Honor Thy Mother & Thy Father Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Here you are! Hello Angie, how do you feel?

"Now my arm hurts."

"Your arm will feel better in a minute. Let me look at your ankle first. Does this hurt?"

"Yikes, yes it does."

"Would you like to guess which one of us is going to be wearing a cast tomorrow?"

"Me."

"Yes you. You can't walk on that leg. I am going to have to carry you home, okay?"

Angie seemed to get heavier and heavier as they walked through the orchard. Either that or it was an extremely long walk from the edge of the orchard to her home.

Patty put Angie down on the porch. "I'm going to leave now. Call your folks and tell them how you got hurt. Make sure they cover that hole in the ground. I hope you get better real soon."

"Stay with me, please. They won't yell at me if you're here."

"I don't know if I belong here Angie. I don't know where I belong. I just want to go hide, until I can remember who I am."

"Are you the helicopter lady?"

"What helicopter lady?"

"My parents keep talking about this lady that landed a helicopter here weeks ago, and got lost. They can't find her. Is that you?"

"I don't know; did they show you a picture of the lady?"

"Ask my parents they will know?"

"Call them please."

"Mom, dad, come out here please?"

"What do you...? Hello who are you?"

"That is a good question. Your daughter had an accident. I found her at the bottom of a dry well at the end of your property. I think her left ankle is broken, and has severe contusions between her elbows and her wrists. You will need to take her to the hospital, quickly."

"Jack, get out here."

"What is it Marcy...? Hi, can I help you?"

"Dad, I think she's the helicopter lady. If she is do I get the $10 million?"

"Parents, Parent, Patricia Parent, Patricia Parent Valentino. That's my name. Thank you Angie and you do get $10 million. It will go in trust for you, until you're 25 years old."

"That's not fair. Why do I have to wait so long?"

"If your mom and dad happen to have a little boy, you can buy an orchard of your very own. Do you have a telephone I could use; I'd like to call my husband. Oh, where am I?"

113. Oh No, Not You Again

Paul landed the helicopter just short of the signal fire the Carmen's lit for them to recognize their property, in the early morning darkness.

Stephano did not wait for the all clear for him to jump out and run to his wife.

Patty did not wait for him to reach her either. She met him halfway. They nearly crushed each other in their embrace.

"How are you, you've lost weight. You have a knot on your head the size of a golf ball."

"I'm good now; clumsy, but good. I was thinking about us, while I was flying, and I realized what an idiot I was running away. I turned back, but I had to go to the bathroom. I landed, and went into the trees to do my business. I tripped on a tree root, and when I woke up it was dark. I didn't remember anything; not my name, or how I got where I was. I didn't remember anything.

I walked for what seemed like days, but it was only until sunrise. I became frightened when I saw other people. I couldn't go over to them and ask them if they knew who I was. They would think I was crazy. If Angie did not fall into that well, I would still be in the orchard, eating apples, screaming every time I saw a spider. Can we go home now?"

Stephano smiled, and kissed her. "You are going to your home away from home. Your dad, Jemma, and Junior are waiting for you there."

"I look a mess; I can't see anyone looking like this."

"I have a change of clothes for you in the helicopter. As far as your family is concerned, as long as you walk in on your own 2 feet, they could not care what you look like."

After thanking Angie for falling into the well, and promising her she would see her again, Patty climbed into the helicopter, under Stephano's supervision.

As she sat down Paul and Rita greeted her over the intercom. Patty said, "I know I have put both of you through a great deal of stress. If you are very tired, I can fly us wherever we're going."

Rita screamed. "I told you so. She isn't in the cabin 30 seconds, and she's rubbing it in. Patty you are one tough bitch."

"I forgot what you owe me Rita, or didn't you take the bet?"

"No I didn't take the bet."

"That's right; you could not abstain from sex for seven days; you poor little girl."

"I'm going to kill her Paul."

"Honey, if you do that you will be having sex with women for the rest of your life, while you are in jail."

"There are always the guards."

"Stephano will make sure they are gay."

"He wouldn't do that to me, would he?"

"He just got her back. You saw what he was like for the past four weeks. What do you think he would do to you?"

"It would be ugly, wouldn't it?"

"Yes it would worse than ugly."

