Justin Thyme Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When we went to pick one up I understood why he suggested both of us pick it up. The case weighed nearly a hundred pounds!

Between us we got it up on the desk and Grandpa pulled the key ring out of his pocket. "I don't know if there is a key on this ring that will fit the chests or not, gentlemen. Sam Johnson had this ring in his pocket when he was killed." He picked out a couple of smaller keys and tried the first one, but it would not fit. Everyone held their breath when he tried the other key, which slipped into the slot and turned with a soft 'click'. Grandpa stepped back from the chest and gestured to Ben. "Would you like to do the honors, sir?"

Ben Jorgenson's hand was trembling as he reached for the lid. Fifty thousand dollars doesn't sound like all that much money these days, but at the first of the twentieth century it was quite a lot! Ben opened the lid and we all could see short rolls of $20 gold coins, quite a lot of them, in fact. Ben Jorgenson pulled one roll of coins from the case and hefted it in his hand before passing it along to the other two gentlemen, who each looked at it reverently, before looking up at Grandpa, and then over at Michael and me. Ben's voice was hushed as he said, "Thank you very much, gentlemen. Your honesty speaks well for you."

Michael shrugged and said, "It's the right thing to do. I always try to do what's right, although at times I fail." I nodded in agreement.

Grandpa interjected, "The reason we called you and are returning this is not for the reward offered by the El Paso and Southwestern Railroad, but because we think it is the right thing to do. Actually, under Arizona law the kids are entitled to half, as treasure trove, but none of us believe that to be the right way to go about things. The reward offer however was never rescinded, so it was carried over to the Southern Pacific, and then to the U.P. in the merger."

Ben Jorgenson nodded his head. "I see nothing wrong with that at all! In fact, we were discussing what should be done on the way down here. None of us knew about the reward offer, but then we didn't really have a lot of time to research things. Do you know how much the reward offer was?"

"Yes sir. It was for $5,000, and that brings up a little different matter. The value of the gold has increased by over 70 times since 1901. Now please understand, neither of these young men are asking for that kind of an increase, but I as one's Grandfather, and as the other's attorney, am asking a reasonable consideration. By my best calculations from the spot prices on gold today, the $50,000 in these chests are now worth in excess of three and a half million, without even taking into account any numismatic values on the individual coins. Of course, we had not opened the chests before you just did, so I have no idea what is in there."

Charles Weigle, the legal counsel for the railroad spoke up. "I think what you are asking is entirely reasonable, and to be honest, if you had just melted down the coins, or had sold them off as treasure trove no one would have been the wiser." He looked over at Ben Jorgenson and Pete Fleming. "I'm thinking since the reward was for $5,000, if we were to pay them the $5,000 in gold coin, they would also reap the difference in value, plus if they get lucky and find a valuable coin they would have that as well. Even at that the railroad is going to come out very well." Both men nodded their agreement.

"Would you be willing to sign a receipt and a quit claim agreement on any treasure trove claim?" Charlie asked.

I nodded, as did Michael. Grandpa spoke up. "If you will draw something up we will be most happy to oblige. I know we lawyers like to make things complicated, but it need not be. Just a simple document will more than suffice. Michael didn't even want to take a reward, feeling it was only right to return your property, and Justin didn't ask about one. I had to talk to Michael like a Dutch uncle to get him to agree to what was his fair share."

Ben Jorgenson looked over at Michael, then at me, before saying, "Your attitudes are indeed commendable, and not something I run across every day. Michael, tell me, what do you do that you don't need the money? Are you in school, or what?"

Michael actually colored a little bit. "My needs are simple. I don't need more than I have. I wrote a computer business program and a couple of apps that I've sold, and I'm quite comfortable from them. I just try to do the right thing and don't worry about the rest of it."

Ben nodded. "What kind of program did you write, if I may ask?"

"It's a bit of software for tracking stocks and plotting trends. I actually wrote it for my Dad because he didn't understand what his broker was trying to get him to do with his investments. Dad showed it to his broker, and it stirred up some interest and I ended up getting a very nice offer from a software company, plus royalties for it." He told them the name of the program.

