Kelli's Decision

Story Info
A hiker must risk her life or share her body.
9.9k words
4.73
60k
99
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This story contains themes of reluctant sex. All characters are over age 18. I hope you enjoy!

*****

Each step took her farther into the night. Kelli's pink running shoes crunched against the gravel driveway, sliding several inches back for every step she took forward. The shoes, her socks, and her ankles were filthy from hours of hiking through the West Virginia dirt. 'Seven miles to the town' he had told her. Seven more miles on her already aching legs. Seven miles with no food, little water, and with night already fully upon her.

Knowing she shouldn't, Kelli looked back over her shoulder. She had gone no more than a hundred yards from the cabin. She could still make out the soft light pouring from the front door. Inside she knew was the welcoming heat of a wood stove, a warm meal, hot shower, and a soft bed. And him.

She turned and took another step into the darkness.

***

"I'll catch up with you, shit!"

Kelli had decided to punish Alex just a bit longer. The asshole had ruined their hike by flirting with Sara. Or at least talking to her more than Kelli thought was necessary. He'd even made a comment about how cool her boots were. Hiking boots aren't cool, Kelli thought. Running shoes that match your pink top are cool. Shorts that show off your legs are cool, not some shitty hiking pants that the rest of their group was wearing. Shorts that show off your perfect ass.

"Seriously Kelli, I think we should stick together." Alex had put on his serious face. "We're already running late."

Alex was smart enough not to remind Kelli she was the reason they had started so late. He was learning. Still, she didn't see what the big deal was. It was a beautiful early spring day with only a few clouds to mar the perfect blue sky. She was pleasantly tired, the sort of fatigue that washed away quickly with a burger and a few beers.

Sara and the others were already clustered around the trailhead at the far side of the clearing, eager to carry on. Alex stood in the middle, torn between sticking with her and giving her some space. Kelli put on her bitchiest face. "Just go, fuck! I said I'll catch up with you. You're not my dad!"

That did the trick. "Fine," Alex said. "Just don't wait too long." Alex peered up at the sky as if he could see some lurking menace. "It gets dark here fast." With that he joined the others as they hiked single file out of the clearing.

"Thanks dad!" she yelled after them.

Fifteen minutes ought to do it, she thought. Long enough to make him worry just a bit, but not so long anyone would freak out. Alex just had to learn is all. She might even let him fuck her tonight if he apologized a few more times.

Kelli sat on a log in the clearing and leaned back to catch the sun. Her little top left plenty of exposed skin to soak up the rays. She rolled up the hem to expose her belly and slipped the straps off of her shoulders. After a bit she let her eyes slide shut and savored the moment. The waterfall they had rested by bubbled away soothingly.

"Shit!" Kelli awoke shivering. A quick glance at her phone confirmed that she had napped close to an hour. The puffy little clouds that had decorated the sky earlier had been replaced by a wide grey one that seemed to take up the entire horizon. It felt at least five degrees cooler. "Shit!"

Kelli grabbed her few things and took off up the trail. Why hadn't Alex come back for her? She cursed him. Why hadn't he waited just around the corner like he was supposed to? Boys are stupid, she thought bitterly. Forget letting him sleep with her tonight. This would require at least a week of pouting.

Her legs complained as she fought her way up the steep trail. They had stiffened up while she napped and now resisted the sudden exertion. Grabbing onto branches and vines she pulled herself along. Behind her the storm cloud seemed to gather strength. Although still a ways off, it had become darker. The wind picked up as well, chilling her exposed skin, especially where she was sweating. Knowing she couldn't stop, Kelli plunged forward.

Panting with exertion she finally reached the top of the trail, or rather what she thought would be the top. Instead, the trail split. One branch continued uphill, while another continued on level ground. The blue and orange blazes she had been following also split. Kelli stopped, wracked by confusion. She hadn't been paying attention during the first half of their hike, preferring to follow Alex and the others. Now she wasn't sure which way would take her back to the trail head. She tried to remember. For sure they had started the hike by going downhill. If this was the same place then she'd need to go back up.

As much as she hated to do it, Kelli turned uphill once more. Evening began to settle around her.

***

Shivering with cold, Kelli finally reached the top of the long driveway. As he had said, it joined up with a narrow gravel road and continued uphill. Behind her the cabin was no more than a dot of light; in front was nothing but the unflinching night. A whirl of dead leaves spun across the road.

