Cam's Coterie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,999 Followers

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't contemplating dying, just wondering if I was evil. No one but those that knew me would shed a tear at the death of me, a half-demon, was I truly misunderstood or truly an exception?

Faith nudged me and grabbed my arm, then she leaned in awkwardly and kissed my cheek sweetly. Huh, she must've felt my doubt, and moved to distract me. She was... magnificent, truly. Sometimes I forgot how inextricably connected we truly were, her joy in me and in our life together felt natural already humming in the back of my mind.

She blushed, under my intense regard that could be classified as adoration.

The vampire's mansion wasn't the largest in that upscale part of the city, but they had beautifully landscaped surroundings, and a wall surrounding the entire property that looked more decorative than functional. It was intricately carved stone and polished and completely flat, with attractive designs carved along the top.

The mansion itself was two stories, made of red and light brown cut stone, and I saw four large windows on the front in the second floor, which I supposed made sense if there were four large rooms in the back as well. They'd probably built it long ago to support a kiss of eight. Still, looking at the size of it their personal bedrooms must've been twice the size of most normal bedrooms.

Lysa opened the gate, and we moved up the short walk and right into the house. The inside was decked with fancy art and carvings I wasn't knowledgeable enough to guess on their true worth. I was a master swordsman, and a man of power perhaps, but I was still young and there was a lot about our world I didn't know, especially high society, I'd been raised on a farm after all.

We took the stairs to the second floor, and we turned to the right and headed down the hallway. We walked as silently as possible, I imagined the whole kiss were in their beds and sleeping.

The master's room was in the back right of the mansion, and we walked into the room without a by your leave, as I drew my sword from my waist and held up my other hand. I didn't plan to fuck around. My mother had taught me to fight smart, there was no such thing as a fair fight, just a winner and a loser, and a master swordsman that was faster and stronger than I was, with nine hundred and eighty more years of fighting experience, was far too dangerous to take chances with.

I raised my hand to burn the fucker in his sleep, and end it, then froze and withheld my magic. There was a woman in bed with him, with her head on his shoulder with her long light blonde hair fanned across his chest, I couldn't possibly burn him without taking her out too. She was petite, and curvy, her face in profile was soft and angelic in appearance, innocent.

I looked at Lysa in question, and she mouthed, "Niri," to me, who she'd already told us was the second in power, and she'd become the new kiss master with the asshole's death. Lysa also looked guilty, as if it was her fault she was in his bed, which was misplaced guilt, even if her escape from his sadistic hands had prompted the asshole to use and abuse another.

Also, he wasn't asleep anymore. I really hated when plans went south from the start, but I supposed it was something I'd have to get used to, assuming I lived. I couldn't burn them both, I just couldn't.

He laughed, "Lysa, you've returned to me, and brought me a few snacks?"

Lysa yelled, "Niri, move!"

Niri tried to move, but the master scowled and pulled her tighter against him, even as he rolled out of the bed and stood up, holding her like a shield. Coward. Niri whimpered in both confusion and pain, and I could see the grip he had on her arm was extremely tight, the sound of bones grinding reached my ears.

He grabbed the sword leaning against the night table with his free hand, and he whipped it out sending the sheath flying off to bang against the wall on the far side of the room.

He gazed at us all, and I felt my skin start to burn, not a whole lot, but more than it had for Lysa.

"Who are you all? Why are you here?"

Adaptability. Plans always go wrong. My mother had taught me that, and I'd always been particular good at those training scenarios, and fast on my feet. War was coming at the enemy in a way they didn't expect, never fight fair. I didn't even miss a beat, and just went with my first thought.

My face went slack, and I spoke in a monotone.

"We are mercenaries, hired to kill you."

The master chuckled, "Drop you're weapons, and don't move."

I dropped my sword, and froze in place, the master vampire stared at us for a few more seconds, and to my relief, and as usual, the ladies were following my lead, they must've been statues behind me even though I knew Cassia's spells were protecting them both.

He shook head, "Lysa, I don't know if I can forgive this treachery, you should have stayed in Fishtown."

She gasped.

