the closet until he graduated. She said it was very sad, but now he's very happy. I talked to Brittany about it and we're not going to come out as a couple until after graduation. I can't thank you enough for helping me do this."

She came back and hugged me again. She kissed my cheek and whispered, "Thank you, Katie."

I smiled at her after she stood back up. I grabbed her hands and held them as I looked into her eyes, "You're welcome. Please remember that I'm here for you and Brittany anytime you need me."

Chloe floated out of the room and she was still smiling when she came back for Honors English. It seemed like a lifetime since I had the confrontation with Richard, but it was only the day before and I was dreading that class period. I really couldn't be certain that he had been sincere yesterday. I was shocked by the twins' behavior when they came in. They were polite and attentive and didn't try to stir up the other kids. I know I stared at them a little before realizing that Brittany was standing in front of me. She was giggling and had the biggest apple I had ever seen.

She whispered, "This is from Chloe and me, thank you." Then out loud she said, "Ms. Cunningham, we decided that since you had a bad day in our class yesterday..." She turned and scowled at Richard and Harold, who, to their credit looked genuinely embarrassed. "...that we should give you a big apple to say we're sorry."

I whispered, "You're welcome; see me after class, OK?" She nodded and then I said, "Thank you, class." They all looked confused, but Brittany and I understood and that was all that mattered.

Class went smoothly with Richard and Harold participating positively for the first time. I actually had a good time with Senior English for the first time that year. Class went by quickly and the kids seemed disappointed when the bell rang. I even forgot to give them the quiz that I had promised (threatened?) yesterday.

They all left and Brittany hung back. When the class was empty she came up to my desk. "Thank you for talking to Chloe." She said. "I was afraid that she would get scared of what we were doing and run away. I could've stood losing her as a lover, but I couldn't lose her as a friend."

I smiled, "I just wanted for her to understand that what she was feeling, whatever she was feeling was OK. It's so rare to have a parent that is as understanding and accepting as her mom, that it could've been a real problem for her. I just tried to get her to see it from all sides. I didn't just want to tell her, I wanted her to see it for herself. I thought it would help her decide what she wanted to do. I'm so glad it worked out for the best."

Brittany smiled, "We're so grateful to you."

"It was my pleasure." I smiled. "What about you? Is your situation as good as Chloe's?"

She snorted and then turned as Chloe walked through the door. Everyone should get to see something as beautiful as the looks on the two girls faces when they saw each other. Their smiles lit up their faces and my classroom. I was impressed; they didn't run into each other's arms, realizing that they were still in the school building. Chloe simply walked up beside Brittany and the back of their hands touched. It was a mature action, but it was also very sweet.

Brittany tore her eyes away from Chloe and looked at me. "My situation is different. My mom is so deeply in the closet that I'm surprised she can see in the daylight. Her desires are what broke up my parents' marriage. She is so in denial that if I suggest anything that could be construed as supporting lesbianism, she goes completely apeshit. The same thing with my dad. He was so disgusted by my mom's confession to a lesbian affair that he moved out that night. He has literally never laid eyes on my mother since. My grandmother has had to pick me up so that I could visit him. There is no way I could ever tell them that I'm in love with Chloe. But, I'm OK with that." She turned to look at Chloe. "Chloe and her family are all the support and family that I need." Then she turned and grinned at me, "Well, you too."

I just laughed at being included as an afterthought. "So, what about college? I know Chloe is planning on Stanford, but what about you?"

She smiled, "I couldn't get into Stanford on my best day. I'm kind of a tech geek so I found a small tech school near Stanford at which I can get the computer training in software development that I want. They don't have any dorms so you have to get an apartment. Chloe and I are planning on asking her parents if they'll help us get an apartment together, rather than spending the money on student housing."

I was surprised. "You guys have given this a lot of thought."

Chloe smiled, "Yeah, we have. We want to be together so we'll do what it takes."

"I am so happy for you two." I said, smiling. "Just remember, I'm here for whatever I can do for you."

They smiled and said, "Thank you," simultaneously. They reached over and squeezed my hands.

Brittany kind of tilted her head, "What about you? Is there anyone special in your life?"

I shook my head, "Not for a while, my last two ended with each of them finding someone else. One was a surprise when she left the other could never have worked long term, basically because he and I wanted different things from life. I'm OK, though."

They smiled, "You need to find somebody."

I laughed, "You sound like my brother."

They laughed and reached over and squeezed my hands again, "Thank you. We'll see you tomorrow."

I waved, "Bye."

The next month or so was really quiet, the twins were on their best behavior, I watched as Chloe and Brittany's love blossomed and became a beautiful thing to watch.

Elle tried to fix me up with one of the servers in her restaurant, but the only things we had in common were Elle and the fact that we were gay. We couldn't even work up enough attraction to go to bed. After a couple of dates we mercifully put it out of it's misery.

I had settled back into the routine that I had before Aidan and Elle spiced up my life for one night. I had my work, a little daily run, talking to Elle and Aidan and watching Chloe and Brittany's love developing. It was a couple of months before anything out of the ordinary happened in my life.

********************

I was sleeping soundly dreaming about Aidan and Elle. We were sitting in my living room. I was naked, straddling an equally naked Elle's lap kissing her. Aidan was also naked, watching us, stroking his hard cock. Suddenly there was a pounding on the door.

"Shouldn't you get that?" Elle asked.

"Ignore it." I said leaning in for another kiss.

Then the doorbell started ringing and the pounding increased. "Really, Katie, somebody's there, you need to get it." Aidan said. "Katie, you need to wake up and get that."

