That's Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,703 Followers

"My son Stuart here wants to know why a gorgeous, wonderful, and pleasant woman like you would want to be with a guy like me."

"Dad, I didn't say it that way. It's just that.."

"I know son, I wonder the same thing."

"Ok, guys," said Nora. "Stuart, your dad is a wonderful caring man. He treats me with love, respect and dignity. He's also a very handsome man. You may not see him that way but believe me a lot of women do. I was drawn to him when I first saw him.

"We both lost spouses and he treated me with the utmost kindness and respect. Neither of us was on the rebound but we were basically alone. We bonded and became best friends. From there we became lovers." Nora laughed and gave me a kiss.

Stuart was almost lost for words. Having a woman especially one like Nora calling his sixty-two year old father her lover was almost too much.

"All I can say is Dad is one lucky man," said Stuart and walked away.

"Did you mean everything you said?" I asked Nora.

"Of course I did, especially the lover part." Nora smiled and kissed me again.

Julie saw us kissing and said, "Ok kids, maybe you two ought to get a room." We all laughed.

Time was going by and life couldn't be better. One day I stopped by to see Nora and she seemed sad. "What's the matter Honey?" I asked.

She handed me a letter. It said that the condo association met and she wouldn't be able to renew her lease. There was a lot of mumbo jumbo but they stated that Lessees had to be fifty-five. Of course Nora was going to still be fifty-three going on fifty-four when her lease ran out.

They did write a personal note and said they had nothing against Nora but if they changed the rules for her they would be opening a can of worms. However they would put her name on a waiting list after she turned fifty-five.

I told her not to worry that things would work out. I decide to attend the next meeting of the association. Nora went with me. I told them who I was.

"Mr. Mason, we know you're here on behalf of Nora Norman, but there is nothing we can do. I'm sorry but that is the way it is."

"Sir, I understand your ruling and have no problem with it." Nora looked at me surprised. "The reason I'm here is to ask if I can change condos in the middle of my contract. I would like to lease Nora's condo. It's larger than mine and I like the location much better."

The council looked surprised but glanced through their rules and told me that yes, I could change condos but I would have to sign a new three year lease. Nora sat there quietly wondering what I was doing.

"Mr. Mason no one can live there with you who hasn't attained age fifty-five." He knew where I was going. Figuring I'd ask Nora to live with me.

"That's not quite true sir. According to my understanding, my wife does not have to be fifty-five. Am I correct on that issue?" I asked.

"Yes Mr. Mason that is true but you and Mrs. Norman aren't married."

"We will be by the time her lease runs out if she will have me." Nora looked at me and broke out in tears.

The council was smiling. They did like Nora but had to follow the rules. "In that case we will transfer the condo into your name when the lease runs out. Your present condo will need to be evacuated on said date.

"We hope congratulations are in order and of course we will need to see the marriage certificate."

Nora was still crying as we left the meeting. "Well, are you going to give me an answer? Will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?"

"I thought you said you would never marry again, John."

"It was before I got to know you. Life was lonely after Mary's death and I never thought I'd love another person. Then I met you. Nora, you are my life now. I know I have kids and grandkids and love them all but you are that very special person in my life and I want to be with you till the day I die."

"Don't speak of death. I want nothing more than to spend my life with you. I've never met a man as kind as you. I might also add I've never had a better lover. Everything I said to your son Stuart that day is true. I truly do love you and yes I'll marry you."

****

I called all the family and told them we were having a family cookout at the condo the following Sunday. No excuses, just be there. It was the first time that the whole family was at the condo at the same time. We had great food with Nora doing most of the cooking. The kids loved playing in the pool and getting in the hot tub.

It was time for my announcement. "Ok everyone I have something to say. Nora and I are getting married." The kids smiled.

"It's not a big surprise Dad," said Julie. "We knew it was going to happen but wondered when. We all love Nora and wish you two the best. So, when is this happening?

"It's got to be by the end of next month. It's when Nora's lease runs out. I know it might sound odd but we want a church wedding. You can get with Nora on any details. I'll rent the hall here for the reception. Nora and I contacted a local caterer and they are available. They just needed an approximate head count.

"We don't have time to send out invitations so invite whoever you kids think we should. Just let us know how many are coming. Nora will take care of her friends and family."

I knew the kids were happy for me and Nora. She said she would invite her brother, sisters and their families. Lynn had two married kids and two grandkids. Nora would invite her son but knew he wouldn't be there. She said her brother Max could give her away. Max was divorced but had a daughter and two grandkids also. They would try to make it. She said her other sister lived out of state and probably couldn't make it.

