Warped Perception

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, I'm Kid, now?" I signed and initialed every line necessary.

"Afraid so. It's better than Poindexter," David chuckled. Also, and I hope you don't mind as inventors tend to be overly protective of their inventions, but Mr. Hamlin had to see what you were capable of before he offered you your contract, so I had to take a look around your workshop. The better he valued you, the better the contract - and he really valued you. Your Mom gave us authorization, but I just wanted to give you a heads up, just in case."

"No, its all right," I shrugged my shoulders. "Especially if we're going to be working together. I'll be glad to have your insight."

"In that case, I'll offer this advice - you shouldn't leave such a powerful stun gun just laying around. That is dangerous."

"I'll keep that in mind,, though no one has ever gone into my workshop before," I snickered. "Um, I just have one question, though."

"Shoot, but not your stun gun, please," David laughed.

"How did you guys find out about my virtual reality device? I mean does Mr. Hamlin just go around to random peoples homes looking for prospective technological advances?"

"Goodness, no," David waved his hand, dismissively. "Mr. Hamlin happens to be golf buddies with a Mr. McNally from Ingenious Ingenuities."

"Mr. McNally? From the Inventor's Exhibition?" My eyes went wide. If I recall, he was the one playing games on his phone.

"The same," David held up his index finger. "When McNally's company passed on your project. He sent your information to Mr. Hamlin. He thought that E.D.G.E was more the company for you."

"Wow," I shook my head, now feeling very fortunate I went to that exhibition. "So what's next?"

"Well, I say we get out of here, I show you to your office and our lab, you show me the intricacies of your virtual reality gaming system, and we become famous."

I gulped at the last word. "Really? Famous?"

"Of course. We at E.D.G.E get all the credit for our work and Mr. Hamlin makes a ton of money."

I couldn't contain my excitement. I turned around and bounced a step to my Mom. I barely registered her tears, "Mom, I love you, but I have so much to do."

"I'm proud of you," Mom hugged me. "Now go. We'll talk when you get home."

"I'll be home late, after I leave work, I'm heading to Kiara's. Please give her a call for me so she knows I'm out of here and that I'll explain everything tonight."

"I will Jeremiah, I love you!"

Mom started waving as I was running for the exit - running for my future. "Love you, too!"

*

"Kiara!" There was no possibility of me containing my excitement - even at eleven-forty-five at night. The mosquitoes were swarming as I stood on Kiara's doorstep. I was milliseconds away from knocking before stopping myself from waking up her parents. "You'll never guess what happened today!"

"Not Kiara." The male voice was angry, but it still held authoritative power.

"Who is this?" I glanced to my phone in confusion to see the screen show the name of the person I called - Baby. "Is Kiara home?"

"Are you here?" Once again, anger.

This was starting to worry me. "Why do you have Kiara's..."

My statement was cut off by the front door opening. It was Robert - and he was holding Kiara's phone which he emphasized by hanging it up in front of me.

"Now Honey, remember what we talked about," Charlene put a hand on her husband's shoulder.

What a complete role reversal. Normally, Charlene would be the parent on the brink of a meltdown, but now she's the calm and collected one.

"Living room. Now!" Robert demanded.

"Just tell me if Kiara is all..." I stopped as I entered the living room. Kiara was sitting on the couch, distraught. "Kiara, what's wrong?" I ran to her side.

At the sight of me, she started crying. Her eyes were red which begged the question, how long and how often has she been crying?

Kiara shook her head.

I sat down next to Kiara as my arms embraced her. "Kiara?"

Robert and Charlene came into the living room, with Charlene just a step behind.

"Tell me why I shouldn't," and Robert cracked his knuckles.

"What's going on?" I looked at Kiara's parents.

"You know how they blood tested us for alcohol?" Kiara's voice was barely above a whisper, but I turned to her. "I'm pregnant."

"You're pregnant?"

