Crazy College Memory

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,329 Followers

I blinked open my eyes a couple hours later to find Wednesday still sleeping. Her face was only inches from mine. She really was an attractive woman when she wasn't frowning. I was tempted to kiss her, but held back. It wasn't easy.

I tried not to move and wake her, but something did. I watched as her eyes fluttered open. It took her a moment to recognize me. I was happy that she didn't scream or jump out of bed.

"I'm hungry," she said.

"Me too," I smiled. "Let's go get something to eat. My treat."

"You can't be serious?" she asked as she finally sat up in bed.

"Why not?" I shrugged, and then grinning, added, "It's the least I could do considering you slept with me." Instead of getting angry, she laughed.

"You wish!" she said as she stood and stretched. She looked amazing.

"I'm starting to," I replied, surprised that it was the truth.

"You're serious!" she said looking down at me. I shrugged. She shook her head and added, "Let's go lover boy."

We left the sorority a few minutes later and went to eat. The conversation was surprisingly enjoyable. We got a couple of odd stares from the people who knew us, but we ignored them.

"I'm sorry," I sighed after a while. "I have to a go. I've got a class I can't miss."

"That's okay," she said, and then reached out and touched my hand. She waited until I looked at her and added, "Thanks. Thanks for making me do the right thing with Jenny's paper. I don't know what came over me."

"Not a problem," I said, a little embarrassed.

"I think I just haven't been feeling good about myself recently. It probably has more to do with Jack then anything else, but Jenny picking someone else for a lab partner bothered me too. I couldn't do anything about Jack, but Jenny..."

"You know," I said. "I think this Jack guy is wrong one for you. I get that you must love him to put up with everything, but is it really worth it? You're a nice girl and deserve to be happy." She gave me an odd look and I laughed.

"Oh, I'm not the one for you either," I said. "I'm not the settling down type and that's what you need."

"As if I would be interested in you," she said with a roll of he eyes. She wasn't fooling either one of us.

"Look," I sighed again. "I really do have to go, but feel free to stop by anytime you feel like talking. I'd make a miserable boyfriend, but I'm a good friend."

"I may take you up on that," she said, sounding surprised. "See you later."

"Later," I grinned and left quickly. I was going to be late.

**********

"Man, you look wiped," my fraternity brother Gary said as we left our class.

"I am," I said. "I'm done with my last class and heading for bed."

"Busy night with Jenny?" he asked with a grin.

"Something like that."

"Hey, I'll see you later at the party."

"Yeah, later," I mumbled and made my way back to my apartment. I was only a sophomore and normally the fraternity insisted that sophomores remain in the house, but I was sharing an apartment, house really, with four of the older brothers. It helped that one of then was the ex president. Thankfully, they all went on a road trip this weekend.

I woke up late and jumped in the shower. I still had time to make my fraternity's party before it ended. I'd hear it later if I didn't make an appearance.

"It's about time," Gary said as I walked in. He had a hot blond on his arm, which was nothing unusual.

"This is the guy for April?" she said rudely as she looked at me. She sounded like she was trying to decide if I was up to her friend's standards. I held back a sigh. Gary was very much into looks. He'd put up with an awful lot for a good-looking woman. Me, I just wanted to hang out and have fun. I didn't have any interest in meeting one of this blonde's friends. She'd probably be just as much of a bitch.

"She'll love him!" Gary said nervously. I smiled slightly. He was really in a tough spot. He needed me to hook up with this April in order for him to keep the blond happy, but knew I had little or no patience for this type of shit.

The blonde said something else to Gary. He pulled her to the side and replied in a low voice so that I couldn't hear. I shook my head and turned away from them. Gary was on his own. I ignored them and took a look at the people dancing. It was pretty much the usual crowd.

I decided I was ready for a drink. I started to make my way to the bar, but hesitated when I saw this guy John dancing. He wasn't the type. He normally just hung out and drank with some friends. If he was dancing, then he had to be trying to pick up some girl. It made me curious. John and I had similar tastes. I stepped to the side to see the girl dancing with him.

'You lucky shit!' I thought with a grin.

She was a short girl with large breasts and a killer smile, just my type. She was also one hell of a dancer. Her hair was brown with highlights and went a little past her shoulders. I shook my head, went to the bar and ordered a beer, but didn't get a chance to drink it.

