That's Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,703 Followers

"Nora, what exactly happened last night? I know we made love but what really happened between us?"

She poured me a cup of coffee and we sat down and talked.

"John, you're so different from my former husbands. You're kind, considerate, honest, and fun to be with. I felt a strong attraction to you especially after the first ballgame you took me to.

"You weren't out to just see if you could get a piece of ass. You really wanted to be with me. We became friends, good friends. I was sure you liked me by all your actions but you never even tried to kiss me."

"It's because I didn't want to take a chance on ruining our relationship. If I tried to kiss you and got rejected or disappointed you, our friendship would have changed. You're the best thing that has happen to me and I was afraid to lose you.

"I thought you might feel that way and that's why Lynn and I set up the whole hot tub thing. I wasn't sure how to approach you either. John, I don't know where this relationship is going to lead but I care for you so much.

"The time we spend together is the best part of my day. I want us to continue to be best friends and doing things together. The only commitment I ask of you is to be honest with me. If it doesn't seem to work out between us, I want you to tell me so."

"I need a commitment also," I said. "Nora, I'm somewhat jealous of other men."

"Yes, I saw that a number of times when men looked at me. Especially last night when I was dancing with another man. I won't be a hermit or not talk to other men. I will promise you that no other man will lay a hand on me. I'm a one man woman and I want that one man to be you. If you feel I'm over stepping the boundaries all I ask is that you tell me so."

"That sounds fair enough. Can I tell anyone that we are more than friends or do you want to keep it quiet and between us?" I asked.

"In case you haven't noticed, everyone already knows. I would ask that you keep our bedroom antics to just between you and me."

"Are you saying we will be doing it again?" I was smiling.

"Don't let this go to your head but I can't remember the last time I came so hard and so many times. Whether you know it or not, you are quite the lover."

It was Sunday and I had to go see one of the kids today. Nora said she was going out for her morning jog and to lock up after I got dressed. She would see me the following morning for our usual walk. She gave me a light kiss and headed out the door.

I was headed over to Justin's house today for dinner. I have to admit that Mary and I did a great job with our kids. I've always felt welcome to their houses

"Hi Dad, my daughter in law Amber said to me. You sure seem happy today."

"That's Life! As Old Frankie would say." I started to sing part of his song.

" I've been a puppet, a pauper, A pirate, a poet, A pawn and a king,

I've been up and down and over and out, And I know one thing"

Amber was laughing. "Ok Dad, I know that's your favorite song and you're in a good mood. I'm glad to see that. We're grilling steaks today. Justin is outside doing the cooking. Julie and her family will be here today also."

I went outside and said hi to my son. About that time Julie and her family arrived. We were having a good time and Amber asked me how it was going at my new place.

"Going great, I've met some new friends and have been going different places. I do a few plumbing jobs every week and keep busy. I belong to card club and play most every Tuesday and I've been walking with a friend three mornings a week."

"That's so great to hear Dad," said Julie." "You seem happy and deserve a good life. By the way, we are having a big cookout next Sunday at my house. The whole family is going to be there."

"Can I bring a friend?" I asked. "She's my walking partner and we go places together."

"You're dating, Dad?"

"Yes, I have a friend who lives in the condo neighborhood. Her name is Nora and she's a widow. I want you all to meet her."

"Sounds serious dad, how long have you known her?" asked Justin.

"What are you guys going to do, grill me now? Look, I met her months ago. We go to events together on the association bus trips. It's better than going alone. We've become good friends and I want to introduce her to my family."

"Why haven't you told us about her before, Dad?" asked Julie.

"For just this reason. I don't like answering questions. You can ask her all the questions you want next week, if she comes. We are just good friends."

"Sorry Dad, said Julie. "Of course she can come. It was just a surprise to here you were dating. We all want you to be happy."

****

On Monday morning while we took our morning walk I told Nora about the family event at my kids house on Sunday and asked her if she would like to come.

"I should tell you that I have never brought a woman to meet my family. They will probably ask you a thousand questions. They are good kids but I guess protective of me."

Nora smiled: "I'd love to go with you. Is there anything I should know before talking with them?"

