Warped Perception

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I took her hand, "Thanks."

"No worries; now hand me a menu so I can find out what won't kill me here."

I opened a menu so we could both look at it and then put my arm around her. I found myself cherishing this moment.

"Oh, and Darling?"

"Hmm?"

Kiara turned her head slightly, just enough so I could see her. "With you, I'm a sure thing no matter where you decide to take me." She finished with a wink.

*

Dating. For a teenager, especially one who had never been out before, is a horrifying concept. Add in the fact you have to actually proposition a girl, the terror increases exponentially. But why? As Kiara and I dated and did everything and nothing together, I came to the understanding that the fear of asking kept me away from a plethora of 'what if' happy moments with someone. And all those happy moments with Kiara led me to a wonderful and fulfilling relationship with a girl that was absolutely perfect. I almost didn't want to find a way to remove that microchip. Almost.

Kiara's house was nicer than mine. Her parents weren't rich by any definition of the term, but they weren't struggling like my Mom and I were. It was a bigger house and that meant bigger rooms which meant bigger things in each room. The television was huge compared to what I was used to, and sort of intimidating; especially when just to watch television, you needed three remote controls. It was furnished well, but not excessive, but it was all meticulously clean.

"Are you sure you want to watch porn with me?" Kiara held up the disc, waving it around with a playful smile.

I, however, wasn't going to fall for her misrepresentation, as I am anal for research, especially into one of Kiara's passions and I knew the difference. "Anime is not porn. Hentai is, but not anime. So hit me with your favorite anime because if your interested in it, I'm at least going to try it."

"Good answer," Kiara put the disc in and then kind of skipped excitedly back to her cuddle spot on the couch with me.

*

"You know, this is pretty good," I took a drink of my soda. "I like that the story arcs through the entire season - It's basically a long movie."

"I'm glad you approve," Kiara took my soda and gulped some of it down. "So are ya going to come with me to my anime club?"

"If you're there, I'm in."

"Kiara!" A female voice shouted as the front door slammed shut. It was immediately proceeded by footsteps that sounded more like cast iron crashing down with each thud. "Kiara!"

"Shit," Kiara mumbled as she rolled her eyes. "In the living room, Mom."

"I stopped by the pharmacy; I need you to come to the bathroom. Now!"

Kiara became defiant, "I'm not on drugs, Mom! So you can take that test and shove it..."

My eyes went wide as I squeezed Kiara's shoulders before whispering, "Not the way; calm down."

Kiara did a double take at me before completing her sentence, "Right back in the medicine cabinet."

"Why does your Mom think your on drugs?"

"I don't know?"

It was apparent that her Mother was still affecting her. "Kiara?" I rubbed her shoulders.

"Fine," Kiara huffed. "One time this new person showed up a video game group I belonged to and he was smoking pot like a fucking chimney. The smell was everywhere. Jason, as it was his house, kicked him out, but we all stunk. Ever since then I can't play games in a group and Mom thinks I'm perpetually high." She tensed up as she looked at me with a shred of fear in her eyes, "You believe me, don't ya?"

"Of course," I smiled.

Kiara visibly calmed, "At least you do."

"Nice save young lady. Now hurry to the bathroom so we can get this... Oh, hello."

I stood up to greet Kiara's Mom - the absolute definition of the strict authority figure. She wore a blue power suit with her skirt ending right above the knees. She stood straight, with both hands on her hips and her blonde hair was done in a conservative bun. And I thought dating was intimidating.

"Hello, Ma'am," I held out my hand. "It's an absolute pleasure to meet you. My name's Jeremiah. And though we haven't termed it yet, I guess you can say I am Kiara's boyfriend."

"You look... normal? No tattoos or anything pierced..." Kiara's Mom lost her threatening stance for a brief moment before quickly regaining it back. Her hand met mine with a firm handshake. "I'm Kiara's Mom; you can call me Charlene."

"Yes, Ma'am, I mean Charlene... Do you honestly feel its necessary to test your daughter for drugs?"

Charlene's eyes narrowed. "So you're the corruptive influence supplying my daughter with illegal contraband. I should call the police."

"No, no," I held up my hands. "You misunderstand. I have not, nor will I ever use, abuse, or otherwise try drugs. I'm willing to take that test to prove it, too. And my Father was an alcoholic so alcohol is also not on my to do list."

"Who are you?" Charlene seemed taken aback at my rebuttal.

