Honor Thy Mother & Thy Father Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I hope you have a kitchen big enough to handle what I have to do."

"Don't worry; my wife is wealthier than Croesus. Our kitchen is the size of a small house. Our staff will help you with everything."

"In that case, I will need three hours and thirty seven minutes lead-time, for dinner at 7:30 PM."

Doctor Barry looked at his patient. "Three hours and thirty seven minutes. Not three hours and thirty minutes, or three hours and fifty minutes, but three hours and thirty seven minutes."

Doctor Nall stood behind him and said, "My patient said 'Three hours and thirty seven minutes. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Joyce, I'm going to put a stop watch on her."

"Patricia, do you want to say it or should I do?"

"Go ahead Doctor; it will be fun to watch someone else use my line."

"Stephen, you want to bet?"

Doctor Barry looked at his colleague and at his patient. Both were smiling at him. He looked at Stephano, and he was shaking his head.

"Joyce, after further review, I will decline this bet. I have a feeling this is how you got into trouble with her the last time she was here."

"Yes it was Stephen, and that was probably the smartest move you made since you married your wife. Now, stop chitchatting and go back to work."

"Today was a slow day. I finished working, and unless someone breaks an arm, or God forbid, there is a traffic accident, I'm going to take a nap."

"Do you play chess Doctor?"

"Yes I do."

"Great, if we can find two boards, I can play both of you simultaneously."

Doctor Nall suppressed a sigh. "Patricia, you haven't changed; you are still a pain in the ass."

"You wouldn't have it any other way doctor."

"Mister Zabo, I understand you have connections at Sloan-Kettering. You will need them to get permission for Patty to have this type of operation. As I said, this is an experimental procedure. The FDA has to approve it, and that normally takes time. I would suggest you go down there now, and see the people you know to get this started and done, as soon as possible."

"Thank you Doctor, I will leave immediately. I want you to escort my daughter to the hospital. I don't want you to leave her side. I will pay you whatever you want, but they do not touch her, until you give the okay."

"Mister Zabo, I am not on the staff of Sloan-Kettering. I have no authority there."

"Doctor Nall, by tomorrow afternoon you will be."

William kissed his daughter goodbye, gathered up his wife and son, and left the hospital.

Doctor Nall was speechless. She looked at Patricia, who had a large grin on her face.

"Can he really do that," she asked.

"Joyce if I were you, I would go home and start packing a few bags. Not only will you be on the staff of that hospital, but he will probably set you up in a penthouse apartment for the duration of your stay."

"Duration of my stay hell; if he gets me on the staff of that hospital I'm staying."

"Don't forget to take your 'Soaring Lessons.' I am not letting you out of that bet."

"I'll go you one better. After I learn how to fly a glider, I'll learn how to fly an airplane."

"That's fantastic, I just happen to own one."

"Really what kind?"

"It's a Challenger 850, and it's really fun to fly. I flew it from Seattle to Vail, Colorado. These fly by wire aircraft are like playing video games. You punch in the numbers, and the aircraft flies itself to your destination. It will even land itself, if the airport is equipped with the right instrumentation, but I landed it myself just for the fun of it."

"What type of airplane is a Challenger 850?"

"It's a twin-engine jet."

"How long did it take you to learn how to fly it?"

"Two days."

"You learned how to fly a jet aircraft in two days? Stephano tell me she is lying. Please tell me she's lying to me."

"Doctor, if I told you she was lying, I would be lying."

"Patricia, you are insane. No one can fly a sophisticated airplane with only two days of training."

"Joyce, I didn't have two days of training. I read the manuals in two days, and flew the airplane the next day."

"I have to see a psychiatrist. You are driving me insane."

"Doctor, I have some good news for you."

"Thank you Stephano, what is it?"

"She purchased a huge motorhome, while she was in Vermont. Before she started driving the one she purchased, she actually took lessons and passed a driving test so she could travel on the roads legally."

"You mean she did something by the book? She obeyed the laws of the State of Vermont, in the country of the United States, on the planet Earth. The next thing I expect her to do is build her own rocket, and when the pollution becomes too great here on earth, she will pack you and the rest of the family inside, and find another planet, where humans can survive."

Patty said fiercely, "Don't you mention that to anyone ever again, Doctor, or I will kill you. I have completed the design phase, but I'm having trouble working on the propulsion system. Nuclear is too slow. I'm working on an ion drive system that will bring me to .999 of the speed of light."

