Mistakes Were Made

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was right o course. I went back out to John and said, "I have two booms I can let you have for this contract."

John looked surprised. "How much you want for them?"

I said, "Why don't we just split the rental fee. That will give us both something on the deal."

I couldn't believe the size of the smile on John's face as we headed back to load the two booms on his truck. When we had theme loaded, John said, "You know you saved my life here?”

I said, "Someday I could find myself in a similar situation and I would hope I could come to you for assistance."

After that John often came to me when he needed help filling an order and soon word seemed to get out that if you were in a jam, call Gary. I found myself not only helping competitors fill orders with equipment from my warehouse but when someone needed something I didn't have I had developed a network of contacts I could call on to get what was needed. Within a year it seemed that I had friends at every entertainment equipment supplier and every movie studio in the Los Angeles area. I guess you might say I was a success.

All that was seven years ago. Now Brenda and I have been married nearly eight years and everything was great until four months ago. The trouble all started one morning shortly after the clock radio came on. Brenda and I were just waking up when Brenda said that she had strange dream. I asked her about it and she said that she had been a bad girl in her dream. That caught my attention. I asked, "What do you mean you were a bad girl? What did you do?"

Brenda said, "In my dream I was in bed with another man."

I asked, "Were you having sex with him?"

"It was just a dream."

I could see that Brenda didn't want to say that she had sex in her dream so I teased her a little. "How big was his cock?"

Even through my sleepy eyes I could see Brenda was blushing. She said, "I didn't see him naked I was just... You know with him in bed."

"Who was he?"

"It was a guy from work. I don't really know him, he is just someone I see at the office occasionally."

"What's his name?"

"Chris Parker."

"Did you ever have a dream like that before?"

"No. That's what made it so strange."

I teased her for a little while longer then I got into the shower. By the time I finished my breakfast I had pushed Brenda's dream out of my mind and replaced it with thoughts about work.

The subject of Brenda's dream didn't come up again for several days and it wasn't Brenda I was talking to when it came up. I was having lunch with Bill Jackson, a buyer for one of the studios I service. Bill is quite the ladies man. Seems like he is always talking about a new woman in his life. That day at lunch Bill started to tell me about a dream he had. When he finished I told him about Brenda's dream expecting to get a laugh out of it. When I finished the story Bill said, "You better keep an eye on her."

I asked what he meant and he said, "When I have a dream like that it's because I am sexually attracted to that person. Every time I wake up after a dream like that I can't get the person in the dream out of my mind. I think that is probably true for anyone including your wife."

I was getting a little angry with Bill. I didn't like him talking about Brenda that way, but I felt a certain truth in what he said. I have had dreams like that and I know when I wake up I can't get the person out of my head for a while. As I mulled this over I was suddenly aware that Bill was still talking. He was saying, "As a matter of fact one time I had sex with the object in one of my dreams the same day. As a matter of fact that was what ended my first marriage. "

I said, "First marriage? You've been married more than once?"

"I'm on my third marriage now. But this one is almost over. She thinks I am cheating on her."

"Are you?"

"Of course I am, but she doesn't know that for sure."

As I got up from the table to go back to work Bill said, Remember what I said, she wants him. That's why she dreamed about him. You better keep an eye on her."

That pissed me off. I said, Brenda's not like that. She would never cheat on me."

"I hope you're right."

When I got back to my office I kept thinking about what Bill had said. I couldn't believe that Brenda would be sexually interested in another man. But if she wasn't interested why did she dream about him? Then the answer hit me. The times I had dreams like that I would wake up aroused by the dream but I never pursued any of the girls I dreamed about. Usually once I was fully awake I would forget about dream. I decided that this was the case with Brenda.

That evening as I was making love to Brenda I had a sudden picture of Brenda with another man. I had just lifted Brenda's nightgown up over her hips and I was kissing the inside of her thighs and was working my way up to her soft, blond fuzz covered vulva. I forced that thought from my head as I ran my tongue up over her vulva and used the tip of my tongue to separate her lips.

