February Sucks - Payback

Story Info
Another ending to George Anderson's great tale.
7.7k words
3.8
75.8k
64
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

February Sucks: Payback

Since George Anderson wrote "February Sucks" there have been a multitude of alternate and different takes on his tale. I think that is because he captured the gamut of emotions that were suffered by Jim that started that fateful night. However his ending didn't make Marc LeValliere suffer for his crimes against humanity in any way. The Asshole was free to continue to destroy lives and marriages. Some of the other authors addressed this. This is my take on the tale. But no one dies. I take up the narrative at the point Mr. Anderson has Jim and Linda attempt to go out again and celebrate. When I asked Mr. Anderson for his permission to write my own ending he wanted the original URL placed so it would be easier for anyone to read his masterpiece. Here it is. https://www.literotica.com/s/february-sucks

*

Linda's birthday was coming and she wanted to go out, just the two of us. "Babe, we need to make new memories to help suppress the old and nasty ones. I want to go out and have some fun, just us and not the kids. I want to wear my blue dress just for you again. Remember I bought it to impress and entice you, not that other guy. I want to dance just with you. I want to get a hotel room and rock your world."

I was not all that thrilled with the idea as we had not been getting along very well. Since it was her birthday I needed to find her a present but heaven knows I could not come up with anything. I thought once about getting her some torn lingerie as a reminder of her night of "the best sex ever" but rejected it as a very poor idea. Linda wasn't even giving me any hints of what she might like. I guess I would just have to go with chocolates and roses. I even hit the card aisle at the local big box store but couldn't find any card that expressed my feelings on her birthday.

Yes, we had been out a couple of times since The Night, but only as a family and usually we went to Wendy's. I guess I was trying to recapture the feelings we had started out with, even though L.W. had told me that our old marriage was dead. I told myself I was trying to remember the good things of that marriage.

This was different. It would be a date, just the two of us on her birthday. Somehow I was suspicious of Linda. Yeah, I know, she has repeatedly told me that she was mine and only mine. We had made love a couple of times in the past month or so. It was nothing like how we had been before. Then we had made love at least a couple of nights a week. Our previous sex life ran the gamut of soft sweet lovemaking to hot monkey sex.

Since that night my mental image of Asshole and Linda kept intruding. My libido was a shadow of my previous self. I would start to get an amorous thought and my cock would respond. Linda might be just doing her normal everyday routines around the house and I would get turned on, just as I had before. I mean, come on, just the sight of her tight firm ass as she bent over to retrieve something from the dishwasher would make me want to just throw her down on the counter and fuck her brains out. Then that mental image of the "best sex ever" between the two lovers would start to intrude and my erection would wither like a stalk of corn being blasted by the hot wind during a drought.

Still, I wanted to try. I'm not joking or being facetious here, I really wanted to try. I wanted to recapture that love, trust and faith we started out with almost ten years ago. She had badly damaged everything except the love and she could not damage my love unless I allowed it. Our marriage was existing on a shaky single leg, trying to balance against the gales of life. Only the thought of the harm to Emma and Tommy kept me from screaming my frustrations, emotional and sexual.

Finally her birthday rolled around. I had made reservations at an Italian restaurant. I did go out and purchase flowers and a cheesy birthday card that pledged my undying love for her. I stayed away from the huge box of chocolates as she always stated that she would have to hit the gym even harder if I tempted her too much. I had not been able to think of anything I could give her as a present. Anything slinky and I was afraid she might wear it for asshole and anything practical would be an insult, according to all the experts that is.

Since it was a Friday night we had decided on taking to kids to Mrs. Porter's for the night. Linda had made the arrangement citing the need for some "us" time during and after our date.

I had dropped off the kids and their paraphernalia at Mrs. Porter's and had returned with the flowers and card (and a tiny box of chocolates) and was standing at the bottom of the stairs when Linda started her descent and I could see her loveliness. She was wearing that fucking blue dress, the one she had been wearing when she betrayed me. I know the smile on my face morphed into a pained expression. I thought I had thrown that fucking piece of material out with the garbage but I was obviously wrong.

