Only Yours

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With Julia's kiss no longer numbing him, Thomas started to feel the stress in his body and he sat down on his bed.

Neither of them said or did anything for several seconds; they simply looked at each other.

Before Thomas could get his mind organized enough to formulate any words, Julia decided she wanted more and leaned in for another kiss. This one firmer than the first.

When they separated their lips again, only three words had been organized in Thomas' head.

"I love you."

Julia smiled when she heard those words. While she had heard them many times before, this time their meaning was so much stronger.

After yet another kiss she replied with the same words.

"I love you."

They went back to kissing and only broke contact to utter the same three words.

They heard Joan and William at the bottom of the stairs and, forgetting that they were adults, panicked. Like a teenager afraid of getting caught, Julia ran out of the room and hurried into the upstairs bathroom, locking the door behind her.

Thomas was still a little stunned from making out with the love of his life, so he barely managed to get under the covers and turn off the light before his parents reached his door.

"We're going to bed, sweetie. Sleep tight." His mother said from the doorway.

"Goodnight." Thomas replied, his pulse racing.

"'Night, son," came from William, standing behind Joan.

When Julia came back a little later she didn't enter Thomas' room. She knew he would need some rest and was not sure if she would have the will to leave if they went back to kissing.

She stood in the doorframe, smiling at Thomas, "We'll talk tomorrow. Sweet dreams... and thank you... it was the best birthday ever."

* * *

Chapter 14

Sunday morning Julia was awoken from a pleasant dream by Sophia sitting down on Julia's bed.

"Hey, wake up sleepy head." Sophia said, giving Julia a nudge.

"'Morning." Julia answered and rubbed her eyes.

"Don't 'Morning me, you didn't call yesterday. What happened? Did you tell him?"

Julia thought back on the previous evening and smiled.

Sophia was getting impatient, "Come on, get talking, did you chicken out again? Speak woman!"

Julia talked while Sophia's excitement grew. Sophia squealed, uh'ed, ah'ed and aw'ed throughout the story.

Sophia laughed when Julia told her how she had run out of the room when they heard Joan and William approach.

"I think he is allowed to have girls in his room, you know. You are adults." She said to Julia.

"I know, it was a reflex." Julia excused, "I'm kinda glad we didn't get caught making out though... I'd've been so embarrassed, besides, they would have made such a big deal out of it."

"Well, it kinda is a big deal, but I get your point." Sophia said, "So what are you gonna do now?"

"Haven't really thought that far ahead. Guess I should talk with him... what time is it?"

"A little after eight, why?" Sophia said.

"I should get over to take care of Tom, he must be getting up soon."

Sophia couldn't help teasing her cousin, "take care of, huh?"

"Remember to use protect..." she added, but was stopped by a pillow hitting her in the face.

* * *

Sophia followed Julia next door and after greeting Joan and William, who were sitting in the kitchen, they walked upstairs to Thomas' room.

Thomas was sitting in his bed watching TV when they came in.

"Rise and shine, lover boy!" Sophia exclaimed and made kissing sounds, taking pleasure in teasing Thomas.

"You told her already?" He asked Julia, more surprised than mad.

"Had to, she woke me up and demanded I tell her." Julia answered as she walked to Thomas' bed and grabbed one of his hands in hers.

"Wait, how did she know there was anything to tell?" Tom asked with a slightly confused expression.

"I'll tell you later, let's get you fed first," Julia said, "do you think you can handle the stairs? Would be a nice surprise for you parents to see you walk in."

"Lisa said that if I felt up to it and I had help, I should be well enough to take the stairs. As long as we are careful," Thomas answered, "but what do we tell them about last night?"

Julia cringed when she heard Lisa's name, but remembering the night before quickly soothed her jealousy. "Let's just hold off on telling them anything before we've had a chance to talk, okay?"

Julia held out her hand for Thomas to hold on to as he got out of the bed and when Sophia saw Thomas standing in front of her for the first time in months, she didn't tease. She hugged him and spoke softly, "I'm so proud of you."

* * *

"Look who's hungry," Sophia announced as she came into the kitchen.