"I'm Jeremiah Willingham; a 'B' student, a part time bus boy, an amateur inventor, and I'm in love with your daughter. Can I interest you in a security system?"

"Love, yes," Charlene spat. "Love is a convenient word spouted by males of your generation to a different girl every week to try to get in their pants."

"Actually, I haven't told her yet."

Charlene glanced over my shoulder to Kiara. I heard the joyful sniffles.

"Listen young man, I've had about enough," Charlene seemed to bite off those words. "I will not have you toying with my daughters emotions; bad enough you have her experimenting with drugs. Now get out." She then looked back over my shoulder to Kiara, "And you, get to the bathroom."

"Mom! You can't..."

I raised my hand and angled it at Kiara. "Ma'am, you have every right to kick me out of your house, and I will be leaving peacefully in just a minute." I turned to Kiara and kissed her briefly on the lips. "I really do love you, and I'll see you tomorrow. Relax, everything will be okay."

Kiara's voice was meek, "I love you, too."

I turned back toward Charlene, "Ma'am, allow me to say this one last thing."

"I told you, I've heard enough. I don't need your assistance in parenting my daughter. Go," Charlene pointed to the hallway and therefore the door.

I started walking, "Perhaps a warning, then." I didn't wait for Charlene to respond. "Now when you get older and Kiara moves out and becomes independent, how often would you like her to visit? Or even call you? Because right now, I wouldn't count on it." I reached the hallway, but peaked back in, "Oh, and I made a grilled chicken Alfredo for your family. Kiara said you've had a hard week so we took care of dinner for you."

*

It's amazing how fast so many people can vacate a building. Students and teachers alike all vanishing from the school in record fashion as if they were stampeding cattle. There was only two days left for us seniors, but it seemed everyone caught senioritis. It made it all the more better for Kiara and I as we were not in any hurry as we walked from her locker to mine, hand in hand.

"Did she say why?" I looked at Kiara as I stopped in front of the bathroom door.

"No," Kiara shook her head. "I'm telling ya, Darling, last night my Mom was weird, like she didn't know what to fucking do. She was just going through the motions, even with Dad. I never saw anything like it."

"So when did they want to have this meeting?"

"As soon as possible; tonight if you can."

"I wish I knew what this was about so I can prepare," I put my hand to the bathroom door. "Last night, with the friction you've been telling me that existed between the two of you, I had time to plan; to stay calm, to point out what she might be missing later, and the lack of trust - the drug thing was a surprise but that turned out to be trust again, so it worked. But this..." I shook my head.

"I know I told you before, " Kiara affectionately smiled, "Thank you for that. No one has ever spoken up for me before, and definitely not to my Mom." She moved in and kissed me sweetly.

"Anything for you." I pushed open the door and took a step inside.

"Are ya sure ya really want to use the shithole they call a bathroom here? That place is so toxic, ya might end up coming out of there with a hump on your back and walking like Quasimodo. Hell, I've shit my pants before because I wouldn't use it."

I laughed as I entered before I really did crap my pants.

It's amazing what you hear in a bathroom. Also, if I can hear what was going on outside of this room, isn't the reverse also true? The hallways are so noisy with incessant and useless gossip in which you would need a bullhorn just to be heard, but at times like this, does someone really want to hear what I'm dropping into this toilet?

"Hey, there you are, Kimmy."

"What do you want, Glenn?" I could here the irritation in Kiara's voice. The idiot couldn't even get her name right.

"No, it's what you want. Why don't we slip into this bathroom and you can provide your wifely duties to me."

"Ew, gross... Why don't ya just go find your girlfriend and take that up with her."

"Harmony, nah, she's a frigid bitch. Would barely let me touch her. But you, you're the slut I need. Willing to put out whenever, just aching for dick. So come on, lets get this party started."

"Yuck, I think I just vomited in my mouth. Just go the fuck away, Asshole. You disgust me."

"You're coming with me into this bathroom whether you like it or not, Bitch."

"No! Get your hands off me!"

I heard the other bathroom door open as I pulled up my pants.

I stormed out of the bathroom. Glenn was two steps into the women's restroom pulling a struggling Kiara behind him. The entry way was so narrow, I couldn't physically get to Glenn without going through Kiara. So I threw my final exam project. The brunt force of the baby hit Glenn in the head, causing flour to flow from the decapitated head. It was enough of a distraction for him to let go of Kiara, but it also signified a failing grade in my Life Management class. Kiara was real, the baby wasn't.

