Every Time I Hear That Song

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kira went over to Maggie and hugged her warmly. Then she walked her over to me. I said, "Thanks for coming, I'm sure that wasn't easy."

"I'll admit I was sitting in my car for the last 15 minutes trying to get up the courage to come inside." She replied.

"I'm glad you did." I said trying not to show my anxiety.

Well the party went on for a few more hours. Around dinner time it had wound down to basically just the family. None of us were hungry so we just sat around and talked. There was still a feeling of unfinished business between Maggie and I. I didn't know how we were going to get passed it.

Maggie got up and said, "Thank you all for allowing me to be here." They all said, "You're welcome anytime Maggie." Then my mom said, "You were over here so much growing up that we think of you as part of the family."

Maggie started crying and ran out of the house. I went after her.

"Maggie, wait" I yelled to her as she was going to her car.

She stopped and turned around, her eyes were full of tears. I walked up to her and said, "We have to talk some more, can we get together again some evening this week?"

"Sure, I don't do much in the evenings so any night would be fine with me." She replied.

"How about Wednesday?" I asked.

"Sure, pick me up at the apartment around 6:00." She said.

"See you then." I replied.

When I got back into the house they all looked at me. I said, "What?"

"Are you two going to ever clear the air between you? We could feel the tension all afternoon." Kira said.

"I'm going to see her again Wednesday night." I told them. "We'll either be friends or strangers after that."

Monday, after a restless night, I decided that I didn't want to stay at the house waiting for Wednesday evening so I took the coaster from Crossbones and called the number. It rang three times and when someone answered I said, "Alexis?"

"Yes, this is her." She said.

"This is Kurt Redwing, I was at the bar Saturday night, you gave me your number."

"Oh yeah, the Marine right?" She said.

"Yeah, that's me. I was wondering if I could take you out tonight or tomorrow?" I asked.

"I'm off tomorrow night, will that work?" She replied.

"Sure, what would you like to do?" I asked.

"I'll let you decide. What do you say, pick me up at 7:00?" She said.

"Sounds good." I said.

She gave me her address and we said our goodbyes. Okay now I had something to do Tuesday, now what would I do tonight?

I called one of my old friends, Dave. He was at work so I left a message asking if he wanted to get together tonight.

I decided I'd do a few things around the house. Dad was at work so I asked mom what was on his honey-do list that needed to be taken care of.

I did some yard work, fixed a few things, and then washed the car.

It was only about 3:00 so I headed to Walmart, I needed to pick up a few things. I was walking through the store, a few items in my cart, and it happened. Our song came over the store's speakers and it threw me back there again, me walking into the apartment with the good news for our future. We could buy a house and start our family. Why did she throw that all away. I can still see Dillon's face with that smug look on it. He had been trying to break us up all through high school. Well he succeeded. I still want to kill him, I wouldn't though, that would mess up my career in the Marines.

I was standing in the aisle in Walmart, people were going around me. A little girl said, "What's wrong with him, Mommy?" Her mom said, "Shush girl" and hurried down the aisle. I left the cart there and walked out of the store. Kira was right, I did need closure, hopefully I would get it Wednesday night.

At 5:30 Dave called, we went to the batting cages and hit some balls. We talked about everything and nothing at all. He told me I looked good but I also looked confused.

"Yeah, I've talked to Maggie a couple of times but we never really talked. I'm meeting her Wednesday night to talk some more. Hopefully we can get everything off our chests. There is so much I want to say to her but I'm afraid I will just lose it and start yelling again like I did when all the shit went down."

"That was the talk of the town for about 3 months after you left. Maggie was pretty depressed. Dillon was trying to comfort her but was also putting you down saying, 'What a pussy, runs away when the going gets tough. You deserve better and I'm going to see that you get it.' I couldn't believe she was dating him. He is such a scumbag."

Dave continued, "Then after the divorce was final they didn't wait 2 weeks before they were married. She lost a lot of friends in a short amount of time."

"I still can't believe she did that to me!" I growled.

"I know you still have feelings for her Kurt but it seems to me you are in a better place. You look great, your career is amazing, and your life seems to have not suffered because of it. Focus on the positives." He counseled. Dave had always been a pragmatist. He was just what I needed right now.