Once I had Brenda near orgasm and well lubricate I move up on top of her and pushed my cock into her hot tunnel. I pulled Brenda toward so that we rolled onto our sides and as I slowly pump my hard member into her I looked into Brenda's face and asked her, "Have you had any more nasty dreams lately?"

Brenda looked puzzled. "What nasty dreams?"

"Like the one you had about Chris Parker."

"What? Are you still thinking about that? I had forgotten all about it. No, I haven't had any more dreams like that. Why do you ask?"

"Just curious. What dose Chris Parker look like?"

"Oh I get it. You're jealous. Well you don't have anything to be jealous about. I have no interest in Chris Parker."

"Well why do you think you dreamed about him?"

"You know what dreams are like. There are lots of times I see people in a dream and when I wake up I can't figure out why I dreamed about them."

I said, That's true but most of those dreams aren't sexual dreams."

Brenda kissed me and said, "You don't have anything to worry about. You know I would never cheat on you. If you really want to know, Chris is in his forties, he's shorter than me, and he weighs about 170 pounds and slightly balding. He is not my type at all."

I felt much better. Not just because Chris Parker wasn't an Adonis, but because Brenda never had lied to me and if she promised that she would never cheat on my I believed her.

One other thing struck me about that moment and that was how horny I was. Contemplating the possibility of Brenda being interested in another man did not affect my libido, at least not in a negative way.

I was able to put the whole thing out on my mind for the next couple of weeks. That's when Brenda got a promotion to a supervisory position. With the promotion Brenda got her own office. Brenda called me from work to tell me the good news and insisted that we go out to dinner to celebrate. She told me to come over to see her new office then we would go out to dinner.

Although I had been in Brenda's building many times over the last few years I had never been on the fifth floor where her new office was located. When I got off of the elevator I was in the center of a large open area filled cubicles made with modular furniture. The walls of the cubicles were about five feet high so you couldn't see who was in them. The managers and supervisors offices were along the outside walls of the building. Brenda's new office was in the back right hand side of the building next to the corner office. As I walked down a passage way between rows of cubicles one of the name tags caught my eye. I wasn't consciously looking at the name tags but Chris Parker's name just jumped out at me. I backed up and looked in at the man sitting the cubicle. He had his back to me and was on the phone. Although I didn't want him to turn around and see me I couldn't seem to make myself move and before I could recover my composure he put the phone down, stood up and turned to face me. He asked if he could help me.

I stammered for a second and managed to say, "I just saw the name Chris Parker on the name tag here," while I pointed at the tag next to the opening to the cubicle. "I went to college with a Chris Parker. Your obviously not the Chris Parker I knew, is this your cube."

"Yea, I'm Chris Parker. There's probably a lot of Chris Parkers' around and I'm the one you don't know." Then he turned and sat back down at his desk.

I was very disturbed as I walked away for Parker's cubicle. Not only because he was a rude asshole but because he was six feet tall, very athletic looking, had a full head of dark hair and couldn't be much more than 30 years old.

When I got to Brenda's office I was confused and a little angry. Brenda had lied when she described Parker to me. Now I was going to have to find out why. When I walked into her office I lost most of my angry. Brenda was genuinely happy to see me and I just couldn't stay mad. She was so excited about her promotion and her new office. She said, "Look, come here and look at this." She was pointing at the window behind her desk. Then she opened the blinds revealing a great view of Universal Studios. "What do you think of that?"

Her excitement was contagious. I told her I thought it was a great view and that I was very proud of her. Then I sat in one of the chairs in front of her desk and she told me about her new duties and how much more she would be making. After twenty minutes of chit chat we left to go to dinner.

As we started down on the elevator I casually mentioned that I had seen Chris Parker. Brenda caught my meaning immediately and she actually laughed. She said, "I guess he didn't look like I described him did he?"

"Not exactly."

"You know why don't you?"

"I guess so. You thought I would be jealous so you wanted to put my mind at ease."

"Well, what would you have thought if I described him as he really looks."

"I guess I see your point." And I did. Brenda's demeanor told me that she had nothing to hide and I should stop worrying about Chris Parker except that I owed it to myself to be rude to him if I ever got the chance. The rest of the evening was very pleasant and we ended the night by making love slowly.