Doctor Nall stood there with her mouth open, because Patty looked serious. She looked at Stephano who also had a serious face on.

Doctor Nall said, "Can I come with you?"

Patty and Stephano burst into laughter."

Doctor Nall looked at both of them and screamed. "I hate both of you. I never know when you're telling the truth or telling me a lie."

"Joyce, when I get it done, you can come with us. It can be 20 years, more or less, but I will be working on it every day."

"I am no spring chicken Patty. Make it sooner rather than later."

"If my daughters are like me, it will definitely be sooner."

"Make sure you take them to a pediatrician, not a neurologist. They would drive me crazy, like their mother is."

"You must admit Joyce they would make your life a lot more fun."

"Sticking needles into my eyes would be almost as much fun as seen the four of you at one time. Get some rest I'll see you tomorrow morning."

116. Time Is Not On Your Side.

Colonel Lucius Canyon is nothing if he was not inventive. He had to find a way back to the United States as quickly as possible. The orders he showed getting him to Antarctica were for one month at the South Pole. He could not afford that much time away from his team. He came up with a brilliant plan.

When the Twin Otter carrying Harold Chase landed, the Colonel and Paul Zachary were there to greet it. Paul had his rifle at the ready, facing away from the aircraft. The Colonel had his pistol in his hand.

The FBI contingent saw the two armed men, and put Callie and Harold on the floor of the aircraft.

Colonel Canyon yelled, "Who is in charge?"

I am. Special Agent Brodner; who are you?"

"DIA, we have a report of four Russian nationals missing from the Russian vessel 'The Vavilov.' The vessel is anchored only 40 miles northeast of our position. That is 120 miles closer than National Science Foundation says they are allowed to be. Intelligence reports they are after your people. Get them to their room, pack them up, and keep them under close guard. We will find out when the next aircraft is due to leave."

"What is your name Colonel?"

"I am Colonel Lucius Canyon, and this is Sergeant Paul Zachary. You can call the DIA headquarters, in San Diego, to verify our orders. Our call sign is "Autumnal Equinox."

"Thank you Colonel, if you would put your man in the lead, we will form a diamond around our charges."

"Sergeant Zachary, you have the point."

"Yes sir."

"Where would you like me Brodner?"

You take the right flank Colonel."

"Roger that."

The FBI contingent, got out of the aircraft, and with the aid of the Colonel and the Sergeant formed a diamond shape with Callie and Harold in the center.

When Maxine, Cliff and his men exited the aircraft, they entered the center of the diamond, and put their bodies around their two new friends.

Harold objected. "They are going to be shooting at us. Don't do this; we don't want any of you to get hurt."

Maxine replied, "If they can't see you, they can't shoot at you?"

Cliff looked down at her and said, "Max, you're a head shorter than either of them. Exactly what are you protecting?"

"Cliff, I always knew you were an asshole. I'm protecting their genitals."

Everyone had been looking for threats, until Max bested Cliff and his pointed remark. Everyone broke in laughter, and booed the Sergeant.

Cliff stopped moving, and one of his men nearly walked up his back. If a man as black as coal could blush, Cliff would have invented a new, deeper shade.

"Cat got your tongue Cliff?"

"I don't know if it's a cat, but it sure was a little pussy."

"How would you know Cliff, you've never seen it."

"It's not for lack of trying Max. My ankles remind me of that every time they get down here."

"You should have been nicer to me the first time. I don't give any man a second chance."

"You Texas women are tough on us Missouri boys."

"Wrong again Cliff, we Texas women are tough on everyone."

Lucius asked Cliff, "Sergeant is she always this way, or is today 'Take on the biggest fella around' day."

"Sir, she is in a good humor today. If you see her with a wrench in her hand, playing around her airplane, don't get closer than 50 yards. Inside that range, she's deadly."

"Thank you for the warning Sergeant; I will keep my distance."

As they approached building 122, the Colonel yelled, "Sergeant Zachary, first-floor left flank."

"Yes sir."

"Agent Brodner, if I were you I would send someone to the first floor right flank to trap anyone who tries to escape."

"Right you are Colonel; Capozzi, First-floor right flank."

A few moments later both men exited opposite sides of the building, verify the floor was clear.

