Justine Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

Lorenzo looked at her with tear-filled eyes. "I have been so stupid." he thought to himself as he kissed her. He wanted to make love with her but held off. He would claim her in words and then they would consummate their new relationship in a few days.

Naila however, had other ideas. She deepened the kiss, touching Lorenzo's tongue with hers ignoring the pain as his hands touched her back.

"Naila..." Lorenzo said as he broke the kiss. "Not now. We'll wait for a few more days when you're not in pain."

"I can handle a little pain." she replied and kissed him again.

Lorenzo pushed her back again, looked into her eyes and smiled at her.

"I know, but I don't want you to have to handle a little pain. I never want you to feel pain again so we'll wait for a few more days."

Naila started to object but Lorenzo kissed her into silence.

"For the next few days, you rest and build up your strength; you're going to need it." Lorenzo said as he stood up and carried her to the side of the bed. "In you go."

He turned back the bed and gently laid her in it. He stripped and got in behind her careful not to press to hard against her back. When she was settled, he asked the one question that he hadn't asked.

"How is it that you know about vampires?"

"My grandmother used to tell me stories about them. In her later years when she became confused, she would tell me about her lover who she said was a vampire. No one believed her but I eventually did."

"Why did you believe what could have been the ramblings of an old woman?" Lorenzo asked.

"My grandmother always had an active imagination and at first I didn't believe her. As I got older, I began to feel the truth in her words. She wasn't lying or making it up, she had a vampire lover." Naila replied.

"But she could have convinced herself that it was real therefore there was no lie." Lorenzo pressed.

"Possible, but I don't believe that. Even in her confusion the details that never changed."

"Did this vampire have a name?" Lorenzo asked.

"I asked but she wouldn't tell me. She mentioned something about it not being safe for any of us if she told me. I know what you're thinking." Naila said. "Because I've wondered the same thing, why did he reveal to her what he was and then not erase her memory. The only thing that I can think of is that she like me knew what he was before he told her and trusted her to keep his secret."

Lorenzo was quiet. That had been his question and he thought that he knew the answer.

"Sometimes a vampire will find a human woman and fall in love with her even though she isn't his mate. That may have been what happened with your grandmother. I would say that whoever he was, he loved and trusted her a great deal not to have erased her memory."

"She loved him too." Naila said. "She died without telling me anything about him other than that she loved him. Toward the end she barely knew her name but if I asked about him, her mind cleared and she would say, now Naila, you know I can't tell you that and then she would slip back into confusion."

"His faith in her wasn't misplaced." Lorenzo said softly. "She must have been a remarkable woman. But enough talk, you need to rest. When you wake up, I'll fill you in on vampire politics."

Naila snuggled back against him, closed her eyes and fell asleep.

As she slept, Lorenzo began planning for the gala. Security was going to be a bitch.

********

"I've got the paperwork so that we can move the remains of your aunt and grandmother here." Zoe told Justine two days after the visit to the realm.

"Great! How soon can we get them here?" Justine asked.

"Well, we have to schedule and appointment to have them removed from their currant resting places. It looks like the soonest we could have it done will be two days from now which would be Thursday." Zoe replied.

"Alright, set it up and we'll send someone for the remains that evening. We'll hold the service Friday evening." Justine replied.

"I'll take care of it." Zoe said and then hesitated.

"What is it Zoe?" Justine asked.

"Are you sure about the gala?"

"If you're referring to the length I'm sure." Justine replied her tone making it clear that it wasn't up for discussion.

"I understand what you're trying to do but Justine logistically..."

"I get it." Justine said firmly. "But do you know what the problem has been? We're responsible for all of these people and they don't get a chance to interact with us. They need to know that we're real and not a child's bedtime story and that won't happen unless they see us. So this gala is going to happen and it's going to last for a week."

Zoe smiled at her, nodded and walked away. The right woman had been chosen for the job.

*******

Friday evening arrived faster than anyone thought possible. The remains of Justine's aunt and grandmother, Josephine's sister and mother lay in sealed caskets in the east part of the garden. Music played softly as Justine, Quinn, Josephine and David stood in front of the two caskets. Quinn's arm was around Justine who was holding Josephine's hand in support. David was on the other side of Josephine with an arm around her waist. After several moments, Josephine let go of Justine's hand and took a step toward the caskets. She went to the dark mahogany one first and lovingly touched it.

"I'm so sorry that I didn't get to say thank you for all that you did for me and Justine. I'm sorry that you died worrying about me and that I didn't get the chance to tell you that I loved you while you were still alive. I love you mama, and you can rest easy now. I'm back and with my baby girl. You should see her! Maybe you can, but mama she's gorgeous and she's a queen! Remember how you used to call her your highness when she wouldn't eat lima beans?"

Josephine paused a moment to regain her composure. She leaned into David when she felt him at her side.

"You would be so proud of her. I wish that I knew if you were hearing me." she said softly.

A second later, Josephine and then Justine felt a touch that was as light as a butterfly's touch on their cheek and then it was gone.

Josephine went to the dark blue casket next and as she had with the first one, she touched it lovingly.

"God Belinda," she murmured. "I don't even know how to begin to thank you for raising Justine into a fine young woman. You gave up so much for her and for me too. I wish that I could tell you how sorry I am that I went to work that night. If I could go back and relive that night, I would have chosen differently. I want you to know that I love you and mama both and that you can rest now. I'm safe and with Justine."

Justine and Josephine felt another light touch but on the opposite cheek. Justine and Quinn joined Josephine and David at the caskets and stood silent while final good byes were said.

A few minutes later, Debra Adele Graves was lowered into her resting place and then Belinda Ann Graves was lowered into hers. Quinn held Justine and David Josephine as they both cried. They stood at the site until the caskets were covered and the headstones were in place.

Taking Josephine's hand in hers, Justine placed protective wards over the gravesite. They walked away from the gravesite closing one chapter of their lives and walking into a new one.

***************

Thank you to my beta readers Donalde and Anjel54 for taking the time to read and to alert me of any errors. I appreciate you! On a personal note, I know that my submissions aren't coming as quickly and I ask for your patience. I have been busy with real life things such as helping my daughter get ready for her wedding, which is a couple of weeks away. Thank you all for reading my stories and your patience.

Kal

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers