Every Time I Hear That Song

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I turned to look at her. She must have sensed me looking at her because soon she opened her eyes. I still loved her but I couldn't tell her that. I just couldn't. I know she wanted to hear it, but I couldn't say it.

She asked me, "How many more years do you have in the Marines?"

"It's my career now Maggie. I fought hard through boot camp, in Iraq, Kuwait, and dozens of other places. It is who I am now. In a way I have to thank you for that. If things wouldn't have happened the way they did I'd never have met my brothers-in-arms. I'd never found my purpose for life. I can't give that up, it is who I am now."

She looked crestfallen. "There's no room for me in there anymore." She said as she tapped on my chest above my heart.

That tore me up. She was breaking my heart again. "All my life there was only ever room for you, Maggie, only ever for you." I said. "I will never forget you."

Memories - The strongest one that holds would be the hardest one to earn. Especially every time I hear that song.