Joan and William both looked up from their papers and were stunned when Thomas walked in, holding on to Julia for support. He was a little out of breath from the stairs.

"Good morning." He greeted his parents.

"Oh, honey! You're walking!" Joan said, stating the obvious like Julia had, and bolted from her chair to hug her son.

William was speechless and settled for just the hug.

Joan ordered Sophia to go fetch Julia's mother. Elizabeth also felt the urge to state the obvious when she saw Thomas.

* * *

"About the kiss... well, kisses," Julia started when she was finally able to get some time alone with Thomas.

Julia took a deep breath and started ranting. She talked fast, not giving Thomas a change to get a single word in.

"The thing is, that ever since the accident I have been getting these feelings, and I mean, I have always loved you, you know, but in a different way, but lately I haven't been able to stop thinking about you all the time, and then last night, when you asked me to dance and you walked for like the first time in forever.

"And I know it was just meant as like a birthday dance or whatever, but it was just so romantic, with the light and the music.

"Besides, I was already planning on telling you, but I just couldn't stop myself, I just had to kiss you, and I know that a kiss doesn't have to mean anything, but it felt so good, and then I just couldn't not kiss you again.

"I'd been dreaming of it for so long, you have no idea how it feels to be in love with someone that you see every day and not be able to kiss him, or tell him how you feel.

"And I don't wanna lose you as a friend, especially with what you've done for me, I mean, you just let me stay with you without even hesitating and I don't know what I would have done without you.

"Especially when Dad got sick and you talked to me all the time and it's like you knew how much I missed you and needed you and you did everything for me... you even quit your job.

"And I know that you were hurting too about Dad, but you were still always there for me.

"Even after the funeral when I yelled at you, you... you saved my life.

"I was so scared when you wouldn't answer me, and then with the coma... you have no idea how relieved I was when you finally woke up.

"So what if I fell in love with you, no one has ever been there for me like you have.

"It hurts so much inside sometimes, like when I bathe you and I see your scars, they just keep reminding me of what you did for me.

"I know it's stupid to fall in love with your best friend, it could ruin everything and I don't wanna lose you, ever.

"I tried to talk myself out of it, but you were so perfect and sweet.

"Sophia told me so many times to be careful, or to try and get over it, but I just can't. And then I saw how much fun you were having with Lisa and I just about went crazy.

"I wanted to tell you so many times, but I was scared, and then when you said you didn't want to watch a movie with me last night, I lost it and thought that I had to tell you.

"I was going to tell you how I felt, how I feel, but then you asked me to dance and you held me tight and it felt so nice to be dancing with you again, and be so close to you that I couldn't even speak.

"And then I just couldn't help myself... and the kiss, it was so soft and sweet and perfect. I know you said you loved me but if you didn't mean it that way I understand, though I hope not.

"And I never want anything to come between us, so if you just wanna forget it ever happened, then fine...

"Why haven't you said anything?"

Julia was a little out of breath when she was finished and stood looking at Thomas expectantly.

Thomas waited a second before he was confident Julia was done before he responded. Thomas had a lot less words to say.

"I fell in love with you months ago. I love you so much."

The joy in Julia's eyes grew and she walked over to Thomas. She put her hands on his chins and drew him in for a kiss.

The kiss was deep and long, flowing into another kiss and another after that. Their tongues teased each other's lips as they kissed and both Tom and Julia moaned with pleasure.

"Months, huh?" Julia asked when they separated. She was much calmer and couldn't help grinning, not unlike Thomas.

"Yeah... it started after we saw A Walk to Remember... the first time." Thomas explained.

Julia was surprised, "Really?! Why didn't you say anything?"

"Same reason as you, I guess. And also, you were just getting over Jack, you needed a friend." Thomas answered.

Julia hugged Thomas for being such a good friend, she was amazed that he was able to hold it in for so long; she had been in love with him for just a couple of months and she could barely stand it.

"How did you hold it in for so long? I mean, I was going crazy after a month... and I had Sophia to talk to."