Paul sat the helicopter down, at Northern Westchester Hospital. As soon as it was safe, and the doors were open, Patty was in her father's arms.

"I'm so sorry dad. This was my fault. I shouldn't have run away. Everything that happened after that was an absolute disaster."

"When Stephano called and told me what happened, I laughed until I cried. It was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I could not have taken the strain of you being taken away from me. When they found the helicopter, and it was in excellent condition, I knew you were alive. As the days dragged on, I worried that you had a relapse, and had died in the forest. I didn't know if I would ever see you alive again."

"It was a stupid thing to do, and I was stupid to do it."

Jemma sighed. "You proved to be the best person to have available, in case of an emergency."

"Jemma keep quiet. If she reads anymore manuals, the next aircraft she will fly away in is a 787."

Patty giggled, but didn't say a thing.

William looked at her and said, "WHAT! What do you know that I don't?"

"Dad, I already read the manuals for the 787. It's the same configuration as the 767, and 777. I could walk onto the flight deck of any Boeing aircraft, and take it for a ride this minute."

"Patricia, if I see you looking into the flight deck of another airplane, I am going to spank you without your husband's permission."

"William, if you see her doing it, you have my permission to spank her. Every time she steps foot onto a flight deck she is breaking the law. She does not have a pilot's license. Make a citizen's arrest, spank her, and restrain her, until I get there. Then, I will spank the shit out of her."

"If I spank her the way I want to, she will not be able to sit down for a week."

"That works out just fine for me, dad"

"That's going to get very messy Stephano; and you are threading on some very thin ice. Remember, when we get home I will be doing the cooking."

Jemma was tapping her foot, like a metronome set at 'Prestissimo'. "William, you promised yourself to me. If you start playing with another woman's derrière, you are going to be in serious trouble."

"Jemma how could you possibly be jealous of my daughter?"

"Have you taken a good look at your daughter? The male population of this planet would line up to spank her naked behind."

"Thank you sis; do you think that will keep my husband in line too."

"Baby, there isn't a chance in the world you are getting away with what you did. You scared the crap out of everyone who loves you. Michael brought his entire family here to try to lure you back home. His daughters were heartbroken when we told them you had taken the helicopter, and could be 500, or more, miles away before they were able to make their public appeal for you to return home. That video of them ran for two weeks, and you never responded."

"I didn't know, Steph. I told you what happened, I wasn't near a television. I stayed away from people, because I was afraid. I will explain that to Melody and Harmony. I hope they can forgive me."

"Okay everyone, enough talk. Let's get her into the hospital and get her checked out."

The emergency room doctor took one look at the size of the bulge on Patricia's forehead and ordered an MRI and CAT scan.

The results came back 90 minutes later. The doctor was amazed she had survived, because she fractured her skull. The fracture had radiated outward, like a broken piece of glass, and now some of the fractures were over 3 inches long.

She was put into a neck brace that restricted all head movement, and sent to the surgical pre-op area, where all the tests needed for surgery were taken, analyzed, and recorded.

A neurosurgeon and orthopedic surgeon were called to consult on her case. After discussing the results of the scans with the radiologists, the orthopedic surgeon was chosen to do the operation, and a plastic surgeon would close to limit the scarring on her forehead.

Doctor Barry had to tell the patient and her family what he had to do. He had to seal all the fissures on her cranium, before they exposed the brain. If that happened, he would have no choice but to place a metal plate in her head.

He stood at the end of the bed so Patricia could see him. Stephano was holding her right hand, William her left; and Jemma was standing by her side, holding junior.

The doctor spoke directly to Patty, because minutes counted.

"Mrs. Valentino, you have deep fissures in your cranium that have spread, since you have fallen. They have gotten progressively deeper and longer, and are threatening to expose your brain. While this is not life threatening, it poses a great danger to your mental acuity, because of its location. We need your permission to operate. The operation is fairly simple, as long as we get to it now.

It is like putting a patch on concrete and letting it set. When it does, we smooth it out, and place the skin over the affected area. A Plastic Surgeon will finish the operation to limit the scarring. You will be under a local anesthetic, and you will be awake during the operation."

Patty said, "I'd rather be asleep."

"Most patients agree with you, but we need to talk to you, during the operation. We can't do that if you're sleeping. I promise you will not feel anything, but you will hear everything that goes on around you."

