The Very Best of Friends

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Melanie broke the kiss and lifted the shirt over Joanna's head smiling as she put up no resistance, giving in to what was happening between them. Leaning Joanna back against the arm of the couch and nibbled at her neck before straightening to remove her own shirt. She knelt on the couch straddling her friend before leaning back over her to take her mouth in another passionate kiss. Her excitement building, she caressed the big soft globes of flesh moving so that her own breasts rubbed against those her hands enjoyed.

Joanna felt the kisses become more intense and lifted her hands to Melanie's back caressing her lightly. Her eyes were closed, and she let herself be carried by the strange feelings of naughty pleasure she felt at what was happening between them.

Feeling Joanna's tentative, gentle caresses, Melanie moaned softly into the kiss and began to nibble down her neck again only she didn't stop there but continued onto her breasts. She had seen it done many times, read about sapphic love in hundreds of stories online recently and while she may not have ever held, caressed, kissed, or sucked on breasts before she knew what she liked and plan to find out what Joanna liked.

She licked the nipple blowing warm air on the wet and sensitive pink flesh watching it pucker and harden further before taking it into the warm cavern of her mouth and sucking it gently at first. Then hungry for more and encouraged by the small purring sounds Joanna was making she bit into it lightly and tugged letting her teeth scrape over the hardened nub before letting it go to bounce back against her chest. She lifted a hand to the wet nipple as she hungrily devoured the other giving it similar treatment.

With her secret fantasies coming true she lifted her head and grinned at Joanna as her hand worked to move beneath her and undo the skirt she wore and tugged it down her legs. She placed a hand between her thighs feeling Joanna's already wet underwear and smiled wider. Moving it to the side, she ran a finger the length of her slit and then lifted it to her lips. She locked eyes with Joanna and traced it over her lips before snaking her tongue out to lick at the essence of her lover. She then returned it to the wet pussy sliding the finger up and down the slit delving deeper each time and teasing at her sensitive clit before inserting the digit inside the wet hole seeking more of the gooey goodness.

Joanna held Melanie's eyes blushing deeply at her obvious arousal from of Melanie actions. She felt the fingers working on her and unable to hold the gaze any longer closed her eyes and moaned at the pleasure of feelings she gave her. The fingers left her momentarily as her panties were removed but they quickly returned and were joined by her mouth. Joanna sighed in pleasure lowering her hands to play with her lover's hair as she ate her so divinely.

Melanie continued with the theory that Joanna would like what she liked and began using all of the tricks she had ever had done to her over the years of being sexually active. She used her tongue teeth and lips in conjunction with her fingers to bring Joanna to the point of no return rapidly and couldn't believe how good she felt and tasted. She could stay between this woman's legs for hours and be happy. She grinned as Joanna's thighs shook with her impending orgasm.

"Oh God," Joanna groaned deeply clamping her legs on each side of Melanie's head and pulling her face closer as she rode a wave of intense pleasure that left her a quivering mess of tingling nerve endings. "Stop, please stop," she gasped after a while unable to take anymore and pulling Melanie's head away from her pussy.

Melanie climbed up her body, her face shiny with cum and grinned at Joanna leaning in to kiss her deeply and share the exquisite taste with her. Having enough of being the bottom and wanting to experience everything along with her friend and lover she urged Melanie to remove her jeans and underwear, helping her as best she could from her position before wriggling around until their positions were reversed.

She knelt up straddling Melanie's body and gazed down at her beautiful sexy friend. She gazed into the green eyes and saw a smile appear on the full lips. Surprisingly she blushed as Joanna took in the sight wondering why she had never considered her as a lover in the past. She was gorgeous, sexy, and she had loved her for over thirty years.

Joanna leaned forward and kissed her, before tracing the same path down her body that Melanie had done to her. She proceeded to trace her way down her breasts, over her stomach and further down to the legs that parted so eagerly for her. She kissed both thighs holding her legs open and not touching her yet seeing the tell-tale quivers she often experienced herself showing in the flesh there.