"Well, I talked to John... and I'm not sure if I really held it in as you said... you have no idea how many times I told you I loved you on the phone after you'd fallen asleep." Thomas said, "also, I didn't hide it all that well, your dad caught me staring at you once and figured it out."

That got Julia wondering, "Does that mean anybody else knows?"

"No, he told me he hadn't said anything." Thomas answered.

"Do you think we should tell them?" Julia asked.

"I don't know, it might be better to wait a little before we tell them anything. We can always tell them later, but we can't un-tell them." Thomas said.

Julia agreed, "Yeah. It would also break their hearts if it doesn't work out, so let's wait."

"Yeah."

Julia thought about how their parents might react if they found out and asked, "I don't think they would have any problem with us being in love though. You are a much better man than Jack was and they didn't seem to mind him.

"What did my dad say to you?"

Thomas thought back trying to see if he could remember the exact words, but had to settle for generalities, "Well, he said he was happy that someone like me cared so much for his little girl. At least he was happy that there would be someone to care for you if he died, he made me promise to look after you and you mother, Dad too.

"Though lately it seems you have been taking care of me."

"Anytime," Julia said as she took hold of Thomas' hand, "when I needed you, you were there for me, so of course I will be there for you."

They kissed deeply again, the sensation still bringing flutters in each of their stomachs.

They talked to Sophia about what they had decided and she agreed to keep their secret. Sophia also thought it best to keep it a secret until they knew more, but when she said that if it didn't work out their parents would never have to know, both Thomas and Julia objected at the same time.

While they didn't want their parents to get their hopes up or to put extra pressure on the new couple, neither Thomas nor Julia had any desire to lie to their parents or keep it secret forever, no matter how it ended.

Thomas and Julia had no doubt about their feelings for each other, but they were still uneasy about their new ways of expressing the love they both felt.

They kissed each other deeply and often, though only when no one was in sight, but that was as far as they went at first.

* * *

Chapter 15

Joan and William were, of course, ecstatic about Thomas' progress and decided that celebrations were in order. The Friday after Julia's birthday, they held a small party at the house.

Aside from Joan, William, Elizabeth, Julia and Thomas, both Ben and Sophia were there, as well as both Thomas' physical therapists Toby and Lisa. A few of Thomas' friends were there as well as some of Julia's.

"Nice to see you up and walking," said John, Thomas' former colleague.

"Nice to be up, I was going crazy being in bed all the time."

That provided John with a way to bring up another subject, without just asking out of the blue.

"Speaking of going crazy... how are you doing with your little crush?" John asked, giving a quick glance towards Julia across the room.

Thomas was not sure how much he should say, the relationship was supposed to remain secret for the time being.

"Eh, well it was awkward at first, especially the sponge baths..." Thomas started.

"I can imagine," John interjected.

"But after she kissed me last week and told me she loved me, I guess things have been getting better," Thomas whispered, even though no one was close enough to hear him had he spoken normally.

John was stunned for a second before his face turned into a grin.

"Don't tell anyone though, we are keeping it a secret for now... and wipe that smirk off your face." Thomas warned.

John kept smiling, "Hey, I'm just happy for you, though I do think we might be celebrating the wrong thing here," he gestured to the cake with the writing Congratulations on your first steps Thomas! "but I'll keep my mouth shut."

Thomas thanked him and quickly changed the subject when his father came over.

"So, John, it was nice of you to travel all the way here for this, it's nice to know my boy made some good friends. How are you holding up without having Tom around?" William said.

"Well sir, the company will survive, but the ladies in the office are heartbroken." John answered.

"Really? Well perhaps you should hurry back then, son. Besides, chicks dig scars, so maybe now you could find yourself a girlfriend." William said.

Thomas became a little nervous when his father mentioned him getting a girlfriend, while John suppressed a small laugh at the irony.

John decided to tease Tom a little, "Yeah, I bet Christine wouldn't mind a little attention from you, Tom."

"Christine?" William said, intrigued.

"Very funny. Don't pay any attention to him, Dad. Christine is over fifty, and she's married." Thomas said, giving a hard glance to John.