I'm not sure why I was surprised, I mean both just got an 'A' in our Life Management class and Ms. Johnson did, on many occasions, talk about using protection. We even had to put a condom an a cucumber. We were still careless. But still, with all that had transpired today, and not having had any contact with the love of my life for two days while having her sitting before me now, this news felt like the proverbial cherry on top. My voice changed a few octaves as my excitement not only returned, but returned exponentially, "You're pregnant!"

My arms re-embraced Kiara. "I love you, Baby."

"You're not... mad or worried or... you're still staying with me?" Kiara glanced up at me hopefully.

I smiled grandly, "I love you, nothing will change that. Where would I go, anyway?"

Kiara wrapped her arms around me in return. "My parents thought... and I didn't know what to think."

"See, Honey," Charlene put her hand on Robert's shoulder. "He was more excited than I anticipated, but I knew he was different."

"Now that you know, I want to know your plans," Robert folded his arms - still the protective Father.

"Yes," Charlene added. "Not using protection was a mistake, but now we want to talk about the future."

"Do you understand the financial significance of your decision? Diapers, medical bills, food... Do you know how much this is going to cost?" Robert stared expectantly at us.

I put my hand in Kiara's with a smile. "You still want me, not just to be a Father?"

"More than ever," Kiara smiled. "I love you."

"We just want to know what your future looks like. Kiara loves you so much, and this news expedites matters so..." Charlene tilted her head, "You don't seem concerned?"

"Well, I'm not."

Robert let out a disgruntled sigh. Charlene shook her head.

They didn't think I understood the magnitude of this news, but they were the ones not understanding the magnitude of my news. "Not really," I shrugged. "I turned to Kiara. I need you to do me a favor, Baby. I need you to start house shopping."

"Huh?"

It was collective. I made the entire family react the same way. I'm actually impressed by this.

"Yes, I have a new job. You are looking at one of the heads of Electronic Digital Gaming and Entertainment's new virtual reality gaming division. Six figure salary, benefits, a house, a car, a signing bonus, the whole nine yards. Something tells me we're going to be fine, Baby."

"Are you fucking serious, Darling?" Kiara's eyes were as big as the moon.

"Absolutely, Baby." I then rubbed her stomach, "and baby."

*

My life... Our life began falling like dominos. It only took two months for David and I, with our teams help, to legitimately perfect my original virtual reality device, adding an amplifier to the chip to reach the desired effectiveness without having to inject. I'm like a Kid in a candy store with all the great equipment I can use, though I was partial to the Star Wars helmet. Classics never die. Mr. Hamlin was true to his word with all he promised and more. He was a fantastic employer, despite not remembering a single employees given name. Not even close to Mr. Anderson.

My Mom and Kiara's parents were nothing but supportive and became fast friends. My Mom's new home turned out to be only slightly larger than what she was in, and right down the street to the Marchant's, but the backyard is what she was most interested in as she turned it into what could be called a child's amusement park. A jungle gym, teeter totter, monkey bars, trampoline, and when the weather is nice, she brings out an inflatable jumper. With the Marchant's, Charlene was as good as her word when it came to Kiara. So much so, that after Kiara and I moved in together, we visited her parents often. Though they built their Mother, Daughter bond late, it became a strong, tight knit relationship that one could envy.

Kiara and I were blessed with our son, Ciel. We figured our relationship started with the flour baby that we named Ciel, so it must have been good fortune. I must say, the boy sure knows how to keep the women of his family wrapped around his fingers. I suppose that's what Grandmother's are supposed to do, but his Mother also does her fair share while also incorporating some of the strictness Charlene instilled in her.

Kiara - now what can be said about my wife? She decided to become a school counselor so she can help everybody she can that may be experiencing anything like she or I experienced during our high school. She is a passionate woman, and more beautiful today than the day we met - even with her second baby bump in full bloom, a daughter named Revi, after an anime I enjoy.

Our love is still growing as I love her more today than yesterday and more tomorrow than today. She is my everything.

And she always will be.

Not bad for The Nerd and The Goth Girl of Hilldale High.