Pet started in his seat. "You wrote that? How old are you anyway, if I may ask?"

"I'm twenty-two, sir. I actually wrote it when I was in high school. Like I said, I just did it for Dad, and some people got interested."

"I use that program. I bought the Beta version when it first came out, and I've upgraded every time you have put out an upgrade. That software is marvelous! Are you interested in a job? The UP could use your talent, and you can pretty much name your price. We've had programmers trying to do something with some of our scheduling software, but they can't seem to get it done. Your concept for investing seems to be along the lines I think they should look."

Michael shrugged. "I'm not really looking for a job, thank you. I piddle around with projects when I find something that interests me. I'm not an idle lay-about, but I don't have to work to support my lifestyle, so I don't have a job as such. I might be willing to take a look at what you need and see if I see a solution. Oh, and by the way, my future, I hope, father-in-law was having some troubles navigating my program. He isn't very tech savvy, so I've made some modifications that simplify some of the steps. I'll be happy to give you a copy."

"May I have your card? I'll have our head of IT get in touch with you ASAP. I really would like to have you at least take a look and get back to us if you are interested. If you would, please copy me on whatever you send him. I'm not always sure I'm getting the information I need from them, or if I'm just getting what they think I ought to see."

"Yes sir. I'll be happy to do so, and I'll send you a disk with my changes. I'd appreciate any feedback you wish to give on it as well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Susie was blown away by the house, absolutely loving the dark wood mouldings and the wide staircase. Rosemary showed her the kitchen and described what we planned to do with it. They took just a brief look at the library, Rosemary saying they would come back and look at it more later, but she didn't want to be in the way if the meeting moved back into there.

Both Susie and Stephanie were puzzled about where the men had all gone, but Rosemary kept it quiet. She led the way up to the second floor and showed them a couple of rooms that had been painted and then led them down to the end of the hall and entered the room she planned to move into. "This room is going to be mine for reasons I can't tell you right now. Originally I was supposed to have one of the singles on the next floor, and we were going to have you two rooming together, but I've changed my mind. I really need a room on this floor, this one in particular. What I'm thinking is; this room is actually large enough for three. It might not be quite as much room as the other rooms with two, but I think we could make it work and it could be a lot of fun. What do you two think?"

Susie and Stephie looked at each other, and then over at Rosemary and they all joined in a group hug. "I would love to share a room with both of you," said Susie. "You two are as close to me as if we were sisters."

"I agree," said Steph. "Besides, I hope to spend a good many nights up on the top floor with Justin, and I know Rosemary want's to, too. So actually, it won't be all that crowded most of the time." Rosemary just smiled a quiet knowing smile, but knowing she couldn't say anything just yet remained silent.

They trooped through the third floor, and then on up to my room, which Susie really loved. "I could fill those bookcases all by myself! It's not fair for him to have his own private library in his room! And the view! He can see for about forever from here! There isn't another building this high for a couple of miles!" She stepped over into the turret and looked down at the carriage house, and then across the back expanse of the property before looking down and seeing the pool just below.

"Ha! I see why he likes this room! I just thought he had a good view until I saw where the pool is! I'll bet he has a good view, all right. Is that why he chose this room?"

Rosemary laughed. "Actually, Justin didn't want to put in the pool. He thinks it is going to be more trouble than it's worth, but Dad thought it would help with rentals. Really though, renting this place out has been a piece of cake! We only have one single room left, well, with me moving down to the second floor we have two, and we haven't even begun advertising! Everything has been word of mouth. Girls in the dorms really want out, and we can afford to be picky."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pete and Charlotte Thyme had spent the day lazing around the pool and enjoying each other's company. It had been in the early hours of morning before they returned from the movie premier. The only remaining work duties Pete had for this trip was a dinner to attend in the evening so he was taking the day off completely, leaving his cell phone, his laptop, and all work related materials locked in their hotel room. Today was for him and Charlotte, one of very few it seemed they were able to spend so.

Both, being early risers by habit, were awake early on, feeling rather worn out from the late night the night before. Pete looked at the clock, and then turned it around so he couldn't see it, removed his wristwatch, and turned toward his wife and enveloped her in his arms. "Tell me, why do we work so hard? It seems we never have time for each other. Today there is nothing we have to do until that dinner tonight at 7:00. We are going to just spend the day together and forget work, responsibility, or anything else that might spoil the day. Maybe we can even try to remember what married people use a bed for, besides collapsing at night just so they can get up to go to work in the morning. Remember what we did when we were young and first married?"

Charlotte's eyes shone as she looked at her husband. "Do you think you can remember how to do it?"

"I've been told it is like riding a bike. Once you learn you never forget. Maybe I should take a look and see if anything looks familiar." With that he swept the sheet back, exposing her body. "It seems to be coming back. Seems somewhat familiar." He let the fingers of his right hand wander down her side, caressing her curves, and giving goosebumps from the tickling sensations. His hand slowly swept back up, but upon reaching the top circled her left breast, remaining low and not actually touching the breast, and continuing in a figure eight around the right breast also. Charlotte's nipples began hardening from the stimulation, and she shivered as his fingers slowly and lightly made their way down and across her belly to her navel, circling it before his forefinger reached in and tickled lightly. Her legs drew together and her knees lifted slightly at this contact.

Next his fingers continued their journey a short distance to the top of her pubic hairs, which were trimmed, but still mostly there. She considered trimming them more completely, but Pete liked to play with them, and on the rare occasions they had opportunity he liked to nuzzle them with his nose in the process of eating her pussy. His fingers didn't actually touch the hairs, but rather trailed around them, causing Charlotte's breath to hiss between her teeth as his fingers traced the very sensitive area at the junction of her leg and pelvis.

Since her legs had drawn together tightly when he tickled her navel his fingers trailed along over the top of her thigh until it descended into the valley formed by her legs and then slowly, oh so slowly, it ascended up the other leg and repeated the process in reverse, again causing the hissing intake of breath as he tickled the junction of the leg. Once again at the top of her pubis he changed direction and brought his hand to the near side and trailed his fingers backwards up and over her hip, in the curve to her waist, and then upward, his nails trailing and tickling the whole way. He didn't stop at her breasts this time, but continued upward to the top of her shoulder, where he trailed his fingernails across the shoulder to her neck and up to her ear, where he tickled the earlobe, then down and across the neck under the chin and up to the other ear.

With a sudden lunge Charlotte rolled over on top of him and said, "Enough of that for now! Right now I need you!" She reached down and aligned his hard cock with her pussy and slid herself down onto him in one slow motion. "Now, see if you can remember what to do!"

Pete could feel her soft breasts pressing against his chest as he began the time-honored movements, and he knew it wouldn't last long. It had been over a week, and Charlotte was obviously as needy as was he. In just a few minutes he reached the point of no return and came in her, holding her tightly to him, reveling in the love he felt for his wife. Sated he fell asleep with his wife atop of him, and they both slept for another hour before ordering room service for breakfast, just so they didn't have to get up and dress.

"You know," Pete said as they were breakfasting nude. "I really could get used to eating breakfast like this with you. I can hardly believe in two years it will be twenty-five years! When we get back we have to do something about the pace we are living. I didn't get married just to live in a big house, when I get to be home. I married you to be with you!"

Charlotte reached across the table and grasped his hand. Her smile was all the answer Pete needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grandpa and Charlie sat over at Sam Johnson's desk and dickered for a few minutes on the wording of the document Michael and I would sign as a release for the gold, but it didn't take much. In the end it read as a simple agreement between two parties, Michael and me on the one hand, and the Union Pacific on the other agreeing to accept $5000 in gold coin in reward for the return of lost railroad property, and that we released them of any claim to a treasure trove claim. Very unusually for our times, the document was hand written, and then copied by hand with lines for each of us to sign with our names hand printed over each signature.

