Georgie Girl Ch. 07-09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers

It had been a sunny, warm Tuesday in early May, and I was sitting on the Fultons' deck with Georgette and her parents. Nan would be joining us shortly as we barbequed some chicken and planned to eat outside. I had been reviewing my notes for my next exam, making sure I was ready for it two days hence. It was nice to just sit and read quietly while Sarah and Georgette chatted and Thomas was absorbed in his newspaper.

"Well, well, well, isn't this a nice domestic scene."

I recognized the voice and a chill went through me.

"Brad!" Georgette cried, alarmed and fearful. "What are you doing here?"

I turned slowly and carefully around to look at the intruder. He looked nothing like the Bradley Little I remembered. He was bearded and it appeared he hadn't had a haircut in months. His face was blotchy with red marks and his clothes were unkempt and dirty. In short, he looked more like a street person than a lawyer.

But street persons don't usually have guns. He looked a bit unsteady on his feet and I wasn't sure if he was drunk or on drugs or just tired. It didn't matter because the gun had my full attention.

"So ... here we are again, the cuckold husband trying to take his wife back from her boy-toy. I should have killed you when I had the chance, Sonny. I won't make that mistake again."

"No! Bradley ... put the gun down, please!" Georgette begged. "Don't shoot anyone. I'll go with you. Just don't shoot anyone."

"Oh, you'll be going with me, all right. Make no mistake about that. You need to rehearse your testimony at that phony trial. But boy-toy isn't getting off scot-free. I didn't get any satisfaction from him the first time, but I won't fail this time," he said, waving the gun around recklessly.

I was frozen in place, unable to think of anything I could do to save myself or this situation. We had nothing to use in defense. We were vulnerable to whatever whim his twisted, diseased mind could conjure. I was horribly aware that this might be my last time on this earth and I didn't want that to be so. I had too much to live for. But one thing was sure, Georgette would not be going with him without a fight.

Bradley had gained access to the back by walking in from the front through the gate beside the Fultons' unit and along the narrow cement sidewalk that led to the back. He had stepped up to the elevated deck after he had announced his presence and was virtually ignoring Thomas and a terrified Sarah, concentrating on Georgette and me. I wondered if this was our only chance.

I had begun to calculate the odds of rushing him when I saw movement behind Bradley. It was Nan, as she was quietly approaching the deck and carrying something I immediately recognized. It was a single action 410 shotgun. I'd had one since I was a kid and my father called it "the peashooter" since it was a very small gun. Nan was carrying it like she knew how to use it.

"Put the gun down," Nan said in a harsh command, announcing her presence.

Bradley turned and looked to see who had arrived, then snorted a laugh.

"Who do you think you are, old woman? Annie Oakley?"

"Put the gun down or I'll be forced to shoot you," she said again in a steady voice.

Bradley turned toward her and was waving the gun in her general direction.

"You don't even know how to fire that thing," he laughed.

"Put the gun down or you'll find out just how wrong you are." Nan was as steady as a rock and showed no signs of nervousness.

I was a second away from charging him when he raised the gun toward Nan once more. Nan didn't hesitate at all. She fired. The noise was deafening and I was so surprised that I stopped for a moment, wondering who had shot whom. As Bradley sunk slowly to his knees, I realized Nan had carried out her threat to shoot him. I moved quickly to the fallen man and yanked the gun out of his hand.

"Call 911, Thomas. He's going to need an ambulance."

Nan had been standing on the walkway, about three feet below the level of the deck. I couldn't see where she had been aiming, but I could hear Bradley moaning and saw him lying on his side in a fetal position. He was still alive, but I had no idea how badly wounded he was.

"Don't worry about him, Johnny," Nan said, cool as could be. "A half-load of bird shot at this distance won't kill him, but I'm sure I messed up his pants and privates."

"Police and ambulance are on the way," Thomas said as he put away his cell phone.

I turned to Georgette and Sarah and went to them both. They had been shocked into silence and were almost catatonic. I put my arms around them and Thomas joined me. I could feel the trembling in both of them and I was sure this was something that would take a while for them to come down from. That was twice we had faced what might have been death and escaped, this time without any physical wounds. I wondered, however, about the mental wounds he might have inflicted on the women.

To Be Continued

coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers