The Rhythm Method

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Charlotte didn't know whether to feel relief or anger and threw a half-hearted punch at his chest.

"You think I would leave you after last night? This is what you do to me," he said, taking her hand and placing it over the semi-hard cock that bulged in his jeans. He placed her other hand on his chest, over his heart. "And this too. You're mine now Charlie," he smirked at her.

"I don't like being called..." Ralph interrupted her complaint with a deep kiss.

"But I do," he stated as if it wasn't a point to be negotiated. "It suits you," he said softly, "It's pretty and feminine and sexy..." He ran a finger down her neck, following it with his lips and causing her to emit the soft purrs he adored. "You're mine now," he said softly into her ear. "Not the Charlotte everyone here knows, but the sex kitten I had last night, and this morning and this afternoon and tonight." He chuckled as she looked up at him. "Too much?"

She shook her head speechlessly and looked up into his eyes, and finally finding her voice, she whispered, "It sounds wonderful."

"Ahem." Brian feigned a cough to remind them he was still in the room. "Shall we go to lunch and blow everyone's socks off before you two disappear and blow... well... never mind. You know what I mean."

"I like the second suggestion better," Ralph grumbled, but followed Brian from the room, his arm still wrapped around Charlotte.

They walked into the large banquet room and found their team sitting at the table. Ralph was truly happy for the first time in a long while, and his whole demeanor changed as he laughed and joked with the group. Sam and Maggie both noticed the subtle little touches, and the way he and Charlotte now looked at each other. Sam worried for his friend. As much as he liked seeing the old Ralph emerge, he knew Charlotte was rebounding hard. How could she not be after almost being killed by her ex-boyfriend?

He leaned over to Ralph and whispered to him. "Do you know what you're doing?" Ralph gave him a questioning look. "She's on the rebound, and up until this week you hated her," Sam tried again.

"No," Ralph said in his familiar gruff tone, "But it's worth it. You have no idea..." He watched as Sam's surprised look flickered to Charlotte and back and gave him a self-satisfied smirk.

"You didn't, already?"

Ralph shrugged his giant shoulders and chuckled before turning to the stage, where Suzette was tapping the microphone. She introduced her new public relations team, and explained that they would judge the dance off. She then showed a short edited clip of the staff during the team building activities of the last week, highlighting the things Charlotte and Ralph had missed out on. There had been a fake wedding in which Sam and Maggie had been the bride and groom. Suzette and Frank appeared, riding horses through the vineyards. This was followed by various shots of the paired up teams during the week as they worked at various stations throughout the winery, and then the many lunches they had endured where the wines had been the stars of the meal.

People gasped as they realized just how many cameras had been set up during the team building week. There had always been security cameras, but no one had realized the details that could be captured as they worked day to day at the winery.

"As you leave today, you will all be asked to sign a waiver allowing your image to be used in our new advertising campaign," Suzette smiled. "Those of you appearing in the final cut will all be paid an added bonus, of course and invited to a special screening. I want you all to be proud of working here at Twisted Vines, and I hope to make this the first of many events where we can come together as a team to ensure this winery continues to flourish. We have big plans, and those of you who remain with us after this week will reap the benefits of that, along with Frank and I."

She looked around the room, and smiled, "Now for the finale. May the best team win!"

"We drew straws." Brian had come up behind Charlotte and Ralph, whispering softly. "I think Suzette may have rigged it, but we are on last. I'll signal you when its time."

They sat mesmerized, watching the other teams dance. "Oh god, they're so good," Charlotte whispered to Ralph.

"Yeah, but we can do this." Ralph squeezed her hand reassuringly, but felt his own nerves deep within his belly. He was determined not to let Charlotte down.

Their team cheered wildly as they took to the stage and moved to their starting positions. Ralph blocked out the rest of the room and anything else, aside from the rhythm of the music and Charlotte. He took the lead in a demanding way, dominating the scene they created in their dance. He caressed her leg as she wrapped it around his hip, lifting the dress higher to reveal the sexiness of the lingerie beneath it to all who watched.