"There you are!" Gary said from behind me. This time I didn't bother to hide my sigh. I turned to them ready to say something that probably wouldn't have been nice, but forgot it instantly because the brunette who had been dancing with John was standing with them.

"Please tell me your April?" I asked with a smile.

"Yep," she said barely bothering to look at me. I frowned but she was oblivious. She took my hand and added, "I promised Linda I'd dance with you, so let's dance." She looked annoyed as she led me to the dance floor. It looked like she was going to be another 'Miss Personality' like her friend Linda. It was too bad really.

Gary had a way of picking the most stuck up and stupid women around. Mind you, they were always hot, but dumb as a doorknob. I wasn't in the mood to deal with his type tonight, so I figured I'd have some fun.

I was actually a pretty good dancer, but I stumbled around for a couple of minutes just to see how April reacted. She looked annoyed for a few minutes, but then surprised me. I thought she'd disappear when she saw how badly I was dancing. Instead, she started laughing. It may have had something to with the fact that I kept bumping into the same guy.

"Sorry!" I said to him for what had to be the third time. He shook his head, frowned and said something to his partner. They both moved to the other side of the dance floor.

"You have to be the worst dancer I've ever met!" April laughed, but it didn't sound like she was trying to be nasty. She honestly just thought my dancing was funny. I couldn't blame her because I agreed.

"Hey, nobody's perfect," I said, tripping over my own feet.

"Let's go get something to drink before you hurt yourself," she said, shaking her head. We walked to the bar and I ordered.

"Mikey!" I called to the pledge that was tending bar. "Two of my specials please!" Mike gave us our drinks and winked at me.

April took a tentative sip. She was obviously worried about what was in it. She frowned afterward and took a bigger drink.

"This is water!" she cried.

"Shh!" I snapped, putting my hand over her mouth. "Do you want to get me in trouble!" I liked to drink beer, but not while I was dancing.

"You're crazy!" she snapped, laughing again. I suddenly realized that maybe April wasn't going to be a total bust. She actually had a sense of humor.

"Gather around brothers! Gather around!" I heard the fraternity pledge master call. "It time for a chugging competition! Brothers against the pledges."

"I hating chugging," I sighed.

"Why? They won't let you use water?" April teased.

"I don't know. Let see," I grinned as I turned toward the pledge master and called, "Are we using water again for the brothers like last time?"

"Hey!" one of the pledges called. "Is that how you guys keep winning these things?" Mike, the bartender and head of the pledge class looked at the kid and shook his head.

"Just for that wise ass," the pledge master called back to me. "You can be at the end!"

"What's so bad about that?" April asked with a frown.

"Well, the pledges are actually pretty good chuggers. The brothers normally win because we make the competition up and back. They don't have the experience to drink two cups of beer so quickly."

"So that means that the first guy chugs a beer, and when he's done the second guy starts, and so on?" she asked.

"Yep, all ten guys from each team drink a beer in sequence until the end of the line, and then it goes back to the beginning."

"So the guy at the end chugs two in a row?" April asked. I nodded and she added, "Think you can handle it?" I didn't bother to tell her that it wasn't the first time I held the position.

"We'll see."

I walked to the bar. April followed me. I wasn't sure if she was interested in the contest, me or just curious whether I'd throw up or not. The beer was poured and we were about ready to start when the pledge master took my two twelve ounce cups and put two sixteen ounce cups in their place.

"We're going to give the pledges a bit more of a chance this time," he grinned.

"Tommy, you are suck a dick sometimes."

"Hey! It takes one to know one!"

"That's a lot of beer!" April said in surprise.

"Tell me about it," I sighed. I'd get Tommy back for this someday. At least this would be my first beer of the night. Okay, first and second. I found myself wishing I'd skipped the cup of water. There was only so much room in my stomach.

"On your mark! Get set! Go!"

I waited patiently for the guys in front of me. It was a dead heat when it reached me. I down the first one quick enough. The pledge across from me almost kept pace, but he fell behind on the second beer despite the size difference in cups. It became worse for the pledges at the contest continued. They were two people behind when we were done.

"Pledges lose again!" Tommy laughed. I shook my head and turned away. I almost forgot about April. She was looking at me and grinning.