He snorted derisively, "Of course I knew, it amused me to think of your arrogant and haughty ass living in squalor, as you preyed up on the stinky unwashed masses. You're nothing but a whore slut, why else would you like to be treated that way."

He twisted his arm, and then backhanded Niri hard, and she went flying across the room and into the wall. He looked barely balanced between casual cruelty and insane rage, and I knew the bastard was just plain insane, he'd lived too long. What had Lysa told us? Humans weren't meant to live forever.

The master said coldly, "Niri, I will deal with you later for your treachery, for trying to..."

We never did learn what he thought Niri tried to do, maybe abandon him? Point was, he was far too busy going up in the shadowy flames of hellfire, while looking at me in shock and screaming in horrific pain. I knew in my heart, I could still control the shadowy fire, and for just a second, I was tempted to let the asshole die slowly in agony, he no doubt deserved it. But that would make me like him, and his agony was short, as the shadowy flames of hell consumed his flesh and ended his life.

Another lesson my mother taught me, always kill quickly and with mercy, if it was required to kill. Revenge and torture would only hurt me, my soul, and the lesson would always be lost on the evil one I did it to.

Lysa laughed, "That was brilliant."

I smirked, and I didn't mention it was just the first thing that popped into my head, to go along with his compulsion to make him feel in control of the situation. I'd hoped he'd abandon his shield in Niri, when it appeared not to be necessary any longer, but it still hadn't been a sure thing. I hadn't even really thought it through that far, not until after I was already doing it. I'd just been playing for time to think.

Niri stood up slowly, a confused look on her face, but also a pleased one.

"Lysa, my sister, it is good to see you again."

Lysa smirked, "For me as well, master."

Niri froze in shock at the title, then she glared at Lysa.

I laughed, the relief of the moment was palpable.

Lysa added, "Or is it mistress?"

Niri snickered, "Our kiss is down by one again, but that's business for later. Who are these with you, and what do we owe them?"

Lysa introduced us, and she gave a succinct explanation of what was expected and what we'd agreed on. I kind of held my breath, because if Niri commanded it we wouldn't be allies. Oh, Lysa would still be in my coterie, and my ally, but we wouldn't have the support of the whole kiss, nor would they have ours.

Still, that time my fears went unrewarded, and Niri thanked us for our timely interference. We stayed a little longer, to get to know her a little bit, since in a way both Niri and I shared Lysa at that point. Niri was... lovely, and everything the old master hadn't been. I don't mean just her petite curvy figure, gorgeous light blonde hair, and a face that would stir envy in angels, I meant she was sweet, open, and optimistic of personality.

I suspected part of that was just a cultured personality or public persona and face, much like Lysa's aristocratic arrogance, that merely matched Niri's stature and looks and therefore rung true. She was a five-hundred-year-old vampire after all, not the bubbly late teen she appeared to be, and she was no doubt cunning and extremely intelligent, but that didn't bother me at all.

Natural or cultured, it was the results that mattered, and she was completely onboard with creating an intimate alliance with a new rising power in the city, who her Lysa was already a part of. In short, I'd felt welcome.

Lysa promised to see us the next morning as we left, and the three of us headed back to the hotel, where Faith would no doubt feed me, vigorously and pleasurably.

I wasn't sure what would come next, but my coterie was solidly three strong at that point, even if one of them didn't live with me. Cassia was about to grow in power by leaps and bounds, and we were about to come into a lucrative job that would pay us for important but relatively easy work, at least by the standard of our committed time. A job that would also raise our visible standing in the city by a whole lot as a result. We'd also need to find a new home once that happened, but we had more than enough coin for two or three more weeks in the Lady Unicorn inn, whatever was required.

There were a lot of wonderful things about to happen.

I was also positive, that there were dangers lurking as well, if only when I added more to my coterie, but there were also a few loose ends that could haunt us in the future. I wasn't sure how many that would be, ladies to add to my coterie, but I didn't think I could handle more than double what I had currently, and that would be more than enough energy to harvest as long as I wasn't constantly fighting. My libido may have been endless, but there was only so many hours in the day, and my mates were too important to me to split my time more than that.

In short, the future was bright, but my ladies and I would remain vigilant...

Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,999 Followers