She, in turn, followed him with star struck love in her eyes as her hands glided over his body and she pressed seductively up against him. Lost in their own world where they were the only two people in the room, the dance finished all too quickly. Panting from exertion, they kissed long and hard for all to see. Brian appeared, forcing his way between them and bringing them back to the real world. Taking a hand of each of them, he raised them above his head and took a bow, forcing them to bend with him.

"That was fucking amazing," Brian hissed through his smile. "It's in the bag!" he exclaimed, ushering them off stage and whispering threateningly. "Don't even think about disappearing now."

"Shit, Ralph. You weren't kidding. I had no fucking clue," Sam said, shaking his head in disbelief at what he just saw on stage. In fact, most people were looking at the couple. Charlotte became so self-conscious that she blushed a deep shade of pink and tried to hide by using a napkin to blot at her perspiring face.

"Did it just get hotter in here?" Suzette yelled into the microphone, and was answered with murmurs of assent. "Whew," she fanned herself dramatically. "Let's give all our contestants a big hand. The final winner will be revealed tonight, after you complete the final task of the weekend this afternoon. You may choose to leave the winery after dinner tonight. For those of you with family and loved ones who gave you up for the weekend, let me thank you now for your cooperation. I think everyone will agree it was time well spent."

"You will have noticed our numbers dwindled significantly over the last week. While we must still sort out where that leaves us, I would like to announce some immediate changes in staffing. Stuart?" She held out her hand, inviting him to the microphone.

"Managing Director," he chortled. "It will be a large task after the shake-up we've received this weekend, but I have watched and I'm certainly proud of how each and every one of you have come together as a team over the past week." He gave a small applause of his own to the people seated before him, who applauded along with him.

"My esteemed fellow winemaker, David Salsby, has decided to retire after his bout of ill health this year, and I am happy to announce that his position will be filled by Jack Warner." The table he sat at erupted in cheers for their teammate, and he stood and nodded his thanks to everyone.

"My position, of course, must be filled as well. It was a very difficult decision for the Prices and myself to make. In the end, though, one person rose above the others for his inventiveness and ingenuity, as well as his attention to detail. My sincere congratulations to Lincoln Hayes."

Charlotte applauded with everyone else, but she was so bitterly disappointed that she had not gotten one of the open positions she could have cried. She realized that with everything that had gone on with Jeff, she couldn't truly have expected them to overlook it, but she felt deflated. Ralph squeezed her hand under the table. He could imagine how she felt, being passed over for a promotion such as that.

Taking the mic back from Stuart, Suzette spoke again. "Could the dancers and the winemakers please stay a little longer? Everyone else, your final task is simple. Please enjoy the facilities until dinner tonight." She smiled at all of them like the gracious host she was. Jack had gotten up and was heading to the door with everyone else. "Jack Warner, where are you going?" Suzette laughed into the microphone. Jack looked around as if dazed. "You're a winemaker now," she said gently, and indicated the table at the front near the stage.

"I was eager to call home with the good news," he grinned. He moved back into the room and up to the table near the stage, pocketing his phone.

"Aren't you full of surprises, twinkle-toes," Frank greeted Ralph. "And you", he said, turning to Charlotte and eying her outfit, "were simply amazing." Returning his gaze to Ralph, he handed him a sheet of paper. "Sign this waiver, then let's go talk," Frank said excitedly. "I have some new ideas from the things we discussed this morning."

Suzette's assistant had begun handing out forms and explaining them to the dancers. Charlotte was barely listening, and she signed automatically, asking, "Can we go once we've signed this?"

"Sure sugar," Emily said and took the form from her, "Dinner's at six. Don't be late."

"You don't mind if I borrow the big guy for a little while do ya, Charlotte?" Frank asked.

"No, of course not. What you're planning sounds very exciting for everyone." She forced a smile to her face, but Ralph could see the frown underneath. "I'll see you before dinner. Come pick me up on your way down," she said cheerily, and turned away, leaving the room.

She heard Ralph call out to her, asking her to wait, but she just needed a quiet spot to sit and think. So much had happened this week. Her job had been her whole life before now. She had worked hard to make it here, to be accepted among the mostly male assistants and winemakers, and for what, she thought? She had put up with goddamned awful sex, and being treated like a token to hang off the arm of a spoiled rich kid, and for what? What the hell did she have to show for the last five years of her miserable life?

Charlotte went upstairs to her room and grabbed her purse, phone and car keys. She needed space to think to be alone. It was like everything crashed down on top her with that one announcement. She hadn't had time this weekend to consider what Jeff had actually done. She had let her crush on the strong, protective Ralph take over her senses. She had now lost a promotion she knew she never really had, but it felt as if it had been snatched away from her grasp. She had made it back downstairs and through the foyer and out onto the gravel path leading to the parking lot before she heard the footsteps racing to catch up with her.

Ignoring them, she made it all the way to her car, pressing the button to unlock the doors. She got in without turning back to see who it was. Putting the key in the ignition she jumped as the passenger's side door opened and Sam slid in.

"Where are we going?" he asked in his usual cheery manner.

"I need to get out of here." Charlotte leaned forward and rested her head on the steering wheel. "I just need to ... so much... too much..." The tears came as she finally broke down. Sam sat beside her, saying nothing and letting her cry. "I should...I should have gone home Friday," she sputtered between sobs. I should...have just walked away after... then there would have been no knife, no danger, no disappointments......no Ralph....I don't know what's happening any more... what am I supposed to do now?" Sam could just barely make out her words through her continued sobbing.

"So let's say you went home Friday," Sam said softly, handing her a package of tissues from her glove box. "Let's say that Jeff still got fired because it was going to happen regardless, and instead of accosting you at work where that big lug was there to tackle him he had gone to your home. He probably has a key right?" Sam's voice was gentle but he pulled no punches. "You and I both know how that would have ended." Charlotte turned her teary eyes to look at him as if the thought had never occurred to her.

"Now as for disappointments. Shit, you're better than old Dinky Linky in there, and we all know it. I reckon that crafty old Stuart Gresham has something planned for you, once you get over all this crap that has happened to you. No one blames you Charlotte. In fact everyone is amazed at how well you have coped, and for a small fee, this little breakdown you're having can stay between us." He winked at her, trying to lighten the mood.

"Why are you being so nice to me Sam," she sniffed. "You barely know me."

Sam became serious and turned in his seat to look directly at her. "Ralph is more than a friend to me. He's like my brother. We grew up together here in this small town. He is happier than I have seen him since his parents passed. Life shit on him from a great height, and not just once, but that's not my story to tell. He is head over fucking heels in love in for the first time since high school, and if you think I'm gonna let you go and do something as equally stupid as some of the other people in his life and hurt him, then you are very mistaken."

It wasn't a threat, it was fact. He took her hand and screwed up his face at the snot filled tissue she had balled there. "Look, for whatever reason he loves you. He fell hard and fast, and for whatever reason, you look to me like you have feelings for him too." He paused as she let out another sob and nodded at him.

"So to recap," Sam's cheery voice was back, "Staying on Friday was the best decision you've ever made! You're alive and you have someone who loves you. You're disappointed about the promotion, but you have bigger and better things are coming your way. I guarantee it. Plus, you will still get to see me when you come down to the cellar. I would understand your heartbreak if you had gotten the promotion and didn't come down as often." He saw her give him a half smile.

"Lastly, Charlotte, love is a many splendored thing, and it doesn't come around that often. If you don't grab it when you can you end up on your own, dispensing advice to the people lucky enough to find it. Like me!"

"Heaven forbid," she said as the tears finally subsided. "We only kissed for the first time this weekend. You actually think he loves me?"

"Well, I certainly never saw it coming, but yeah, I think he does. I think it scares him as much as it does you. He hasn't let anyone into his life for a long time," Sam sighed. "I'd really rather not see him hurt by you doing something stupid right now, so let's go back in and grab a drink or a naked sauna," he joked as he waggled his eyebrows at her, making her grin.

"I'm gonna tell him you said that," she said with a half laugh.

"Hey! What happens in the parking lot stays in the parking lot," he exclaimed, as he held his hands up in surrender.

"All right let's go have that... sauna then," she replied and got out of the car with a smile.

Sam did a double take and burst out laughing, "You know as well as I do my life wouldn't be worth living, for whatever short period of time Ralph let me live it!"