I realized then that somebody was really at the door. I opened my eyes, rolled over and looked at the clock. I groaned, it was two in the morning and somebody was pounding at my door. I got up, pulled on a robe and stomped downstairs to the front door. I looked through the peephole. Jeannie? What the fuck was Jeannie doing here?

I opened the door. "Jeannie?"

She stumbled through the door, crying. "Is Aidan here Katie? I know he moved in with you. I need him."

I was completely dumbfounded. "Aidan doesn't live here anymore, Jeannie. I would imagine he's at home in bed with Elle."

She turned her tear-stained face to me. "Elle? Who's Elle?" Then a little realization dawned on her face. "That bitch bartender he was always hanging around?" Her face turned ugly and she snarled, "I knew it! I always knew he was fucking that bitch!"

I was tired, she burst in here making accusations about my brother and his fiancée and I'd had enough. I slapped her. "How dare you?!?!" I screamed at her. "You broke his heart! He adored you and you stomped him into the ground. You left a shell for me to try and resurrect and you come in here and accuse him of cheating? After what you did with that skank of a girlfriend of yours? Fuck you Jeannie! Get the fuck out of my house."

She just blinked, which surprised me because I had hit her hard. Suddenly, she collapsed to the floor, crying. "I'm sorry Katie, please don't throw me out! I didn't know what I was saying. Please, please I need a friend right now." She sat there, her face in her hands, looking completely desolate and alone. I was stunned. I walked behind her and closed the door. Then I made her get up and walked her over to the couch. I pushed her onto the couch and knelt in front of her.

"Jeannie?" I asked softly, "Can I get you anything?"

She pulled her hands away from her face. I was surprised by her swollen eyes as I noticed them for the first time; it appeared as though she had been crying for some time. "Katie, I'm really sorry." She repeated. "I know Aidan loves...loved me..." Her chest hitched in a sob. "...and I know I broke his heart. It was my fault...well mostly my fault, my fault and that fucking cunt Karli!" The venom with which she spat Karli's name took me by surprise and I quickly leaned back and fell on my butt. Evidently, that broke the spell and Jeannie started giggling. I felt like a fool, and started giggling also.

"Well," I said, struggling back onto my knees, "Alrighty, then. Do you want to tell me what's going on?" I got up off of my knees and sat next to her on the couch.

She looked sad again and tears started rolling down her cheeks. "I...I..." Her chest hitched and she sobbed and looked so pathetic that I scooted over and took her in my arms. She surprised me again by throwing herself into my embrace.

Her face was buried in my chest when she started speaking. "After I left Aidan, everything was peaceful and beautiful and loving between Karli and me for the longest time. Then after a while, I noticed her getting grumpy with me. I know it's kind of a funny word to describe a girl, but I've thought about it and grumpy best describes her mood most of the time." She paused and looked up at me, it felt like she needed to reassure herself that I was paying attention. "When she would get over it, it would be like it was, since we were kids. We'd giggle and laugh and hold hands, cuddle and make love." She giggled, "Not that we made love as kids...but you know what I mean."

I nodded, but didn't speak. Her face was buried in my chest again.

"Anyway," she continued, "we'd be OK for a couple of weeks and then Grumpy Karli would be back. After a while, the grumpy phases got longer and grumpier and we started fighting. She picked on what I was wearing. She picked on my hair. She picked on what I would order, for myself, when we went out for dinner. If we went to a club, she'd make fun of the way I'd dance and then go dance with some other girl. I'd see her in the crowd, then she'd be gone and then she'd be back. All of the other girls knew I was Karli's girl and they stayed away like I had the plague."

"Then she'd come back and grab her shit and say, 'Let's go,' and barely look at me. We didn't make love and she would barely look at me when we were together. We did that a bunch of times and then one Friday night she said she was going out alone. I asked what I was supposed to do and she looked at me and said with a sneer, 'Whatever.' Then she was gone. She kept going alone and she'd always come home late. I'd had all I could take, so I tried going out by myself to a club last weekend and one of the other girls came up and said, 'You'd better not let Karli catch you out alone, she'll kick your ass. She's made it very clear that you're her property. Get along home now, you little piece of fluff.' I didn't even know what that meant." She looked up at my face and giggled, "I do now, though. When she came home I asked her why she thought I was her property. She looked at me and said, 'Because you are, you dumb little cunt. You'll do what I want when I want, 'cause I own that pretty little ass.' I was stunned."

"Then tonight...uhh...last night...uhh...whatever, she went out and as she left she told me to take a bath and be dressed 'Real pretty', her words, and she'd have a surprise for me when she got home. So I did what I was asked...told...and took a bath, shaved, got dressed in a pretty, sexy little nightgown. I sat on the couch waiting...I suppose like a good little piece of fluff, it got late and I fell asleep. I heard the front door open and there was Karli and she wasn't alone. She had two of the more butchy girls from one of the clubs with her. The biggest one grabbed me and started dragging me towards the bedroom. 'Come on fluff, we're gonna paaaaarrrrrtttttaaayyyy!' I dug in my heels and said, 'The hell we are, get the fuck offa me!' I pulled away from her and we both looked at Karli. The butch said, 'What the fuck, Karli? You said she'd be up for this! I like my fluff submissive, but I ain't no rapist!' I looked at Karli, 'You said I'd fuck this woman? How dare you? I'll fuck who I please when I please and I'm not fucking her. Who the fuck do you think you are?' Karli got this evil grin on her face and said, 'I'm your mistress, get in that room and fuck Ruthie, right now!' I just said no and Karli took a threatening step towards me. I stepped back, I was really, really scared. Then, shockingly, Ruthie stepped between Karli and me. 'Stop right there, Karli. She said no and that's it as far as I'm concerned. You will leave her alone.' She turned to me, 'You got anywhere to go, fluff?' That's another thing; she didn't even know my name."