More Than Friendship Material Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ben nodded approvingly. "Dude that was wicked."

Todd smiled at his friend and looked up to see Hollie and Liz coming out of the bedroom. Their eyes were on him, so much so that Hollie ran into Allen's back.

Liz had seen her share of fights between Todd and bullies, but this one was like the icing on the cake. It felt so just, that she wanted to yell out in triumph, but her excitement was short lived by the blood on his lip and the bruises forming on his face. She was torn, wanting to run to him and hug him close and never let go.

However, aside from Allen blocking the hall with his great big body, Hollie was in front of her. Hollie, the one he had slept with, the one he probably had feelings for and Hollie knew her secret. "Allen." She murmured, giving him the hint that he needed to move. The giant stepped aside and she gave Hollie a little nudge. "Go...go go."

She stepped in front of Allen, but tugged Liz around with her. "You go."

She gave Hollie a surprised look, but moved forward while Hollie hung back with GI Joe himself. She was trembling, she realized, the adrenaline catching up to her as she reached Todd and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face against his shoulder. "Ben's right, you kicked wicked ass." She tightened her fists against his shirt to stop the shaking, her eyes tearing up, "I'm so sorry. I should have never gone out to the club or tutored him..."

His arms pulled her close and squeezed her to him, "Jesus Liz, he's a sick fuck."

She held on for dear life, trying not to let panic take over after having to stay so calm and in control. Ben was talking to Mary who was screaming on the other end, frantic to get to them all, but Ben told her to stay put, that he would be home as soon as everyone was cleared out.

Todd held on to Liz, partially to support and comfort her, partially because she was helping keep him standing. The room was still spinning and he felt completely drained. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop them, couldn't protect you" he whispered. "I tried, but they surprised me and I could hear them in there. Are you and Hollie OK? Did they...?"

"We're OK," Liz sobbed. "Kevin and his friends didn't touch us, at least like that. Thank God for the power going off and Allen, and Hollie. She helped me get through it." Liz looked up into Todd's swollen eyes. "She's great. You're lucky to have her. You're both lucky. She needs you now, too."

The look in Liz's eyes gave her away, and Todd knew immediately what she was feeling. There was just too much activity, too may things had happened to go into that now, but Liz motioned Hollie forward. The little blonde looked surprised but came up to meet them and they all melted together in a mass of arms. Allen slipped past them and out the door. Within seconds, the power came back on, and he returned. Hollie looked up at him. "The lights going out, that was you?"

"Easier. No lights, no computer," Allen said with a nod. Todd didn't understand completely, but the girls did. They released Todd for the moment and hugged the big vet tight. The fighting hadn't elicited any emotion from Allen, Todd noticed, but now he looked perplexed at the attention.

Ben ended his conversation with Mary. "The police and EMT's are on their way."

Within seconds the sirens got louder and the lights from the emergency vehicles reflected off of the apartment windows. EMTs checked out Todd and all the injured frat boys, and all required a trip to the hospital. At the same time the police talked to the girls, Allen, and Ben. Since Todd required medical attention and it was late, none of his friends were required to go to go to the police station that night.

Instead, they were all to meet there the next morning, so that reports could be taken. Allen had to head back to X-Mart to relieve Jim, who had come in to cover when Todd had called his two co-workers earlier. He owed both of them big time, especially Allen. Following the ambulance that took Todd, Ben drove Hollie and Liz there in Todd's car. Mary met them, ballsy redhead that Liz was used to was replaced by a crying, comforting figure that couldn't stop hugging any of the three. Liz felt grateful to have all the concern and company as they waited to hear about Todd's condition. The horrors of the evening began to lessen as the friends talked. Hollie and Liz didn't want to discuss their ordeal in detail, but everyone was interested in details of the fights. Ben even called Allen at X-Mart to get his side of things. When he hung up the phone, he looked at the girls and shook his head, a little bemused.

"We''ll have to ask Todd. Allen's version lacks content."

Since the apartment held too many immediate memories and neither girl wanted to be alone Ben drove Liz and Hollie to his and Mary's place.

"Do you two mind sharing the guest bed?" Mary asked as they went inside.

"Oh it's OK," Hollie said with a worried look at Liz."I'll sleep on the couch."

"No you won't," Liz said pointedly looking back at Hollie. The two shared an unspoken conversation of looks, before Hollie acquiesced and Liz continued. "We'll share the bed, Mary."