Strangely, she felt better for having gotten it out of her system. Sam was right. There would be other opportunities. They went into the castle and through to the bar that had been kept open for them. Maggie was behind the bar mixing a cocktail as they walked in.

"Honestly, the bar staff here sucks. Do you want one of these?" She asked, holding up a pretty pink drink.

"Sure," Charlotte agreed, but Sam ordered a beer. "I'm just gonna go powder my nose." She walked into the bathroom and was horrified by the mess her make-up was in. Fixing it up as best she could, she went back out to find Maggie and Sam at a table so she sat down with them.

"Here, pass this to Charlotte for me." Maggie held up one of the pink drinks to Sam, confused because it would have been easier for Maggie just to slide it across the table. Sam took it and passed it to Charlotte. "That's great," Maggie said as Charlotte took it. Now I can tell the big guy that Sam gave you kinky sex!" she said too loudly, her laughter ringing through the room.

"Yeah, that'll be great. Thanks Mags. They can write on my tombstone: DEATH BY KINKY SEX." Sam pretended to look around nervously.

"I guess you'll miss having Ralph down in the cellar with you," Charlotte said as she thought about him and where he was right then.

"They sacked Ralph?" Sam was ready to get up and rush out of the room. "No, he is just... being reassigned. It's not my story to tell," she said, poking her tongue out at him as she used his own words on him.

"You're a cruel woman, Charlotte." Sam glared at her, but finally let his smile break though, "That must mean a promotion. Well, good for him."

The potent cocktail had made Charlotte feel all warm inside, so she switched to water after that, fearing she would have to dance again. It was after five when Ralph appeared in the bar. Maggie drunkenly called out to him. "Ralph come over here. I need to tell you something!"

Ralph looked at her curiously and moved toward the table, his eyes on Charlotte who now looked relaxed if not happy. "Sam gave Charlotte kinky sex," she blurted, making Ralphs eyebrows rise in high peaks. "It's a drink get it? I made him pass it to her, so he gave her the kinky sex."

"Shouldn't someone have cut her off?" Ralph grumbled, walking around the table to Charlotte, leaning over and kissing her in front of Maggie's bulging eyes.

"I knew it! Sam didn't believe me but I knew it!" Maggie leaned forward and whispered conspiratorially, "Is he that big all over? You can tell me."

"And then some." Charlotte winked and laughed merrily.

"God damn." She eyed Ralph appraisingly. "Too bad you're so grouchy. We coulda had a good time."

"How about we go and shower together before dinner. I'm not nearly as grouchy as my friend here," interjected Sam, who waggled his eyebrows at Maggie. She turned her appraising eyes on him and his wide, teasing smile.

"Fuck. I gotta sober up. That actually sounded like a decent idea." Maggie sat back heavily in her chair. "Lucky we get the day off tomorrow. You guys were the shit! So hot, so sexy, lucky you were using the rhythm method up there!" She laughed hysterically at her own joke, "Get it? Dancing, rhythm, sex... oh you guys suck!" she said to their eye rolling expressions.

"I'll go get you some coffee Maggie," Charlotte offered.

"Good idea. Too much kinky sex is not always a good thing," Maggie slurred.

"I'll give you a hand," Ralph said, getting up, "Another beer Sam?"

"Sure, why not?"

Ralph walked over to stand behind Charlotte at the bar. He lowered his head to whisper hotly in her ear, "There is no such thing as too much kinky sex." His hand ran up her leg enjoying the feel of the stocking and garter.

"I'll have to take your word for that, Ralph Watson." She smiled, tilting her head up to him. "I let it slip that you wouldn't be going back to the cellars," she said quietly. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking, Well, I was thinking of you and not who I was talking to."

"It's fine. I was about to talk to him about it anyway," Ralph chuckled.

They returned to the table with coffee for Maggie and beers for the men. "You guys talk, I really need to fix my makeup before dinner. I'll be back in ten minutes or so." Charlotte picked up her phone and keys from the table and went to walk away, but Ralph reached out and grabbed her hand.

"Why do you have your keys?" There was obvious worry in his voice.

"I thought I had some different shoes in the car, but it turns out I didn't." She looked at Sam meaningfully before walking away.

"What was that all about?" Ralph asked, looking at his friend darkly.