Kelli stopped to catch her breath. Her top did nothing to break the wet chill. Even her feet were cold and the rest of her colder. There was no sign of any traffic. Rubbing her arms and sides helped briefly but as soon as she stopped the chill shot back through her. She checked her phone for the hundredth time. No signal and very little power. The red 'battery low' indicator reminded her of all of the bad decisions leading up to this point.

She would freeze if she kept walking. The certainty was undeniable.

Kelli turned around.

***

That hadn't been the turnoff. Kelli knew it now, but what choice did she have? Go back another half hour just to take an equally unknown trail? No, surely if she kept going up she'd eventually climb out of the accursed valley. She'd find a road or a town.

If she could keep going, that was. The leading edge of the storm had caught her, sending spatters of rain through her clothes. The worrisome cloud also brought an early dusk, just like Alex had warned. The trail was increasingly difficult to find. More than once Kelli had to stop to figure out which was the trail and which was just a dead end. Though still angry at her boyfriend for leaving her, she'd give anything to see him waiting for her on the trail.

A light! With her head down trying to avoid tripping on the roots and rocks that littered the trail she had almost missed it. Excited, she nearly lost sight of it but there it was. Definitely the light of a house through the spare trunks and leafless branches. Kelli didn't waste any time looking for a connecting trail but tore through the woods. Vines tugged at her and fallen trees threatened to trip her, but she had found a singular focus.

The twenty year-old stumbled into a small but tidy clearing. The light she had seen came from a modest cabin of dark planks. The scent of woodsmoke and pine needles mixed with the wet air. There was a truck on the gravel driveway. Someone was home.

Kelli took a moment to compose herself. As she caught her breath she pulled the leaves from her hair, brushed the loose strands from her eyes, and straightened her top. She wasn't ignorant of the danger she was in. She didn't see any other cabins or lights and didn't hear any traffic. If the occupants of the cabin were murderers or rapists she'd be on her own. On the other hand shivering, hungry, and broken by fatigue she had scant hope of making it much further.

She knocked.

The man who opened the door did little to put Kelli at ease. He was considerably older than her, probably in his mid forties. At five-three Kelli wasn't always able to estimate how tall guys were, but he was at least a bit taller than Alex, who was five-ten. He was dressed simply, in jeans and a long-sleeved grey shirt. His thinning hair was cut close.

But it was the way he looked at Kelli that unnerved her. He didn't look surprised to find a cold, wet girl shivering at his door. He didn't look sympathetic or protective. He didn't usher her in immediately with promises of a blanket and hot chocolate. He just eyed her curiously, not bothering to conceal his interest in her legs and breasts.

"Uh, hi," Kelli said. "I'm really sorry to bother you but I'm, like, totally lost." Getting no reaction, Kelli pressed ahead. "I was out hiking but it got dark and started to rain and I can't find my friends plus my phone-"

"Phones don't work here," he said, cutting her off. "No signal." There was a faint scent of alcohol on his breath.

"Ahhhh, yeah," Kelli said. She was at a loss for how to proceed. "Like I said, I'm really sorry. Do you think I can come in? I'm really cold."

The stranger looked Kelli up and down once more. She was suddenly aware that the cold made her nipples stand out against the wet fabric of her top. Not for the first time that day she wished for a jacket.

"Yeah, come in." It seemed a significant concession.

The warmth of the cabin was heavenly. Kelli went at once to the wood stove, standing as close as she dared and turning slowly. "Omigod this feels so good, thank you. I'm Kelli."

The older man said nothing as he closed and locked the door. Still keeping an eye on her, he flopped down into a bulky lounger and picked up a beer. After a long swallow he finally acknowledged her. "Steven."

Kelli took in the cabin. There was a compact kitchen with just enough room for a four-person table. The living area was furnished with several heavy pieces like the lounger and a sofa. The sleeping area was separated only by a bookcase. It was a man's home, with little decoration and no clutter. Kelli didn't see a TV anywhere.

At least he wasn't trying to kill her.

"Hey, do you think I could use your phone?" Kelli tried to look as humble as possible.

"There's no phone. I told you, no signal." Steven took another long drink of beer.

