Love Me... Love My Dogs Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We had decided to keep the transfer a secret from her parents, certain the surprise would be a good one.

Everything was in place.

I suppose our plans put a little more pressure on her during exams, wanting a clean start with maximum credits in her favour, but she handled it easily, passing with her usual flying colours.

Ever since I had given her the ride back to school after her Christmas break, she had been stranded there without her car. Now that she was leaving for good, she would need a ride again. John to the rescue.

I borrowed my friend's truck again, just in case she had a lot of stuff to bring back, and made the drive there one last time. She did have more boxes than my car could have accommodated, so the truck was needed. As she took her seat, she giggled, and sniffed.

"See? It hardly smells of my pussy at all!" she smiled.

"Yeah, well, just the same, let's not reenact the scenario. He gave me funny looks for weeks," I laughed.

"Okay, baby. Home, James," she chuckled, pointing in the right direction. I started the engine, and put the truck in gear.

"Honey...my name is John," I said, pulling into traffic, "but you can call me anything you'd like."

Christie behaved herself on the way home, and we had a nice, relaxing trip, with the customary midway pit stop for lunch. While we were waiting for our food, she gave me this look that told me she had something serious to say.

"Baby, you're sure you'll be okay with this, right?" she asked. "I don't want to assume anything, and it will be harder on you than me."

"Don't worry your pretty little head," I replied. "I've had lots of time to figure it out, and I'm sure we'll be fine. I wouldn't have it any other way."

***

Having delivered Christie back home, I stashed her boxes in my garage and returned the truck to my friend, returning with my car. When I walked in, there was a message waiting on my home phone. It was Ed.

"Hi John, it's Ed, next door," he said. "I wanted to thank you again for picking up my little girl and bringing her back home. We're having a little dinner celebration tomorrow night to mark Christie's return and passing her exams, and I'd like to invite you over to join us. I'll let you call Angela back, since she's the master planner. Looking forward to seeing you."

I was a bit surprised. Ed had never called before. Did he know something?

Nah, I thought. He's just being a good Dad. So tomorrow's the day.

I called Angela back, and she gave me the time I should arrive, in the middle afternoon. She didn't add anything, so I assume Ed was nearby.

The evening was quiet. I snuggled with the dogs. Christie didn't come for a visit, but I wasn't expecting her to. We had talked about it, and realized we might be asking for trouble we didn't need.

Sleep didn't come easily. I was on edge, and it took a while for me to close my eyes, but that was somewhat helpful, as it led to me sleeping later than usual. At last, it was time for me to walk next door.

I was greeted at the door, before I could knock, by my lovely girl, who stepped out quietly for a quick kiss. She had been watching for me.

"I missed you last night," she smiled.

"I missed you, too," I replied. "Ready?"

"Ready," she giggled, and slipped back inside. I waited fifteen seconds, and knocked. The door opened.

"John!" she gasped. "Come on in! Great to see you!"

Okay, she was overplaying it. She was my girl. I cut her all the slack she would ever need.

We walked into the kitchen together, where Angela was whipping up something delicious with her usual flair.

"Hi ya, Schultz!" I laughed.

Angela went about her business without reaction. "I don't know what you're talking about," she said quietly.

"Huh? Schultz?" Christie asked.

"Ask him," Angela smiled, pointing a wooden spoon at me. "He started it." Christie turned to me.

"I'll explain later," I replied. "Where's Ed? The usual?"

"Yeah," Angela said, "except he's watching a movie, since football is over."

"Okay. Wish me luck?" I asked, giving Christie a kiss. She returned it passionately.

"Would you two cut it out? I can't very well say I don't know about you if you keep doing that in front of me, can I?" Angela hissed.

"You're right," I smiled. "Sorry, Mom."

"Oh...fuck off, you prick!" she giggled, flicking an olive slice at me, as I walked out.

I'd been to this house often enough that I knew exactly how to find Ed. He was in his theatre.

When I got there, Tom Cruise was calling Jack Nicholson to the stand. It was, of course, 'A Few Good Men', one of my favourite movies, and I had timed it perfectly. This was the best scene in the whole film.