"You're actually pretty good," she said. "I've never seen anyone chug so much beer that quickly."

"Don't remind me," I said and then couldn't help it when a burp slipped out. "Sorry."

"He's the best chugger in the house," Gary said as he walked up and slapped me on the back, causing another burp to escape. The hot blond Linda was still with him. She frowned.

"It's not a talent I'm particularly proud of," I shrugged.

"It's better than your dancing," April laughed. Gary gave her an odd look, but then just shook his head at me, realizing what must have happened.

"We're going to dance," Linda said. "You two are welcome to join us."

"No thanks," April said, still laughing. "I don't like getting my toes stepped on." The blonde gave me a look and I had to fight hard not to laugh. Gary always picked the winners.

"Then comes dance with us," she said, now ignoring me. "There's a guy out there who dances pretty good. I'm sure he'll find his way over after he sees you move." April looked at me.

"Oh, I'm having fun," I smiled. "But you're welcome to go if you'd like." She hesitated a moment longer.

"I'll see you later," April said to her friend, surprising me. I was certain she would leave.

"You were impressed with my drinking?" I asked with a raised eyebrow once we were alone.

"Not really."

"Then why did you stay?" I asked, honestly curious.

"You make me laugh," she shrugged.

"Well then, maybe there's hope for you yet," I said half seriously.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked.

"Nothing," I replied and then kissed her before she could say anything else.

"Hey!" she cried. I ignored her protest and pulled her back to the dance floor, as far away from Gary and Linda as possible. She came along despite her annoyance.

"Let's dance," I said. "For real this time."

"We weren't dancing for real before?" she frowned.

"No," I laughed and took her hands as I started to move. She didn't dance for a couple of steps as she watched me.

"Wow, beer seems to really improve your dancing!" she said as she started to dance with me. I frowned and looked at her. She was laughing again and I realized she was just teasing me.

"I'm going to like you," I grinned.

"Why's that?"

"Well, for one thing you're hot as hell!" I replied. She rolled her eyes, but I saw her smiling slightly as I continued. "Also, you make me laugh."

"Hey! That's my line."

"Doesn't make it any less true," I shrugged and then started dancing in earnest.

April and I fell into step easily. She probably was a better dancer than me, but there was certainly no other guy in the place who could do as well as I was with her. We danced for about half an hour before deciding to take a break.

"What do you want to drink?" I asked as we neared the bar.

"Think you can get another couple of your specials?" she asked. "I'm thirsty!"

"Me too," I smiled, ordering the drinks and giving her one when they arrived.

"So you can dance and you can chug," she said. "What else can you do?"

"Too easy of an opening," I grinned. She rolled her eyes. I laughed briefly and added, "Sorry."

"That's okay," she said. "You're right. That was a pretty big opening."

I opened my mouth to say something and froze. My mind was really in the gutter tonight. April saw my expression, thought about what she'd just said and then slapped my shoulder.

"I didn't say anything!" I cried in my defense.

"Good thing!" she retorted. "Or you'd be here by yourself."

"Let's change the subject," I said. "You didn't look too thrilled to meet me before."

"I wasn't. I hate when friends try and set me up," she shrugged. "Is that why you didn't dance right?"

"Probably," I replied.

"Well then, I'd say we're even."

"Agreed," I smiled. "Now tell me where are you're from? I didn't see you around here before the winter break."

"I just started going here this semester," she replied. "Linda's an old high school friend who goes here. She's showing me around."

"A good friend?"

"Not really," April shrugged. I smiled. It made sense now. I couldn't picture April and Linda being all that close.

"Where did you transfer from?"

"Home," she joked. "I took a semester off before starting college."

"Were you at the big party last weekend?" I asked. Last week was the first week back from winter break. The school always threw a big party the first weekend back.

"No," she replied. "I went back home for my cousin's wedding."

"In January?"

"It was a rush deal," she said. I knew what she meant.

"This your first weekend out on campus?" I asked, letting the subject drop.

"Yes."

"So then you're a virgin?" I grinned, and quickly added before she could reply, "I mean in regards to partying at this school."

"I know exactly what you meant," she smirked, and then kissed me. "You've broken my cherry."

"What?"

"In regards to the first guy I've kissed here," she added. We both laughed.