"I just told them we walk together and have been on bus tours together. I didn't tell them we made love." Nora gave me that beautiful smile.

"I hope not but they probably figured that out already seeing you asked me over. We're not kids anymore and I know your kids could figure out the rest. What should we bring?"

"What do you mean? It's a cookout, the kids do the cooking."

"That's because all you know how to cook is spam and eggs. They wouldn't want that at a cookout. When you talk to your daughter tell her we'll bring Sweet Potatoes and I'll make some kind of Jell-O salad."

I didn't say anymore on the topic because what would I say. I did call Julie and told her what Nora said we were bringing.

"That would be great Dad, please thank her for me. I can't wait to meet her."

On Wednesday evening I had a plumbing job three doors down from Nora's place. It was early evening and I figured she would be done with her hair appointments for that day so I thought I'd stop and see her. I figured I'd just walk since it was only three doors down.

I put my stuff in the truck and walked to her house. Right when I got in front of her house I could see the door was open. Just inside the door was Nora hugging a man who was dressed in a suit. She was smiling and looked very happy.

The first thing I got was flashbacks from when I caught Mary. I wanted to turn around and leave but this time I decided to see it through. As I started up her walk, Nora smiled at me. I really didn't get it. I just caught her hugging this man.

"John, what are you doing here?" She said as she let go of her friend and they both looked at me.

Before I could reply with, "What the hell are you doing?" Nora said,

"John, I want you to meet another special man in my life. This is my brother Max. He stopped by to get his hair cut. He travels a lot and I don't get to see him much.

"Max, this is John my really good friend."

"Glad to meet you John." He held out his hand to shake.

After recovering from my evil thoughts, I told him it was nice to meet him too.

"So, what brings you here John?" asked Nora.

"I had a repair job a couple of houses down and thought I would stop by for a few minutes."

"I wish I could stay and talk but I have to get ready for another trip. John, it was nice meeting you. You take care of my little sister, she deserves a good life." he said, smiling.

"Sweetheart, you seem so happy, I love seeing you this way. You take care now." She hugged him again and gave him a light kiss.

As he left Nora told me I should probably move my truck into her drive. I went and got it and parked it in her drive. When I walked in the door I was met with a really big kiss.

"John, I saw the look on your face when you saw me hugging Max. I want you to know that I would never do anything behind your back to hurt you. Never!"

"Nora, I want to see you more often. Maybe dinner twice a week or we can watch TV together. I know we see each other three mornings a week and are together on Saturday but I want to see more of you."

"I would like to see you more too John. What about Monday and Thursday nights. We can have dinner here or go out and eat. We can rent movies or just watch TV. You already have card club on Tuesday and I have ladies card club on Wednesday. Friday is the day I spend with my sister, we have Saturday together and you see your family on Sunday."

"Sounds great. I'll come by around six tomorrow," I replied. We'll go to that little diner and then rent a movie." I kissed her goodnight and headed home for some spam and eggs. She had card club.

The next evening after we went to the diner I asked her what movie she wanted to see. I liked action thrillers and she like romance stories. We decided that we would get a comedy. We headed back to her place and she said she was going to put on something more comfortable.

When I saw her in those baby doll pajamas we didn't see much of the movie. We were sitting on the couch and she put her legs on my lap. I kept staring at her and she asked me if I liked the movie. I started rubbing her legs. When I got my hand on her thigh we both knew we wouldn't be watching the movie. We started making love right there on the couch.

I slid off her bottoms and started fingering her. She was already wet. I removed my pants and she gave me a lap dance only neither of us had pants on. God, I loved the way she kept moving her hips. All I had to do is push forward and she did the rest. While I was buried in her, I removed her top and suckled her breasts.

I know we are older but we were like two teenagers making out on the sofa. As I said before, one good point about being older is that I could last a lot longer. I had both of my hands under her ass and pulled her in tight to me and came. I felt my cock pulsating in her. She pushed down hard until she reached a climax.