As I staggered and tried to keep from falling to my knees I dropped the flowers and crushed the card and tiny box of chocolates. All I could think of was her dancing with that asshole, taking that blue dress off for him, sucking his cock and taking it in both her holes so she could proclaim that it was the "best sex ever." My vision blurred from the tears of frustration and lost faith.

She immediately rushed down the last few stairs and grabbed me. "Baby, please let me wear this. You know I bought it originally for you and I want it to belong to you again, just as my body, my heart, and my soul belong to you and only you."

I pushed her away a little so she would have to give me some space, both literally and figuratively. After some long moments I regained control and shook my head to try and make those mental images go away. Finally I could speak, "I understand. I also need to get past this or whenever you wear blue it will seem like a red cape dangling in front of a bull. I will want to paw the ground, snort and then knock you down and trample you."

Linda finally nodded, then retrieved the bouquet and took them to the kitchen I suppose to place in water. The card and chocolates were too mangled so I dropped them into the trash. She saw them when she returned. She didn't say a thing but she teared up a little.

When we got out to the car, though, I was still too shook to drive. Linda grabbed the keys and slid those exposed long legs under the steering wheel while I finally managed to secure my seat belt. It took multiple tries on my part. I told her where we would be eating. She made appropriate noises and told me to lay my head back and recuperate. I was only too willing to do so.

We drove for a while. Linda put on some soothing music and I concentrated on trying to get over the dress and regain my equilibrium. All too soon we were entering a parking structure and then parking. I looked around confused. "Where are we? I don't remember a parking garage close to the restaurant."

Linda gave me an apologetic look. "I took the liberty of cancelling our reservations at that restaurant. I want to reset our marriage so we felt that we needed to recreate that night and replace the horrible memories with better ones, ones where I show you I love you and only you and that you are my man, not just my main man."

I was numb and speechless. My gut was churning and I was ready to hurl. I hadn't eaten for hours but I was tasting breakfast in my bile. I could not envision how this would turn out except as a disaster.

Linda kept up her nervous patter, trying to reassure me and also keep the times of quiet from overwhelming us both. She certainly didn't seem to be enjoying her birthday any better than I was.

Some of her cackling penetrated the fog in my mind. I guess not actually a fog but a constantly series of mental images of her and fuckface, AKA Asshole, in the "best sex ever" positions. I gleaned out that she had reserved the same hotel room and had placed some clothing there and we were not going home until Sunday afternoon. She had replaced the frilly lingerie that I had thrown away with a new red set and was intent on modeling the bra and panty set for me when we returned from dancing.

Even though she had stated unequivocally that she never wanted to go to Morrison's again she had also reserved a table there for the dancing after our meal. It couldn't get any worse, at least that was what I thought, until we entered the restaurant.

No, it couldn't be. Right there, in the middle of the place was a huge table. Dee and Dave, Jane and Phil, Paul and his wife and the other pair were already seated and there were two empty chairs in the center. I assumed they were for Linda and me. Linda stepped in front of me as I tried to turn and escape. She grabbed my hands. "Please, Jim, for me and for our friends, let bygones be bygones. They all feel badly for how they helped me destroy you and our marriage. They just want to apologize and help us reclaim our previous love for each other."

She leaned in close. "If you can't forgive, can you at least be civil?"

I sighed and my shoulders drooped. One of the unspoken lessons imparted by my parents so many years ago during the course of running a small business was "how to be civil to idiots". So many people would tell me how close friends they were to my parents and later, in private, my parents would discuss how hard it was to remain civil when outlandish requests were being made by those so-called "friends".

I tried to make my facial features impassive as I allowed my wife to lead me to the slaughter. I mentally started a mantra of "be civil to idiots" over and over as I helped my wife to her seat.

Thankfully all just greeted us and wished Linda a happy birthday. No comments were made about Asshole Marc LaValliere, or that night. We actually would rather discuss politics this evening instead and we ten were all over the board in our political views. It was refreshing and I was starting to relax when the next shoe dropped.