It was something how quickly the plan was coming together. We went to a small church and the pastor agreed to marry us. Date and time was now set. I went to the association and leased the club house for the wedding reception. While I was there I invited the committee to the wedding.

Nora said Max, Lynn and their families were all coming. She e-mailed her son Jason but never got a reply. I know she wanted to be on friendlier terms with her son. He just held her getting remarried so soon after his father's death against her.

I got his phone number and decided to call him when I was alone. At first he was a bit cold to me but I told him I had six kids of my own plus eighteen grandkids. I told him how much his mother loved him and how she was so sad at times when thinking about her grandkids and him.

I let him know about our upcoming marriage which was three weeks away. I told him I would like him to come and give his mother away.

"Mr. Mason," said Jason.

"Please call me John," I replied.

"Well, John, even though I would like to come I'm afraid we just don't have the money. I'm sorry."

"Jason, I really want you to be here. I would be willing to pay for the air fares and expenses while you're here. Your family can stay at my condo since I still would have it for another month. Your only other expenses would be whatever you spent while here."

He seemed a nice enough guy and said he wanted to talk with his wife and would get back to me the next day. He did call back and accepted my offer. He said neither his wife or kids had ever been to the United States. He also told me he really missed his mother and would be happy to be part of the wedding.

I did mention to him that I wanted to surprise Nora and we would meet him and his family at the airport. I telegraphed him five thousand dollars to make his reservations. I also figured he might want to rent a vehicle so he had something to drive during the week. I ordered one for him.

As time passed everything had fallen into place. Nora did tell me that she got an e-mail from her son. He told her that he missed her and loved her. He sent a family picture of his family and Nora copied it and put it in a frame.

She was so happy that he had at least written to her. She said he wished her the best. I did let a couple of my kids know that Jason was coming to the wedding. I also told Lynn and Max but told them to keep it a secret.

Two days before the wedding I asked Nora if she would ride to the airport with me. A friend was coming to the wedding and I wanted her to meet him. The nice part about Nora was she almost always went along with me. I don't know if we ever argued. I know we disagreed but we never raised our voices.

We went to the terminal and I got us a beverage to drink while waiting on the plane. Nora kept asking me questions about my friend.

"Honey, once you meet him, you'll love him as much as you do me," I said.

"I don't think that's even possible," laughed Nora.

The plane landed and as the passengers were getting off she saw her two grandkids. She recognized them from the photo that Jason had sent her.

"Oh my God, it's my babies!" Nora yelled out as her grandkids ran to her. She was crying but it was tears of joy. Then she saw her son Jason and his wife Gwen. Jason had tears in his eyes as he approached his mother.

Nora and Jason were hugging. She hugged Gwen and then she decided to introduce me. "Jason, Gwen, I want you to meet the other man in my life who I truly love."

"Jason, it's nice to finally meet you. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have you here," I said. Nora hugged her son again.

"Nora, they will be here for a week. You'll have plenty of time to get reacquainted. Right now they need to get their luggage and the rental car. They can follow us back to the condo."

Nora's grandkids, Jennifer and Raymond asked if they could ride back with us. Of course Nora wanted them with us too.

When we got back to the condo I took them to my place so they could get adjusted. I gave them a key and told them the place was theirs for the week. I would be spending the next two days with their Uncle Max and after that I would be with Nora.

We were up most of the night, Nora and her family were getting reacquainted. Lynn and her husband Dave came over also. For the next two days Nora, her son and his family talked.

Dave and Lynn stopped by Nora's condo for a few minutes. Lynn had let it slip out while we were talking that I gave Jason the money for the trip. She didn't know that I had never told Nora that I paid her son's way. Nora cried when she found out I had sent Jason the money for the trip.

She leaned over and told me how much she loved me and then kissed me.

****

At the wedding I introduced all my family to Jason and his family. They all got along great. The little church was full of family and friends. I took my place up front with Dave as my best man.

Two of my grandkids came down the aisle first. One as the ring bearer and the other was the flower girl. They were followed by Lynn as the Matron of honor.

The music started and everyone stood up. Coming down the aisle was the most beautiful woman in the world to me. She was in a light blue dress. She was on the arm of her son who was dressed in his uniform. I could see the tears on everyone's face as Nora came down the aisle with her son. They both had eyes full of tears as well.

The pastor asked, "Who gives this woman to this man".

Jason stood and said, "I give my mother to this man," and sat down.

After I had kissed the bride we all headed to the reception. It was so good to see how happy our families got along and all were happy for us. Nora had danced with every man there. I in turn danced with a goodly number of women.

We had a DJ and told him to have music for all ages. I told him just to make sure he had 'That's Life' by Frank Sinatra. When they played that song everyone got off the dance floor except for me and Nora. My family knew it was my favorite song.

