An Almost Normal Life Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We're only here for one more night, love," he said mildly, in the face of her enthusiasm, "don't you want to show you mum the ring in person?"

"I do! I do!" she exclaimed, "but I don't want to waaaaaaait!"

By the time they returned to bed, she had calmed, the emotional weight of the day finally taking its toll. Will slipped under the sheets, rolling onto his side to watch her. Natasha had her hands clasped by her nose, staring at the ring glinting in the moonlight.

"It looks good on you."

She blinked, then looked at him. Her sleepy smile was radiant.

"It's perfect," she said, then reached out to take him in her arms. Will pulled her to his chest, taking a deep breath through her warm hair, "this week has been perfect."

"It has," Will said.

And it was true. But, in a certain light, every week was a variation on perfect. Every week since the miracle that was Natasha had come into his life, and shown him how bright the world could truly be.

"I can't wait," she said sleepily, yawning, "for our wedding. I want," - yawn - "to be Mrs Carter."

"Soon," he said, "if anyone can make it happen soon it's my precious project manager."

"Nooo," she mumbled, "you gotta... gotta help. And mum... and... mhmmm," she yawned again.

Will was so comfortable and drowsy he couldn't formulate a reply to that, so he just squeezed her gently and nuzzled his head against hers.

"'Night," he said.

But she was already gone, drifted off into comfortably exhausted sleep. And, moments later, arm in arm, Will followed her.