Aidan and Katie Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I said, 'I don't know.' She said, 'You'd better leave, fluff, because I don't think Karli is gonna be too pleased with you after this. I'll keep you safe until you've got some clothes and shit, OK?' She stayed while I packed my suitcases and helped me get it all to the car. When I was ready to leave, I kissed her on the cheek and said, 'Thank you, Ruthie, I don't know what I'd have done if she'd have brought somebody that wasn't as sweet, kind and nice as you home with her. My name is Jeannie Cunningham; maybe sometime we can meet under better circumstances.' Ruthie had big eyes and touched her cheek and said, 'Sure thing, fluff.' Then she grinned. I got in my car and started driving. I started crying and shaking as I realized what could have happened to me and I got scared all over again. I couldn't think of where to go and then I remembered that Aidan had moved in with you, so I came over here."

Jeannie pulled away from me and stood up. "I'm sorry to have interrupted your sleep; I'll go to a motel."

I sighed, looking at the clock; it was after three. "No, you won't. There's a perfectly good bed in there, that's where Aidan slept. You can crash there until you figure out what you're going to do. I'll help you get your luggage in. Come on."

I went out with Jeannie trailing me. "Katie, you don't have to do this."

"I noticed that you're still using your married name. So, as far as I'm concerned, you're still a Cunningham." I said, "So, you're still family."

I heard a sniffle behind me and turned around. Jeannie was standing there crying. "Thank you Katie. I was feeling like I had no-one, especially after you said that Aidan had moved on." I wrapped her in my arms, holding her while she sobbed. "I'm sorry I said that about Aidan, he's the best man I've ever known, next to your dad of course." That made me smile.

"It's OK, sweetie, you've had a rough night." I said as soothingly as I could. "I'm sorry for slapping you."

"No," she mumbled into my shoulder, "I deserved it."

"OK," I said, "let's get your stuff into the apartment."

We carried it all into what was now, apparently, her room. She sat down on the bed and started crying again. I sat beside her. "Now what?"

"All of my stuff is at her house and I'm afraid that she'll destroy it." Jeannie mumbled.

I sighed, "Look, tomorrow's Saturday. I'll get ahold of Aidan first thing in the morning and have he and Daddy help us, OK?"

Her eyes were huge. "You think Aidan'll help me?"

"You were married to him for five years, what do you think?" I nudged her with my elbow.

She hung her head, "He'll help, even though I don't deserve it."

"Well," I giggled, "I'm not going to argue that and neither will he."

I stood up, "I'm going to bed."

Jeannie looked up at me with big, sad puppy eyes, "Do you hafta?"

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

Jeannie blushed, "I haven't slept alone since the night before Aidan and I got married. Could I sleep with you, tonight? Pleeeeeze! I won't bother you; I'll keep to my side. I don't wanna sleep alone." She sounded like a small child.

I sighed, "I suppose. Get changed and come in when you're ready."

She hopped up and jerked her coat off. "I'm ready now." She obviously hadn't changed when she fled Karli's; she was in a pink silk and white lace camisole with matching shorts. The cami was split, making a flyaway front and the shorts were loose. I had never thought of Jeannie in a sexual manner before, she has been my sister-in-law. But, seeing her standing there in that skimpy outfit, her long brown hair tousled, her chocolate brown eyes sad, but hopeful and that killer body with the big boobs and tight ass, my thoughts were definitely not sisterly. With a jolt, I realized that I had become wet, just looking at her and my nipples had drawn to attention. This was not good.

I coughed, "Uhhh, OK." I then spun on my heel and headed toward my bedroom. I got in there and the right side was messed up from my interrupted sleep, the left side pristine. "Uhhh, yours is the left." I turned toward the bed.

"OK," came her response. "I gotta go to the bathroom first."

I pointed, unable to trust my voice. I climbed in bed. Even though I slept on the right side of the bed, I normally laid on my left side facing in. I knew that would be a bad thing, given the way my body had reacted to Jeannie's clothing and body. So, I lay on my right side and closed my eyes. I feared that sleep would not come easily. That thought worsened when I felt Jeannie crawl smoothly into bed and after a moment felt her lips on my shoulder.

"Thank you Katie, you're an angel," Jeannie's lips were at my ear, her breath soft and then she was gone. "Goodnight," came quietly from the other side of the bed.

"Goodnight." I answered.