Kelli figured out what was different about him. Most guys, especially old guys like him fawned over her. Practically without being asked they'd buy her drinks, jump-start her car, carry anything heavy, or let her leave work early. A normal guy would already be starting his truck to drive her into town, giving her a blanket, or offering her dinner. She'd have to work harder than usual it seemed.

"Oh, okay. So, like I said I'm really sorry to bother you. I mean, I hate to even ask but do you think you could drive me into town? I need to find my friends, let them know I'm okay."

The older man offered almost no reaction at all except to take the final sip from his beer and return it empty to the table. "Do you want a beer?"

"Oh sure, yeah." There was a dive bar not too far from her school. It was just far enough outside the university town to feel edgy, and the beers were cheap. Guys like Steven would ogle her and her friends while they giggled and said mean things under their breath. That was where she should be right now, tired but relaxed and laughing.

"Good. Get me one, too." His gaze was unflinching.

Resisting the urge to roll her eyes Kelli grabbed two beers from the refrigerator. They were from a local brewery, the kind of upscale beer that most college students would reserve for a special occasion. She handed one to him and took hers back to the kitchen table, a safe distance from her host.

"You see Kelli, I can't drive you right now." Steven placed his feet up on the coffee table. "I've already had a couple of beers and these roads aren't friendly at night. Sorry." He took a sip.

Kelli was dumbfounded. "So, what... I'm supposed to just keep walking?"

Steven shrugged. "You can, sure. Top of the driveway, then follow that road uphill. Another seven miles to town."

"Or what, sleep on the floor? Jesus, you're an asshole!" Kelli rarely had to be nice for more than a fleeting moment or two. She didn't like it.

Steven's face darkened. "Look Kelli, I didn't ask you to knock on my door tonight. What are you doing hiking at night? Where's your flashlight? Where are your boots, your jacket? Why the fuck are you on your own? You kids, you come out here like you're walking around the block. You have no respect for what you're getting into! Could you even use a map if I shoved one in your hands?"

Kelli's face flushed with shame. Her natural inclination was to lash out, but she closed her mouth as soon as she opened it. She had to remember where she was, how precarious her situation had become. There were warning signs she had missed.

"Yeah, okay. Sorry." she mumbled.

The two drank in silence as Kelli mulled her options. She could keep hiking. The warmth of the cabin emboldened her. She'd already hiked more than seven miles. Would another seven kill her? But another voice argued with her newfound confidence. She'd be shivering again two minutes after walking out the door. Seven more miles was out of the question. The alternative was to stay here overnight. Alex and the others would freak out, but she'd be safe.

Kelli's beer was almost empty. "Okay," she said.

"Okay?" Steven arched his eyebrows.

"Yeah, so I don't want to bother you or anything. I know you're busy." Kelli couldn't help letting some bitchiness creep into her voice. "So if it's okay I'll just sleep on the couch. Tomorrow you can either drive me into town, or I'll just-"

"No," Steven said, cutting her off.

"walk... Wait, what?"

"I said 'no', as in no, you won't sleep on the couch. If you stay here tonight you'll share my bed."

Kelli felt a sudden, cold knot of dread. "Sleep with you?" she said carefully. She was near enough the door to flee if needed.

"Yeah. Sleep with me. Seems like a fair trade. I save your life; you warm my bed..." There was nothing threatening about his body language. He didn't seem like he was about to jump up and start to rape her. As far as Kelli could tell he was serious.

Anger rose in her anew. Placing her hand on the front door handle, she lashed out. "The fuck is wrong with you? You sick pervert! Fucking hillbilly asshole!"

With that, Kelli stormed out the door, leaving it swinging open in the wind.

***

Not thirty minutes later she stood outside once again. The truck had been one option. If there had been so much as a blanket she might have slept in the cab. Of course it had been locked.

Her options were down to one. She already felt something beyond a mere chill creeping into her bones. She shivered near continuously and her feet had started to go numb. Her top and shorts were soaked and useless. Numbly, she reached forward to knock.

The crunch of gravel from behind spun her around. Steven stood at the edge of the drive, staring at her curiously. His arms were loaded with firewood. He had pulled on a cap for his excursion into the night but otherwise seemed indifferent to the rain and cold. His eyes traveled her body brazenly.

"Mind opening the door?"