Suddenly HE was standing next to our table. Half of the ten had to turn to look at him but he was staring only at Linda. Yes, Marc LaValliere, famous tight end and all around good guy, the guy who runs multiple charitable organizations, was standing there and lusting after my wife.

The conversations stopped as though a drill instructor had just yelled "Attention." All looked at him. I didn't check to see if Dee was making goo-goo eyes at him this time. I was zeroed in on him, my enemy.

I didn't even glance to see if Linda was enthralled again by the shithead as I stood up. "Sir, leave this table now or I will call the police on you for making a public nuisance of yourself."

Marc, Asshole, sneered. "You and who are going to make me? I have an interest in this restaurant and can approach anyone I care to." He turned to Linda. "How about it, Sweetheart, care to join me and some of my teammates at our table? I guarantee it will be more enjoyable than this crew."

I swiped open my phone behind my back and pressed "9" to call 911. When I heard the tinny voice of the dispatcher I quickly said loudly, "My name is Jim Thompson and I am at The Morrison's restaurant. There is a gentleman here that is harassing me and my wife and our dinner party. If there is not an officer on scene in the next few minutes, a fight will likely break out."

I put the phone to my ear and the dispatcher went through her quick questions. When I mentioned that it was Marc LaValliere that was harassing us she became more animated. "Yes, Sir, Mr. Thompson, we have a cruiser in the area and they will be on scene in a matter of minutes." Somehow I got the feeling that Mr. Asshole didn't have that many fans in the law enforcement arena.

He wasn't dissuaded. He continued to talk at Linda even though she was sitting and looking down at her ruined meal. "Babe, you know you want me again. You told me that the lovemaking we shared was the best ever. Leave your wimp husband and your crap friends and come over to my table and become part of the IN group." He kept his hand outstretched. Linda furtively looked at it and then at me.

"Mr. LaValliere, please leave this table. She doesn't want to go with you. Haven't you done enough damage in this lifetime to innocent people?"

He sneered at me again. "Listen, Fuckface, if I want any shit from you I'll squeeze your head. This is between this lovely woman and myself. She knows how good I can make her feel. She wants my cock again and she will admit it if you just ask her."

I didn't ask her as I was afraid of the answer. I just kept asking him to leave. Suddenly there was a huge man with a badge behind Mr. Asshole. The owner of the badge tapped Marc on the shoulder. He wasn't very nice with his taps. It was nice to see the sneer leave LaValliere's face when he turned to see who was behind him. He actually got a sick look on his countenance. It didn't stop his bluster though. "What do you want, Jenkins? Did your wife tell you all about how good my cock feels?"

The cop, I guess his name is Jenkins, threw a short jab to LaValliere's gut. As Marc bent over and the wind left his lungs in a whoosh Jenkins popped him under the chin. I think Mr. LaValliere had a glass jaw as he hit the floor with a sickly thud.

I hadn't noticed but Marc's entourage had jumped up when the officer had approached us. Jenkins did notice and turned to them. "Get this piece of shit out of here now before I arrest him for disturbing the peace and assaulting a peace officer."

One of Marc's friends tried to bluff the good policeman. "Look, Jerry, we know you hold a grudge against Marc but, for God's sake, let it go. It was years ago. It's ancient history."

Jenkins literally growled at the fuckhead. "I said, 'get him out of here before I arrest him.' Get him some help before some husband shoots first and doesn't apologize later. He has to quit fucking married women or someone is going to die and it might be him or you might just be collateral damage."

The crew picked up the barely conscious LaValliere and took him out. I tried to explain what was going on but Jenkins didn't seem to care. "Look, here's the deal. I hate that fucker as much as anyone but I can't be available all the time. LaValliere does own a piece of many of the local high end restaurants and dance clubs. He does as he pleases because the press and the fucking women love him. That asshole seduced my wife while I was still playing for the team and I had to retire, forced retirement I might add, because I kept going after him during practice and games. Doesn't look good to the fans when an offensive tackle drops the tight end every play. My home life sucks. My wife is almost catatonic and can't take care of the kids. I have been told that I am an even bigger asshole than he is if I divorce her while she is under psychiatric care. So I don't have a wife, a life other than law enforcement and my kids are going crazy without their mother."