We sat there that way for a few minutes until she started to get a cramp in her leg. We couldn't help but laugh even though she was hurting as she got off of me and lay on the couch. I put her leg on my shoulder and kept rubbing her leg till the cramp subsided. All the time staring at her wet glistening pussy. Damn she was quite the woman.

"I guess I'm not as young as I used to be," she said smiling.

"Nora, I think you know I'm falling in love with you. I just wanted you to know."

"I know John, I feel the same way about you."

We kissed, cuddled up without pants on and finished watching the comedy. I kept fingering her during the movie. She did slap my hand but I knew she loved it.

Chapter 3 Meeting the kids.

I picked up Nora and we headed over to Julie's place. Nora brought her covered dishes. She really looked nice, but she always did. As we pulled up to the house some of the younger grandkids came running out to the car.

"Hi Grandpa," said Ashley. She had just turned four. After she gave me a hug and a kiss she looked at Nora. "Are you my new Grandma?" she asked.

Nora smiled at Ashley. "No Sweetheart, I'm just a good friend of your grandpa's. You can call me Nora if you like."

"Your pretty Nora," Ashley took Nora by the hand and walked with her to the back yard. I reached in the car and brought the food.

I could tell Julie was surprised when she first saw Nora. I think she expected to see a much older woman. She was however nice to her and introduced her to everyone as my friend. I received kind of an odd look from Julie but she still welcomed me to the party.

My son Jordan came up to me and asked me a few questions about Nora. "Dad, she seems really nice and no question she looks good but she seems fairly young. Is she a girlfriend or just a friend?" Jordan was my very forward son. He never beat around the bush.

"Yes, she is beautiful, very nice and is my girlfriend. I care for her a lot. She is older than she looks because she takes care of herself and exercises every day."

"To me she looks to be mid forties; how old is she dad?"

"Jordan, you can be a pain sometimes. Just so you know she's fifty-three."

"Damn, Dad, I hope Ellen looks that good when she's fifty-three." Right then Ellen walked up to me and looked over at Jordan.

"Hi Dad," she said to me and gave me a kiss. "Look like what when I'm fifty-three?" she asked Jordan.

"Dad's friend Nora is fifty-three. I just told dad I hoped we looked as good at fifty-three." He added the 'we' in there to keep out of trouble.

"She really seems nice Dad. I'm happy for you," replied Ellen.

All my kid's spouses called me dad. It made me feel good.

I figured I better go sit with Nora. She was sitting there with a half dozen kids asking her questions. That's the thing about young kids, they love attention from adults. Nora was smiling when I sat down and was telling me all the things my grandkids talked to her about.

Justin came over and gave Nora a wine cooler and me a beer. He had asked Nora a few minutes earlier if she would like something to drink. He always knew to just bring me a beer.

A couple of the older kids (pre-teen) came over and talked with Nora and me. They told us about playing ball and asked Nora if she would like to come and see them play.

Nora looked over at me, "Well it all depends on your grandpa. Let me talk with him and we'll see if we can make a couple of games." The kids were elated.

Julie yelled out to everyone that it was time to eat. It gave Nora and I a little reprieve and after we ate a time to talk. During the dinner everyone was asking Nora questions about where she lived, did she work and so on.

She was so nice and trying to answer their question. I will say the kids did ask in a nice way. Nora also had a way of reversing the conversation and asking the kids about their life and families. She was quite the woman.

The kids told Nora they loved her sweet potatoes and Jell-o dish. She told them that she loved to cook but being alone she didn't do it very often. "No fun cooking just for yourself," she said.

"Dad, did you hear her? She likes to cook and you like to eat. Sounds like a good combination. Nora, can you make spam and eggs? It's dad's favorite," said Justin. Of course everyone started laughing.

We took a walk after we ate and she asked me about seeing some of the grandkids games and other things at their school.

"John, I would be happy to go with you to different school events. I know we can't make everything since you have eighteen grandkids so far but we could set up a calendar and make some of the events."

"I've wanted to go to some of their events but since Mary died, but I hated always going alone and just stopped all together. I'd love to go especially with you at my side."

