Cam's Kingdom

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The man said, "A man has a right to defend what's his, his woman and his lively hood."

Idiots. He wasn't wrong, a man had the right to defend what was his, and the best way to stir up a man was to tell him someone wanted his work and woman. Problem was, there was no true connection or base in reality, the elves were after no such thing, it was just emotional justification for their bigotry, so they could act and pretend they had the moral high ground.

Fucking sheep.

"Who gave you this plan?"

He said, "Jorl, my friend. I don't rightly know where he heard it from."

"There was no organizer, no leader?"

He shook his head, "Not that I know about, we're just a group of men that had enough with the filth in this city."

I rolled my eyes, and then pushed him down to the ground. These idiots were just tools, they didn't have any useful information, which was further circumstantial proof the cabal might be behind it. Someone had stirred them up, very carefully.

"Cassia?"

Cassia knocked his ass out with a spell, and I gave her a small smile of thanks which she returned.

"Ideas?" I asked.

Lysa said, "We need to convince the watch to question all these idiots, so that they can find and take in the sixty or so that escaped. We can't do much more as citizens than defend our neighbors from attack, not legally."

Siora nodded, "Agreed, thank you all for helping."

Cassia rubbed her back, "It's what we're here for."

Faith said, "Maybe we should tie them up, unless you want to just keep knocking them out."

I laughed, "I'll think about it."

Lysa snickered.

The elves must've heard that, because a short time later they all came out with rope, and they tied the rioters' legs and arms together. They were all trussed up in a neat row of thirty people by the time they were done.

That's about when the city guard under the nobles finally showed up. It was annoying, but they didn't take anything for granted and were just doing their jobs. A very loud sergeant of the guard took command of the area and separated us all for questioning, elves, rioters, and me and my coterie.

They took over a few houses for questioning in privacy without the others overhearing, presumably so we couldn't hear the stories others gave, and they were interviewing us one at a time.

At the moment, I sat inside a partially burnt out kitchen, the scent of burnt wood and smoke was a little overwhelming. It made me a bit angry actually, these elves had already been through enough, hadn't they?

The man in the red and gold uniform of the watch that sat across from me hadn't bothered to introduce himself. After I got done going over things from my point of view, he looked rather disbelieving.

"So, let me get this straight. You and four women knocked out thirty or so, and made sixty flee?"

I shrugged, "They weren't trained to fight, just a mob of people rioting and trying to murder elves, and technically it was Siora, the sorceress, who made the others flee when she used air magic. They kind of panicked at that point, called her names, and fled."

He still didn't look all that convinced, but he couldn't deny all the ones tied up on the ground. Hopefully whoever was in command would take his story, add it to the rest, and come to the right conclusions and take the right actions. I had no faith the right thing would be done if this idiot had been in charge.

It was right about then there was a commotion outside of the house we were being questioned in.

A loud voice yelled, "Halt! You can't go in there."

"I said, Halt!" repeated the voice in a firmer tone.

A horrifyingly familiar voice said, "Do not think to bar my way," in a pleasant and relaxed feminine tone that send shivers down my back.

I was a fairly confident man, fought without fear against my enemies, but there were just some things only an idiot wouldn't be afraid of. I was no idiot, and my brain scrambled to think why or how she was here, now, in the city all the way across the kingdom of Cyrene from where I saw her last.

The guard seemed to notice my change of demeanor, and then pounced on it.

"What are you thinking?"

I laughed a bit nervously, "That it would be really bad for that guard to bar her way. You have no idea what you're dealing with."

Crash!

The front door turned into splinters, and the guard that used to be guarding it, landed on the floor halfway to the kitchen, knocked senseless as he groaned on the ground in his pretty armor.

The guard across from me jumped up and drew his sword.

I warned, "You really don't want to do that."

He looked at me in disbelief.

I shrugged, "I'm sure the king would be upset, if you started a war with the dragons."

That's when Mara walked into the house, a look of faint regret on her face as she looked down at the guard. She was as attractive as I remembered, despite her scintillating bright green hair that really was an odd color for hair, but it was captivating in its own way. If only because it was so reminiscent of bright green dragon scales. She had dark tanned perfect skin.