He paused. "I suggest you leave here and go someplace you won't run into him again, at least in the near future."

He turned and left. I had a story to tell and no one to tell it to. I turned to the table. Dee was her usual self. "Way to go, Stud. You ruined your wife's birthday supper. Now I suppose you will ruin her rest of the evening, too."

I turned to Dave. "You know she said she would have been glad to do to you what Linda did to me, don't you? I think she has been jealous of Marc's attraction and affection towards Linda." He looked shocked.

Before the whole table could erupt I put my hand up for silence. "Linda, would you like to salvage some part of this evening and join me at a dance club?"

She hesitantly looked up at me and nodded. She stood and took my arm and we left and went to the nearest place where we could hear music. I didn't pay attention and should have. We were at the same venue where this whole damned charade had started. I flinched and wanted to drag her out but she was holding my arm tight. "Remember, we are making new memories to override the old ones. Let's grab a table before the place fills up completely. I want to dance with my husband." She then bent my head down and whispered. "I still want to also rock your world later in the hotel room. That has not changed with what just happened."

I couldn't resist whispering back. "Be honest with me or I walk out without you right now. Were you tempted to stand and go with that assshole?"

She bit her lip, looked at the floor for a long moment and finally looked back up at my eyes. "Yes, I was tempted. It is flattering to garner that man's attention. I am sorry but I still remember how he made me feel." She grabbed my lapels for emphasis. "But, and this is a huge BUT, I wasn't going to get up and go with him. I have done enough damage to us and we are finally starting to recover and I will not put you through that kind of hell again. I promise you."

I didn't remind her that breaking promises seemed to be something she easily did and justified in her mind as I didn't want to totally destroy any good this evening might have on our marriage. I just helped her to a nearby table and went to get us something to drink and ordered a plate of meat and cheese since we hadn't eaten.

When I got back I found that Dave and Dee along with Phil and Jane had joined us. The table was crowded but we made it work. Dee looked a little down in the dumps. I wondered if Dave had jumped her about her desire to fuck Asshole but I didn't ask. Phil and Jane tried to carry the whole conversation but I held my hand up and announced that I had come to dance and I would dance if it was the last thing I did. I didn't add "as a married man" but it was implied.

Linda and I tripped the light fantastic for a number of songs. We were a little winded as we made our way back to the table. The drinks and nibbles had been delivered. All were partaking and a second platter soon was delivered as all had rediscovered their appetites. Phil ordered a fruit tray for variety and soon it was also being consumed.

After resting I was getting up to ask Linda to dance again when suddenly all the table talk stopped. What the hell, I wondered. Is Asshole back for another round?

I turned to look and was struck speechless by the vision standing in front of me. Behind me I could hear whispers as the three women started to discuss this person.

Her contralto voice was mesmerizing. "Hello, my name is Ellen, Ellen Vickers." She held out her hand for me to do something with. I didn't know whether to bow, drop to my knees and kiss her hand, shake those proffered digits or just crap my pants. My wife, Linda, you remember her don't you, is lovely but can't hold a candle to this woman. This was perfection. She should have been named Helen as her previous incarnation had launched a thousand ships and started a war that wiped out Troy.

I finally shut my mouth and lightly grasped her hand and gave it an almost imperceptible shake. I didn't let go, though, as her warm and perfect hand seemed to be glued to mine. I swallowed several times before finally getting the name, Jim, out of my dry and parched throat.

"Beautiful name, Jim, may I have this next dance?"

I didn't hesitate but nodded dumbly. I followed this perfection of beauty onto the floor and, as it was a slow dance, took her in my arms. She seemed to mold herself perfectly to my body. There was nothing sexual about it but she was the most sensual person I had ever seen.

We danced. We swirled with the faster dances and snuggled closer with the slower dances. We swayed and moved and twirled and, well, whatever else you can do in public without getting arrested for indecent exposure. There was no groping of her perfect breasts. I didn't suck her luscious neck. I didn't kiss her but somehow I felt like I had. I didn't caress her ass nor did she grab mine but it wouldn't have surprised me if she had. We also talked.