They went to clear the bed of boxes he had stored there, and Mary took off to find linens and make the bed. Once they had gone, Hollie asked, "Liz, are you sure about this. I mean I..we just..."

"Hollie, I'm very sure," Liz answered. "You just took care of me in a way no friend ever should be asked to, and I appreciate it. You can't realize how much, especially since you know..."

'You love him."

"Yeah. I'm so sorry. It's not fair to you, or him. I didn't even know till the other day. Please, though, just forget about that. I don't want to get in your way, and I don't want to be alone tonight. This is probably weirding you out. I'll just take the couch."

"No, you won't." Hollie said with a shy smile "Just because we both have great taste, doesn't mean we can't be friends. Whatever else happens, happens."

Liz returned the smile. "Deal. I just realized why I like you so much Hollie. You're a lot like Todd in girl form. And," she continued, "we're still on for tomorrow night."

"I'll have to ponder the girl Todd comment, but it's a date," Hollie replied with a grin.

Chapter 12

The following morning, the girls were still in a bit of a daze. The events of the night before seemed so surreal, like one really bad horror flick. The first thing Liz did was call up Todd at the hospital. The nurse informed her that he was still asleep, but that visitors were welcome. Tears stung her eyes as she thought of him, battered and bruised. It made her heat ache knowing that if she had done something differently, perhaps things wouldn't have ended up like this.

Mary hugged her as she shuffled out of the bedroom, looking pale and worried. "Hey sweetie. He'll be fine, he's a tough cookie."

Liz smiled and hugged her back. "I know, I just want to see him."

Hollie emerged from the bathroom, wrapped in a towel. "Your turn! If you hurry we can grab some breakfast and then take Todd some real food."

Mary grinned and glanced at Liz, "Hurry up and we'll all drive over to see him, okay? We'll swing by your place for the car too."

"What about the police?"

"We'll get to that too. First things first, we take care of you two and Todd. Fuck everyone else."

Liz giggled softly and nodded, "Okay, 15 minutes. Got some clothes I can borrow?"

"Sure thing chick, I'll get you something."

Liz stood under the hot spray and lathered herself up in a hurry. She was anxious to see Todd and see for herself how he was doing. And while she worried about him, she always wondered how much of that internet feed had been seen and by who. Allen had taken out the power, but not before some things had been done and while Hollie had been exposed to a degree, Liz had been bare for all to see.

She felt sick thinking about it. How was she supposed to go about her daily routine after this? Already she dreaded even going back to their place. Nothing was comforting anymore. With a deep sigh, she finished up and dried off. Mary had slipped in a pair of jeans and a long sleeved college shirt to put on, as well as a pair of panties that were too sexy to be considered an every day pair, but then again, Mary only wore the best.

Towel drying her hair, she scrunched it into soft curls and slipped the clothes on. The gang was waiting for her in the living room. Everyone looking anxious and forcing on smiles. "Ready?"

Liz nodded, "Yeah, lets hit it."

Ben had a lab that morning that he couldn't miss. So, the three girls were on their own to visit Todd.

"Brain cramp," Mary said as they approached her car. "I forgot that we left Todd's car at the hospital. That'll save us a trip over to your apartment, Liz. How does everyone feel about Cracker Barrel for breakfast?"

"Sounds good," Hollie said.

"Works for me," Liz added, inwardly happy to avoid her apartment for a while longer, but the camaraderie among her and her two friends was making her feel somewhat better. On the way there, she even felt comfortable enough to make a joke. "Mary, I owe you an apology. Maybe I should have gone home with you two last night after all. Then all this stuff may have blown over."

Mary laughed. "Offer still stands, babe."

Hollie was confused. "I don't get it. We did go home with them."

"Oh, I propositioned little Lizzy last night," said Mary, "but she shot me down."

"Yeah," Liz continued absentmindedly as she thought about Todd. "Isn't that ironic. Turning you down only to have my first experience be on the net for god knows who all to see. Oh shit! Did I just say that out loud? Sorry Hollie"

"Fuck yes you said it out loud, Liz," Mary exclaimed."Is that what those assholes made you guys do?"

"Yep," Hollie confirmed. "I don't so much mind talking about it since its just us here. It could have been a lot worse, but I guess we're kinda porn stars now."