I closed my eyes, knowing sleep wouldn't come easily or soon, because of the beautiful creature that was inches from me. I had obviously fallen asleep at some point, because I awoke, remarkably still on my left side, but warmly ensconced in Jeannie's arms. Somehow, not only was her right arm draped over me with her hand cupping my left breast, she had gotten her left arm under me and was cupping my right breast. Her bountiful breasts were crushed into my back and I could feel every delicious inch of them. My nipples were hard in her palms, but no harder than hers in my back. As much as I knew this was wrong, I also had missed close contact with another person, so I lay motionless and absorbed the feelings which I was experiencing. Soon, though, nature began insisting that I answer its call. I stretched, hoping that Jeannie would awaken enough to withdraw. I didn't want to startle her and embarrass her, thinking that if I played enough of a possum, she could pull away, thinking that I didn't know that she was groping me. Either I hadn't moved enough, or she didn't care, or she was really out because her grip didn't change. My bathroom situation was rapidly growing more urgent, so I decided to just slide away from Jeannie and if she was embarrassed, so be it. I slipped out of her grip and stood up beside the bed. I turned to look at her and to my surprise; she was smiling shyly at me, a little blush on her cheeks. I stared for a moment and then went into the bathroom.

I used the bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face, looked into the mirror and asked myself, 'She's your brother's ex-wife, Katie, are you serious?' I just shook my head. I didn't have an answer. When I went back into the bedroom, fortunately I didn't have to try and answer that question immediately, Jeannie had gotten up. I walked over and looked at the clock, it was a little after eight. I hoped Aidan was up.

His phone rang a couple of times before he picked up. "Hey, sweetie, what's up?"

I took a deep breath. "Uhhh, Aidan, I uhhh..." I hesitated.

He laughed, "Come on Katie, it can't be that bad, can it?"

I decided to try and make a joke out of it. "I kinda picked up a stray last night and I need your help, Baby Bro."

"Uh-oh," he said and I could hear the smile in his voice "sounds ominous. I have to assume that the stray is of the human variety, am I right?"

'Here goes.' I thought. "Yeah, you're right, sweet, kind, Baby Bro."

He laughed out loud, "Oh man, this must be bad."

It was time to stop stalling, "For you, it is," I said just as Jeannie walked back into my bedroom her eyes huge, "it's Jeannie."

There was dead silence on the phone. 'Damn the clear cell phone signals.' I thought. I wasn't sure he hadn't hung up. "Aidan? Are you still there?"

He sighed, it sounded resigned, not angry. "That bitch Karli ran her out, didn't she?"

I decided simple was best. "Yes."

"You need me to help get her shit out of Karli's place, don't you?" He said softly.

"Yes," I repeated.

"Today?" He asked with equal softness.

"I think it would be best, Jeannie's worried Karli will trash her stuff, if she hasn't already." I said.

There was silence for a moment, a deep sigh and then, "OK, Elle and I will be by in about a half hour. I'll call Dad and Dave to get their help. I'll ask Dave to call his buddy Clark. Do you remember Clark? He's a DPD cop and hopefully he can swing by. I don't know if Karli will cause trouble, but having a cop there will help squash any problems. Is that OK?"

"It's great, Aidan, I'm sure Jeannie will appreciate it. Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome, we'll see you in a few, love you." Aidan said.

"Love you, too." I said and hung up.

I turned to look at Jeannie. "Aidan and Elle will be here in about a half hour. I wouldn't be dressed like that when they get here. I think Elle would kick your ass."

Jeannie laughed, "You're probably right." She ran over and hugged me. "Thank you, you really are an angel." She got up on her tiptoes and kissed me on the lips, giggled and then ran out, blushing.

I wasn't sure what to make of Jeannie. I put on a pair of jeans, an old sweatshirt and sneakers. I had just gotten done with some coffee when the doorbell rang. I opened it and there were Elle and Aidan. Elle hugged me then took Aidan's hand in hers possessively before Aidan kissed me on the cheek and then stood back and raised an eyebrow.

"Aidan," I said, "After hearing her story, I couldn't turn her away. I needed to help."

He shook his head, grinning. "OK."

Jeannie came in, dressed similarly to me. She walked up beside me and slipped her hand into mine. I looked down at it, and then up at her. I wish I had had a camera right then. Elle and Aidan saw it and their eyes were huge and their mouths, slack. The expression on Elle's face was the most clear. She realized she didn't need to worry about fighting off Jeannie. It was clear that there was something else at play here. I had been feeling something since Jeannie showed up last night and the recognition on Elle's face confirmed it for me.

Elle stepped away from Aidan and touched Jeannie's cheek where it was bruised and swollen from where I had slapped her. Jeannie flinched until she saw the compassion in Elle's eyes. "Did Karli do that to you?"