It took a moment for the request to register with Kelli. She almost fled then, but the firewood reminded her how inviting the warmth of the cabin had been. "Uh, okay," she said softly.

She popped the latch and stepped back as Steven brushed past her. The welcoming warmth of the cabin blew around her, disappearing into the night. It was her last chance to flee.

She didn't.

Following Steven inside, she mutely watched as he unloaded his burden into the firewood rack. Brushing the debris from his hands, he walked into the bathroom. A few seconds later Kelli heard the rush of water. Tantalizing wisps of steam reached her.

"You're freezing," Steven said, emerging. "Get in there. I'll bring you something to wear."

Kelli hesitated, staring into the tendrils of steam swirling from the bathroom door. She felt rooted to the spot, unable to proceed and too exhausted to turn and run. To bathe here seemed like crossing a line, a sign she had committed to something she had yet to reconcile herself with. Sensing his eyes upon her, she darted into the bath.

The full embrace of the steam was blissful. Kelli took a moment to bask in it before stripping to her chilled skin. Her few clothes dropped into the corner looked pitifully inadequate. How could she ever have thought they were sufficient to protect her?

Like the rest of the cabin, the bath was compact and tidy. A brush, toothpaste, toothbrush, and deodorant lined the vanity. The minimum male essentials. Kelli dared a quick peek in the medicine cabinet. The only surprise, sandwiched on the top shelf between a box of bandages and extra strength pain reliever was a dusty travel-sized bottle of a woman's shampoo. She wondered how long it had been since her host had entertained an overnight guest.

If the steam felt blissful, the water was heavenly. Kelli slowly turned her lithe body under the near-scalding torrent. Alternating soaping and rinsing between periods of simply soaking up the heat, the blonde gradually stopped shivering. By the time she shampooed and shut off the water, she felt almost back to normal. She tried pretending she was back in her dorm.

The sight of the folded t-shirt and towel brought her back to the present. In her haste to avoid further contact with her host she had bolted into the bathroom before he could hand her anything to dry off with or wear. The realization that he had stood just inches away while she showered was unsettling. Had he already taken a peek at her through the steam?

She toweled off and examined the shirt. West Virginia Bluegrass Festival 2014. The t-shirt was clean, folded, and about three times larger than her petite frame required. On the other hand no other garments seemed forthcoming, and oversized as it was the shirt at least covered her ass. Her little pile of damp clothes was missing. Kelli brushed her hair longer than was necessary and picked stray threads off of the shirt. Anything to postpone facing what waited for her outside the door.

It was the smell of something savory that finally tempted her out of the bathroom. Emerging, she spotted Steven in front of the stove ladling soup into a bowl. He had set a spot for her at the table with a glass of water and another beer. There was a plate with what looked like homemade bread. She dug in.

Somewhat to her surprise, the older man didn't gawk at her while she ate. Instead, Steven cleaned up the few dishes, brought in more firewood, and hung Kelli's wet clothes to dry near the fire. Hanging on the back of a kitchen chair they looked like little more than doll's clothes.

Fatigue began to catch up with her. The initial rush of fear had subsided, even if Kelli still dreaded what was to come. The full belly and hint of tipsiness from the beers also helped. She yawned visibly.

"My turn," Steven said, reaching for the hem of his shirt. For a moment Kelli tensed, but he was heading for the bathroom, not the bed. She kept her head down as he tugged off his shirt and stepped through the door. The sound of the shower once again reached her.

The idea of fleeing died as quickly as it arose. A comfortable lethargy had embraced her. The thought of trying to gather what she needed for another escape into the night seemed overwhelming. She was comfortable here, warm and full. Though she found the idea distasteful, surely sleeping with the older man wouldn't be that bad. She'd let Alex and her other boyfriends fuck her even when she wasn't quite in the mood. Boys were always so nice to her afterwards.

Lazily, she examined the few magazines on the heavy coffee table. There was a predictable, outdoorsy issue full of photos and articles about camping, climbing, and hiking. In the photos, the women always wore some colorful but practical clothing. Irritated, she looked for something else to distract her. The next title she found was thicker, with a square binding like a book. The book's title was simply: Neuroscience - Proceedings Q2 2018. Curiously, she flipped through the pages but found only indecipherable text and colorful but meaningless illustrations. Kelli began to question her assumption that Steven was one of the local bumpkins.