"Let's hope it won't be the only cherry I break tonight," I said. She slapped me again.

"Hey! I meant in regards to..."

"I know exactly what you meant!" she interjected. "Now lets go dance before you get yourself into more trouble." We were back on the dance floor for only a few minutes when they played a slow song. I didn't even bother to ask. I took her in my arms and pulled her close. She felt wonderful.

"You know, I'm happy you decided to come to this school," I said toward the end of the song.

"I'm glad you approve," she said, not quite sarcastically, but then added, "I'm having a much better time tonight then I expected. Thanks."

I was just contemplating leaning forward and kissing her again when my old girlfriend Kristi tapped me on the shoulder. I turned, saw her and frowned. She hadn't spoken to me all year. What could she possibly want?

"You need to come with me," she said.

"What?" I asked in surprise.

"I don't know what you did to Wednesday, but she's very upset."

"I didn't do anything!" I said defensively.

"Fine," Kristi said, obviously not believing me. "Would you just come on anyway? She locked in her room crying. The only thing she said that I could understand was your name."

"What? Did you break someone's heart?" April asked with a frown.

"No," I insisted.

"Not this time," Kristi put in. I shook my head.

"You should go if this Wednesday is upset. Maybe you can help," April said. I looked between her and Kristi.

"You're right," I said to April. "But you're coming with me."

"Why?" Kristi asked. April looked interested in my answer.

"Because I want her to," I insisted. April seemed satisfied with my answer, but not Kristi, so I added, " Besides, she just started going here this semester. I expect in the next couple of weeks all of the sororities will be looking for her to join. This will give you a head start." The pledge mistress looked at April and nodded slowly.

We arrived at Wednesday's door to find Jennie talking to the sorority president threw the door.

"How is she?" I asked.

"I don't know," Jennie shrugged. "All she does is keep on apologizing to me. I don't even know what for!"

"I'll explain later," I sighed as I tapped on the door. "Wednesday let me in!" I called. She must have recognized my voice because the door opened. Her eyes were red from crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She was obviously embarrassed and more than a little drunk.

"Who are you?" she asked April, avoiding the issue.

"A friend of mine," I answered.

"Also, a possible spring pledge," Kristi put in.

"I'm sorry to meet you this way."

"That's okay," April shrugged. "What's wrong?" Wednesday started crying again. April took her in her arms and led her in the room. I followed, but stopped Jennie and Kristi from coming in too.

"I think I know what this is about," I sighed.

"Jack?" Kristi asked.

"That would be my guess too," I replied. "Let us sit with her for a while. Maybe it will be easier for her to talk without her sorority sisters there."

"It might work," Kristi sighed. "Call us if you need us."

"I will," I said as I entered the room and shut the door. April was still holding Wednesday in her arms. It took a while for the sorority president to calm down.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You were right," Wednesday said, moving away from April, obviously a little embarrassed. "I wasn't happy dating him. I tried to talk to him about us tonight and I got nowhere, so I broke up with him. After that I started drinking and well..."

"I'm sorry," I interjected sadly. This time I held her while she cried. April watched me with an odd expression. The three of us sat and talked for a while. Slowly, Wednesday calmed down. It helped that she wasn't drinking anymore.

"Thank you, both," Wednesday said a couple of hours later. She then smiled at April and added, "I don't know if you want to join our sorority after this, but if you do, you have my vote."

"Thanks," April grinned.

"I don't know," I put in. "Do you think the sisters will go for another person with a silly calendar name. First a day of the week, now a month?"

"Oh shut up," Wednesday snapped.

"That was lame," April put in.

"You think that's lame," Wednesday laughed. "You should have seen him the first time we met."

"We're not going there again?" I asked in expiration. They laughed.

"Are you two interested in a movie?" Wednesday asked. "I know it's late, but my internal clock is all out of sync. Someone kept me up all night."

"Oh really," April asked with a raised eyebrow, but she was smiling.

"It's not as good as that," Wednesday smiled. She surprised me by explaining what happened the night before.

"That's all fine and good, but what exactly were you doing in a sorority after hours?" April asked me. I think she was just trying to give the Wednesday a chance to gather herself.

"Jennie's an old friend," I replied carefully.

JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,329 Followers