I know I turned bright red. "No, I did." Jeannie hung her head and Aidan and Elle's heads snapped around to look at me.

Jeannie said, "But, I deserved it. I said something not very nice and Katie straightened me out. Without hurting your feelings by repeating the trash that came out of my mouth, I owe you both an apology. I am very sorry. Aidan, I am especially sorry for what I did to you last year." Tears that had been forming in her eyes began tumbling down her cheeks and she turned her face into my shoulder.

Elle peeled Jeannie away from my shoulder and wrapped her in her arms. "It's OK. For one thing, if you hadn't done what you did, Aidan and I wouldn't be together, so it's worked out for us. We forgive you, don't we, Aidan?"

Aidan sighed and smiled wryly, "Uh, sure." Elle reached back and smacked him and he just grinned.

Aidan looked at his phone, "Hey, we need to get going. I asked Dave and Dad to meet us at Karli's in about a half hour. I'm pretty sure Clark is gonna be there, too, so we shouldn't be late."

Jeannie and I got our stuff together and walked out front. Elle was driving Aidan's truck and Aidan was driving the Lincoln. I looked at Aidan and he said, "Dave is borrowing a truck from work and I figure between my truck, the Lincoln and Dave's truck we can get all of Jeannie's shit. I still have the storage unit and I'm sure that we can get whatever we need into it. Elle is going to drive my truck and Jeannie is gonna ride with her. Katie, I want you with me."

'Uh-oh.' I thought. I glanced at Jeannie and she looked a little panicked. I grinned at her and shrugged.

I got in the Lincoln with Aidan. He just glanced at me at first and started driving. He didn't need to make sure that Elle was with him, he knew Jeannie could direct her. After we got out of the apartment complex, he turned and glanced at me again.

"OK," he said, "spill, what the fuck is going on?" He didn't seem angry, just aggravated.

"Honestly," I said, "I'm not sure. Last night I actually told her to get out after I slapped her. But, she collapsed to the floor and cried so pathetically that I had to hear her story. I'll give you the short version. Things had gotten bad between her and Karli...so bad that Karli actually tried to pimp Jeannie out to a butch last night."

I was watching Aidan's eyes and he turned to look at me, his eyes wide. "No shit? Karli actually did that?"

I nodded my head, "Yep. But, Jeannie refused to go along. It started to get ugly and the butch helped Jeannie out of there. Apparently, the butch is a very moral, sweet woman who was misled about Jeannie's participation. She protected Jeannie while she got packed and into the car. I listened to all of this and decided that Jeannie needed help. That's all there is to it."

Aidan smiled, "Really, that's all there is?" I felt my face get red and Aidan started laughing. "Come on, spill the rest of it."

I took a deep breath. "Jeannie begged to sleep in my bed last night."

Aidan raised his eyebrow and grinned. I slugged him. "What?" He tried to act innocent.

"She said she hadn't slept alone since the night before you guys got married." I explained.

He thought about it for a moment. "That's probably true. So what'd you do?"

I looked down and blushed, "I let her sleep with me."

"Really!" He said.

I slugged him again. "Not like that you dick."

"What?" He grinned.

I just glared at him. "She slept on her side and I slept on my side." Then my blush response gave me away.

"Annnnnd?" He was grinning like an idiot.

I sighed, defeated. "When I woke up, she had her arms wrapped around me and she was holding my boobs." I buried my face in my hands. "But, I did nothing about it."

"Uh-huh." He said, still grinning. Then he softened, "But did you want to?"

I sat very still for a moment, and then I nodded. "There is something so very vulnerable about her. It's just...just...so exciting. She's hot, no she's smokin' hot, she's sweet and I think she likes me. It's crazy, she's your ex, and she hurt you terribly. I should hate her, but I can't. I have been aroused since she got to my place last night. I feel like I'm betraying you."

Aidan reached over and took my hand. "Sissie, look at me." I looked up at him. "I told Elle when I proposed that everything that I experienced in my life up to that point led me to her and I truly believe that. I believe that I had to experience Jeannie's betrayal to appreciate Elle's rock solid loyalty. I had to experience your love to appreciate that Elle loves me more than anybody else, because you love me more than everybody but Elle. Maybe, Jeannie had to betray me to find her way to you, to your unbelievable capacity for love, to your rock solid loyalty. Maybe she had to experience Karli's deception and betrayal to appreciate your capacity for love and loyalty."

I looked away when I felt tears running down my cheeks. Then Aidan asked me to look at him again. "Sissie, give yourself a chance, you deserve to be happy. Just let this thing with Jeannie, whatever it is, run wherever it's gonna run."