"You're right as usual" I said. "It is in the past and should stay there. I need to continue to focus on my future. I do need some closure though and intend to get it Wednesday night."

"Don't do anything stupid Kurt." He warned.

"Don't worry, we're only going to talk, well... there may be some yelling." I assured him.

"I can't stay out late tonight, I've got to be up early tomorrow but maybe we could grab a few drinks tomorrow night." He said.

"I've got a date." I told him.

His eyebrows raised. "You're in town for less than a week and you've got a date?"

"Actually, I had a date with one of Kira's coworkers last Friday and plan on having a date with one of the women from the clothing store this Friday." I boasted.

"Wow, playing the field. That's not the Kurt I remember, but I suppose you deserve it." He said.

"I don't know if I deserve it but if they are going to flaunt it to me I will definitely not turn it down. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feeling after all." I said with a wink.

"Playa Kurt!" He said in his best homey voice, which wasn't very good.

"No, just enjoying my 2 week leave. I am stationed in Kuwait after all." I said.

We said goodbye and I told him I'd see him at the Reunion.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." He said with a strange smile on his face. I wondered what that was all about.

Tuesday night with Alexis was awesome. We went to Lazer Zone and played tag and bowled a few games. I was having so much fun I didn't want the night to end, luckily it didn't. She invited me to her place for more fun and games.

Before we left Lazer Zone Alexis had called her roommate. I didn't hear the conversation but when we had gotten to her place her roommate was gone and a note on the table that said, "Have Fun!" I was guessing we had the place to ourselves tonight.

She was 22 years old, the third child of an area ranch owner. She was definitely a farm girl. Her working at Crossbones Saloon just made sense. She still helped with the farm a few times a week depending upon her schedule at work.

We made out on the couch for a while. As the clothes started coming off we started making our way to her bedroom. When I was naked she pushed me down on the bed and climbed on top of me. She liked it cowgirl style.

She rode me while I watched her breasts bounce up and down with every stroke. I couldn't resist the temptation so I grabbed them with both hands and massaged, squeezed and tweaked them as she bounced on my cock. It felt so good. She said she liked this position because she could control the angle, depth, and speed to maximize both her and my pleasure. She was definitely doing that, I was in heaven.

Her box was hot and tight. I used my thumb to stimulate her clit as she stroked me up and down. After a while we both knew we were close. She started riding me like I was a bucking bronco, one of her arms up in the air the other on my chest, I was trying to match her rhythm. Then she came down hard and stopped. She started quivering all over, her vaginal muscles doing their best to make me cum. I did, it went on for at least 2 minutes.

She collapsed on top of me and said, "Shit that was fantastic!"

"I thought so too, Alexis, you're amazing."

"Well don't even think you're done yet. We've got at least 2 other positions to try." She warned.

I raised my eyebrows questioningly.

"Yep," She said, "Reverse cowgirl and doggie style. You aren't getting out of here until you put out." She said jokingly.

"Well I don't know if I'll be able to get it back up for both of those." I said.

"You leave that to me, I'll get you back in the mood." She promised.

"The mind's willing but the flesh is weak." I said.

"Again, you leave that to me."

She started playing with my cock, caressing it, stroking it, and squeezing it. I could feel the tingle, she noticed the response and went down on me. She was right, I just needed to leave it to her. She had me hard in no time.

She got on top of me again, this time facing the other way. This gave me a great view of her gorgeous ass. She started slowly, then she took her finger nails and gently scratched and kneaded my balls. Wow, that made me rock hard. She noticed that too and started quickening her pace. Soon she was breathing heavy again. Having just cum I wasn't close yet but she kept right on squeezing my cock with her cunt. I could feel the ripples of her first orgasm through my cock, the grip was intense. She kept going, I don't know how many she had before I couldn't hold back any longer. Exhausted again we collapsed in a heap on her bed.

I thought to myself, "That's it, I'm wiped."

She hadn't heard my thoughts though. She went right to work on my flaccid dick. She massaged it, caressed it, stroked it, and sucked it back to life. I couldn't believe it, this girl is truly amazing.