Liz blushed. "Hollie did all she could to make it bearable, though. Thanks again sweetie. I just wish I knew what all got out before the power went off."

"Well," Mary said thoughtfully, " I am a computer science major, and I doubt those neanderthals were all that tech savvy. I could probably find out more about what all there is to it. Is that equipment still there."

"I don't know. Maybe. Do you know, Hollie."

"No, I wasn't paying attention to what the police were taking."

"OK, let's eat and check on Todd," Mary suggested. "After that, we can go over there and see what there is to work with."

***

Breakfast was good, but Liz found herself picking at it more than eating. Her stomach was still rolling with nerves, stress coming from all directions. Still, with the girls urging her, she managed to put down a pancake and took the rest in a to-go box. They ordered Todd a platter of food and swung by a store to grab a box of his favorite cereal as a pick me up.

The ride to the hospital was fairly quiet as each girl contemplated what had to be done: from the invasion, to the police, to their romantic interests. Mary spoke the most, always helpful, but not quite as bogged down with 'stuff.' The three entered the hospital bearing the gifts, odd as they were. "I hate hospitals." Hollie complained. "They always smell funky."

Liz nodded, "Most people hate hospitals, but at least we're not the ones stuck here."

Silence followed as they reached Todd's room and knocked gently. "I'm ready for my sponge bath!" Came a smart ass remark and all three broke into grins.

"Well I don't know about Mary, but Hollie and I might take you up on that." Liz teased back, walking into the room with their friends in tow. Her smile was short lived however after taking a good look at his bruised and swollen face. "Jesus....."

Mary came forward and smiled, "Hey handsome. Not so bad considering. Ben told me you whooped some wicked ass." She placed a tiny kiss on the top of his head and placed his breakfast on a rolling tray. Liz fell silent, finding it almost hard to breathe seeing him so beat up.

He smiled despite the pain and patted the bed next to him. Hollie went around one side and took his hand, giving it a little squeeze, "We got you some cereal and some real breakfast for now. Figured jello wouldn't cut it for long."

"Thank you Jesus. Real food. Marry me," Todd said with a contented smile as he devoured a biscuit.

"Which one of us," Hollie replied with a laugh.

"All of you," Todd grinned. " I watched Big Love on HBO earlier. I'm down with the polygamy if you are."

"Well I'm spoken for, big boy, " Mary said. "You'll have to settle for your second and third choices."

"So which one is which, Todd?" Liz asked with a wink.

"I just think I realized the problem with multiple wives, " He chuckled. "There's no right answer to that question."

Everyone laughed, but secretly Liz wished it was all that simple. It would at least take care of all these sudden romance issues. The girls let Todd finish his food and poured him a bowl of Captain Crunch for dessert.

"Ahhh, food of the gods," he said. "I feel better already."

"All kidding aside, Todd." Liz asked, "how are you feeling.?"

"Not bad, considering. The pain meds are nice. I still have to go through some tests on the boys later on. Trust me, they look awful."

"That doesn't sound fun," Hollie winced.

"Nope, but have to make sure they still work."

"Oh my God! Really?"Liz exclaimed.

"No babe. I'm mostly kidding. The doctor doesn't think there will be any permanent damage. It's pretty much a precaution."

"That's good," Liz replied. "I'd feel horrible if you were hurt that bad because of me."

"Especially there," Hollie grinned.

"Hollie! That's not what I meant." Liz blushed beet red.

Everyone shared another laugh, but where soon interrupted by the arrival of a police officer. "Excuse me, he said. "I need to ask some questions to the gentleman."

"Wrong room, then" Mary joked. "Just kidding. We'll get out of your way." The girls all hugged Todd carefully.

"Come back and see me tomorrow," he said, "and bring more food."

"Will do," Liz said with a smile.

"Anything for our knight in shining bandages." Hollie added.

They stood outside the room for a minute, Liz shoving her hands into her pockets. "I'll take his car and meet you guys at the apartment?"

"I'll go with." Hollie chirped, "We need to have a little girl talk anyway."

"We do?" Liz looked at Mary and then back at Hollie who hooked an arm around hers and tugged.

"We do...now lets go."

Liz groaned, not wanting to deal with this, but reluctantly went with her. She took a deep breath as she slid into the drivers seat and fished for the extra key hidden under the seat. Hollie buckled up and gazed at her a moment before she fumbled with the ignition and started up the car. "He'll be okay. I'm sure of it Liz."