Brodner yelled for them to check all the floors in the building.

"Brodner, I suggest you post a man at each entrance to the building, one man in the room with them, and two in the adjoining room. Post the rest of your men and the hallway to challenge whoever enters the floor. Check their identification and room assignment, before allowing them to pass. I am going to operations to get us eight seats on the next departing aircraft. I don't care if they have to leave the landing gear behind. We have to get these people to Christchurch, and then you can check with your boss to see where he wants you to take them. If I fail in my job, a woman in Washington is going to have my ass on her desk as a trophy."

"It's funny you should mention that Colonel. In Christchurch, Colonel Stanton had the same kind of orders to get us down here."

Canyon grimaced. "Why can't these damn Russians stay home, isn't Siberia cold enough for them."

"It's not that Colonel; we have better accommodations here."

"Good point; I'll be right back."

"Sergeant Zachary, anything happens to them while I'm gone, your balls are mine."

"I've become quite attached to them, sir."

"Then do your job correctly, and don't let anyone near those people."

"Roger that sir."

The Colonel jogged to the communications area, knowing the satellite was in the dark zone.

"I'm sorry sir, but we won't have a communications window for 10 hours 30 minutes."

"It's not your fault, seaman. I have an emergency concerning our two guests. As of three hours ago, four Russians have been reported 'missing'from their ship. We believe they are on their way here. Their ship is anchored too close to us for comfort, and without permission from the National Science Foundation. We believe they are coming here to kidnap Harold Chase. We have to get him and his wife out of here now. Where is the head of flight operations?

"Major Ximmerman is on the flight line, sir."

Colonel Canyon knew the best way to get a secret out was to tell an enlisted man in the communications area. Unless the message was on paper, marked as sensitive material or higher, the word was out to everyone on the base within moments.

********

Colonel walked out to the flight line and asked the first person he saw, "Where is Major Ximmerman?"

"He's by the nose of that aircraft, sir."

"Thank you, son."

Major Ximmerman, I have to talk to you."

Yes, I've been expecting you."

"How; I didn't tell anyone I was coming here?"

"Colonel this is a very small base. When the FBI forms a diamond around our two special guests, everyone knows the shit has hit the fan. Down here, when the shit hits the fan, it means someone has to get out of here in a hurry. What's going on?"

"We have a Russian ship 40 miles up the coast, where it's not allowed to be. Four Russian nationals have been reported missing from that ship. We believe they want to kidnap Harold Chase. They want what he knows about climate change. It will make them trillions of euros if they can get the technology to market before we do. We have to get him and his wife out of here yesterday."

"You're in luck Colonel. I accidentally forgot to load a pallet on this aircraft, which leaves room for eight people, and a sleeping area for Ms. Callie."

"She is a very lovely lady, but why the extra effort to make a space for her to lie down?"

"Her FBI minders didn't tell you she's pregnant?"

"If I didn't know, how the heck did the Russians find out? They would have used her and their baby to break him. He would give them his secrets on a silver platter to protect both of them. How soon can we leave?"

"In three hours if all goes well."

"Assuming our Russian friends are not walking 40 miles, how quickly could they get here?"

"No place down here is a straight 40 miles Colonel. The quickest way would be staying along the coast, but it's too easy to be seen. Coming overland it's at least 55 miles, and that is some tough sledding. They would have to carry extra fuel for the trip here and back."

"They could borrow one of your propeller driven aircraft for the trip home."

"Good point Colonel, I think I'll have our small aircraft disabled."

"Jerry, come here for a minute."

"Yes sir, how can I help you?"

"What is the simplest way to disable our three Twin Otters?"

"That's easy, major, but why would we want to do that?"

"We wouldn't want anyone to take a hostage, and fly away with them, would we?"

"No sir, not in one of my aircraft. I can remove a wheel from each of the landing gear, and put them up on Jack stands. When you need one of them to go, it will take us 10 minutes to make the aircraft flyable."

"Excellent thinking Jerry, take care of it, please. Let everyone know what's going on, and keep an eye out for people who don't belong here. They will be armed and dangerous, and I don't want anyone getting hurt."

Colonel Canyon asked, "Major, would they try to abscond in this big bird?"