"What about Mom and Dad?" I asked.

"They'll be happy, if you're happy." He said. "You know that."

"But won't it be weird?" I looked out the window. "I mean, if this works out and I bring Jeannie to Thanksgiving and Christmas."

I could hear the smile in Aidan's voice, "Probably, but then we'll all get used to it."

We pulled up in front of Karli's apartment. Dad and Dave were leaning up against a DPD cruiser with a cop who I assumed was Clark. We got out and Elle and Jeannie pulled up behind us. Elle walked into an embrace with Aidan, he whispered something in her ear and Jeannie slipped her hand into mine. Dad raised an eyebrow when he saw that, but didn't say a word. Dave introduced everyone and between Jeannie and me, we told the story.

Clark stood there for a minute, thinking. "OK, here it is, if this Karli woman says that everything in the apartment is hers, I can't do anything about it. It's basically your word against hers. It becomes a civil matter."

Jeannie slumped and looked crestfallen. "But, there are irreplaceable family heirlooms in there."

Clark smiled. "Look, to tell the truth, most of the time, when they see the uniform, they don't fight very hard. Let's just go to the door and see what happens."

Clark knocked on the door and after hearing some rustling inside, Karli answered the door. Her eyes got big when she saw the uniform and then her eyes narrowed when she saw Jeannie. Jeannie saw the venom in Karli's eyes and she shrank behind me.

She said, "Whatever this bitch told you are a bunch of lies. I never laid a finger on her."

Clark smiled, "She never said you did anything to her. She does, however, want her things and is concerned that you will not want to let them out of your apartment."

Karli glared at Jeannie and said, "She took all of her shit when she left last night."

Clark continued to smile, "Are you sure, Ma'am?"

Karli scowled and started to say something and then a burly woman walked up behind her. "Hello officer, I'm Ruthie and I think that Karli misunderstood the question. Didn't you, Karli?" Karli scowled and stomped away.

Ruthie looked at Jeannie and said, "You've found some friends, haven't you?"

Jeannie smiled at her but didn't move.

Ruthie looked at me. "Maybe a special friend? Good for you fluff. Won't you please come in?"

Clark looked at Ruthie and said, "If things are going to be OK here, I'm gonna take off." He handed Ruthie his card. "I appreciate your help; if there is anything I can ever do for you, please call me. My cell phone is on the card."

Ruthie smiled at him, "Thank you Officer Taylor. I'll make sure everything stays calm here." Clark tipped his hat to Jeannie and left.

Ruthie looked at me and then glanced at Jeannie. "Fluff? Who's your fluff here?"

I laughed, peeling my and away from Jeannie's death grip. "I'm Katie Cunningham and you are Ruthie...?"

She grinned huge, "I'm Ruthie Cox." She paused for effect, I'm sure. "Ironic, ain't it?"

I laughed and released her hand, at which point Jeannie grabbed my hand again. "Yeah, a little." I stepped closer to Ruthie, Jeannie trailing along. I whispered, "Thank you for being so kind to Jeannie, I don't know what she'd have done with anybody who would have taken advantage of her. She's so small, she could hardly fight back."

Ruthie stepped back and looked at me. "I was kiddin' Jeannie about finding a special friend. Buuuut, are you two...?"

I smiled, "No, Jeannie's my ex-sister-in-law and she came to my place looking for my brother, her ex, and she was so upset I couldn't turn her away." I turned and looked at Jeannie. She was huddled up beside me, looking very nervous.

Ruthie looked at Jeannie, "Fluff? Could you give Katie and me a minute here?"

Jeannie looked scared but said, "OK, I'll tell the guys what needs to go." Then she giggled, "But, I'll bet Aidan already knows." She squeezed my hand and went to find Aidan.

When Jeannie was out of earshot, Ruthie turned to me. "Look, I just got pulled into the middle of this last night by accident, and it's really none of my business, but, Jeannie seems like a good kid and I'd hate to see her get hurt. I'm getting' a vibe from you that you're gay, and I'd kinda like to know what's goin' on." She didn't actually glare at me, but her look was very stern.

I smiled at her. "You're right, I am gay. You're also right that it's none of your business, but I understand and appreciate where you're coming from. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what's going on between us. For the last year I have pretty much hated Jeannie for what she and Karli did to my baby brother. But, last night, she was so scared, so vulnerable and so lost, that I saw something else in her, something that was there when she married my brother. Because of what happened to her last night with Karli, I think she saw for the first time what she did to Aidan. She is truly remorseful and she was as sweet as she could be last night. She was still so scared when she got to my house that she asked to sleep with me."