We did it doggie style. I pounded away as she tried to match her backward motion to my forward motion. We were literally fucking like animals. Having cum already, large loads at that, it took me about 20 minutes of this action to get to a point where I was ready to explode again. We did explode together, as soon as she felt me start she went ballistic and screamed in ecstasy. She didn't care about the neighbors.

We again collapsed on the bed together. She cuddled into my arms and was soon sound asleep. I followed shortly after.

In the morning I awoke, she was making breakfast, scrambled eggs and sausage. I asked, "Do you mind if I take a shower?"

"No, go right ahead, I already had mine."

"I'll be quick, breakfast smells good by the way."

In the shower I thought to myself, "Another morning waking up in someone else's bed. It beats the air mattress hands down."

Breakfast was great. I told her I really enjoyed last night, all of it.

"So did I but I'm a little sore this morning, must have been the bowling, I haven't used those muscles in a long time," She said with a smirk on her face.

I kissed her goodbye and she said, "Stop back by Crossbones before you head back."

"I will if I can work it into my schedule." I said.

When I walked into my parent's house my mom said, "I know you are an adult and have been on your own for almost a decade, but I would have appreciated a call if you weren't coming home."

She had a way of making me feel guilty, but she knew I wasn't celibate. I didn't have sex for a year after I left, I wasn't going to do that again.

Wednesday afternoon I sat down with pen and paper and wrote up a list of things I wanted to say or discuss with Maggie. I also wrote my mission statement on the top of the page. 'To achieve closure'

I decided to call Kira and ask her for her opinion. The receptionist answered the phone. I said, "Hi Shelly, this is Kurt Redwing. How are you doing today?"

"Oh Kurt, Hi, I'm doing great, when are you going to be back in town?" I hated to disappoint her but it was a one time thing so I told her that I was coming in to town on Friday to pick up my suit but that I wouldn't be available for a repeat session. She sounded a little disappointed, but she knew I was only on leave for 2 weeks and had a lot of people to see.

"Could you see if my sister is available to take my call?" I asked.

After about 2 minutes Kira came on the line. "What did you do to Shelly? She is all depressed now." She said sternly.

"Well, Hello to you too my favorite sister."

"Sorry Kurt, she told me you were on the line but she didn't seem too happy."

"I simply told her that I was coming into town Friday to pick up my suits, but would be unavailable to see her." I said.

"Just like a Marine, breaking hearts all over the world." She countered.

I then got serious and said, "I was the one with the broken heart and that won't happen again. I won't get into that situation again so I won't get into a relationship again."

"Wow, what put you in a foul mood?" She asked.

"That's why I called, I've been making a list of things I want to say or ask Maggie tonight so we can get closure and I thought I'd bounce them off of the smartest woman I know."

"Oh, tonight's the night." She said.

"Yeah, do you have a few minutes?"

"Sure," she said, "but I'm sure it will be more like a half hour. You know I charge by the hour, no matter how long you take." She said trying to lighten the mood.

"Send me a bill. Address it to Kurt Redwing, somewhere in the Middle East. I'm sure I'll get it." I joked back.

I went over the list with her. She had some good feedback and questions. It really helped me to focus my thoughts and I was sure tonight would be productive.

I was at Maggie's apartment about 15 minutes early but I didn't go up to her door till almost 6:00. Butterflies were making my stomach queasy. I hoped I would get through this without throwing up. I rung the door bell and she opened the door 2 seconds later. "Hi Kurt" She said putting as nice of a tone in it as possible. I could tell she was nervous too.

"Hi Maggie, I was going to ask if you wanted to grab a bite to eat but I don't think I could eat anything and have it stay down right now."

"Me neither, my stomach is in knots." She said, putting me at ease.

"Could we take a little walk down by the apartment pond before we do anything?" I asked. I had to let my stomach settle.

"Sure" She said.

So we walked, just chit-chatting about nothing in particular. After about 15 minutes I felt good enough to ask if she wanted to get some food 'to go' from Applebee's. We both knew we needed to talk and it would be best if it wasn't surrounded by a bunch of people in a restaurant. I called and ordered and we went and picked it up. I drove out to Wintersmith Park and we sat in the amphitheater picking at our food.

"Maggie, we need to talk."

"Yes we do." She agreed.