A few days later I was having a business lunch with Bill Jackson and Andy Capra. You should remember that Bill is the buyer for one of the studios that first told me that I should keep an eye on Brenda. Andy worked for a costuming company. Andy and I were putting together a package deal to rent my sound and lighting equipment and 1000 Civil War uniforms from Andy's wardrobe. After we had completed our business we sat talking over coffee. Out of the blue Bill asked, "What ever happened with your wife and that guy she had the dream about?"

Before I could respond Andy had jumped into the conversation, "What this about? It sounds juicy."

I said, "Nothing happened."

Andy looked disappointed and asked, "What kind of dream?"

I was going to say it was nothing and leave it at that but Bill quickly told Andy the whole story. Andy seemed to really enjoy listening to the story and when Bill was done Andy turned to me an asked, "And you don't think there is a problem with this man?"

Andy is 22 years old and could pass for 17. I like Andy as a person and the fact that he is openly gay doesn't bother me. But sometimes he acts more like a gossipy old woman than the young man that he is. I knew that he didn't mean any disrespect for me or Brenda, he just saw this a an interesting story and he wanted to know more. So thinking that none of this was important I told them about how Brenda had described Parker as a short chubby bald man and that I had seen him and he turned out to be a tall handsome man with a full head of hair and an athletic body. Then I told them that Brenda told me why she lied about him.

When I was done Andy smiled and asked me to introduce him to Parker. I told Andy he was to good for Parker. Then Bill said, "You can't be that foolish. Your wife lies about what this guy looks like and that doesn't bother you? You need to find out what is really going on here?"

I said, "There's nothing going on. Brenda doesn't know this guy and I am sure if she ever met him she wouldn't like him."

Bill asked, "How can you know that?"

I was getting annoyed with Bill again, "I know because I know Brenda."

As I was staring at Bill I heard Andy say something but wasn't sure what. I turned and asked him what he said.

Andy said, "I said that you should get your wife and this guy together and watch how the act around each other."

I said, "There would be nothing to watch because there is nothing to see and even if my wife was interested in this guy, she sure as hell wouldn't do anything with me around."

"Well, then you shouldn't be around." Bill responded.

Then Andy said, "Right. You need to get then together somewhere that you can watch them without them knowing."

I was getting pissed now. "I don't need to spy on my wife because there is nothing to spy on."

Andy and Bill backed off after that, Bill said, "You know best, it's your marriage." That was the end of the conversation.

As I drove back to my office I thought about what Bill and Andy had said to me and although I didn't agree with their assessment of the situation I was curious about how Brenda would act if she was in a social situation with Parker and I wasn't there. I didn't know how I could make that happen so I put it out of my mind.

Actually the opportunity happened without any help from me. About a week after my meeting with Bill and Andy Brenda told me that her company was having a dinner party at the Hilton. The dinner was for employees and spouses or significant others. The dinner was the following Wednesday evening. I didn't think anything about it except that I might get a chance to be rude to Parker. I was looking forward to that. Then Wednesday afternoon I realized that this party gave me an opportunity to observe Brenda and Parker in a social situation without either of them knowing I was watching. So at five o'clock I called Brenda and told her that I had some people coming late to pick up orders and I wouldn't get to the dinner party until eight o'clock. Brenda said, "That's okay. We are supposed to go in for dinner at eight. We'll be socializing and having drinks from 6:30 until eight.

I got to the hotel around 6:45 and found that the reception before dinner was in one of the hotel meeting rooms so I headed back to the room. I found a place where I peek in a side door to the meeting room and see in without being seen by anyone in the room. It took a few minutes to spot Brenda. She was standing with some of her friends from work. Brenda had a drink in her hand and she was talking and laughing. As I watched her it struck me how beautiful she was and how much I loved her. I continued staring at her for a while then turned my attention to finding Parker. I spotted him on the other side of the room talking to a couple of attractive women. In spite of the fact that I was sure that Brenda wasn't interested in Parker I was relieved to see that they were not talking. As I continued watching him, Parker turned away from the women he was talking to and headed across the room toward Brenda. I felt a sudden knot in my stomach as I followed his progress across the room. He passed no closer that ten feet from Brenda and never looked in her direction and Brenda never stopped the conversation she was having. Parker continued on to the bar, got three drinks and walked back to join the women he had been talking.