"Can my husband be with me?"

"Yes he can."

"Stephano sign the papers, and don't forget to tell them I'm pregnant."

Doctor Barry said, "I'm glad you said that. You are definitely not going to sleep. How far along are you?"

"What is today's date?"

"December 9th.

"Oh no, I missed Steve and Marie's wedding."

Stephano squeezed her hand. "Honey, they were more worried about you missing, then not being at their wedding."

"How am I ever going to make that up to them?"

Stephano said "You can make it up to them by living. How far along are you?"

"You should know your dummy, you got me pregnant."

Stephano started counting on his fingers, and kept getting lost.

"Doctor, if we wait for my husband to figure out that I'm 44 days pregnant, you could deliver the babies."

"You've had your first sonogram already?"

"No I haven't. Let's just say I have this information from a 'Higher Source.'"

He looked at her chart and verified she was pregnant. He asked everyone to leave, except her husband, so he could sign the paperwork. He was going to scrub up and ready himself for the operation, while the nurses prepared Patty. The operation should take between two and three hours, depending upon what he found when he opened the skin covering the fissures.

Stephano followed the nurse to her desk to fill out the forms necessary for the operation.

William and Jemma kissed Patty, and told her they would be waiting to see her that afternoon.

While Stephano was away, it seemed to Patricia that she was attacked from every corner by nurses. The doctors ordered that she not to be moved or jostled. They had to cut her clothes carefully from her body.

Once that was completed, they washed her completely with a non-alcohol based antibiotic cleanser, and let her air dry. She was not happy that her sex was exposed, but the nurses did not seem to care. They put an intravenous line into her left hand.

She was mortified when a nurse spread her thighs, and opened the lips of her pussy, while another inserted a catheter into her urethra. Patty's eyes crossed, and she wasn't sure if she should scream or cum.

The nurse who was holding her plump pussy lips apart saw Patricia's reaction to this procedure, and chuckled. When they were finished, she placed Patricia's legs together, patted her pussy several times, and said, "It certainly is an interesting sensation, isn't it honey?"

Breathlessly, she replied, "Yes, it is."

************

In the radiology lab, the lab technician was going over the Radiologists notes and preparing them to be filed. He correlated the MRI, with the CAT scan, and noticed a tiny shadow on an artery located between the pre-frontal and posterior cortexes. He magnified them both to be sure it was not a distortion in the film. He knew it could not be a problem with both of them. He called Doctor Cumagai to the lab, "Stat."

Doctor Cumagai asked Stan what was going on.

Stan showed the doctor a blowup of both scans of the artery, and asked him to take a close look.

After examining them both closely, Doctor Cumagai said, "How the heck did I miss that?"

"When I first saw it doctor, I thought it was a shadow, or distortion on the film. The only way I recognized it was when I compared the MRI to the CAT scan at 500 times magnification. I knew it couldn't be a distortion on both scans."

"Stan, you may just have saved this woman's life. Call Doctor Robertson, and get him down here."

Stan called the operator.

Stan told Doctor Cumagai that Doctor Robinson has left for the day."

"Get a hold of his service and tell him what we have. Tell him this will be first up for him tomorrow morning."

Doctor Cumagai went to the surgical suite, and asked who was operating on Patricia Valentino. He was told it was Doctor Barry, and he nodded his head.

"Where is her family?"

"They are in the OR waiting room."

He went to the waiting room and found Jemma holding William Junior, while William was on cell phone.

Doctor Cumagai said, "Sir, you are not allowed to use a cell phone on a surgical floor."

William replied, "I'm sorry Doctor, no one told me."

"Are you Patricia Valentino's parent?"

"Yes doctor, I am her father, William Zabo"

"Mister Zabo, I have some bad news in reference to your daughter. We found a very small tumor on an artery, between her prefrontal and posterior cortex. When a tumor forms in that area, I'm sorry to say, 90% of the time it is cancerous. I can honestly say I missed it when I first examined the CAT scan, and MRI.

The tumor is the size of a grain of rice. It is a type of cancer called 'maleginoma,' and it can grow slowly or rapidly. Only God knows which way it will decide to go. Our best neurosurgeon has left for the day. We have scheduled your daughter to be operated on first thing tomorrow morning."