She had a heart shaped face, and her angelic beauty could give Tammy's a run for her money. Her lips were right on the edge between full and naturally pouty, which gave her a naturally sultry look with the long eyelashes framing her stunning blue-green eyes. She also had a perfectly proportioned hourglass figure, with proud and pert dreamily rounded C cups, which were apparent in the low-cut dress she wore.

So perfectly proportioned, that she almost didn't seem real, as if her body had been designed, which I suspected was just the truth. That wasn't her natural form.

"Mara, what brings you here?"

The guard scowled, "You know this woman?"

I ignored him.

Mara looked up and smiled as if she was glad to see me, "There you are. I picked up your scent outside."

Umm.

"You were looking for me?"

She nodded, "My queen was curious about what happened back at the mountains, and your strange ways. The way you fight and offer harm to each other. I was sent to observe what happened next, and if possible bring her the ones responsible for the trespass. I was curious when I observed the fight earlier. Why did you allow those to live?"

I frowned, we had a dragon spying on us, trying to figure out why the humanoid races were so fucked up? I wished her good luck on that one. She also wanted the cabal?

I answered, "I only kill when I have to, and we hoped to find proof against the ones behind this, or rather, for the guards to find the ones behind this when they questioned them. Can't find out anything from a dead person."

The guard said in frustrated anger, "Enough, you will be arrested for assaulting a noble guard."

I blew out a breath, fun times. I also wasn't sure what to say to the man to get him to back off, if he didn't believe me when I said we knocked out thirty bigots and put out five fires, what's the chances he'd believe me when I said Mara was a dragon.

Mara waved a hand dismissively, "He is unharmed, he should not have sought to bar me from my goal."

She seemed to truly believe that, and also had no concept of guards or politics apparently. It made me wonder how dragon society worked, and I suspected it was probably hierarchal based on power, because clearly she seemed to think we should yield to her. Or maybe their society was so alien in thought to the humanoid races it was folly to even try to guess.

Several more guards streamed into the house at that point, because things weren't tense enough as it was. Actually, I was surprised it took as long as it did for them to get in the house.

One of them shouted, "On the ground, now!"

I cleared my throat lightly, which seemed to steal everyone's attention.

"You probably won't believe this, but Mara is a dragon. I sincerely recommend giving her a pass on this, she doesn't understand our society, and I doubt every guard in the city would do more than give her a moment of annoyance, if you get my drift."

My questioner snorted in disbelief, as I'd suspected he would.

I rolled my eyes, "Can you truly not feel her presence? It's not your imagination."

Obviously, something was at work there, or the guards would have taken her down by now. Or... tried to. The same thing had happened to me back at the mine, I hadn't been able to bring myself to attack, and I'd been confused and in denial myself at the time, so I supposed I shouldn't judge them too harshly for it.

"You're in league with this woman," he accused.

I blew out a breath, leaned back in my chair, and waved, "Actually, I'm trying to keep you alive. But by all means, go ahead, then go ahead and arrest the coven that takes care of the wards in the castle for the royal family. The ones that did your job and kept this community safe, and the one that tried to avert your deaths.

"Oh, that's right, you'll be dead. I guess I won't be arrested after all."

The guard turned red in the face, and I supposed I could have been more diplomatic. Still, none of the guards attacked, despite their training and apparent need to stop Mara. It was like their fight or flight instincts had them questioning all their training to take control of a situation with force if necessary.

Mara said, "Fascinating."

I smirked, "So, Mara. Why shouldn't he have barred you, this man was questioning me in private, and they hold authority in this place. I'm curious."

Mara looked confused, and she confirmed my earlier guess with her next words.

"The weak yield to the strong, and the strong protect and create order. He is not my equal, and he was gently reminded of that fact."

I tried not to laugh, being knocked silly was a gentle reminder?

I nodded, "Humans and the other humanoid races aren't that way, well, shifters are, but the rest of us are different. These men act with the power of the nobility, conferred upon them so they may do their jobs."

She looked truly baffled, and a little horrified at the alien idea, from her point of view.

"Authority without the strength to back it up is no authority at all."