I felt very foolish, especially when there was obviously nothing to see. I gave up my post and walked back around to the main door to the reception and went in and joined Brenda.

A few nights later I stopped after work to have a beer with Bill and as we were talking Andy came in and sat with us. We were on out third beer when Bill teased me saying, "So I guess everything is good on the home front?"

I said, "Things are great." Then like and an idiot I told them about spying on Brenda at the party. I somehow thought that when I told them how Brenda never even looked at Parker and it was quite obvious that she had no interest in him that Bill and Andy would realized that Brenda was never going to have anything to do with Parker. Boy was I wrong.

Bill said, "That doesn't prove anything. It was a company party right? And you wife was with her friends. She couldn't very well flirt with Parker in front of her peers and then innocently sit down to dinner with you. That would cause all kinds of problems for her at work."

Andy added, "Just think of the gossip that would generate." That thought appealed to Andy.

Bill said, "The fact that your wife dreamed about this guy doesn't mean that there is anything going between them."

That was the first positive thing Bill had said and I told him I agreed with him. But them he continued, "The dream just means that she is sexually attracted to him. Because she loves you she would never approach Parker but watch out if he ever starts coming on to her."

I said, "God dam it! Brenda is not attracted to that asshole and it doesn't matter if he comes on to her or not, she would never have anything to do with him.

Bill said, "Take it easy Gary, we’re just teasing you. You're probably right. But then again how will you ever know for sure?"

Andy cleared his throat and said, "Well you know, there is a way he could find out what would happen. I mean find out what would happen if Parker did hit on Brenda."

By this time we were on our fifth round of drinks and I was just drunk enough to seriously listen to Andy's idea when I should have just gone home. "How would I do that?"

Andy looked at Bill then back at me as though we were about to get involved in a conspiracy and spoke softly so no one else could hear. "All you have to do is make Parker think that Brenda has the hots for him. Unless he is my type he will go after her."

"What am I supposed to do, walk up to him and say 'My wife has the hots for you.'?" I responded sarcastically.

"No. You get someone else to tell him." Andy replied.

"I am not about to tell someone else to go tell this guy my wife is interested in him sexually. And besides you can't just walk up to the guy out of the blue and tell him that some woman has the hots for him." I couldn't believe I was even having this conversation. I knew I should go home but I was content to be one of the conspirators for a while.

Suddenly Andy broke into a big smile and said, "I've got it. Gary, you do it. You get to know him then tell him you heard that this lady named Brenda has the hots for him."

I said, "I can't do that. He would recognize me as Brenda's husband."

Then Andy laughed and said, "That's just it. He wouldn't recognize you. That is after my friend Stephen gets done with you. Stephen is a makeup artist and when he fixes you up your own mother wouldn't recognize you. That way you could talk to this guy and get his trust and then tell him you heard from someone that Brenda was very interested in him. That way you could monitor his progress as he tries to seduce your wife."

At that point I said, "You know that just might work. That is if I felt any need to try to get some guy to seduce my wife, which I don't. I'm going home. Luckily the bar we were at was within walking distance of my house because I was in no shape to drive.

When I got home Brenda took one look at me and said, "I hope you didn't drive home." I told her I didn't, and she said, "Go to bed." Which I did and I quickly fell asleep.

That night I had crazy dreams. Most I had trouble remembering a couple of hours after I woke up. In one that I did remember, Andy told me that he told Chris Parker that Brenda was in love with him. When I asked him why, he said, "So we can be together. You don't need Brenda. She can't take care of you like I can." Then I remember trying to stop Brenda from seeing Parker but I was too late. I saw her kissing him only in my dream she was kissing Bill, but he was Parker. I woke up around five AM and could not get back to sleep. My stomach burned and my head hurt and I couldn't get Andy's idea of disguising myself and telling Parker that Brenda was attracted to him out of my head. I guessed that it was because I was tired and hung over that the idea appealed to me. Somehow I knew it was a stupid idea but I couldn't get it out of my head.