William shook his head. "You can cancel the surgery doctor. As soon as Patricia is able to travel, she will be flown to Sloan-Kettering in New York. The operation will be performed there."

"I understand your concern for your daughter's health, but Doctor Robertson is quite capable of performing this operation."

"I mean no disrespect to Doctor Robertson. However, as soon as you said the tumor was cancerous, my mind was made up. She is going to Sloan-Kettering if I have to bring U.S. Marshall's into this hospital, and take her by force."

"I understand Mister Zabo. As soon as Doctor Barry gives his permission for your daughter to leave, we will have her Air-Evaced to Sloan. Would you like us to make a recommendation for the doctor, or do you have someone in mind?"

"I know the doctor who will be performing the operation. He is a family friend, and one of the three top doctors in the field of neuroscience. Give me the exact name and location of the tumor, and I will call him, so he can be prepared when she arrives at the hospital."

"Absolutely; if you will follow me to radiology, I will send him the scans, as soon as you get me the number to call." She

"Thank you Doctor Cumagai, needless to say this information is very shocking. I'm not sure how my daughter and son-in-law are going to take it. Will it affect her memory?

"In 83% of the cases of this type, the answer is yes. Has her behavior been erratic of late?"

"Yes it has. We thought it was the pressure she's been under for the past year or so. How long do you think that tumor has been there?"

"Sometimes they grow very slowly, other times rapidly. It could have been there since birth, or it could have started as recently as three years ago. This type of tumor normally grows like a tree, rather than like grass. A tree takes generations grow to its full height and width. Grass has to be cut every week to keep it under control."

"Thank you doctor, it gives me a little hope for my daughter's future."

"You should read the literature on the pre-frontal and posterior cortexes, before you get your hopes too high. With the position of this tumor, if too much brain tissue is damaged, it will affect her memory, behavior, the sense of right and wrong, and a whole host of other aspects of higher brain functions. Not all of this will happen, but a great deal of it surely will. The tumor is wrapped around an artery that supplies blood to the left hemisphere of the brain. They cannot simply sever the artery, remove the tumor, and cauterize both ends.

They have to resect the artery. They have to do it; otherwise the left side of her brain will die. To make this repair, they have to cut away a portion of living brain tissue.

Unfortunately, the tumor is in the area that controls the minds memory function.

To put it bluntly Mister Zabo, 'This operation may be successful, but the patient's mind will never be the same.'

Any surgeon that tells you otherwise, is spitting into the wind."

"Thank you for being blunt, Doctor Cumagai. I always like knowing what I'm up against, rather than walking into a trap I can't get out of."

"I wish your daughter the best of luck, Mister Zabo. If you are a praying man, I would start now."

William started the wheels turning at Sloan-Kettering, and after he was done, he went to see Jemma.

Immediately, she knew something was wrong.

"So help me God, William, if you lie to me I am going to cut you off for a month. It will hurt me more than you, but I do not want you to lie, or hold something back from me."

Jemma had never seen William cry, but she did today. He put his head on her shoulder, and said, "Patty has a cancerous tumor in her brain. If they don't operate it will kill her. If they do operate, she could lose her memory, and much of the higher functions of her brain. This has been the cause of her erratic behavior. One day she was fine, the next day she's not the woman we know and love. She had a minor argument with Stephano, and she ran away. By the time she realized what had happened, she had the accident, and we know the rest. Maybe it was the best thing that ever happened. We may never have known it was there, until it was too late to do anything about it. How do I tell my daughter she may never be the same? How do I tell Steph not only did he lose his family at the funeral, but now he will lose his wife?"

Jemma's lips quivered, and she began to weep.

Stephano burst through the double doors of the operating area with a smile on his face. It disappeared when he walked into the waiting area, and saw William and Jemma holding each other, in tears. He rushed over to them to find out what had happened.

"William, what is going on; why are you both crying?"

"Later Steph; how is she; how is Patty?

"She is fine. Doctor Barry has quite a sense of humor. He had her laughing throughout the operation. He had the sealant in fake jars of Playdough. He put three layers of different epoxies on the cracks. Some of them were sickeningly deep. He had to use a blow dryer to get the epoxies to dry quicker. Patty told him not to ruin her hair. If he did, she would charge him for her next beauty parlor appointment.