Liz gripped the steering wheel and nodded, "Yeah. I know, he's a tough nut, and even though his balls aren't steel, I'm sure that everything will work just fine again once the swelling goes down."

Hollie twisted in her seat and looked at her. "We need to talk. Look, I like Todd, a lot. But you love him. Okay, not just love, you're in love with him, aren't you?"

Liz blew out a sharp breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Yes, no, I don't know. I don't know anything anymore. I just want everything to go back to normal. I'm scared to death our friendship is going to get ruined and if he doesn't feel the same, it'll just make things awkward. All kidding aside, I don't think I could share. I don't know if I can be as open as Mary and Ben. I have no idea..."

"Wow, babe." Hollie smiled softly, "Okay, maybe this is bad timing."

Liz let out a shaky laugh and started to pull out behind Mary. "Lets just get this shit over with and put the asshole behind bars."

***

Todd's meds started to wear off as the officer continued to ask the same questions, just worded differently. No, Liz had never dated Kevin (he especially hated that implication). Yes, Kevin and his friends had assaulted him with no provocation. No, he wasn't exactly sure what had gone on with the girls behind the door, other than the things he had heard Kevin say and Liz's statement that they hadn't been sexually assaulted by the men there. He didn't know when Kevin and his goons had gotten there. He didn't know if they had broken in. He had injured Kevin, but it was self defense. Finally, as his head and genitals started to feel as if they were going to explode, a nurse broke up the interrogation.

"I'm sorry officer," she said," but he's scheduled for testing." The officer bowed out, but left Todd his card and orders to call the station and come in as soon as he was physically able. Todd breathed a sigh of relief, never happier to be poked and prodded by a doctor. Now, he just hoped that the reassurance he'd given the girls about the prognosis for his gonads was accurate. The nurse gave him some more pain medication, helped him out of bed and into a wheelchair, and wheeled him to the next lab.

***

Meanwhile, Liz and Hollie drove back to the apartment to meet Mary. After their short "girl talk" session, Hollie was worried. Liz seemed more stressed than she had been when they talked last night before and after they had gone to bed. So, Hollie had backed off till they met back up with Mary, pondering her friends situation. I don't blame her for not wanting to share Todd, Hollie thought. But, all this consternation and what iffing is going to drive her crazy. Especially on top of the stuff with Kevin. She needs to be able to talk to Todd, but he has his own issues and has to get well. Then, an interesting thought crossed Hollie's mind. She smiled to herself and started to put a plan together.

Back at the apartment, Liz let them all in. She lingered in the living room, not really wanting to deal with the mess while Mary made herself useful and ducked back into the bedroom to see if the computer was still there. It was and being that it was wireless, she brought it back out into the living room. Liz and Hollie were straightening things up again while she set up shop at the kitchen counter.

"So what are you thinking?" Liz asked, glancing over or just a moment as she pulled out Todd's clean clothes from the dryer and began folding them. She wanted things to be normal again and this was a normal as it was going to get for the time being.

"Who are you asking?" Mary inquired as her fingers flew across the keyboard.

"You. " Liz answered. "Can you tell anything?"

"I have a general idea," Mary said. "This may not be as big an issue as we thought it might be."

"'Really?" Hollie spoke up with excitement. "That sounds promising."

"Well, it is," Mary continued. "Not perfect but promising."

"What do you mean?" Liz asked.

"OK, it seems like the primary idea for them was to broadcast a show over webcam to a limited number of people. Probably the frat or the ball team, but I doubt it was all of them. While they did that, they were recording the show. That was probably what they were going to post all over the porn sites and send by email. I don't think that happened. If not, worst case scenario is that it got seen by some idiot fratboys. If those assholes were planning to get copies later, they probably weren't recording it for themselves."

"Well, I hate being a floor show, but that scenario sounds consistent with the crap I've heard about Kevin," Hollie said. "He likes people to know what he's done with girls, but I think he had more planned for us."

Liz shuddered. "That will always give me the creeps. So do you think there's any chance of damage control, Mary?"

"Maybe. After Kevin and his gang of assholes are in jail, his credibility should be shot. I'll need to watch the video to have any better ideas of what damage there is. I wasn't going to do that without asking you two."