Shades of Blue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anyway, it does reinforce in my mind the need to be discrete and extra careful. What it doesn't do is change how I have always felt about you. Just because what he said was, in a way, true.

In the way he meant it, it wasn't true. He was suggesting I was after a 'quick fuck', which was what he wanted. A quick conquest he could brag about later!

You know I am not after that! I love you and want to spend my life loving you, there is a big difference.

If you say we cannot make love because it is wrong, I will have to live with that, reluctantly it's true, but if that's how it has to be – that's how it has to be. But I will still love you."

I raised her hand and kissed it; "now you see how bad I really have got 'it' for you, I DO REALLY LOVE YOU!"

"OK! I have now thought of something else I think I need for tonight, so I have to pop out again. I won't be long, and I will sort out that booking before I go. Please don't worry Mum; nothing is going to happen unless we both want it to happen. I promise!"

I walked out of her bedroom feeling like a king. I was in love and the woman of my dreams loved me too. I didn't care what the rest of the world might think; my world was a wonderful place.

One phone call to the hotel was all that it took to sort out the sleeping arrangements.

I apologised that I had clicked on the wrong box on the web site when booking, and said I actually required a double room not a twin. The lady I spoke to assured me that this wasn't a problem and when I told her, a little white lie, that it was our first anniversary. She asked if I would like her to upgrade us to their 'Honeymoon Suite' (at no extra charge) which was available, and promised there would be (this time, for a small extra charge of course) flowers, a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates in the room. I do admit to a little smile when I asked if it was possible to have a box of 'After Eights' there as well, saying that my 'wife' (what a lovely word that is) had something of a 'thing' about after dinner mints.

I packed a few things for an overnight stay, so I would be ready to go when I got back. Then I slipped out to get what I had thought of, which would make tonight perfect. Mum, not knowing I had already got them, probably thought I was going to buy condoms, but I had something else in mind. It didn't take me long to find what I was looking for and within twenty minutes I was on my way home again.

Mum was still getting ready (Oh why does it take women so long to get ready?) and I fetched our cases down and loaded them in the car. Then I sat in the lounge, as nervous as a kitten, waiting for her to come downstairs.

At last she came down and I asked her if she had everything.

"I think so" she said.

"There is just one thing missing" I said; "come here." I took her hands in mine and standing, facing her I said:

"I, Paul Martin James, take thee Joanne Elizabeth Peters (her maiden name) to be my unlawful wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, keeping only unto you, for as long as we both shall live." (I may have got some of the words wrong but I think she got the general idea).

Then, onto the third finger of her left hand I slipped the wedding ring I had bought for her not half an hour before.

Mum was dumb-struck. She was crying so much that she couldn't speak and I just held her, kissing her tears away, laughing at her tears.

"What are you doing? When did you....? Where did ....? Why ...? Oh God! You can't do this!" she spluttered.

"Too late Anna, I have just done it. I just thought there was more one thing we needed to make tonight perfect, so I went for it. If we could have done that in church, I would have, but that isn't possible, so today, our lounge is our church, and I make these vows, to you, here and now, in our church.

I sprinkled a little confetti on her hair, just for effect and led her to the car.

Tonight was looking like it was going to be the start of something I had hoped for since I first started getting erections as a young boy, and incest though it may be, I was going to spend tonight, and hopefully many more nights, in the arms of the woman I love.

The confetti had been an afterthought, but it turned out to have been quite a good idea, because when we signed in at reception, a couple of pieces fell from her hair onto the desk. The receptionist spotted them, and as she was about to say something I put my finger to my lips, asking her not to. Our 'secret' must have been shared with the rest of the staff though, because everyone was especially attentive. A bottle of wine with our meal was provided, 'complements of the management' and when we returned to our room, there were fresh flowers in the bed to welcome us. When I paid the bill, the champagne, flowers and chocolates had not been charged for, and the manager personally escorted us to our car and wished us well.

**********

Who says being sneaky doesn't sometimes pay off?

In spite of the "names have been changed for the usual reasons" statement at the beginning, this story is a complete work of fiction.

The characters, like the events related, do not exist, and as far as I know have never existed.

(If you know different, and feel it is possible that some part of this story might have been based on your own life or experiences, it might, just possibly, be a good idea if you kept that to yourself.)