She breathed in the scent there, her barriers falling away as she snaked out a tongue to taste another woman. She let her tongue trace the lips of Melanie's pussy stopping now and then to push her tongue deeper and tease the clit. Then using her fingers to spread the lips she moved down to taste her inserting her tongue into the warm wet hole.

"Fuck!" Melanie yelled, and her hand moved down to rub her clit as Joanna's hands remained on her thighs.

"Let me," Joanna murmured grabbing Melanie's hand and moving it away. She went back to eating her friend and savouring the taste as her fingers began to rub over the clit stopping ever so often to pinch or smack it giving little bursts of pain making Melanie cry out and buck her hips for more. She pushed on finger into her lover's pussy moving her head up to the clit sucking it. She added and another finger as Melanie bucked and ground up against her face. She came hard coating Joanna's hand and tongue in cum. Joanna gently eased her back down to earth lapping at the cum like a kitten before squirming up over the sexy body and kissing her and offering her gooey fingers to taste.

Melanie grabbed Joanna's ass in both hands pushing against her body and grinding up against her pussy to pussy. "I know this sounds so wrong, but I wish I had a cock right now, so I could fuck you so hard and make you forget every man you've ever known," she said her voice heated, and lust filled.

"What you didn't bring your strap-on to seduce me with?" Joanna laughed.

"If I'd know you were so hot and delicious I would have done that a lot sooner and we would be fucking right now," Melanie said fervently.

"Listen to you getting all butch and dominant," she teased with a smile, liking the idea. "You can be in the Sydney Mardi Gras with the Dyke's on Bikes group!" She laughed. "The paparazzi will love that."

"Let's go to bed and I'll show you how much I love doing you," Melanie said in a husky voice still grinding up against her and gripping her ass tightly.

"You don't want to finish our wine first?" Joanna asked looking toward the coffee table.

"That wine doesn't taste half as good as you do," Melanie said pushing her up and standing up beside her. She picked up her wine glass and gulped it down. "Finished, now can we go to bed?" she said taking Joanna hand and pulling her in the direction of the bedroom.

"At least let me lock the doors and turn the lights off first," Joanna laughed.

"Fine but only because I have to pee," Melanie let her hand go and disappeared into the bedroom.

Joanna picked up the wine glasses finishing hers in a gulp as well. She was stunned at how easily she had fallen into bed so to speak with her best friend. She wondered if she had always had these feelings on some level. She certainly always loved and been attracted to Melanie but she was famous, she had thought everyone felt like that. They'd been at school in the eighties when being homosexual or lesbian was still reasonably taboo especially when the AIDS epidemic hit.

They'd been at a conservative private school where even talk of such things was seen as taboo, and talk of lemons and dykes was more common than lesbianism. The term lipstick lesbian hadn't even been invented back then. Had she and Melanie both repressed feelings or was it just that everything that had happened in her lives over the last decade had just led them to acknowledge that their long term friendship was better than any relationship they had ever maintained with the opposite sex. She was getting ahead of herself she realised but it had felt so good she hoped they wouldn't regret this in the morning.

Melanie came out of the bedroom again to find her and grabbed her kissing her aggressively. "I've decided you're right. I'm the butch one in this relationship. I want to be the top, and I want you to get into bed like I asked you to do five minutes ago," she said in a deeper husky version of her voice but smiled to soften the demand.

Joanna looked up into her green eyes and saw the heat and desire there and melted a little. Just like when Matt had been possessive and aggressive she found herself turned on by the need in Melanie's words and body language. She wanted this as much as Melanie did at that point, this was her best friend in the world, they had history and genuine love and now so much more.

"Yes, Ma'am," she giggled and teased Melanie knowing she was only half serious and happy for her to take the lead in this strange new relationship they were exploring.

*****

Melanie had needed to pack and do a few things the following day, so she had driven Joanna to the airport and warned her not to overthink everything too much. She'd managed to book a flight later that day and organise a room at the same hotel where Joanna was staying. She was conscious as always of the media and thought it best to have her own room just in case they found her in Cairns again and assumed she was staying with Harry, who she'd been seen kissing several months ago. Having a hotel booking and been seen there without him should allay all those rumours.