Kiara ran into my arms, "Darling." Tears began to manifest and trickle down her cheeks.

"What's your problem, man?" Glenn thundered. "You need to mind your own fucking business, nerd!"

"You need to back off, Glenn." Honestly, I wanted to do far more to him, but Kiara was in pain and she is, and will always be, my first priority. "Just walk away."

Glenn started walking away. I was surprised it turned out that easy. I turned the other way with Kiara. "Are you all right."

"Yeah, just shaken up a bit."

"You're going to be fine. I've got you now, let's just get home."

"Okay." Kiara said it so meekly, it tore at my heart.

"Ow!"

I wasn't expecting it. My concentration was solely on the girl in my arms when something hard crashed into my lower back. I staggered forward before trying to turn around. Glenn was on me in a heartbeat. He grabbed me by the shoulder and drove me into the lockers. I heard the pop through the crash of metal.

"She wants it and she wants to give it to me! I ain't walking away from nothin."

"Get off of him, Asshole," Kiara pulled at Glenn's arm before being shoved away, "Ah," I heard her exclaim as she fell to the ground.

My opening.

I raised my foot backward and upward as hard as I could.

Glenn let out a yelp that sounded like it could have came from a twelve year old girl.

"Kiara, the principal's office!"

"But..."

"Go!"

Kiara raced down the hallway as I turned. I wanted to punch Glenn. I really did. I balled my fist and as I tried to swing my arm, it just kind flapped toward my attacker. That didn't stop Glenn from punching me. He came with a wide right hook and I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt, from his fist and the hard ground on which I collapsed.

Glenn kicked me in the stomach. He liked it so much, he did it again. And again. Then he looked me right in the eye, a maniacal, sinister sneer pasted on his face. He turned and kicked again, this time my head flung back and the last thing I saw was my blood freckle the tile floor.

*

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

My body ached. I struggled to open my eyes, but the light was agonizingly bright. I went to shield my eyes, but my right arm felt like it weighed a metric ton. "Is anybody..." I couldn't even complete that sentence as my mouth was hoarse with dryness.

"Oh, thank heavens." It was my Mom and she was right by my side. In those three words she spoke, I knew she had been crying but I could also feel the relief she felt. "Take a drink of water." A straw was placed to my lips and I sucked in the cool liquid, "The doctors say your dislocated shoulder, along with your bruises and black eye will heal, but they want to keep you a day or two because you also suffered a concussion. How are you feeling, Jeremiah."

"Like I got run over by a truck." My eyes then flew open. "Kiara! What happened to Kiara? Did she get away?" I tried to lift myself up.

"Calm down," my Mom snickered as she gently prohibited my movement. "She's fine. She's here."

"Where? And where is here?"

"We're at the hospital, and Kiara and her Dad are just outside talking with the police."

"Police?"

"Yes. Did you know that after an incident at State University a few years ago, there were cameras installed at Hilldale High for increased security? To be precise, one of the teachers and a private benefactor, a Miss Dyer and a guy named Harrison, if I recall, pushed for it."

"I had no idea."

"Well, what happened today was caught on tape. The police are just getting Kiara's statement and they'll need to get yours as well."

"But is she okay?"

"She's fine." Another female voice answered.

It was a chore, but I turned my head to the opposite corner where out of the shadow stepped forward Mrs. Marchant - and she looked as fierce as ever. Tension seemed to fill the room as she eyed me carefully.

"You missed our appointment."

"What?" I exasperated.

The edges of her mouth crept upward and she let out a small laugh. "I owe you an apology, young man. Honestly, I owe you far more."

I was now confused - and when I'm confused, I normally run a diagnostic check. Where are my tools?

"Yes, you made me think. My husband always felt I was hard on our daughter, and we'd have shouting matches about it. But I felt it was my duty as her mother to protect her. I don't know what to say, but thank you. You made me realize I was just pushing her away. It forced my husband and I to have a legitimate conversation. It would break my heart if she wouldn't want to see me." Charlene started crying. "I'm sorry I accused you of using Kiara. I can see you truly do care for her. And though I won't give up protecting her, I will try to lighten up as I'm glad to see she found someone else who will fight for her. Thank you for saving my daughter."

"Mom?"

Charlene looked over to Kiara and smiled. "Yes, Kiara, you heard me correctly. And I want you to know that I approve..."