I pulled out my list and looked at it. "What, you made a list of what you wanted to say?" She asked surprised.

"Yes, I thought it would help me to express myself and get the answers I need." I explained.

"Can I look at it?" She asked.

I hesitated then thought, "What the heck." I would be asking her all these questions anyways, maybe this will actually be easier.

She took the list, saw all my scribbles, cross outs, and rewording. She smiled at that, "Just like your school homework." She said as she shook her head a bit.

"Before you ask these questions can I talk?" She asked.

"Sure" I said, relieved to not have to address the questions yet.

"First, I want to say I'm sorry. No actually, I'm really, really sorry. I never wanted to hurt you... If you remember you were working most nights and I was working days at the bank. We didn't get to see much of each other. We were fighting, mostly about that and money.

I was tired of sitting home at night, especially on the weekends. I was 22 and already my life looked like it was going nowhere. Dillon had been coming in every Friday for at least 3 months to deposit his checks. He had graduated college, had a good job, he was depositing 3 times what I made in a week every Friday. I looked at our situation and it looked hopeless.

After about the first month he started flirting with me. He had been one of the seniors, when I was a junior, that had been trying to get me to go out with him. He kept asking what I was doing every Friday night while you were at the store doing your night shift manager thing. I told him, 'housework'. He couldn't believe it.

'Housework on a Friday night?? You deserve better than that.' He said.

I guess that got to me and I'm sure now that is why I was fighting with you. He made me resent your job. I'm so sorry Kurt. I wish I could take it all back"

"Maggie," I said, "I've learned a lot since we've been apart. I could have done and said things to you to alleviate your worries and concerns. I was a stupid 22 year old. I thought we were on the same page, working hard to save to get a house. I guess I was wrong. I didn't see the effect it was having on you being alone all those nights.

I had come home early that night because I had good news that I wanted to share with the love of my life." We were both crying now. "I walked in the door, you had the music on loud, our song was playing. You didn't even hear me come in. I was excited to tell you that I was being promoted to assistant manager. I would be working mostly days from then on.

When I got to the bedroom door I was smiling from ear to ear. Then I saw you with Dillon in our bed, naked. I could smell the sex. My smile quickly faded. I screamed those obscenities at you and all the while Dillon was lying there with a smug look on his face. I hated you for what you did to me, to us. I never wanted to see your face again."

We were silent, crying. After a couple minutes I asked, "Why?"

It was the first question on my list. She had already given me excuses, even reasons for her cheating, but not for breaking my heart. I thought we loved each other more than anything. I thought we would face life's adversities together.

Maggie softly said, "I just told you why."

"No," I said, "Why did you break my heart, why did you give up on us?"

She burst out into deep sobs, I admit, I did too.

"I'm so sorry Kurt, I'm so sorry. I wish I could take it all back. I never wanted to break your heart. That is the last thing I would ever want to do."

Well after about an hour and a half of more discussion, crying, accusations, and excuses we were all talked out.

Then I told Maggie. "Sunday when you left, my family said that there was a lot of tension between us and that we needed to talk it out. That is why I asked you out tonight. I told them, by the end of the night we would have closure. We would either be friends or strangers. I'm going to leave that up to you. Which is it? If you need more time I would understand, but I leave Monday morning, bright and early to go back to the Corps. I'd like to know by then."

She didn't hesitate. "Friends, for life" She said, "maybe some day you'll forgive me enough to be more, but for now I need you as a friend. I've missed you so much."

We hugged, hugged like two best friends that hadn't seen each other in years. I brought her back to her apartment. We said our goodbyes. No we didn't kiss, it was still all too raw. We were friends.

When I walked in the door both my parents and my sister were there. "Well?" They said in unison.

"Well what?" I said.

"Friends or strangers?" They asked.

"Friends"

A deep sigh filled the room.

"Well, that's a start." My mom said.

I looked at her and just shook my head. I knew that was all it would be.

Thursday I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I walked around all day with a smile on my face.

Friday morning I left by 8:30 to go to the tailor. Both women were there, both smiling at me. The older woman was smiling like a Cheshire Cat. The younger one, Mary, was really pouring on the charm. She had worn an outfit that I knew she was dressed to kill in, and I was the prey. I, however, would be willing prey this time.