The party went on. Thomas and Julia kept away from each other in an attempt to keep their relationship a secret, though neither could keep their eyes from seeking the other out throughout the evening.

When some of the people started dancing, Thomas felt a strong desire to grab Julia's hand and pull her to the dancefloor. Julia had the same desire, but she too held back.

Thomas was conflicted when Lisa pulled him from his chair, but thought it would draw too much suspicion if he declined; had he know the jealousy it sparked in Julia when she saw the pretty physical therapist drag her patient to the dance floor, he would have faked a sore leg.

Julia knew that Thomas was in love with her, but she also knew that Lisa was interested in Thomas, so even though she had nothing to fear, jealousy crept in.

Lisa remarked when they had been dancing for a little while, "You are looking good there. You won't need me as a physical therapist much longer, but promise me you'll keep in touch; It would be nice to see you socially."

Thomas was starting to get the idea that Lisa might be interested in him, and after that song ended, he excused himself to go to the restroom.

When he came back, he stood in the kitchen and looked at the crowd.

His father came over to talk, "I think that Lisa might like you, Son. You should ask her out."

"I don't think so, Dad." Thomas replied, trying to deflect the conversation away from romance.

"Trust me, she's interested. And don't let the patient/therapist thing get in the way of love."

"I'm just not interested." Thomas answered hoping his father would let it go.

"Why not? She's pretty, and you seem to get along. Just think it over." William finished.

They both went back inside the living room, but when Lisa asked if he was up for another dance, he said his legs were tired and took a seat next to Toby and some other friends. Julia smiled when she saw Thomas turn down Lisa.

Near the end of the evening Julia sat with one of her friends from High-School, Sarah.

"Is something going on between you and Thomas?" Sarah asked.

Julia was shocked, fearing that their secret was already out, "What? No, what are you talking about?"

"It's just that you two were always so close, but you've hardly talked to him all night." Sarah clarified.

Sophia came to the rescue, "Don't worry, they spend way too much time together as it is."

"Yeah, they probably just ran out of stuff to say, there are only so many sentences in the English language." Sarah joked. They all laughed and Sophia steered the conversation away from Thomas and Julia.

Thomas got a similar shock when his mother asked him the same question Sarah had asked Julia, but he managed to avoid giving a definite answer and also managed to steer the conversation in a different direction.

* * *

The party was over and everybody had left. William and Joan were cleaning up in the living room while Julia helped Thomas up the stairs. He could have climbed it himself by then using the hand rails, but he appreciated the help; and it gave them some time to talk.

"This keeping it a secret stuff is a pain," he started, "You should have heard how Dad tried to push me to get a girlfriend."

"Really?" Julia asked from beneath his arm as they reached the top of the stairs.

"Yeah, first it was when John joked about the women in the office and then he suggested that I should ask out Lisa."

"She wishes," Julia said under her breath, but when Thomas asked her what she had said she decided to tell him about what Sarah had said instead.

Thomas made a single laugh when he heard what Sarah had said and spoke, "Mom said the same thing. I guess we are not as good at acting normal as we thought... do you think we should tell?"

"Not yet, besides, I kinda like this secret boyfriend thing." Julia said, "Just don't go dancing with Lisa again."

"You know I only have eyes for you." Thomas answered and kissed Julia deeply.

Thomas found some music on his computer and grabbed Julia's hand, "Now, I have been dying for this dance all night."

* * *

Monday Thomas found himself back in the hospital, though this time only for an X-ray and a check-up. Julia held his hand as they waited for the result, but more out of want, than for comfort.

The doctor was smiling when he said that Thomas was recovering nicely and as long as he took it slow and didn't over exert himself, he would not need any further treatment.

The doctor told him that he should stay away from running for a few months and should not start playing racquet ball until he was back to normal, but otherwise he could do what he normally would as long as he stopped if anything started hurting.

Julia and Thomas had a deep happy kiss when they reached the parking lot before going home.

* * *

Elizabeth, Joan and William were of course happy to hear what the doctor had said.

Elizabeth also had some news; she had decided to go back to work again and her dance school would kick it off with a dance that Friday.

1...7891011...13