"I'll call you when I land," Melanie said. "We can order room service if you like unless Justin and Tom are available for dinner."

"Going up early was so spur of the moment I'm not even sure he knows yet. I sent him an email, but he hasn't responded," Joanna said checking her phone quickly before hopping out of the car and grabbing the one bag she was taking with her.

"God I'd love to kiss you right now," Melanie said pulling her close and embracing her. They'd talked about the media presence in Melanie's life and the need to keep everything between them private until they had worked out how they wanted to handle their relationship and telling those closest to them.

They'd talked a lot last night and this morning about what had pushed Melanie to make her move finally and what would happen next for them. Joanna had been surprised by Melanie's confession that she had been jealous of Joanna's interest in Matt, and that was why she had gone back to her place earlier than expected. She was glad that she had let it play out now, but she had been unhappy at the time.

Joanna wondered how she had jumped from one relationship straight into another. That wasn't the sort of person she was. In all honesty, she had been happy the last three years she had been alone. She realised she hadn't been alone, though; Mel had been there with her, loving her and supporting her as a friend. She tried to convince herself that Matt was an anomaly and that given time she and Melanie may have gone down this road regardless of her affair with him. But she knew it wasn't true in all likely hood they would have just continued as they were.

Melanie had also admitted that until now she had believed that if Michael ever tried to get her back that Joanna would forgive him and go back to the marriage. Seeing her turn down Michaels obvious advances and then not fall apart over Matt's childish behaviour had convinced her that she was ready to move on with her life. Melanie had decided that Matt was no more than a long overdue rebound relationship that had been doomed from the beginning.

In Melanie's version, Matt had an Oedipus complex and wanted someone who would devote themselves to him and his life like a mother would. He was looking for that unconditional love and like an only child was not happy to share her attention with anyone else no matter the reason.

On the plane, Joanna knew she was overthinking it, but she couldn't help it. Three months ago she had gone to a sleepover with her school friends as a frumpy little woman old before her time and had turned into some sort of middle-aged nymphomaniac. Melanie would appreciate that description she thought and smiled softly to herself. She picked up the in-flight magazine and flicked through it stopping at an article entitled, "Are You Happy?"

She read through the article. It was a spiritualistic view of the age-old platitude that no one can make you happy but you. You have to give yourself permission to be happy regardless of what other people in your life might think. If you spend your life making others happy and forget about you, then you become fatigued and depressed. She thought about Melanie and smiled again. She was happy and confused, scared, excited, and unbelievably horny now. She smiled softly remembering their night together. She'd never even considered being with a woman before but she took to it like a duck to water, she could almost taste the other woman on her lips as she licked them mindlessly.

She'd taken the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and checked in. There was a message from Justin waiting for her when she arrived, and she quickly turned her phone back on seeing the missed call. He had to work this week, but he would love for her to have dinner with him and Tom and that he would meet her in the hotel lobby at seven.

Smiling happily, she texted him, "See you at seven. Mum." Then she went to her room to lie down for an hour. She and Melanie had barely slept last night, and she had never been able to sleep on planes, so she was exhausted. Setting the alarm on her phone, she rested it beside her pillow and closed her eyes thinking about being here in this luxurious place with Melanie.

Joanna woke with fright as her phone rang beside her. Thinking it was her alarm she sat up wondering why it hadn't stopped once, she swiped it. It took her a moment to remember where she was and when the phone started to ring again she picked it up and looked at it.

"Hey you," she said with a smile.

"Hey, lover," Melanie's voice greeted her. I got everything I needed done in record time and caught an earlier flight. Wanna meet me in the lobby in twenty minutes? I'm just getting the keys to a hire car, and I will be there."

"I'll be there," Joanna said the excitement in her voice matching that of her friends. "We have dinner plans with Justin and Tom though it was just a message, so they don't know you're here yet."

"Excellent," Melanie enthused. "I'm glad the little twerp got your messages and replied."