The guards were truly confused at that point, which I took as a good sign. It was impossible at that point for them to deny she was... different. Though I doubted any of them were ready to put stock in my statement that she was a dragon.

I said, "But they do, their power is joined in a singular purpose. With the exception of you, there is no threat in the city they couldn't overcome, together."

Well, mostly.

She said, "I will think on this, we will meet again."

She turned, and I held my breath when the guards brandished their weapons, but Mara simply moved so fast they didn't even have time to react. She was there one moment, and then gone the next. That suggested... honestly, I wasn't even sure. Besides her not wanting to kill them, I couldn't guess the reason why. Maybe she was under orders, or maybe their threat to her power was so nonexistent she didn't see the point of squashing them or putting them in their place.

I really couldn't say.

I blew out a breath.

The guard scowled at me, "Who was that, really?"

I let out a small laugh, was he really denying what just happened? It was going to be a long ass night.

Chapter Six

It was a long night, several hours later as dawn came, but they eventually let us go and took away the bigoted rioters for judgement. We all took a nap at that point, since we'd only gotten a couple of hours of sleep the previous night, which made for a late start that day.

We'd all speculated on Mara's presence, but outside of her watching, trying to understand us, and looking for those behind the silver mine and trespass on dragon territory, we weren't sure about the dangers or anything else, and it was useless to speculate.

I'd also figured out part of the reason my mates teased me about the princess had been to cover their nerves, they were all a little shocked I'd seduced a virgin princess and had gotten her pregnant in the first go. They were as worried as I was about the reaction of the royal family. It was a political nightmare, and although we were useful to the king, we weren't sure how he would react. It was just a matter of time before he got the truth out of his daughter, if he didn't have it already.

Fuck, if it was my virgin princess daughter, I'd already be drawn, quartered, burned, and buried.

There were also more rumors and speculation going around, with the attack last night. The only good thing there was that Lysa would send a message through Niri to Baron Dietrich, who would hopefully make sure the right thing got done there. Not that I held much hope that the guards would be able to follow a trail all the way to the cabal, the evil bastards were too careful for that.

I felt behind all that day, except we did get a lot done despite that, we just had to give up some of our leisure time. We finished the copying of the standard spell-book, and Lysa had come through on a list of covens for us with their locations, so we were able to send out invitations for a meeting with all the covens in the city, which was set up for two days from then.

So, between the dragon, the cabal, the elven rumors, the covens, and a pregnant princess, there was a lot going on. Who knew what else was brewing, that we weren't even aware of, hopefully nothing. The sorcerers seemed quiescent for the moment, and there were no emergencies going on with the vampire kiss, so it could've been worse.

It was getting close to dinnertime when my Irze showed up... with a dragon in tow. Her and Mara were chatting like long lost friends as they walked into the kitchen, but Irze's wide eyed gaze when she saw me said my drow was just going with the flow.

"Mara, Irze, what's going on?"

Mara smiled, "Irze tells me you are currently looking for proof against this... cabal? Against the four barons that have allegedly trespassed in our mountains."

I nodded, "That's true. We seek judgement, not only for trespassing against you, but for enslaving the elves, shifters, and witches in the mine."

Mara said, "Excellent, that makes my purpose much easier. The ways of humans are dishonorable and baffling to me. Fortunately, you are a man of honor."

I swallowed, "What are you suggesting?"

Mara replied, "That we work together of course. I'll take one of your spare rooms."

Oh, right, a dragon living at my house, wonderful.

I smiled, "Do you have any other purpose here?"

Mara shook her head, "My queen wishes to avoid war. Once I have the trespassers, I will leave the city in peace."

Jade looked nervous, so did a number of my lovers.

Mara looked at her, "You will not be harmed. While I am here, you're all under my protection."

Right, because she was strongest.

Irze walked over and melted against me, then kissed my neck.

I wrapped my arms around her, and I gave her a soft kiss.

"How'd you run into each other."

Irze said, "She found me."

Siora walked in a moment later, back from the sorcerer's spire, and all five of my ladies were home. Plus a dragon, Lynn, and Jade, which made nine in the house including me. She walked over and gave me a kiss too, and then we all started to sit around the table.