Grandpa called Michael over to one side for a moment and they whispered together for a moment before Michael shook his head in agreement, but his shoulders slumped a mite. Grandpa went back to the desk where Charlie was finishing the copy, and Grandpa had him add one word to each document, much to Charlie's surprise.

When Charlie finished copying the document he called us all over to the desk where we each signed on the appropriate line. I immediately saw what Grandpa called Michael for. His line was signed Michael Borden Thibodeaux. Pete and Ben both saw it as well, and looked up with questioning glances before signing, but Charlie just motioned for them to go ahead and sign. Grandpa waited until everyone had signed before saying, "Gentlemen, we had no intention of deceiving you, and I could have let it go. Michael is not the kind of man who goes back on his word, but I thought we ought to do it right. Michael is the son of the former standout player for the Phoenix Cardinals, and before that the ASU Sun Devils. He has found it much easier all around if he goes by his middle name, Borden, rather than face all the notoriety of the Thibodeaux name. Please understand no deception was intended."

Nods were exchanged all around at the explanation and Ben asked just one question: "Is that why you don't need the money? Other than your computer program? You live off of your Dad's money?"

"No, Sir. My money is my own. I don't get anything from my parents, but it was growing up in that household that taught me I don't need to live the kind of lifestyle so many with money do. Mom and Dad taught me to live within my means, to do so simply, yet comfortably, and that all of the glitz and glamor is rather fleeting. Don't get me wrong. My parents and I are very close, and we love each other dearly. If I needed it they would be most happy to help out, but actually, I make more than he does. Down here in Tucson it isn't quite as bad, but up around Phoenix the name Thibodeaux is so well known I can't have a minute's peace when out in public. That's why I moved down here last year, and then fell in with this family, but that's a different story."

Ben stuck out a hand. "Thanks, son. I hope you didn't misinterpret my questions."

"Oh, no sir, not at all. Other than legal matters I just find it much easier all around to leave the Thibodeaux name in my back pocket."

Charlie, meanwhile, had reopened the case on the desk. "You know, we never counted this, or even looked into the other case. We don't know for sure it's all here."

Ben waved a hand. "Charlie, for the first time in my life I've met people I don't think I need to count behind. You can count it if you want, but I can tell you you would waste your time." Pete nodded agreement and Charlie flushed a little as he looked up at Grandpa. "Please, no offense was intended!"

Grandpa just laughed. "Charlie, I took none. I was wondering how long it would take a lawyer to think of that! I'm just glad you didn't bring your Comptroller!"

Charlie grinned and pulled out ten $500 rolls of gold coins and set them out on the table. "I'd suggest you secure these carefully. We are of course going to have to release the news of this recovery, but we will try to keep you out of it as much as possible, using an 'undisclosed' location, but I can assure you the Sheriff will have your house in the news tonight. In fact, it would probably be wise if we were all to get out of here right away. I wouldn't be too surprised to see News trucks on the street outside with cameras aimed at the house."

Ben Jorgenson nodded his head. "I think that would be wise. I'd really like to take a tour of the house, but I think we had better get on out." Michael and I went into the passageway and grabbed the other case and carried it out while Grandpa put the gold into one of the desk drawers. Michael and I carried it on down the other passageway to the carriage house, while Pete and Charlie struggled to carry the other case behind us. Believe me, I know they struggled, because by the time Michael and I got there we were huffing and puffing!

"Could you give them a hand, Michael, while I get the door open?" I asked when we finally set our case down. We looked back and saw the other two with their case on the floor two thirds of the way back. Michael grinned at me and nodded. I scurried up the ladder, released the door, and then climbed up to the second level and dropped the rope from the winch. There was no way I was going to try to carry that load up a vertical ladder!

By the time I had the winch set up, and the rope dropped to the lower level Michael and Pete had arrived with the case. "Could you back the Escalade into this first section, Michael? It might be a good idea to close the doors after you back in."