Joanna had a quick shower and changed into one of the dressed she knew Melanie liked and went down to the lobby. Taking a seat, she picked up a few brochures for the tours they had available in the area and leafed through them wondering if she and Melanie could do a few of the touristy things while they were here.

Melanie arrived and swept her into a string embrace just as they would have before last night, but Joanna felt self-conscious now and didn't want anyone to think any different of them. Melanie released her and smiled.

"I've miss you, Darling, come on let's get me all checked in," she said and linked arms with Joanna walking over to the lobby reception. Being used to travel and the perks of being somewhat famous Melanie asked for her car to be parked, and her bags brought up to her room.

"Anything else we can help you with Miss Rush?" the concierge asked placing the keys on the counter top.

"I'm expecting a case to be delivered this evening. Could you make sure it is delivered to my room straight away," she smiled warmly and took the keys turned toward the elevator linking her arm through Joanna's again. "We've booked into resorts together a million time before. There's no need to worry about what anyone thinks. Only we know what happened last night," she murmured softly as they rode the elevator up to her floor.

"I feel like it's written all over my face," Joanna laughed.

"That great big L on your forehead stands for loser not lesbian," Melanie teased with a low chuckle.

"Well that's a relief then, so I don't have to worry about this goofy smile all the time then," Joanna giggled as they got out of the elevator. "Do you want to see my room first?" she asked reaching her door before that of Melanie's bigger suite at the end of the corridor. After an answering nod, she let them in closing the door firmly behind them.

Melanie had done a lot of her own thinking this morning and on the flight up despite warning Joanna not to over-think things. She knew for this to work she would need to take charge initially and be the more dominant personality. Her realisation that she was interested in women and more than a little bit curious about having a lesbian affair had been present for a long time now and had grown steadily until she had finally acted on it. She knew that this was all new to Joanna, and their ideas about what they wanted in the relationship were probably quite different.

"You don't have to change the way we act together outside this room," Melanie said softly kissed Joanna tenderly. "Out there we are still the best of friends who have loved each other for forever," he kissed her again deepening the kiss. In here, though, we can express that love in an entirely different way."

"You're used to having a public persona and a private persona," Joanna laughed her arms wrapped around the other woman's waist. "I've never had to be anyone's dirty little secret before," she grimaced.

"You've always been my secret love. Our whole lives, it's been you I went to when I wanted to hide away from the publicity or my love life or anything, even when I didn't have an excuse I knew with you I was safe. The only difference now is that we're dirty together," she grinned.

Joanna thought about this as she melted into another passionate kiss. "I didn't mean it in a bad way. It's kind of exciting I know the reasons we are being secretive, and I agree with them. But here in private," she let her hands glide over Melanie's back down to her ass making the other woman smile. "I can't believe how much I taste you again," she admitted surprising Melanie, who raised an eyebrow. "I've been horny since you dropped me at the airport and I've never thought this much about sex before. "I think you've made me into a lesbian nymphomaniac!" she laughed.

"Maybe we've both just been fighting the same feelings and worked out what is right for us. Better late than never," she grinned. "Seeing as you have a need," Melanie stepped away and removed her panties then went to sit on the couch sliding down until her ass was on the edge. She spread her legs wide and smiled at Joanna, who needed no further invitation crawling between her legs and lapping at the already wet pussy being offered.

"Oh God, this is so much better than I imagined," she sighed in pleasure and looked own on her friend in one of the positions she had favored when watching lesbian porn. They could be equal in every other aspect of their lives if she wanted but seeing Joanna crawl between her thighs she knew she wanted to be the dominant partner in the bedroom. "There are so many things I want to do to you and with you," her voice caught as Joanna slide a finger into her. "I am going to fuck you like you've never been fucked before tonight."

She had no qualms about saying those things to Joanna. They may make love in time once the initial excitement and lust of new sex had worn off but in her mind, she wanted it hot, raw and nasty. She wanted fucking not love making. She closed her eyes her thoughts making her even hotter as the fingers and lips did incredible things to her pussy.