While dancing with Nora I asked her what was her favorite song. She had told me before that she had a lot of favorites. "You'll hear it pretty soon. The DJ is playing it next.

Then I heard it start, it was Elvis singing, "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You."

I held her close and about a fourth of the way through the song we had everyone join us.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too,

For I can't help falling in love with you."

After the reception I went home with Nora. We made love most of the night. We started by cuddling and then we just took our time. I began kissing and massaging, every part of her body. I even took a Viagra for the first time in my life to make sure I would last the night.

I honestly couldn't get enough of her. I sucked and kissed her pussy till she came. I put her first and in turn I was treated to the hottest sex of my life. I have no idea how many times she came. I know I came twice but it must have been about an hour apart.

The next day we went over to see Jason. Nora said she wanted to talk to him. At the wedding he told her he had something he wanted to tell her but it could wait another day.

"Mom, I'm so sorry that I was so mad at you after dad's death. It was that you got married so soon and it was to a friend of dad's." said Jason.

"Honey, let me do my best to explain. After your father's death I was alone. You were in Germany and I was here alone. Your father didn't leave me with much money after paying off his debts and final expenses.

"His friend Rob would come in and get his hair cut. He asked me out to dinner and offered companionship. After a few months he asked me to marry him. You have to understand that I was alone and very vulnerable at the time. Rob treated me nice and I did like him so I said yes.

"Jason, I never cheated on your father with Rob or anyone else. You have to believe me."

"I do now Mom, but at the time all I remember is my dad was dead and you were dating his friend and then married him."

"I'm so sorry Honey, there's nothing I can do now to change that. Believe me I didn't do anything wrong unless it was getting married to soon after your father's death. What is it you wanted to tell me?"

"In six months my tour of duty will end. I can either reenlist in which case I can stay in Germany or transfer to the states but I can't relocate in this area. My other choice is not reenlist and move back to the states.

"Gwen and the kids said they would like to move here. That's one of the reasons we wanted to come for the wedding. I wanted to see if you would mind if we moved somewhere in the area."

"God, I would love for you to move back. I could see you and my grandkids all the time." Nora began to cry again.

"I talked with John's son Justin at the reception and he said he was a real estate agent and would do his best to find me a place we could afford. I'm an electronics expert and shouldn't have a problem finding a job. We don't have much savings. It pretty much takes my whole check to survive.

"If it wasn't for John, we couldn't have afforded to come to the wedding."

She looked over at me, I was just sitting there listening.

"Mom, we didn't want to take his money but he insisted. He said having us at the wedding was more important than the money. Didn't he tell you?"

"Yes, but not till after you arrived, that's the kind of man he is. He always puts me first. He knew there was nothing I wanted more than to have you at my wedding and your family part of my life."

"Mom, I know it's none of my business but how can you afford to live in these condos? I heard they were very expensive."

"There is something I want to tell you. Even though you hated Rob he was well insured. He was a partner in his firm and when he was killed in the plane crash the partners had to buy me out. I received a very large settlement.

"I talked with John and told him I wanted to do something special for you and your family."

"Special? Like what Mom?" asked Jason

"He suggested I put some money in an account for you. We went over this morning and opened a saving account for you. I deposited five hundred thousand dollars to the account this morning."

"What? You're giving me a half million dollars after the way I treated you." He started crying.

"Jason, you're my son and I love you, I always have. I also opened two college fund accounts for the kids. I put twenty-five thousand dollars in each account. Hopefully with interest they will have it for college when they are ready.

"So here is your credit card to the account. It should be good anywhere in the world. I hope you use it to buy a house here near me in the future."

I watched them hug and knew everything was going to be fine. About that time Gwen came in with the kids and said how much they liked the pool. Jason looked at Gwen and asked her if she would like to move to Ohio near his mother. That's when Nora and Gwen both started crying and the kids were happy as can be.

Epilogue:

It's been a year since the wedding. Nora and I couldn't be happier. We had to add her grandkids on our 'to see' events calendar. Jason and Gwen bought a house that Justin found for them. It was only two miles from where we live and just down the street from Julie and her family.

Jason and Gwen are now part of our extended family. My kids treat them like their brother and sister. Jason opened up his own electronics shop and is big in computer repair.

All my grandkids now call Nora grandma. She tells everyone that she has twenty grandkids. Looking at her they wondered how she did it. We still walk together most every day. Sometimes you might see us on bicycles.

We still go on our bus trips and in the evenings we cuddle on the couch. At least once every week or so we make love. If we want a really big night she hands me one of those little blue pills.

As Frank would say, "That's life."

*

Thank you for reading my story

Comments are welcome and appreciated

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,703 Followers