"We approve," Kiara's Dad intervened, putting his hand on Kiara's shoulder with a smile.

"Yes, we approve of your relationship with Jeremiah. And Robert?"

"Yes, My Love?" Kiara's Dad answered.

"You were right."

"What?" Robert clutched at his heart and faked a heart attack before laughing it off. "Where's a tape recorder when you need one?"

Charlene went over to Kiara and wrapped her into a warm embrace. "I may not be perfect, but I will try. I love you, Kiara."

"Oh, Mom. I love you too."

Robert came over to my free side of the bed. "Young man, my name's Robert and I owe you my gratitude, my thanks, and so much more for what you did for my daughter." He moved his hand to put it into mine and gave it a brief shake. "I'll thank you properly when you have a little more strength."

"That means he's going to hug ya," Kiara giggled.

"Aw, you ruined the surprise," Robert shook his head as he stepped aside.

Kiara quickly took his place. She leaned down and kissed my cheek and then whispered into my ear, "I will also thank ya properly when you have a little more strength."

*

Kiara and I missed graduation. Kiara didn't go because I didn't and I didn't go because I didn't feel like being miserable listening to speeches from people I didn't care about before I had to figure out how I was going to drag my achingly, weary sore body across the stage. Besides, I technically didn't graduate. I still had to take five finals. Ms. Johnson, after hearing what happened, gave Kiara and I an 'A' despite our baby looking like a scene from Scarface with all the flour that ended up on the bathroom floor. She said we exhibited what a couple should be with our open, honest communication, and that was plenty good enough to deserve the grade we received.

*

Finals felt surreal. I sat in a classroom, with just me and a teacher and no one else. I know I passed the exams, but it wasn't the overwhelming 'I aced them feeling. I was continually distracted. My shoulder kept twitching, but that wasn't what was preying on my mind. I loved Kiara, and that scared me. I loved her so much, what would I do without her? Last night, when I should have been studying, I perfected a small scale electromagnetic pulse device. One that would disable any electronic device placed within three inches of it. Repeated tests proved it should work, though I am going to miss my tablet, and do so without harming her. Kiara will be free.

But will Kiara want to be free from me?

*

"I have a surprise for you."

Kiara smiled as we headed down the stairs to my workshop. "Ya just passed your finals, I should be the one giving you a surprise."

"Please sit down wherever you feel most comfortable," I couldn't control my voice from sounding clinical.

"Darling," Kiara raised her eyes as she pressed herself to my back. "What's wrong? Someone piss you off at school today?"

I gave a half hearted laugh. "No, I'm just nervous about your surprise."

"Is that all?" Kiara kissed my upper back before she went to sit down on the couch. "Ya know I'll love anything you give me. Don't be nervous."

When I turned around, I held the device behind my back. "Are you ready?"

Kiara tilted her head. She knew me well enough to know something was amiss. She eyed me carefully, unwilling to even blink as I took my first step, full of trepidation, toward her. "You're kind of freaking me out, Darling."

"I know, me too."

I shook with nervous anticipation, just staring at her, staring at me as I reached my destination. I took a deep breath.

"No." Kiara's eyes held firm with mine. "I don't need you to take out the chip."

"What?" I couldn't believe my ears. "You don't want to be free of that curse? Besides, I'm just going to electrically pulverize it. No surgery, no harm, and no microchip - and this device is tested."

"No," Kiara smiled. "Sit down," she patted the space next to her and I obeyed. "We have something great going; perfect even. And you're obviously worried about this, about us. I don't want to lose us, either, so no. I have a handle on the chip. I love you." she leaned into me and kissed my lips in a soft sensual way.

I couldn't help but kiss her back with everything I felt for her. Every thought and feeling, with all my heart and soul; I gave unto Kiara all the passion and love I felt for her as I wrapped my arms around her neck.

Kiara became alarmed as she felt the coolness of the device against her skin. Her eyes went wide as I forcefully held our kiss.

'If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.'

I pressed the button.

I immediately released her and backed away. I shied my head slightly down and began twiddling my thumbs as my anxiety was barreling down upon me.

Kiara began cackling beside me. I saw her hold up her hands, looking at them as she wiggled her fingers. "It's gone," she spoke it softly before she reiterated it much more vehemently, "It's gone! I... I..." She seemed to just notice my existence, and stared at me as if confused.