My mind was turning things over, again and again, and even though I wasn't paying attention directly, the movie was colouring my thoughts. I was nervous.

I was in danger. Grave danger? Is there another kind? No, Jack. Really, what was the worst that could happen? Ed would be angry, not homicidal. Christie would still be in love with me. She might even move in. Hmmm.

I watched Tom Cruise's hand shake, as he prepared to confront the Colonel in the movie. I sympathized. I was a little shaky, as well.

Could Ed, as the movie said, 'handle the truth'? I was just mulling that over, when Christie walked in.

"Mom, could you join us in here for a minute?" she called.

I patted my pocket. Yes, it was there.

Angela walked in, wearing her apron and wiping her hands. "Yes, honey?"

Christie stood in front of us, looking a little nervous.

"Mom... Dad...I'm moving home!" she giggled, clapping her hands. "I've made arrangements to transfer to the University in town, so I'm coming home!"

There was a cheer from all involved, and hugs were dispensed. I put my hand in my pocket, and left it there.

Okay, John. It's time. Scrape together all the courage you can gather, and do what you've been wanting to do for months.

I stood, and took my hug from Christie. I looked deep into her eyes, then slowly dropped to one knee. She gazed at me, stunned for a few seconds, before her hand flew up to cover her mouth, and she gasped. Another gasp from behind me signalled Angela's comprehension of the moment.

In my pocket, the velvet box I had purchased nearly four weeks ago after a long search was tucked in my fingers as I withdrew my hand. Christie's eyes were wide, as I opened it and showed her the ring I hoped to be putting on her finger in a minute.

"Christie, will you be my wife?" I asked.

I was being very trusting, putting my back to Ed at this point. He was happy that his little girl was coming home, but I was dousing that fire pretty quickly. The outcome of the night was dependent on Christie's answer, in more ways than she knew.

She teared up, and nodded, opening her arms to welcome me in.

"Yes, John, of course I'll marry you!" she giggled. "I love you so much!" We hugged, then Christie stepped back, ring finger extended to accept the ring. I happily slipped it on her delicate digit, then kissed her.

The order of things was certainly not conventional, but we didn't care. Yes, usually, the bride's parents knew she was seeing someone before the wedding announcement. Usually, but not today. We turned to face them.

Angela was doing her best Meryl Streep impression, passably conveying surprise to those who didn't know better. Ed was just stunned, with his mouth open.

"You're this mystery boyfriend we've been hearing about?" she asked, trying not to laugh.

"So it would seem," I smiled. Ed found his voice.

"So...how long have you two..." he gestured, unable to finish the sentence out loud. Yes Ed, I've been having sex with your little girl... who, if you haven't noticed, has grown into a full blown hottie. She's a woman now. She's my woman now.

"Long enough to know that John is the perfect man for me," Christie answered. "He treats me with respect, and makes me very happy, and I love him."

She finished the sentence in a manner that told me there was going to be no debate. Apparently, that message was also clear to her parents. Angela stepped forward, and hugged us both.

Okay Ed...your daughter is happy, and your wife is happy. If you rain on the parade now, you're going to look like an ogre. I don't need you to be happy yet, just look happy. We'll work the rest of it out, between us, later.

I felt a hand pat me on the shoulder, a little harder than merely congratulatory, but there was no knife involved, so I considered it a win.

I hoped...perhaps the correct word was 'prayed'...that Ed could see the same difference that Angela did, between fucking his daughter, and loving his daughter. I hoped to have some time to let him figure it out.

Nope. The ladies left together, jabbering happily about wedding stuff, and inspecting the glittering bauble on Christie's hand. That left Ed and myself alone. His face went from happy to serious, and I knew I was in trouble.

"John...we need to have a word," he said.

Oh...shit... Dinner was going to be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you again for reading, and I honestly hope you enjoyed this time with Christie and John. There will be more, but I ask for your patience again, as I have several other stories that need similar attention. Keep checking in.

Did you vote yet? Please do!