Mara had a curious look on her face.

"You have taken many mates."

I nodded, "With the exception of Lynn and Jade, they are all mine."

Cassia smirked and rolled her eyes, but she didn't argue.

Mara nodded, "I can smell them all on you, and you on them."

I warned, "It may take some time to gain the evidence we need."

Mara sighed, "I understand this. We are a patient race, in most things save disrespect."

The dinner conversation was a little subdued at first, but apparently humans could get used to anything, including an unexpected dragon house-guest. I even got to the point where I just felt a little wary and respectful, dragons didn't seem to be nearly as violent as the tales made out. Sure, in war it'd be a different story, but it was obvious to me by then they didn't go around eating humans at random.

Plus, somehow, who and what I was, and my actions, had obviously gained Mara's respect. Even my large coterie of lovers, was a plus in her eyes.

After dinner, my Irze took my hand and led me to the stairs, while everyone else cleaned up. My exotically beautiful ebony drow had my full attention, as we made it to our bedroom. She was stunning, with long full eyelashes, vivid purple eyes, and long white blonde hair of spun silk. Her thin face was exotically beautiful, her upswept pointed ears adding to that, and her pouty lips were seductive, her voice was musically captivating and alluring. Her body was lissome, with lovely B cups and huge dark nipples, a sexy bubbled ass, and she moved with a deadly grace.

"What's going on?"

Usually we'd help clear the table, then spar before we retired for our fun.

She answered me with a deep passionate kiss that took my breath away, and I moaned deeply into her mouth as I kissed her back. Her tight supple body rubbed up against mine, and her taut stomach ground against my hardening cock. For her, it was ten inches long, and extremely thick.

She gasped when we broke it, and said, "I need you, Cam."

I caressed her face, and I looked down into those vulnerable violet eyes with awe as we started to take our clothes off. There was a deep intensity, and I could feel her deep lust which stoked my own even higher than it usually was. We didn't rush, we savored the intensity of our intimate and hungry connection, as we slowly undressed for each other.

There was something different about her too, the look in her eyes more intense than in the past, filled with a boundless love and a devotedly deep need that my instincts and emotions rushed to answer.

"So beautiful, my stunning Irze."

She bit her pouty lip, and then sighed in satisfaction as her hands reached out and caressed my naked chest, and then we moved back together for a lingering heated kiss. Her silky ebony skin felt decadent against my skin, and my cock twitched hard against her stomach.

She said softly, her musical voice trembled with emotion, "Cam, make love to me, please."

I smiled, and then scooped her up in my arms, and carried her to the bed to lay her gently down on it. I crawled in after, and claimed her pouty lips with my own, my left hand holding me up, while my right stroked her body. I groaned deeply into her mouth, when her soft hand wrapped around me and stroked lightly, teasingly, lovingly, as the sweet sound of her pleasurable and surrendering moan reached my ears.

Her body was ready for me, but that didn't stop me from kissing off her mouth, and down onto her body. She arched her back, and then ran her hands on me as I lowered myself out of her reach. She let out a sigh of loss, as my cock evaded her grip, and then started to play with my hair, neck, and shoulders with her long fingernails as I feasted on and teased her breasts.

"I love you, Cam," she said with so much affection and need it made my cock twitch, "Your lips feel so good on me. Your soft possessive touch, the way you worship my body, it all drives me crazy, my love."

I moaned softly in approval, as I continued to lavish her supple and soft breasts with affection, slowly circling and moving ever so closer to her taut and strained nipples. Her skin tasted delicious, and the scent of her body and arousal mixed to fog my brain with lust, even as it mixed with a deep tenderness in my heart.

I teased my tongue and lips around the nipple of her sensitive breast, and only when she was breathing heavily, and letting out sounds of deep pleasure, did I lightly suck a nipple into my mouth, and circle it with my tongue.

She gasped, arched her back, and in that moment I tweaked her other nipple lightly between thumb and forefinger. She was so sexy, so beautiful, and I loved how responsive her body was to my ministrations, as I worked her toward her height with my lips, tongue, and fingertips. Irze was my sweet and gentle lover, almost always, and it would be no different on that night of great change.

1...56789...16