I know Nora missed her two grandkids who lived in Germany. It was like she was willing to adopt mine. When we got back to the picnic Nora explained to the children that she and I would come to some of their events. It was up to each one of them to give us a copy of their games schedule and other events like band and choir concerts.

She told them that there was no way we could make them all but we would see as many as possible on our free nights. They all ran to their mothers and asked for schedules of their events. We all knew that mothers always have a little calendar or in today's society an electronic book of some sort to keep track of their daily doings.

It was hectic with all the kids getting the schedules from their mothers. Nora realized all the commotion it caused and told the kids to go play and she would talk with their mothers and get their schedules. All the mom's really seemed relieved.

Nora sat with each one of my kids or daughter-in-laws and went over each kid's schedule. She put it in her own electronic device. She listed the date, child, event, and time. It would be up to her and I to sort out which ones we could attend.

The women were putting the food away and the guys couldn't help talking about Nora. "Dad, I'm really happy for you. All I ask is that you take it slow. I'd hate to see you get hurt," mentioned Jordan.

"How would I get hurt? We're friends, good friends. We go places together and even walk a few times a week."

"Dad, I think what Jordan means if that you've never dated since mom died over two years ago. Along comes a beautiful woman and you become attracted to her. We don't want you to get hurt," said Justin.

"Ok, I think I get what you guys are talking about. I really do care for Nora but believe me we're taking it slow. Right now we are just good friends, hopefully it could become more."

"Dad, financially we mean. We hope that she isn't just looking for someone to take care of her. She told us she was a hairdresser and I doubt if she makes all that much money part-time." I started laughing.

"What's so funny?" asked Justin. "There are a lot of women out there, good looking women who are out to get a man who has money."

"Justin, you're thinking like a banker. Let me clue you in on a big surprise. Nora's net worth is three or four times what mine is. She pays her own way half the time and sometimes for mine. She does hair because she enjoys it, just like I do the plumbing on the side."

"Sorry Dad, we didn't know. We've worried about you ever since mom's death. We should have realized that you're able to take care of yourself," replied Stuart.

"It's ok boys, I'm glad to know you're still worried about me but believe me I'm ok and Nora is one of the best things that happened to me in a long time. If our relationship doesn't last then it wasn't meant to be. Never be afraid to talk to me. I'm actually glad we had this conversation."

"Dad, I do want to say that I think Nora is one nice lady and very easy on the eyes," replied Jordan. All the other guys agreed.

Jordan smiled and asked, "Dad, how's your se..."

"Don't even go there," I laughed. "But it's great."

About that time all the women were back outside and we played yard games. On the way home Nora told me she loved my family and I told her they loved her too.

She did tell me I needed a blackberry or something to keep track of the grandkids events. I told her a blackberry is a fruit you eat. I'll buy a calendar and write the information on it. It made Nora laugh; I loved to see her happy.

We stopped at my place and she came in and took my calendar and transferred all the info my kids gave her to it.

"Nora you don't have to do this, you know, go to my grandkid's outings."

"John, I really want to. I really like the kids and you being there will make them so happy. Of course it will give me more time to be with you." She leaned over and gave me a kiss.

When we got it figured out we would be together Monday, Thursday, and Fridays to attend the kids games and events. Saturday was our day to do things together but if one of the kids had a doing we'd be there.

Over the next couple of months, life was good. We attended a lot of the kids games. I made my spam and eggs on Tuesday's and Wednesday, the nights I didn't see Nora. We both had our card clubs. We ate out most nights but at least once a week Nora cooked dinner. On top of all her other qualities the woman could really cook.

On the sexual side we made love on an average of once a week. I do have to say we did do a lot of cuddling and I rubbed her body rather often. I actually missed her when I wasn't with her.

On Sundays I still went to see my kids. Nora started seeing her sister on that day since we were always gone of Fridays. On special occasions we were always together.

Nora was always the topic of conversation when I went to the kids for dinner. On one occasion when Nora was with me at a family event, Stuart asked me how Nora chose to be with me.

"Son, that's something you'll have to ask Nora," I replied.

Nora came over and saw me smiling. "Ok, what's so funny?"

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,703 Followers