"I would like to see them try sir. It takes a very highly skilled crew to fly an aircraft like this. First, they would have to figure how to get it off the ground, without knowing its weight and center of gravity. Second, the aircraft only carries enough fuel to get to Christchurch. They can't make it to Chile, or Argentina. If they did, there would be a reception committee that would throw them in jail, until they were extradited to the U.S., for air piracy, kidnapping, and a whole host of other crimes. Third, and most important, without the aid of the GPS, and computer flight damper packages, which the pilot installs after he gets into the flight deck, someone is going to have to fly this aircraft by hand. Doing that without the aid of the onboard computers, and try to keep it from falling out of the sky, with all that turbulence would be a real trick."

"I would pay to be in an aircraft flying behind him, with a video camera, watching someone do it. After a few hours of wrestling with this Kodiak bear, you are going to get very tired, and lose."

"Major, I love your analogy, but let's just say I'm a very suspicious man. After you close the nose of this aircraft, and the flight crew, and the eight of us are secured aboard, I would like you to have the aircraft searched, from the ground up, and from the radar dome in the nose, to the flight data recorders in the tail, by men that you know personally. I don't want any nook or wheel well left unchecked. Mister Chase is worth more than all the gold in Fort Knox. I intend to deliver him safely home, and one day, maybe, I can turn my Eagle into a Star."

"If that day ever comes 'General,' and you need an adjutant, my name is Ximmerman, with a X. It does get cold down here, and I'm not getting any younger."

"What did you say your first name was, Major?"

"Frank sir, Frank Ximmerman."

"If that star ever lands on my shoulder, I'll give you a call Frank. Now let's get this big bird loaded. I want to get my precious cargo out of here, before something nasty happens."

Frank Ximmerman turned, clapped his hands, and yelled, "Let's move people. There is trouble brewing, and we have to get this bird off the ground soon. Help will be on the way shortly."

Frank turned to the Colonel and asked, "Can you send Cliff and his crew here to give us a hand?"

"I will double-time it back to the barracks and send them to you. They are good people, and they work better with sugar than with vinegar."

"Roger that sir."

********

At the safety of 34,000 feet, Colonel Canyon asked, "Harold, what is the name of your friend in South Carolina; the one whose wife flies airplanes for his company?"

"His name is Dycke Schneider. His wife's name is Payne. A more beautiful woman you will never meet in your lifetime."

"Ouch, Callie stop that it hurts. If you don't I'll take you over my knee and spank you in front of everyone."

"What do I look like Harold; a harpy? Do I look like something the cat dragged in? You really know how to make your wife feel insignificant."

Lucius said, "Harold, I can tell you have not been married long. You never, I repeat never say that another woman is prettier than your wife. The woman could look like one of God's Angels, and you would say that she comes a close second to your wife. No one on this planet is prettier, smarter, or a better cook than your wife. Even when she breaks wind, it smells like perfume. If she burns water, you will say you love it, because she is the best of the best."

Callie hit Harold again, and he screamed in pain. "Harold, listen to the man. I don't know how many times he's been married and divorced, but he finally has it right. He knows how to please a woman. Any woman he meets, and is fortunate enough to marry him, will be the beneficiary of all the women who came before her, and trained him."

"Trained me, HELL, they nearly killed me. I would rather go back to West Point, as a plebe, than get married again."

"What's her name Colonel?"

"Madeleine. Wait a minute, how did you know?"

"I'm not sure if I have this quote quite right, Colonel, but here goes; 'I think the gentle man doth protest too much."

Everyone sitting in the tight, confined area had a good laugh at the Colonel's expense.

However, the Colonel would have the last laugh, because there was no 'Madeleine' in his life. He wanted everyone to feel like he was just one of the boys, on this trip to Christchurch.

He whispered to the loadmaster, "Sergeant, I have to speak to the pilot privately, but I don't want to leave this area for long. Is there any way I can do that?"

"Yes sir, follow me."

They threaded their way between huge crates until they reached the port side of the aircraft. The Sergeant picked up a phone, dialed a code, and told the communications officer that Colonel Canyon needed a private conversation with the pilot. He handed the phone to the Colonel and returned to the crew area.

"This is Lieutenant Morris, Colonel. We are on a private line, sir. How may I help you?"

"Lieutenant, I have to make a satellite transmission to my headquarters, in Washington. I have to let them know what is going on, and ask for instructions."